Mn R guys - Page 5
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Mn R guys

sick pics!!!!! I have kumho extas that are brand new so hopefully they will be alright. Seems like a good tread pattern but otherwise some blizzaks or nokians are going to be needed!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: (RAndrewR)

Quote, originally posted by RAndrewR »
      sick pics!!!!! I have kumho extas that are brand new so hopefully they will be alright. Seems like a good tread pattern but otherwise some blizzaks or nokians are going to be needed!

I have new kumho extas asx's i believe, I sure hope they work alright for winter, time will tell... will be winter soon enough. would rather not have to dump cash into tires when it could go elsewhere...

warpedcow, the sonic blue looks so nice against the white snow in those pics.

'05mt blk/atacama SR with a few mods
      '02 v.7 sti wagon-the winter beater
      '02 wrx stage 2 rebuild thread -sold
      "I mostly like to street race in school zones, simply because they show your trap speed on the digital display."-BroCo

ive got two stops tonight. 1) Advanced auto parts to pick up my Mobil 1 0w-40 for my oil change tomorrow

and

2) leaving the R at borton to fix brake squeal, oil change, and the engine hasnt been starting friendly lately....

Currently: 2004 S60 R GT Black Saph - Mileage: 69502 as of 7/10/2013
      Sold: 1992 960 with the inline
      Sold: 1994 850

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Re: (AbsolutZer0)

Let me know what they find out on brake squeal. Mine do the same. Have new rotors so I suspect pads. Also need to get into Borton regarding a clunking/axle ping noise I have.

Re: Tire Rack, Sport Edition F7's look decent, show 40mm offset. Aren't the Pegs 43mm? Spacers needed with the F7's?

2013 Volvo XC90 AWD Premier Plus
      2007 Volvo V70R, 6MT, Elec. Silver, Nordkap, stock
      2001 Volvo V70 XC (gone but not forgotten)
      1994 Volvo 855 Turbo (still kickin')

as far as i have read and heard from fellow SS'ers, the F7's clear the brembos.

Axel Ping is a known issue... im sure you can track down some threads on it.

In the north lot at borton lyndale i parked next to a Black SR MT (did the 04's not have that metallic shifter?)

looked like 18" pegs, Nordkap.

the V70R in the St Thomas lot this morning had a custom plate that said SALTH2O. anybody know or seen this guy ever? its black with some nice pegs on it

I *think* i saw a black sr on hwy 10 heading east around 3:30-3:40,,, just got a glimpse of it, so I'm not 100% sure but looked like it was rolling on silver pegs, no body kit. anyone of us?

if i would have known this suspension thing would be taking so long i wouldn't have done it. I'm fearing i'll have the same problems

MinnesotaR,,, how is yours doing after a few days, have things settled in a bit? or is the rear end still bouncing like mad? Will volvo let you go back to your old SUM settings?

"I mostly like to street race in school zones, simply because they show your trap speed on the digital display."-BroCo

We all really need to get together so we can go over these common problems were having in person. It's getting too hard to explain symptoms via the internet(SS).

agreed.

BTW - I am picking up my R from borton lyndale tonight. Taking the shuttle from downtown at 5pm. Anyone else going to be down there?

They did my oil change, and they "took off the brakes, roughed them up a bit" and it sounds like they didnt do the Dampeners..... They also tightened my right rear sway bar, and replaced a fuel pressure sensor which was in recall...

Re: (atacamaR)

AtacamaR

I'm still bouncing. I reduced the tire pressure from 40 psi to 31-32 psi and this helped a bit, but it still rides around in the rear like its got shot suspension.

I'm going to put a call into Kline today and ask about this.

I'm still scratching my head as to how Kline was able to order the bushings last Monday and perform the repair on Thursday....but meanwhile Borton is telling you there are a problem with the bushings

Re: (MinnesotaR)

Quote, originally posted by MinnesotaR »
      AtacamaR

I'm still bouncing. I reduced the tire pressure from 40 psi to 31-32 psi and this helped a bit, but it still rides around in the rear like its got shot suspension.

I'm going to put a call into Kline today and ask about this.

I'm still scratching my head as to how Kline was able to order the bushings last Monday and perform the repair on Thursday....but meanwhile Borton is telling you there are a problem with the bushings

Yeah, I really have no idea whats going on. I really want my car back though. Missing all the great fall driving, low prices at the pump, and missed some great days to wash and wax the car.

Borton said the bushings they get just slip right on when they should be tight going on where they have to press them in, they also mentioned some had play side to side as well. I hope i just get new bushings and they don't make any other adjustments-the bouncing sounds just awful. dropping my psi a lot isn't a great option with my 18's and the potholes around here. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the side hop. If it's bad when I get it back and if they updated software I'll attempt to revert back, and request toe set to zero I think. frustrating at any event. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes

i have a roadtrip planned this weekend and really want to take the R on the drive in the country. I'm not to optimistic I'll get it though as they are supposedly awaiting a response from volvo. I wonder if this means they have to send some regional rep out?

ryan

I also agree on all of us getting together to sort things out, ask each other questions.

Global Moderator

Re: (TWMn)

Quote, originally posted by TWMn »
      Let me know what they find out on brake squeal. Mine do the same. Have new rotors so I suspect pads. Also need to get into Borton regarding a clunking/axle ping noise I have.

