Mn R guys - Page 51
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast
    Results 1,751 to 1,785 of 2458

    Thread: Mn R guys

    1. #1751
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Greenville SC
      Posts
      86
      Quote Originally Posted by MN-TURBOR View Post
      I have the ipd boost gauge and pod, its the dash mount, http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4674/...oost-gauge-pod
      all I need is the boost gauge tubing kit and Im set, can I find that plastic tube anywhere locally, can I use anything other than a plastic tube seems like it can crack or kink easily? http://www.ipdusa.com/products/6533/...ng-fitting-kit


      autozone and napa should both carry the hard line (about $10 with brass fittings). if you want something more flexible, id recommend you avoid autozones rubber line as ive found it to be cheap and dries quickly. silicone would probably be your next best option. you could probably find some barbed fittings to use at your local ace/true value.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #1752
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Greenville SC
      Posts
      86
      also i should add- ive never had a problem with the hard line after installation- its always during installation that ive had issues with kinking and breaking. especially around the brass compression fittings. outside of getting it together without any leaks, the hard line seems to be fairly durable. and if you decide to replace it later on- its a pretty easy line to re route (given you go through the drivers side fender).

    4. #1753
      Member atacamaR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      anoka, mn
      Posts
      4,001
      Quote Originally Posted by MN-TURBOR View Post
      I have the ipd boost gauge and pod, its the dash mount, http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4674/...oost-gauge-pod
      all I need is the boost gauge tubing kit and Im set, can I find that plastic tube anywhere locally, can I use anything other than a plastic tube seems like it can crack or kink easily? http://www.ipdusa.com/products/6533/...ng-fitting-kit

      I have the ipd boost gauge to install yet myself-i've just been putting it off since i'm putting it where my cubby is to the left of the radio.

      I wouldn't use that plastic tube myself-it'll get brittle, discolor and look/work like crap after a while. You can get just about any type of line-silicone, vaccum hose. When I put my boost gauge in my subaru last fall I just picked up some vacuum hose with proper internal diameter from autozone/other place/ i forget. It was less than $3 iirc and better quality than then the plastic hose. Also, if you are routing it through the door where there is a chance of rubbing against the metal or something, i'd protect that area of the line a bit. If i can free up time I'd be up for doing a boost gauge install-->freeing up time is my issue right now.

      I agree with warpedcow that phuzzy has his installs down to a science and it is why he is so cheap. I'd expect $6-700. No way the dealer ends up at $500 as it's somewhat labor intensive. What are the shop rates now at local dealers $125/hr... crazy high.

      edit: as dereklandon points out, it's easy to replace line if routing is easy. If it's a total pain in the ass, i'd opt for a higher quality line so I don't have to worry about it doing the job again.
      Last edited by atacamaR; 07-19-2012 at 07:59 AM.
      '05mt blk/atacama SR with a few mods
      '02 v.7 sti wagon-the winter beater
      '02 wrx stage 2 rebuild thread -sold
      "I mostly like to street race in school zones, simply because they show your trap speed on the digital display."-BroCo

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #1754
      Member Our R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      5,842
      Try NAPA for silicone line. I pick it up there for my install but that was years ago.
      It might be like fishing a wet noodle thru the fender if you don't use something stiffer as a leader.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!"

      Presently taking a ride thru the Black Forest.

    7. #1755
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,925
      Hmmmm... Jekyll and Hyde methinks?

      Last edited by Warpedcow; 07-19-2012 at 10:39 PM.
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

    8. #1756
      Junior Member crums440's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Plymouth MN
      Posts
      113
      when i get the phuzzy fmic if it gets to 25% like i hope, it will be an incredible deal, and it also makes me want to do the dp as well. i will have to see. i am planning on installing it myself, as it doesnt seem that hard to do, once you get the stock intercooler out, i think that will be the main issue, im going to look at a few pictures of peoples installs to see how they routed the piping to make it not so much of a guessing game as to exactly which angles everything will be. my main thing will be getting the front bumper off, because last time i had pulled it to paint my grille, it was not coming loose on the passenger side so i just squeezed in the grille. but im sure if i sat there at tried a bit harder i could figure it all out. if i had a lift this job would be 50 times easier, but ill see how it goes.

