SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

3M views 13K replies 766 participants last post by  hq_ 
#1 ·
So we have this thread over @ Volvospeed and it's pretty cool.

What did you do today?

Installed brackets in my trunk to keep my tool kit from moving around, and bungie cords on the side cubbie to keep my cleaning stuff in place.

See less See more
#12,275 ·
Turbo is great! I was having issues a while back with my Forge wastegate and had to go back to stock. But overall it's pulling hard.
I want that shift knob.... Link?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
It's the TWM M1 Abrams.

You'll have to tap the shift stalk to M8. be careful, TWM will provide you with a rinky dink tapping nut that didn't really work for me so I had to use a real tapping kit.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

#12,272 ·
Off topic, where is this tread hiding. I can find on the app but can’t track down this one on the computer. Same thing for the picture of the day. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12,273 ·
Off topic, where is this tread hiding. I can find on the app but can't track down this one on the computer. Same thing for the picture of the day. Sorry

FWD and AWD / S40 and V50 / thread

#12,274 · (Edited)
Front end face lift, euro yellow headlight film on the headlights and fogs ($25), new random euro plate ($20) and the dubstop badge-less grill ($120)

#12,276 ·
By popular demand, I have compiled my suggested list of top ten things to upgrade first on these cars.

#12,281 ·
Paisley headlight bezel paint.

#12,288 ·
One done.

I'll observe how it holds up for a month and then maybe make a few extra to sell here. Any interest? What's a good price point?

#12,289 ·
Very Different & Artistic - A - Wow Factor ~

Heat is likely to Be it's Undoing ~ Night Driving ~ I Guess stronger bulbs might be used , but then increases Heat - Unless - there are LED's which have Cooling on the back of them just "Food for Thought"

Technically Older Lights are probably all Dulled Out anyhow or Chrome Reflective Area's are shot .. Way Better then the Black ~ Units also

( Saying ) Very Cool ~ :partywave: Must Take about 3-4 Hours - will You be Shipping Out soon ( Still Testing ) ?

#12,290 ·
10 to 15 hours, full time running HIDs but I base coated and then clear coated with 500 degree engine paint.

Volvo doesn't sell the lens and calls it a non serviceable part. Source from junk yard, crack them open, removing all sealers. Sand lens from 800 to 1000 to 1500 to 1800 to 2000 to 2500 and then 3000. Compound out the lens for flawless scratch less surface. Wrap the lens in tinted film. Then sand prime base cost the bezel. Hydro dip the paint pattern, clear coat. Then assemble the bezel Into the lens. Finally crack open the destination headlight. Clean the internals, scrub and remove sealer and apply new sealer and re attach. I have 2 more sets waiting for production if these hold up. I'll do various patterns and either euro yellow or neo-chrome film also.

#12,291 ·
There is nothing left in this car that is not essential. Doing up some prototypes for a new "dash."
Saved about another 80lbs from miscellaneous parts that were still in the interior.

It'll be relatively clean once I'm done. Not professional, as I don't care to spend money on this car to make it look pretty. But it'll be clean, minimalistic, and make swapping clutch master cylinder, heater core, and blow motor all 5 minute jobs.

#12,292 ·
That's Wild ~ I was just Cruising all the Used Dash's Yesterday on E-Bay just to see what was Available , I thought there Might be a Left Over from a Crash Cool Center Dash Pcs. or
Steering Wheel set up .. Racing . .

Up above are all those Sanding steps "Really Needed" to do a Wrap .. seems You could Shave Major Time Off that . . is all . .
One Reason I don't Like doing Stage 2 Porting & Stage 2 Polishing - the - Extra Time is Huge & Only Gain 2-3% of 15 Hp .. Unless It's Going to be K16 set up ..Matched Set Up ..

#12,293 ·
Disabled the DRLs today.

The thieves at San Diego Volvo charged me $208.68 (minimum charge of one hour of labor).

At least they washed my car and gave me chips and cookies. [emoji19]

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

#12,296 ·
Everything is mounted, wired up, and working. Now I just need to finish cleaning up all the wires.

#12,299 ·
Everything is mounted, wired up, and working. Now I just need to finish cleaning up all the wires. ...
Ok, Im gonna adress the burning question here: what does Eject and Panic buttons will be wired to? :D

love the DYI "all_In_One" dash ! :thumbup:

#12,310 ·
In the process of swapping the Sparcos back into the Porsche and moving the Brides over to the C30. The Brides' leg angle makes them extremely uncomfortable for cars where your legs are mostly straight to the pedals (mid engine Porsches), so they're a better fit in the more elevated seating position in the C30.

I still prefer the Sparcos in terms of comfort. But in the spirit of not spending mod-money on this car anymore, I'll use what I have.

#12,311 · (Edited)
Today I continued to de-tune my car, at 145xxx miles, and with the addition with a baby on the way, my days of racing around are over for now. The car will serve much better as a daily without the go fast bits to tempt me. I will keep the car, and begin saving and looking for a Salvage C30 R Design to build a Polestar C30.

That's the plan for now anyways, as of today, besides I still have a hot rod to fart around in on the weekends.

I finally made it back home after being held up and finished removing the charge pipe, I'll do the intercooler tomorrow. All parts will be posted in the classified, if you seen anything you want in my signature hollar at me!

When installing the stock plenum, I dropped the small plastic valve down the intake

thank god the valves were not open in the cylinder or I would have been wishing I had the Rona virus!

#12,313 ·
Today I continued to de-tune my car, at 145xxx miles, and with the addition with a baby on the way, my days of racing around are over for now. The car will serve much better as a daily without the go fast bits to tempt me. I will keep the car, and begin saving and looking for a Salvage C30 R Design to build a Polestar C30.

When installing the stock plenum, I dropped the small plastic valve down the intake

thank god the valves were not open in the cylinder or I would have been wishing I had the Rona virus!
Meh do Eric the Car Guy does when he's pulling Ford Triton Spark Plugs and not all of the porcelain comes out with the removal tool - just pull the spark plugs out of all cyl so it doesn't light, and crank it over a few times, it'll more than likely blow it out the spark plug hole. Otherwise meh, what can you do.

#12,312 ·
Since schools are closed lets get the toys outside [emoji3]

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

#12,315 ·
New RMM, Powerflex RMM insert and Powerflex RMM small bushing from focus st/rs. Shifting is so much smoother.
Next on the list : summer wheels.
Yes, one of the best things you can do for under $50 is that insert
Enjoy the summer wheels when you can. I do notice about a 1.5-3mpg difference between my snow tires and my 750 treadwear summer tires. But saves my $75 per season shift to keep them on their own rims, and having a full size backup in the trunk is nice as well.

#12,316 · (Edited)
I replaced the heat shield over the rear transfer case. It was causing a rattling noise at certain RPM while idling. The new shield was under $12 CDN from the dealer.

The bolts came out very easily, did not have to remove anything else from the car except the turbo intake pipe up top for better access. I also jacked the car up and worked from below a bit.

White Black Monochrome Black-and-white Light

#12,318 ·
All upcoming events have been canceled. So a group of us went for a quick mountain drive before we're forced into quarantine.

#12,319 ·
Very nice !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk