transmission fix next service message
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

transmission fix next service message

i have a 2000 s80 2.9 with abs/stc. I recently replaced my abs module with a rebuilt unit from BBA. My abs fault went away and now i have the above message in the information box at each startup. Does anyone know what this is about? can i erase it somehow or will the dealer need to fix it?<br>thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: transmission fix next service message (morocoe)

It says transmission fix next service? Are yiou sure it doesnt say transmission service urgent?

Re: transmission fix next service message (Turb04S60)

these are the exact words on the message center Transmission fix next service

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

AFAIK there are five transmission related messages that can appear in the S80's DIM:<p>- TRANSMISSION SERVICE URGENT<br>- TRANSMISSION SERVICE REQUIRED<br>- <b>TRANSMISSION FIX NEXT SERVICE</b><br>- TRANSMISSION OIL TEMP HIGH<br>- CHANGE TRANS OIL AT NEXT SERVICE<p>Of these, "TRANSMISSION SERVICE URGENT" is by far the most serious message. Both "NEXT SERVICE" messages would be service reminders based on elapsed mileage.<p>Chances are you won't be able to reset said message without the dealer's blessing. However, you *can* check the ATF level and its condition yourself and note any erratic shift behavior that could be the harbinger of transaxle doom.<p>If you're an intrepid DIYer, you can also change the transaxle's filter and Dexron ATF yourself to maximize the transaxle's service life.

Transmission oil fix next service message

Quote Originally Posted by Dextrobrick View Post
      AFAIK there are five transmission related messages that can appear in the S80's DIM:<p>- TRANSMISSION SERVICE URGENT<br>- TRANSMISSION SERVICE REQUIRED<br>- <b>TRANSMISSION FIX NEXT SERVICE</b><br>- TRANSMISSION OIL TEMP HIGH<br>- CHANGE TRANS OIL AT NEXT SERVICE<p>Of these, "TRANSMISSION SERVICE URGENT" is by far the most serious message. Both "NEXT SERVICE" messages would be service reminders based on elapsed mileage.<p>Chances are you won't be able to reset said message without the dealer's blessing. However, you *can* check the ATF level and its condition yourself and note any erratic shift behavior that could be the harbinger of transaxle doom.<p>If you're an intrepid DIYer, you can also change the transaxle's filter and Dexron ATF yourself to maximize the transaxle's service life.
      So is there an answer to this specific message, all this time and no answer on thread, could it be no one knows?

Transmission oil fix next service message

Quote Originally Posted by FREE View Post
      So is there an answer to this specific message, all this time and no answer on thread, could it be no one knows?
      Wow, I can't believe no one else has an answer to this message, transmission is shifting fine, no indication of problem, transmission fluid is a bit brown, no burnt odor, so anyone have an answer. Will change transmission fluid, but hate to do anything without knowing what this message indicates needs fixing.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements