What did you do to your car today? - Page 350
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 350 of 350 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 346 347 348 349 350
    Results 12,216 to 12,242 of 12242
      Rear Stabilizer End-Links. Did this w/o needing to jack up the car, just slid myself underneath on ground level! Hardest part was prying old middle bushing off and re-seating new one to stabilizer bar. Simplest suspension work ever with a bit of involvement.

Old:

New:

Rear driver side

Rear passenger side

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I used power of wind and highway speed to succesfully break wiper linkage, leaving me with only driver side wiper (thankfully) working.

Time to add "wiper linkage replacement" skill to list of my abilities.
      fun....

20190905_004336.jpg
      Titanium Grey 2005 V50, T5AWD, M66, Stage 1 Hilton tune<-Click me
      E-Focus Torque mount, E-46 bi-xenon retrofit (see the PDF for pictures and full story) , de-nanny mod, Brembo discs+ATE ceramic pads

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      Last night, I decided to make a matching vent on the driver's side... For symmetry... After two years.
      Now both sides of the car are its "good side."

I also swapped out the brushed aluminum interior trim for the R-design trim from my Bailey's old V50.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Added some rivets to the heat shield to stop it from rattling and changed some fluids; engine oil, angle gear and differential fluid. Here's what the angle gear and diff fluid looked like. I wonder how long its been since its last flush, if ever!Attachment 54735
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66
      2005 Honda S2000

Replaced handbrake lever cap/cover (revised design) Genuine Volvo

Revised version (left) more rubbery and flexible with gasket around the edges. Also the butt-end is now cut off to allow the part to be more 'flexible' under stress.

Full rebuild k04, with ceramic coated manifold (inside and out).

And had them coat the downpipe too while we were at it.

With the C30 build basically being complete, I've decided to start a new video series showcasing each modification explaining why, if it was worth it, and what I'd do differently today.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      With the C30 build basically being complete, I've decided to start a new video series showcasing each modification explaining why, if it was worth it, and what I'd do differently today.

Nice job Mike
      My unicorn - 2008 V50 AWD T5 - 6 speed manual
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...l-build-thread

Started with fabbing a new exhaust and fitted the new diffuser. I didnt like the place of the oem exhaust pipes and wanted to make the more towards the center of the car.

So i bought a Focus ST diffuser and a second bumperlip. And did some diy work. It worked out pretty nice i think. Only needs some minor adjustment

Timing Belt, water pump, tensioner, pulley, alternator (removed), the two aux tensioners, enough for the day
      Also made that god damn crank locking tool up
      2 days laying on the concrete in the sun, a lovely 30°c to 33°c both days, be better if we had an ozone layer here though
      Should be receiving 2 mount from the UK tomorrow, and will be putting my lovely ford/"volvo" mount too - so all three
      What fun

Over the last few days I have done: front swaybar endlinks,wheel bearing dust shields, adjustable rear upper arms, rear lower arms, and installed the front half of a K&N typhoon intake to my existing Snabb intake pipe.
      I used a Green Filter and K&N filter wrap.
      2006 V50 T5 AWD Black(The Wifes)
      2002 V70XC Dark Blue(Mine)

I'm giving away the shift knob from my Phase-1 build.
      Subscribe and leave a comment on the video to be eligible to win it!

Installed the last component to my suspension overhaul and adjusted the rears to my desired camber. These are megan racing adjustable toe arms (I actually have an extra set I will be selling). Godspeed also makes a set but I'm not really a fan of their camber arms in regards to the quality and ease of adjustment so I went with a different brand.

The godspeed bushings are pretty soft and their bulky build actually rubbed the subframe slightly when I first installed them. Mind you, that was before the rest of the rear suspension was done but just pointing it out. Also, the adjustment nuts were bigger than the largest box wrench I had (24mm) so I had to use two adjustable wrenches. Not sure if other camber arms are the same. If I did it over I would go for a better brand on those arms, but for the price they do still serve their purpose.

Alignment was a breeze since all we had to do was rear camber and toe. With the suspension complete I have to say I'm amazed at the difference. Going into some corners at first I was a bit hesitant from driving so long with the stock setup until halfway through I realized I could have taken them faster lol. The tightness of everything now and the reduced body roll is awesome.

New parts:
      Koni yellow fronts
      KYB adjustable rears
      Strut mounts, spacers, and bearings
      Eibach springs
      New front LCAs, tie rods, and end links
      Megan racing adjustable rear toe arms
      Godspeed camber arms
      Elevate sway bar/new rear links
      Powerflex rear LCA bushings

(Wasn't going to overload the post with pictures from my 3 month long project )

2010 S40 R-design awd m66

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm making the C30 my ragged daily again, because I got Bailey a new car for her birthday.

Ah the subie...not gonna lie when mine goes up in flames I'm getting a subaru myself. Preferably close to the 1st timing belt interval so I can save $2,000 off the listing price. My wife's has been the most relatively trouble free car I've ever owned.
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha - 10:1 Wisecos; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

1994 Volvo 850

Bought new 25 years ago. 150K miles.
      Today I checked the oil and applied RainX to the windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      I'm making the C30 my ragged daily again, because I got Bailey a new car for her birthday.

Digging that awesome Boxster!

Replaced front O2 sensor, which had triggered several Stored and Pending CEL's for being "Stuck Rich" and kept coming back. Easy peasy to do.
      Remove OTE pipe
      Pop out the heatercore hoses from the firewall bracket
      Feed the 22mm or 7/8" wrench down between the turbo coolant return hose and the heatercore hoses
      Put it on the 6 sided bolt flush and good and PULL like a mofo (I used a short pry bar in the top 12 point loop to give both hands grip on either side) - should crack loose.
      From there channel locks to continue turning until can turn by hand. Pop out
      Ensure antiseize on the new threads and reinstall.

Old one had no antiseize on the threads but was on there so tight it was a real bugger to get off.
      Last edited by avenger09123; 12-01-2019 at 11:49 PM.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha - 10:1 Wisecos; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

Quote Originally Posted by avenger09123 View Post
      Replaced front O2 sensor, which had triggered several Stored and Pending CEL's for being "Stuck Rich" and kept coming back. Easy peasy to do.
      Remove OTE pipe
      Feed the 22mm or 7/8" wrench down between the turbo coolant return hose and the heatercore hoses
      Put it on the 6 sided bolt flush and good and PULL like a mofo (I used a short pry bar in the top 12 point loop to give both hands grip on either side) - should crack loose.

Old one had no antiseize on the threads but was on there so tight it was a real bugger to get off.
      Any improvement on gas mileage yet, or should I say back to normal?

Quote Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
      Was ~24MPG consistently daily doing 60-80mph for 120mi. Seems to have gone up a bit since then, but no hard numbers yet. I refill everyday M-F so I can provide more details tomorrow after first fillup.

If You Guys Up_Load to SS for Picture then , after saving Go back after say 15 sec. and Edit _ Cut to Remove Picture and Then Add It Right Back in another Up_Load ( Right ) I Know But Hey it Works !
      Then It Load Correctly ans Show as it should ~ Something about Pushing the Server Twice ~ that Mounts it in the Cloud for All to View ~ that is all Extra step works 100% . .

Quote Originally Posted by speedydan View Post
      Added some rivets to the heat shield to stop it from rattling and changed some fluids; engine oil, angle gear and differential fluid. Here's what the angle gear and diff fluid looked like. I wonder how long its been since its last flush, if ever!Attachment 54735
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

+1 to Super Low Maintenance

Ah the subie...not gonna lie when mine goes up in flames I'm getting a subaru myself. Preferably close to the 1st timing belt interval so I can save $2,000 off the listing price. My wife's has been the most relatively trouble free car I've ever owned.
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

Great Work to everyone , You guys are Getting Better , Better to All and Mike Love then New Video's ~ Dam - Man we should get You some Commercial Endorsements !

Now where did I place that Contract ~

Remove OTE pipe

Was ~24MPG consistently daily doing 60-80mph for 120mi. Seems to have gone up a bit since then, but no hard numbers yet. I refill everyday M-F so I can provide more details tomorrow after first fillup.
      Measured today. 55.3mi to work @ 80-85mph (not consistent, 2 slows to 60mph because of left lane sitters). Filled up - 1.684gal = 32.8MPG. All monitors were tested and passing on Monday and no stored or pending O2 codes Monday as well. I only lose about 1000ft of elevation on my drive as well. Nice not costing me 1/3 tank a day commuting to/from work.

Drive home today was another ~60 miles and took 2.5 gal. Puts average mileage at 27MPG. However, ride home was about 15 minutes longer, climb 1000ft of elevation and had many many more full throttle moments than ride in, which kills MPG.

I would average be about 29-30mpg if I keep my foot out of it, and 32-34mpg if I drive 65 everywhere. Still, consuming 4.1 gal per trip vs 5 is a huge difference, that's ~$90/mo around these parts I save @3.50/gal
      Last edited by avenger09123; 12-03-2019 at 10:51 PM.

After about haf a year of being worked on for this upgrade to K16, I finally got to drive my car to work!

Volvo S40 T5 K16 by Dom Hartland, on Flickr
      -------------------------------------------------
      2009 Volvo S40 - With a few mods

Hopefully now my car can sit more than 2 days now without the battery dying.
      Last edited by ThomasR; 12-04-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Measured today. 55.3mi to work @ 80-85mph (not consistent, 2 slows to 60mph because of left lane sitters). Filled up - 1.684gal = 32.8MPG. All monitors were tested and passing on Monday and no stored or pending O2 codes Monday as well. I only lose about 1000ft of elevation on my drive as well. Nice not costing me 1/3 tank a day commuting to/from work.

Drive home today was another ~60 miles and took 2.5 gal. Puts average mileage at 27MPG. However, ride home was about 15 minutes longer, climb 1000ft of elevation and had many many more full throttle moments than ride in, which kills MPG.

I would average be about 29-30mpg if I keep my foot out of it, and 32-34mpg if I drive 65 everywhere. Still, consuming 4.1 gal per trip vs 5 is a huge difference, that's ~$90/mo around these parts I save @3.50/gal
      I get about the same - 150-170 miles after a full tank with the meter on the middle (half tank), 285-295 before the yellow warning light comes on. But then mine is a 2.4 normally-aspirated Geartronic. New plugs, new engine air and pollen filters did not make a difference. Gas guzzler!

30. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 350 of 350 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 346 347 348 349 350