What did you do to your car today? - Page 351
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 351 of 351 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 347 348 349 350 351
    Results 12,251 to 12,280 of 12280
      These are too small to bother with porting, or billet wheels, or really anything. You aren't going to get anything worthwhile out of upgrading a K04. The K04 on our T5's is considered best version of them all, and way pretty much the last K04 for production cars. Even VW has moved on past these now for new cars.
      Just a rebuild to refresh an old turbo. No idea on the specs of the coating except 2000*F + rated. Was $100 for the manifold in and out and $100 for the downpipe outside only.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not Bad ! ( Looks Way Better )

Porting always Helps , more If it's Tuned ! ( Every Bit Helps on these K04's ) the UK Version K04 -37 High Out put - Believe they tune with 412cc Injectors is getting 300 Plus HP - (( Basically Porting & Wheel ))

Blade Cut Back , takes a little away on Low End , but gives Back Lot more on Upper End ~ do to the Fact all Exhaust is Running through such small Hole ..with Slots , so I also Improve
      The Flapper Valve Area and By Pass Port .. or Waste Gate - Exit - on the Turbo's DP Side _ Casting is Super Rough . .

Your Coating may smooth that out some . . Thou . .
      Last edited by EngTech; 12-23-2019 at 04:59 PM.
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

Speaking of Little ~ Small Improvements to Gain ~ Total Increases :

Compressor Tweaks.jpg

1. Thinner Blades - of Course Will Cut through Air Cleaner at Mach 1
      2. High Blade - will Gain more Eff% from the Compressor Wheel
      3. Billet Blade or Long Billet Blade - will Increase Amount of Boost Available
      4. Slim Nose ~ Allows for Earlier Creation of Vortex ~
      5. Tapered Tip ~ Allows Cleaner Pass - through the Air - at Mach 1 Decreasing Spool Up Time .
      6. Slim Nose & Hub - Allow Super Sonic Air Flow to Happen Earlier and Faster ~
      7. Slim Hub and Slim Back - Reduce Weight - Interestingly Curved Back Adds small amount of Vortex Directional Changing Eff% as it has to Change Direction ~ to ~ Pass Quickly Out the Volute

Just some Very Small Items ~ Adding Up to HP
      Last edited by EngTech; 12-23-2019 at 05:38 PM.
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

WRX Parting Out one those WRX's Subbie's on Ebay think it was in Salvage or under Parts - Time to get the Parts for Porting ~

Purchased my 06 S40 T5 AWD today!

Cleaned the interior some and ran it through a touchless wash. Going to finish cleaning tomorrow, already have a few things on order for it.
      06 S40 T5 AWD : DO88 intercooler : 3" EST downpipe : Eibach springs (1" drop) : Magnaflow cat-back exhaust : Hilton stage 2.5 tune

My car started after sitting for 5 days which is the longest it's sat since I disconnected the Sirius XM receiver and put on the optic bypass. I'm way too proud of that. The parasitic drain had been annoying me for years and I can finally put the car away for a snowstorm and won't have to deal with a dead car on the other side. For some reason I never considered just pulling the battery while it was sitting.

I finally got around to re-bleeding my brakes and adjusting my handbrake after my rear brakejob a couple weeks ago. The adjustment my 09 was under the cupholder. My car doesn't have a leather boot around the handle. Seems like a smart design.

As for the brakes themselves, I know they're working and maybe I never realized it before but there is a massive difference in resistance on the pedal whether the car is off, in park, or in drive. Like I said, maybe this just is something I never noticed before.

If you have a good battery it shouldn't drain even after sitting for months. I used to park my car outside for 2-3 months and it would start up with no issues, yes even with the security blinking light. Battery is genuine Volvo.

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
      If you have a good battery it shouldn't drain even after sitting for months. I used to park my car outside for 2-3 months and it would start up with no issues, yes even with the security blinking light. Battery is genuine Volvo.
      Doesn't matter with the Sirius Radio problem. I had a brand new battery that would drain flat in 3 days before getting Volvo to fix the issue.

The problem is that the Sirius module would turn itself on and continuously search for a signal at all times. If you paid for the subscription, it wouldn't have an issue. But like many, I never used satellite radio after the trail subscription ended.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      Doesn't matter with the Sirius Radio problem. I had a brand new battery that would drain flat in 3 days before getting Volvo to fix the issue.

The problem is that the Sirius module would turn itself on and continuously search for a signal at all times. If you paid for the subscription, it wouldn't have an issue. But like many, I never used satellite radio after the trail subscription ended.
      I don't have a subscription with Sirius. So if one has a paid service there wouldn't be a problem with battery drain? I once switched to satellite radio mode and got a string of digits and it just kept searching infinitely, of course I switched it back to regular radio and CD. I'm not aware of that at all since I've yet to encounter the problem. My previous battery lasted over 6 years and have spent many months parked outside.

I don't have a subscription with Sirius. So if one has a paid service there wouldn't be a problem with battery drain? I once switched to satellite radio mode and got a string of digits and it just kept searching infinitely, of course I switched it back to regular radio and CD. I'm not aware of that at all since I've yet to encounter the problem. My previous battery lasted over years and have spent many months parked outside.
      Most people who have the service haven't experienced the battery drain problem, and I never did either while I was subscribed. My problem started after the subscription ended.
      It's possible your car already had the software update that corrected for this. I know it was a big issue that plagued the '08s across Volvo's lineup. Not sure when they finally address the problem.

I've had my 2009 since late 2014. Probably didn't put it together that my battery couldn't last 48 hours until 2016. It was the original battery and I had it and the alternator tested and were fine. After another dead battery I got a new Volvo battery after one of the parts stores wanted to sell me a battery that wouldn't fit in the battery box. The new battery still couldn't last 3 days.

There is nothing more infuriating then telling people you're having dead battery issues and them screaming "BAD BATTERY, BAD ALTERNATOR" at when you've already ruled those out. Not accusing you 80sGuy but saying in general. That was my Thanksgiving conversation with my brother this year and that night I finally found out SiriusXM was a potential culprit.

But my advice remains to everybody, just pull the power cable and put on a $10 female MOST bypass on the fibre optic line.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
      I've had my 2009 since late 2014. Probably didn't put it together that my battery couldn't last 48 hours until 2016. It was the original battery and I had it and the alternator tested and were fine. After another dead battery I got a new Volvo battery after one of the parts stores wanted to sell me a battery that wouldn't fit in the battery box. The new battery still couldn't last 3 days.

There is nothing more infuriating then telling people you're having dead battery issues and them screaming "BAD BATTERY, BAD ALTERNATOR" at when you've already ruled those out. Not accusing you 80sGuy but saying in general. That was my Thanksgiving conversation with my brother this year and that night I finally found out SiriusXM was a potential culprit.

But my advice remains to everybody, just pull the power cable and put on a $10 female MOST bypass on the fibre optic line.
      Well then it seems like Sirius has a 'sirius' problem with only Volvo if that's the case. Imagine all other makes out there with expired subscriptions and plagued with dead batteries. Hope you find a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
      For what it's worth to others, you need a bypass. Simply unplugging the power to the Sirius unit will not solve the problem.

Well then it seems like Sirius has a 'sirius' problem with only Volvo if that's the case. Imagine all other makes out there with expired subscriptions and plagued with dead batteries.
      One of the guys in my old office had a Hyundai, and he told me that was determined to be the cause of his parasitic drain in the mid-2010s. A quick online search shows there was also some similar speculation in the Corvette, Tacoma and Ford Explorer forums.

There’s a law firm out there trying to drum up business specifically from Volvo owners though, claiming it’s due to Volvo’s “Remote Digital Audio Receiver” that is constantly scanning for a satellite signal in the background, regardless of whether you use the subscription. Dunno how likely that is to be the cause, but I think I may try the bypass solution suggested above in my XC90.

BD
      Current Fleet:
      1998 S70 Base (New project), 2006 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 2008 C70 Premium Plus M66, 2011 XC90 V8, 2013 C70 Platinum P*

RIP:
      1994 854T FWD, 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD, 2005 S60 2.5T FWD

Volvo P/N: 8688083

But it's just a Tyco 1-1394916-2 plug, a wire, and a pouch sold by Volvo if you want to get it for half price.

The 2 on the end is very important as that's what differentiates it as the female plug, not the male one.

It doesn't take long after you let Sirius-XM lapse until it gets in touch with a new "introductory offer". Now on my 3rd subscription in 2 years' ownership, with no ionic drainage - parasitic or otherwise - between trips to Channels 74 and 67.

Sure would be nice if there were a simple upgrade to integrate hands-free cell into this system.

Installed an Elevate upper inlet along with iPd filter this week. Still haven't given it the 3rd gear WOT test, though. Learned that you can't swap in a FWD turbo-to-IC hard pipe to your AWD without changing at least one hose, too. Subjective observation around town is that the engine is breathing more freely now.

686Sport
      2008 V50 T5 awd / 2013 GC Overland / 2009 R1200RT / 2000 Tacoma TRD

Elevate upper inlet manifold and iPd air filter really helped! My "pull" started at 3200 rpm in 4th. Boost instantly went to 18 and had only dropped to 16 at 4800 rpm, when I had to back off for approaching traffic. Big improvement.
      2008 V50 T5 awd / 2013 GC Overland / 2009 R1200RT / 2000 Tacoma TRD

New heater core, heater hose connectors, coolant reservoir and thermostat housing.

M1 Abrams shift knob

07 cup holder upgrade. The different color doesn't bother me at all.

2005 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66 (2017 - ) || 1987 Toyota MR2 (2016 - ) || 2002 Lexus IS300 (2016 - ) || 2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD M66 (2016 - 2019) || 2008 Volvo V50 T5 (2015 - 2016) || 2001 Acura Integra GSR (2010 - 2010) Stolen lol

Clean Look ~ Another Save +5
      Hows Your Turbo - V50toS40 , If You get on Site . .

I want that shift knob.... Link?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
      06 S40 T5 AWD : DO88 intercooler : 3" EST downpipe : Eibach springs (1" drop) : Magnaflow cat-back exhaust : Hilton stage 2.5 tune

Off topic, where is this tread hiding. I can find on the app but can’t track down this one on the computer. Same thing for the picture of the day. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2006 S40 T5 AWD : Eibach Pro Kit, Elevate Air Intake, Elevate Turbo Intake Pipe, Elevate Downpipe, Elevate Tune, Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Elevate 19" M10 rims, Custom Painted Lips and molding, Custom ghost front grill,
      1969 142: Stock & Collecting Dust

Quote Originally Posted by joelkennethsmith View Post
      Off topic, where is this tread hiding. I can find on the app but can’t track down this one on the computer. Same thing for the picture of the day. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      FWD and AWD / S40 and V50 / thread

What did you do to your car today?

Front end face lift, euro yellow headlight film on the headlights and fogs ($25), new random euro plate ($20) and the dubstop badge-less grill ($120)
      Last edited by joelkennethsmith; 01-09-2020 at 07:27 PM.
      2006 S40 T5 AWD : Eibach Pro Kit, Elevate Air Intake, Elevate Turbo Intake Pipe, Elevate Downpipe, Elevate Tune, Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Elevate 19" M10 rims, Custom Painted Lips and molding, Custom ghost front grill,
      1969 142: Stock & Collecting Dust

Quote Originally Posted by EngTech View Post
      Clean Look ~ Another Save +5
      Hows Your Turbo - V50toS40 , If You get on Site . .
      Turbo is great! I was having issues a while back with my Forge wastegate and had to go back to stock. But overall it's pulling hard.
      Quote Originally Posted by silent-circuit View Post
      I want that shift knob.... Link?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
      It's the TWM M1 Abrams.

You'll have to tap the shift stalk to M8. be careful, TWM will provide you with a rinky dink tapping nut that didn't really work for me so I had to use a real tapping kit.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
      2005 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66 (2017 - ) || 1987 Toyota MR2 (2016 - ) || 2002 Lexus IS300 (2016 - ) || 2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD M66 (2016 - 2019) || 2008 Volvo V50 T5 (2015 - 2016) || 2001 Acura Integra GSR (2010 - 2010) Stolen lol

By popular demand, I have compiled my suggested list of top ten things to upgrade first on these cars.

By popular demand, I have compiled my suggested list of top ten things to upgrade first on these cars.

Love the suggestions but the noise levels would all increase
      The only real noise i want to hear is the sound of the engine...in saying that you never mentioned preferred brand parts for these modifications?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fsp15923 View Post
      Love the suggestions but the noise levels would all increase
      The only real noise i want to hear is the sound of the engine...in saying that you never mentioned preferred brand parts for these modifications?
      Noise levels will increase with just about any performance parts. Volvo spent a lot of money engineering the best flowing parts they could, while minimizing noise (which is still pretty restrictive). So it's best to keep things stock if you don't want to hear anything extra.

The video series regarding "My C30" is where I'm explaining all the options I have run for each part, my preferences, and what parts I would use if I could do it again.

If you have questions about parts I haven't covered yet, ask away! The point was to keep this video short, as it'd be over 30 minutes if I discussed the pros and cons of different brand parts and what my preference is.

Noise levels will increase with just about any performance parts. Volvo spent a lot of money engineering the best flowing parts they could, while minimizing noise (which is still pretty restrictive). So it's best to keep things stock if you don't want to hear anything extra.

The video series regarding "My C30" is where I'm explaining all the options I have run for each part, my preferences, and what parts I would use if I could do it again.

If you have questions about parts I haven't covered yet, ask away! The point was to keep this video short, as it'd be over 30 minutes if I discussed the pros and cons of different brand parts and what my preference is.
      Thanks bro...i have a S40 T5 and i am interested in some mods...rear sway bar, intake and intercooler...moving onto.other areas such as brakes, tune etc. Pity you on the other side of the world though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fsp15923 View Post
      Thanks bro...i have a S40 T5 and i am interested in some mods...rear sway bar, intake and intercooler...moving onto.other areas such as brakes, tune etc. Pity you on the other side of the world though.
      I'll send you a PM, because typing my experience and opinions could be considering a violating post coming from a moderator...

33. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 351 of 351 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 347 348 349 350 351