What did you do to your car today? - Page 147
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 147 of 350 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 157 197 247 ... LastLast
    Results 5,111 to 5,145 of 12249
      I think it runs better now that it's clean!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i hope so! lol
      2008 Passion Red C30 6 Speed M/T
      V1 with Preferred, Climate Package and Dynaudio.
      Added: R Design Spoiler+Steering Wheel+Knob, K&N Air Filter Replacement, EuroSport Tuning Strut Bar, Borla CBE, Vibratechnics Rear Engine Mount, Forge Recirculation Valve, IPD Skidplate, KW V3

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBoy View Post
      its normal for rear fogs to be on only one side.

my old mb did that and the audis are also like that

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
      Phew! There's still hope that I'm not a total moron.
      2011 S40 R - Design, Polestar Tune

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RPole View Post
      Phew! There's still hope that I'm not a total moron.
      Yep, front fogs are for you to see the road.
      Rear fogs are for others to see you. Having just one help cars behind you identify fog condition and prevent the fog light to over power the brakes.
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC | intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |IPD front end-links |Focus tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by AustinNYC View Post
      Man, I'm not Flamenco! Or is that short for Flaming Orange? haha.

I've got to check this site more often, never know whos talking about you.
      Flaming Orange Metallic, yeah. I've heard it referred to as Flamco Orange, I don't know my new Volvo colors though, just the S40 colors. I guess I'm speaking outside of my expertise

Being a member of the Volvo community, I often wonder what other forums I may be referred to on.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      Flaming Orange Metallic, yeah. I've heard it referred to as Flamco Orange, I don't know my new Volvo colors though, just the S40 colors. I guess I'm speaking outside of my expertise

Being a member of the Volvo community, I often wonder what other forums I may be referred to on.
      there's Orange Flame Metallic and Flamenco Red Metallic.
      Added: R Design Spoiler+Steering Wheel+Knob, K&N Air Filter Replacement, EuroSport Tuning Strut Bar, Borla CBE, Vibratechnics Rear Engine Mount, Forge Recirculation Valve, IPD Skidplate, KW V3

Did some plasti dip a few weeks ago and its holding up nicely. I like how it looks, any thoughts?
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      OLD: 05 S40 T5 AWD AW55 Black 130,000 miles Blown head gasket and TQ converter, "Elevate Intake", Magnaflow muffler, 100 cpi race cat, ipd coils, 18in pegs, VIVA CBV, Thule rack, swedespeed sticker, LED running/license plate lights and halo rings up front, front strut tower brace, MS3 rear sway bar, DRT Sport rotors and pads, Eibach lowering springs, Snabb TCV, Phuzzy Intercooler. NOW:2014 Ford Focus ST3 in Tangerine Scream

Quote Originally Posted by mkd28 View Post
      Did some plasti dip a few weeks ago and its holding up nicely. I like how it looks, any thoughts?
      [IMG][/IMG]
      Too many "Volvo". I would remove one of the two...
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC | intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |IPD front end-links |Focus tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
      Too many "Volvo". I would remove one of the two...
      Lol, ya ive gotten mixed reviews on that. I personally like it. I may just put a moose over the square since I like the slash but cant get the OEM badge off and I dont want a new grille.

and VST on the intercooler was there. Im not a fan of it at all but I couldnt figure out how to take it off and I figured a new FMIC would fix that haha
      Last edited by mkd28; 06-25-2012 at 08:40 PM.
      OLD: 05 S40 T5 AWD AW55 Black 130,000 miles Blown head gasket and TQ converter, "Elevate Intake", Magnaflow muffler, 100 cpi race cat, ipd coils, 18in pegs, VIVA CBV, Thule rack, swedespeed sticker, LED running/license plate lights and halo rings up front, front strut tower brace, MS3 rear sway bar, DRT Sport rotors and pads, Eibach lowering springs, Snabb TCV, Phuzzy Intercooler. NOW:2014 Ford Focus ST3 in Tangerine Scream

It has been a busy weekend...
      * Added a bike rack for the trailer hitch
      * Added an external cargo carrier and tilt-hitch for the trailer hitch
      * LED license plate lights
      * Mountek GPS mount
      2012 S60 T5 Vibrant Copper/Beechwood, Premium, heated seats, front/rear park assist. Via OSD (April 2012). All-Weather Mats and Mud Guards added at delivery, LED License plate lights once at home.

3,000 miles in 6 countries over 21 days during OSD.

Quote Originally Posted by JN2k108 View Post
      there's Orange Flame Metallic and Flamenco Red Metallic.
      Ah, that was it. Too many confusing color names

Black Sagittas look nice. I know my friend Jeff is doing the same to my old wheels.

Personally, I don't like the slash black. I had black di-noc on mine for a while, but hated the "kid just painted his grille black" looks that I'd get; only close up could you see that it was carbon-fiber-like. That's why my slash is anthracite now. Be proud to drive a Volvo, don't mask it. Though, the V O L V O on your grille doesn't mask the make at all

As for the V O L V O, I like it, but I agree with TG that it's a bit much.

I like the fog grille, but at least cut out the next bar up, it looks incomplete.

For cheap mods, maybe smoke out the orange running lights? It'll further complete the murdered out look.

Did you paint your headlamp washer caps? They seem flatter than the gloss of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by dhorvath View Post
      * Added a bike rack for the trailer hitch
      A 1" hitch? How much did that cost you? I'm trying to decide between trailer hitch or roof rack for my bike. Roof rack looks cool, but costly. The universal trunk rack I have now just doesn't cut it.

Wash, clay bar, polish and a wax. After using Mothers for over 10 years I switched to Meguiars nxt tech wax 2.0...amazing product!! If you have not tried this wax do yourself a favor and get some, really! Pics tomorrow....
      2017 V60 T5 CC BLIS, Convenience package
      2007 S40 T5 AWD Elevate: FMIC, ETM, RASB, exhaust, AutoTech K16 tune, Elevate full intake, silicone hose kit, HID's, LED DRL's, Elevate/Wilwood BBK, ATE rotors, Akebono rear pads, Di-Noc grill, front sport lip, ProSport boost gauge, Wideband A/F gauge, IPD black replica Pegs, Heico kit/ Elevate springs, SPC rear camber arms, Sport steering wheel, IPD HD coils, K16- SOLD
      2005 V50 T5 AWD Ate Rotors, Akebono pads

I've been using Meguiars for a long time now. I really like their products. That's how I get my car looking great (like those pics on my sig) after 7 years of ownership.

Get your hands on some Ultimate quick detailer. It's a great product to make your hard waxing job last a few more days
      http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...detailertrade/
      Last edited by TG; 06-25-2012 at 10:48 PM.

[IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      Take off your license plate or move it sideways there is to much action in the middle. I love the VOLVO on the front grille as I have it on there myself =). How many coats did you throw on the wheels?
      BLACK 13' HYUNDAI GENESIS 2.0T - CURRENT 05' S40T5A BLACK BLISTEN/ EIBACH/ OBX/ ELEVATE/ K&N/ EST/ BSR SOLD- 98' S70T5A STOCK BLUE "A luxury car should drive itself"

Hate front plates... But it's not worth getting the $216 fine for around here they stick out too much on a black car.
      Current: 11 ISF | P2 V70R
      Past: 14 C300 AMG Sport+ | E46M | S40 T5 | NA1 NSX | Acura TL | LS-T DC4

Quote Originally Posted by -ForceFed- View Post
      Hate front plates... But it's not worth getting the $216 fine for around here they stick out too much on a black car.
      +1 got pulled over so had to put it back on. and its so scratched behind it I cant move it to the side

[QUOTE=MyNameIdeasWereTaken;1933540]Ah, that was it. Too many confusing color names

Black Sagittas look nice. I know my friend Jeff is doing the same to my old wheels.

Personally, I don't like the slash black. I had black di-noc on mine for a while, but hated the "kid just painted his grille black" looks that I'd get; only close up could you see that it was carbon-fiber-like. That's why my slash is anthracite now. Be proud to drive a Volvo, don't mask it. Though, the V O L V O on your grille doesn't mask the make at all

As for the V O L V O, I like it, but I agree with TG that it's a bit much.

I like the fog grille, but at least cut out the next bar up, it looks incomplete.

For cheap mods, maybe smoke out the orange running lights? It'll further complete the murdered out look.

Did you paint your headlamp washer caps? They seem flatter than the gloss of the car.

The washer caps are just faded, prob from washer fluid. The foglight grilles came like that when I got it. Im ordering new ones eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by d3box1 View Post
      Take off your license plate or move it sideways there is to much action in the middle. I love the VOLVO on the front grille as I have it on there myself =). How many coats did you throw on the wheels?
      I did 4/5 coats. As in a solid 4 but then then I ran out of paint on the 5th coat haha.

Installed a 12" sub! Pics tomorrow
      Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you take that wall with you

I've been using Meguiars for a long time now. I really like their products. That's how I get my car looking great (like those pics on my sig) after 7 years of ownership.

Get your hands on some Ultimate quick detailer. It's a great product to make your hard waxing job last a few more days
      http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...detailertrade/
      I picked some up when I got the wax and yes it brings the shine right back!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
      2007 S40 T5 AWD Elevate: FMIC, ETM, RASB, exhaust, AutoTech K16 tune, Elevate full intake, silicone hose kit, HID's, LED DRL's, Elevate/Wilwood BBK, ATE rotors, Akebono rear pads, Di-Noc grill, front sport lip, ProSport boost gauge, Wideband A/F gauge, IPD black replica Pegs, Heico kit/ Elevate springs, SPC rear camber arms, Sport steering wheel, IPD HD coils, K16- SOLD

Installed and programmed my home link visor.

Quote Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
      Nice!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.
      I know, i am excite! No more garage opener fob taking up space in my cup holder.

I don't understand . . . what's so special about this brand new warning label? . . .

I don't understand . . . what's so special about this brand new warning label? . . .
      Well, it's like this, the black ink on the previous label clashed with the gray headliner....

I didn't change the passenger side, so there are two different kinds of airbag warning labels on the visors.

I didn't change the passenger side, so there are two different kinds of airbag warning labels on the visors.
      You should get a Euro spec visor and give your passengers the option to open and close your garage door too!

I know, i am excite! No more garage opener fob taking up space in my cup holder.
      im glad my car came with it when i bought it. lol

im glad my car came with it when i bought it. lol
      You got the convenience package? I basically got everything from that package for my year (2004.5), except the trip computer.

Changed my xenon bulbs today... After 5 years of life (4 under my "regime" ) the passenger side decided to flicker. As you change both at once, I bought a set of Philips D2S 85122+ to replace the original Philips D2S 85122

Before:

After:

Considering, that they are both supposed to have the same kelvin degree... But oddly the newer ones look more blue than the old ones...

And all that (2 bulbs) for €52,90... Volvo would have charged (online) about €100/side...
      If you read this, then you haven't understood, that my posting is above this text!

Quote Originally Posted by nkreig View Post
      Hot dynamic lip! Do you have a good source for it in terms of price? Looks like you did Aldebaran's texture method to match the other plastic?

I put on my new rims:

These are Schmidt Phantom Black 8,5 x 20 wrapped in Pirelli Pzero Nero 245 /30 R20.

The car is lowered 40 mm with H&R Springs.
      S80 2,5T 2007 FWD
      S40 T5 2004 FWD - Sold.

Well, long story short... Went to change spark plugs, broke right hand bracket off of OEM turbo intake pipe. Thought it would be a perfect opportunity to throw the Evolve/Elevate part in Then fought Don for a month Finally got the fricken thing in the mail Then realized that it was painted silver, rather than anodized Stripped off the paint (which was still wet) and hit it with a can of black primer After a little driving, I noticed that it was getting really hot, acting basically as a reverse-intercooler Thunked a little, and the parts for my solution came in the mail today:

Used about 25' of 2" fiberglass exhaust wrap, with silicone adhesive and black high-temp wheel paint. Added the "VOLVO" for fun, but looking at it now, if I had left it black it would have looked OE. I think it looks better than both the sliver, and the primer black paint, but YMMV.

This keeps the IC IAT down about 15 degrees F over the black aluminum pipe after the engine is warmed up, back to where it was with the OE. Never installed it painted silver, so I'm not sure if it would have made a difference.

Didn't notice a difference in power, but there has been a substantial improvement in fuel economy. Since I installed it originally (about two tanks ago), average has gone up about 3mpg. Same driving style, if not harder (trying to find performance difference). Nothing else has changed... Unexpected.

I'm mostly happy. Except it's f'king impossible to install without scraping against the AC lines. And I'm pretty sure it hits it when the engine rocks back under acceleration. And it's unsupported, vibrating the airbox like hell. But I knew all that before I bought it, so I'm not particularly peeved.

'05 S40 T5 AWD M66 sport/winter/ew. Michelin PS A/S+. 6000k 50w HID low/HIR1 high/full LED conversions. RiCA SW. Evoelate intake. IPD rear sway, skidplate, TCV.
      Writeups
      Full P1 (S40/V50/C30/C70) & P2 (S60/V70+R) LED conversion | P1 HID conversion & details | FM Modulators & interference | stalk cleaning | CEM Teardown

Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      Hot dynamic lip! Do you have a good source for it in terms of price? Looks like you did Aldebaran's texture method to match the other plastic?
      I got the lip from Taska last year. I did use the same method as Aldebaran...Duplicolor truck bed liner.

Disassembled the Wilwood calipers and cleaned everything up, then, applied a new coat of grease to all the pistons and flushed the system with new fluid. 3 hrs later...smoothness!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 147 of 350 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 157 197 247 ... LastLast