    9. #1757
      Junior Member crums440's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Plymouth MN
      Posts
      113
      p.s eurowerks is today at 2-8 at the grainbelt brewery. so if anybody wants to come see some sweet european cars come on down.

    10. #1758
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      43
      Only saw one R there. Pretty good show though.

    11. #1759
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Greenville SC
      Posts
      86
      i got there after the only volvo in the place left- my cousin said he saw an R there... who brought it?

    12. #1760
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,925
      Pete I think I saw your R on I-94 yesterday morning heading east on 94 out of St Paul near the US61 exit... was that you?
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

    13. #1761
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Posts
      69
      Quote Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post
      Pete I think I saw your R on I-94 yesterday morning heading east on 94 out of St Paul near the US61 exit... was that you?
      Yup that was me. I saw a flash of sonic blue right before you went south on 61, knew it was you cause of the plate. Holy cow was it raining hard!

    14. #1762
      Member atacamaR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      anoka, mn
      Posts
      4,001
      Quote Originally Posted by gillette1 View Post
      Only saw one R there. Pretty good show though.
      what color combo was it?

      Maybe i'll enter next year if a few other of you want to do it.

      Was there anything interesting there this year?
      '05mt blk/atacama SR with a few mods
      '02 v.7 sti wagon-the winter beater
      '02 wrx stage 2 rebuild thread -sold
      "I mostly like to street race in school zones, simply because they show your trap speed on the digital display."-BroCo

    15. #1763
      Junior Member crums440's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Plymouth MN
      Posts
      113
      Quote Originally Posted by dereklandon View Post
      i got there after the only volvo in the place left- my cousin said he saw an R there... who brought it?
      if it was the gray one with black wheels that was me. if it was just the gray with silver wheels, then it was most likely jack, hes a member on eurowerks. i didnt enter mine in the show, it was parked on the street. many awsome cars there.

    16. #1764
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,925
      Well I got a DICE unit and laptop with VIDA hooked up to my car yesterday. Big thanks to AtacamaR for lending me the DICE.
      Managed to run the recalibration of the OWS but it didn't seem to make a difference, it will still disable the airbag occasionally with my wife in the passenger seat. Might have to tear the seat down and get at the bag of silicon or whatever that physical sensor is.

      Anyway, HOLY COW you can do a lot of stuff with this setup, especially real-time monitoring. You can do realtime displays of hundreds of values and even graph them. I went for a short drive logging boost, IAT, speed, RPM and made a graph I'll post it later. You can also do some crazy diagnostics stuff, like test the VVT system on the intake and exhaust side just as one example.

      Of note - the boost it logges is in hPa (hectopascals) - it also is "additive" in that it takes ambient pressure + boost and logs that. So it was logging about 970 hPa at idle and then 2000 hPa pretty steadily at WOT, so that delta is 1030 hPa which equals 14.97 psi so that's right there where it should be stock.
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

    17. #1765
      Member atacamaR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      anoka, mn
      Posts
      4,001
      Quote Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post
      Well I got a DICE unit and laptop with VIDA hooked up to my car yesterday. Big thanks to AtacamaR for lending me the DICE.
      Managed to run the recalibration of the OWS but it didn't seem to make a difference, it will still disable the airbag occasionally with my wife in the passenger seat. Might have to tear the seat down and get at the bag of silicon or whatever that physical sensor is.

      Anyway, HOLY COW you can do a lot of stuff with this setup, especially real-time monitoring. You can do realtime displays of hundreds of values and even graph them. I went for a short drive logging boost, IAT, speed, RPM and made a graph I'll post it later. You can also do some crazy diagnostics stuff, like test the VVT system on the intake and exhaust side just as one example.

      Of note - the boost it logges is in hPa (hectopascals) - it also is "additive" in that it takes ambient pressure + boost and logs that. So it was logging about 970 hPa at idle and then 2000 hPa pretty steadily at WOT, so that delta is 1030 hPa which equals 14.97 psi so that's right there where it should be stock.
      sweet! since i haven't had the time to play with it, when you drop the dice unit off later I wouldn't mind seeing some of the diagnostics. I definitely want to see where I am boosting. on the airbag issue maybe your wife is wafer thin and needs to eat a sandwich? just a thought.
      '05mt blk/atacama SR with a few mods
      '02 v.7 sti wagon-the winter beater
      '02 wrx stage 2 rebuild thread -sold
      "I mostly like to street race in school zones, simply because they show your trap speed on the digital display."-BroCo

    18. #1766
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,925
      Quote Originally Posted by atacamaR View Post
      sweet! since i haven't had the time to play with it, when you drop the dice unit off later I wouldn't mind seeing some of the diagnostics. I definitely want to see where I am boosting. on the airbag issue maybe your wife is wafer thin and needs to eat a sandwich? just a thought.
      Yep, will do. Let me know when you want it back. I want to spend some more time this weekend just seeing what else it can do.

      I did finally get that RAAM MAT material installed. With the loud exhaust (see pic above) back on the car it's no longer intolerable in any situation and at some speeds just cruising it's actually rather subdued in cabin. Other speeds you definitely hear it but it's not bad. Give it gas and it's definitely loud. I put I think three of their sheets of that mat in the rear passenger doors and the rest in the trunk. Two sheets left, trying to decide if I add them to the rear doors or try them in the front doors, or just add more to the trunk. Might get a second kit to do some extra layers and also put some on my noisy furnace in the house heh.

      Y'all should come to the August Cars and Coffee and hear this thing!
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

    19. #1767
      Junior Member crums440's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Plymouth MN
      Posts
      113
      Quote Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post
      Yep, will do. Let me know when you want it back. I want to spend some more time this weekend just seeing what else it can do.

      I did finally get that RAAM MAT material installed. With the loud exhaust (see pic above) back on the car it's no longer intolerable in any situation and at some speeds just cruising it's actually rather subdued in cabin. Other speeds you definitely hear it but it's not bad. Give it gas and it's definitely loud. I put I think three of their sheets of that mat in the rear passenger doors and the rest in the trunk. Two sheets left, trying to decide if I add them to the rear doors or try them in the front doors, or just add more to the trunk. Might get a second kit to do some extra layers and also put some on my noisy furnace in the house heh.

      Y'all should come to the August Cars and Coffee and hear this thing!
      i was wondering how that was going to work out. i plan on putting a glasspack where my resonator is to try and simmer down that tone, i also am curious as to how you installed the RAAM MAT. it seems to appeal to me for the sounds deadening.

    20. #1768
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,925
      Quote Originally Posted by crums440 View Post
      i was wondering how that was going to work out. i plan on putting a glasspack where my resonator is to try and simmer down that tone, i also am curious as to how you installed the RAAM MAT. it seems to appeal to me for the sounds deadening.
      Start with reading their howto guide: http://www.raamaudio.com/pages/How%252dTo.html
      Much of that is focused on improving car audio but there are sections on cutting road/exhaust noise as well.

      One "RAAMmat BXT II, 37.5 sq ft" will give you pretty good coverage of the entire trunk. I focused on the most "resonant" panels (bang on it and see if it sounds like a drum or totally dead). So I did two layers on the floor area and then just about 50-70% coverage in pieces everywhere else. This also gave me 3 extra sheets to put in the rear doors (easy to access if you know the trick with the clips).

      If you want to just go all out get two of those kits and do a full layer in front and rear doors and then 1-2 layers in the trunk, and if you have any left over do a second layer in the doors too. The headliner and floor carpet are a royal PITA to remove to access the actual floor and roof so I don't think I'll ever do those. My guess is Volvo does decent sound deadening in those places from the factory. In the doors though there's practically nothing, just a small piece of some similar material right behind the speakers but nothing else.

      The install itself is easy once you have access to the panels you want to cover. Cuts well with a good scissors and it's all peel and stick. I wiped down some really dirty areas in the trunk before applying the MAT but most surfaces I just stuck it on, no prep.

      Honestly I'd say do the MAT first and then decide if you really want to mod the exhaust to be even quieter.
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

    21. #1769
      Member MN-TURBOR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      1,280
      Who's down for Cars & Coffee this Sat?
      2007 S60R - Ti Grey/Atacama M66 - Stage II Shark Tune - 8EightFab downpipe - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - SNABB FMIC/Intake Pipe - TWM Short Shifter - Forge CBV - UR Front Brace/Rear Brace - IPD 28mm Rear Sway Bar - BC Racing Coilovers
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - Electric Silver - Muffler/Resonator Delete
      2007 XC70 - Ice White - Stage I Shark Tune - Muffler Delete

    22. #1770
      Member Our R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      5,842
      Have any of you guys done a front wheel bearing yet?
      I think I might need to do one and had a couple quick questions.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!"

      Presently taking a ride thru the Black Forest.

    23. #1771
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,925
      Quote Originally Posted by MN-TURBOR View Post
      Who's down for Cars & Coffee this Sat?
      Meeeeeeeeeeee. Y'all should come out and hear my ridiculous exhaust. Hah.

      Quote Originally Posted by Our R View Post
      Have any of you guys done a front wheel bearing yet?
      I think I might need to do one and had a couple quick questions.
      Never done would but would love to help, I'm sure I'll need one eventually...

      Quote Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post

      Honestly I'd say do the MAT first and then decide if you really want to mod the exhaust to be even quieter.
      I've been doing more and more reading about sound deadening in cars. Seems like the ultimate solution is a vibration dampener (like the RAAM MAT) followed by a layer of closed-cell (or open-cell in a pinch) foam followed by 1-lb mass loaded vinyl. You can spend megabucks on specialized integrated products or just buy rolls of each on ebay or whatnot and use type on the foam and MLV.

      Anyone else want to do this? Best bang for the buck is buying 100 sq ft or more in a roll and splitting the cost since shipping is a bear... unless someone knows a local source for MLV?
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

    24. #1772
      Member MN-TURBOR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      1,280
      just out of curiosity and the fact my auto insurance policy ends soon and I'm searching all over what auto insurance company do you have for the R?
      I have Progressive.
      2007 S60R - Ti Grey/Atacama M66 - Stage II Shark Tune - 8EightFab downpipe - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - SNABB FMIC/Intake Pipe - TWM Short Shifter - Forge CBV - UR Front Brace/Rear Brace - IPD 28mm Rear Sway Bar - BC Racing Coilovers
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - Electric Silver - Muffler/Resonator Delete
      2007 XC70 - Ice White - Stage I Shark Tune - Muffler Delete

    25. #1773
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,925
      Quote Originally Posted by MN-TURBOR View Post
      just out of curiosity and the fact my auto insurance policy ends soon and I'm searching all over what auto insurance company do you have for the R?
      I have Progressive.
      I'm leaving State Farm for Liberty Mutual because State Farm refused to replace my windshield with OEM-quality glass. Liberty Mutual WILL do this (I called and asked, plus after searching SwedeSpeed I found a number of other similar findings...)
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

    26. #1774
      Member MN-TURBOR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      1,280
      I got a quote from liberty mutual, they were the most expensive of all insurance companies, significantly more. Progressive and Farmers were the cheapest, I'll give them a call and see if they do the OEM glass for the R.
      2007 S60R - Ti Grey/Atacama M66 - Stage II Shark Tune - 8EightFab downpipe - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - SNABB FMIC/Intake Pipe - TWM Short Shifter - Forge CBV - UR Front Brace/Rear Brace - IPD 28mm Rear Sway Bar - BC Racing Coilovers
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - Electric Silver - Muffler/Resonator Delete
      2007 XC70 - Ice White - Stage I Shark Tune - Muffler Delete

    27. #1775
      Member Our R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      5,842
      We switched from Allstate after 15 yrs to AAA. They were significantly cheaper with better customer service.

      It wasn't a wheel bearing. The front lug nuts were a pain to remove when I did the front brakes 2 weeks back so I applied a bit of anti-seize. Seems they loosened up after being torqued.

      Here's the exciting news:

      If you are looking to get your caR tinted, Imola Motorsports is having their annual celebration August 4th. Starts at 11 and food provided after C&C
      If you make an appointment on Aug 4th for tinting, it's $139.99.
      I've seen their work and it's very good.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!"

      Presently taking a ride thru the Black Forest.

    28. #1776
      Member MN-TURBOR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      1,280
      Quote Originally Posted by Our R View Post
      We switched from Allstate after 15 yrs to AAA. They were significantly cheaper with better customer service.

      It wasn't a wheel bearing. The front lug nuts were a pain to remove when I did the front brakes 2 weeks back so I applied a bit of anti-seize. Seems they loosened up after being torqued.

      Here's the exciting news:

      If you are looking to get your caR tinted, Imola Motorsports is having their annual celebration August 4th. Starts at 11 and food provided after C&C
      If you make an appointment on Aug 4th for tinting, it's $139.99.
      I've seen their work and it's very good.
      Talked to Farmers and they would do OEM, said it depends on who I choose to replace the glass.

      I got my windows tinted two days ago at Tint Pros Mobile...wow I waited a year to get them tinted and this happens!!!! 35% ceramic for $250!!!!


      Viva is having a sale:
      Special Promotion for Chassis Braces

      Thanks to feedback we've received from your fellow enthusiasts, we are offering yet ANOTHER special promotion on all our Chassis Braces*! The promotional offer is for front and rear lower and upper chassis and strut tower braces.

      For a limited time, all Ultra Racing Chassis Braces are available at a 20% Discount off regular retail pricing! Place your orders soon, because this promotion will only be available through August 30th.

      To receive the 20% Discount, enter Coupon code "UR-BRACE" during checkout.
      http://www.vivaperformance.com/suspension/
      2007 S60R - Ti Grey/Atacama M66 - Stage II Shark Tune - 8EightFab downpipe - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - SNABB FMIC/Intake Pipe - TWM Short Shifter - Forge CBV - UR Front Brace/Rear Brace - IPD 28mm Rear Sway Bar - BC Racing Coilovers
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - Electric Silver - Muffler/Resonator Delete
      2007 XC70 - Ice White - Stage I Shark Tune - Muffler Delete

    29. #1777
      Member atacamaR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      anoka, mn
      Posts
      4,001
      warpedcow, did you put the RAAM MAT at the taillights? I remember reading a long while back that this drastically cut noise, more so than just doing the floor of the trunk.

      As for the dice unit I'll need it soonish, not immediately, but by end of August for sure as my leaking strut is finally getting bad enough that I need to suck it up and replace the fronts. I'll be doing a complete front suspension refresh. I just got my sway bars back from the powder coater so I think i have everything in order. still debating on if I'll put my tme springs in at that time. I should since i'll have things apart but at the same time cash flow is low since i've picked up a new winter car/upgraded a bike so I wouldn't be able to get a camber kit if i'm at -2 or more... decisions, decisions.
      '05mt blk/atacama SR with a few mods
      '02 v.7 sti wagon-the winter beater
      '02 wrx stage 2 rebuild thread -sold
      "I mostly like to street race in school zones, simply because they show your trap speed on the digital display."-BroCo

    30. #1778
      Junior Member crums440's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Plymouth MN
      Posts
      113
      i may need to have a ride in your car warpedcow, to see if i want to go through with the MAT or try some exhaust quieting. also, is there going to be another volvo meet up before the cars and coffee on saturday?

    31. #1779
      Junior Member crums440's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Plymouth MN
      Posts
      113
      oh and also, does anybody know of somebody i could borrow the special tools needed to do the head gasket in the s60r? i need those tools.

    32. #1780
      Member MN-TURBOR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      1,280
      Quote Originally Posted by crums440 View Post
      i may need to have a ride in your car warpedcow, to see if i want to go through with the MAT or try some exhaust quieting. also, is there going to be another volvo meet up before the cars and coffee on saturday?
      we should meet up, same place same time.
      2007 S60R - Ti Grey/Atacama M66 - Stage II Shark Tune - 8EightFab downpipe - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - SNABB FMIC/Intake Pipe - TWM Short Shifter - Forge CBV - UR Front Brace/Rear Brace - IPD 28mm Rear Sway Bar - BC Racing Coilovers
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - Electric Silver - Muffler/Resonator Delete
      2007 XC70 - Ice White - Stage I Shark Tune - Muffler Delete

    33. #1781
      Junior Member crums440's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Plymouth MN
      Posts
      113
      sounds like a plan, what time did we decide on last time again? was it like 7:00?

    34. #1782
      Member MN-TURBOR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      1,280
      Quote Originally Posted by crums440 View Post
      sounds like a plan, what time did we decide on last time again? was it like 7:00?
      meet at 7 and head out by 7:10-15ish

      BP
      7905 Great Plains Boulevard
      Chanhassen, MN 55317
      2007 S60R - Ti Grey/Atacama M66 - Stage II Shark Tune - 8EightFab downpipe - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - SNABB FMIC/Intake Pipe - TWM Short Shifter - Forge CBV - UR Front Brace/Rear Brace - IPD 28mm Rear Sway Bar - BC Racing Coilovers
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - Electric Silver - Muffler/Resonator Delete
      2007 XC70 - Ice White - Stage I Shark Tune - Muffler Delete

    35. #1783
      Junior Member crums440's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Plymouth MN
      Posts
      113
      there it is! haha thanks, hoping to see a few more people there, it was nice to see some face versus a screen name!

    36. #1784
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,925
      Quote Originally Posted by atacamaR View Post
      warpedcow, did you put the RAAM MAT at the taillights? I remember reading a long while back that this drastically cut noise, more so than just doing the floor of the trunk.

      As for the dice unit I'll need it soonish, not immediately, but by end of August for sure as my leaking strut is finally getting bad enough that I need to suck it up and replace the fronts. I'll be doing a complete front suspension refresh. I just got my sway bars back from the powder coater so I think i have everything in order. still debating on if I'll put my tme springs in at that time. I should since i'll have things apart but at the same time cash flow is low since i've picked up a new winter car/upgraded a bike so I wouldn't be able to get a camber kit if i'm at -2 or more... decisions, decisions.
      Nothing really to stick that stuff to behind the tail lights... I stuffed some foam and stuff back in that area though. If/when I do the full foam/MLV treatment than I'll cover that area better. Stuff like RAAM MAT or Dynamat or Fatmat are just vibration dampeners that are only really useful on resonant body panels.

      If you come to Cars and Coffee you can have the DICE back then!
      I'll bring it there regardless maybe some other folks want to play with it during the show - I'll bring my VIDA laptop. My front suspension probably needs some TLC too. I'll probably start with the end links (cheap and easy!)
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

    37. #1785
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,925
      Quote Originally Posted by MN-TURBOR View Post
      meet at 7 and head out by 7:10-15ish

      BP
      7905 Great Plains Boulevard
      Chanhassen, MN 55317
      I'll be there. Email me if you want to do the IKEA meet on the way like last time.
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast