How To: Replace Oil Filter Housing - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Quote Originally Posted by kjhiggins View Post
      I'm curious if the oil filter housing should be changed as a preventative measure
      Not really, especially for a couple hundred bux. The diaphragm doesn't really wear out, it is either intact or it's ripped. And unless the cyclones are crudded up, or the oil ports into the block are clogged. there's not much reason to go in there.

MHO.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD 6MT w/Heico tune, Heico exhaust, Bell intercooler, IPD TCV, Viva Forge CBV, Elevate rear swaybar and torque mount, Snabb shift kit, etc.
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD
      1956 PV444 complete, running
      1956 PV444 very original, very rough

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I did mine yesterday when replacing the alternator and thermostat- the worst job is getting the airbox out- good hint to go underneath for the lower bolts on the oil filter housing as I tried to do mine from above for a while

Quote Originally Posted by kjhiggins View Post
      I'm curious if the oil filter housing should be changed as a preventative measure
      I'm going to say you should consider it. I had my upper radiator hose changed as preventive maintenance and I wish I had thought to do the PCV at that time. Two months later my PCV went bad and I had it done the next day because I was in panic mode and didn't want to blow seals. Well long story short it's leaking oil on the passenger side and now it's going in for timing belt and seals. I plan to add it to my preventative maintenance list.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
      I'm going to say you should consider it. I had my upper radiator hose changed as preventive maintenance and I wish I had thought to do the PCV at that time. Two months later my PCV went bad and I had it done the next day because I was in panic mode and didn't want to blow seals. Well long story short it's leaking oil on the passenger side and now it's going in for timing belt and seals. I plan to add it to my preventative maintenance list.
      Did you already have the 'new' style with the rubber hose or was it still the old style that's prone to failure?
      2010 XC70 T6 148k; 2006 S40 T5 AWD M66 205k; 2004 XC70 275k; 1998 V70 288k (sold); 1970 Dodge Super Bee 383 Magnum 122k

I recently got the whistle that goes away with the dipstick pull, I replaced just the pcv diaphragm. The whistle is gone but I still can't get the 2187 code to stay cleared. It has the newer hoses on it not the accordion style of the earlier ones. Does this mean I need to replace the whole assembly? Any input greatly appreciated.

How To: Replace Oil Filter Housing

Try disconnecting the wiring to the PTC resistor on the housing and see if it goes away.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=589559

BD
      Current Fleet:
      1998 S70 Base (New project), 2006 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 2008 C70 Premium Plus M66, 2011 XC90 V8, 2013 C70 Platinum P*

RIP:
      1994 854T FWD, 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD, 2005 S60 2.5T FWD

Thanks will try tonight

Great Job man thanks a million I know it’s an old thread but it still
      Works I just replaced my oil housing on my 2014 S60 T5 due to a pretty bad oil leak. It was the same concept. Thanks again.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3