Re: Tire Rack, Sport Edition F7's look decent, show 40mm offset. Aren't the Pegs 43mm? Spacers needed with the F7's?

Brake squeal is a known issue.

Your car should have the anti-vibration damper installed.

Remove pads, clean, re-install...no more squeal. The Volvo lubricant must be used, though.

Picked up my R!

Saw TWO other black saphs in the north fixit lot.... whose are they!?

My car all of a sudden is doing wierd things. Soon as the temp started dropping in the mornings I now have all these clunks, whines and hesitations

Quote, originally posted by AbsolutZer0 »
      Picked up my R!

Saw TWO other black saphs in the north fixit lot.... whose are they!?

what color interior, body kit?

interested to see if they moved my car off the lift.

i didnt take a close look at one of them... but the other was an 04 nordkap. The one i didnt see wasnt an 04 because of the trim pieces, so it could have been yours. The only cars i saw on lifts were an s80, v50 and an xc90, but i couldnt see two of the bays.

Btw, the service manager was really nice. He came out when he heard my name, he asked why he hadnt seen my parents in a while, it was actually quite nice to see a service department remember their customers

huh, wonder how they moved my car with no bushings.... wonder what the hell is going on, starting to lean towards they backed my car into something and are really waiting for it to come out of paint....

dude our thread rocks. go MN.

Anyone have a good bodyshop yet?

Anyone have a good bodyshop yet?

Yeah, but it's in Rochester

2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

Re: (Warpedcow)

Quote, originally posted by Warpedcow »

Yeah, but it's in Rochester

Well you are about as usefull as a socket wrench on a flathead.

Well you are about as usefull as a socket wrench on a flathead.

actually he is. he's telling you to actually drive your R more than twice a week and treat it to a nice spirited drive.--the bodyshop is icing on the cake....

i assume the bodyshop is for the winglet?

i have a body shop right near Borton that is really great if you are interested in getting that fixed. My buddy Adam runs it and it is called New Central Auto Body. They do almost all of Feldmann Mercedes and Nissan stuff including the aftermarket pieces on my Z. They are a great bunch of guys and do great work! they are located on Lyndale about a block north or Washburn high school. Let me know if you need their number!

anyone be interested if i put up some sort of quick and dirty reference page somplace or a wiki for us MN guys to keep track of resources like this? i don't need a good body shop now, but if i do in the future i'm going to keep track of suggestions like this.

haha my R loves me...

And Andrew - yeah hook me up. Im looking for someone reliable that wont jack me for cost.

I may also do the res. delete, and remove that bracket if mine isnt gone already (i havnt checked yet) so im hunting exhaust shops too

Yeah do it atacama. That would help out a lot.
      AbsolutNeglect should be your name, you bus rider. LOL

Swede's Auto Body in Hopkins is suppose to be good.

Absolutzero, here is the number for new central! Ask for Adam and tell him Andrew sent you and he will more than happy accomidate you with whatever you need painted! Good luck and let me know how it turns out!
      Adam- (612) 827-2589
      http://www.newcentralautobody.com/

AtacamaR - you need to give those boys a call and see what's going on. Both our cars went into the shop right about the same time, both shops had to order parts....mine arrived and was completed (although I'm not happy with it).

I wonder what the scoop is.

Re: (MinnesotaR)

Quote, originally posted by MinnesotaR »
      AtacamaR - you need to give those boys a call and see what's going on. Both our cars went into the shop right about the same time, both shops had to order parts....mine arrived and was completed (although I'm not happy with it).

I wonder what the scoop is.

I called this morning, and got a call back while i was out to lunch. the verdict is.... waiting for approval from volvo to put in a different subframe in the car which will include new bushings.

any guesses to what the subframe all includes?

uhhh, why would they need to do that? That sounds bizaare.... ask Bob Kennedy, JRL, or NeedsDecaf...

uhhh, why would they need to do that? That sounds bizaare.... ask Bob Kennedy, JRL, or NeedsDecaf...

i know it sounds bizarre, I find it odd they want to throw parts at the problem. They haven't been able to find the right bushings though either???

the reason behind the subframe replacement is that it will come with bushings...

I have been there! New Central did a great paint job on my long gone black 1981 242GL Turbo Coupe. Man what a tank of a car, but fun. Probably was in back around 1992...geez, I have been driving Volvos a long time...
      2013 Volvo XC90 AWD Premier Plus
      2007 Volvo V70R, 6MT, Elec. Silver, Nordkap, stock
      2001 Volvo V70 XC (gone but not forgotten)
      1994 Volvo 855 Turbo (still kickin')

Re: (TWMn)

+10 on New Central Body Shop.
      I am a good friend of Paul the owner. They work on exotics, BMW, Porsche, Volvo etc. Excellent work. Can be very creative on special requests/mods.
      2018 V90 T6 RD Passion Red, Amber, Polestar

[QUOTE=New Central Auto Body. They are located on Lyndale about a block north or Washburn high school.[/QUOTE]
      New Central is located at 4737 Nicollet Ave. Phone 612-827-2589
      2018 V90 T6 RD Passion Red, Amber, Polestar

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast