SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 12K replies 512 participants last post by  bmdubya1198 
#1 ·
So, many of us seem to work on our cars a lot. What did you do to your car today?

Me, I shampooed my carpets, and cleaned all the leather, took my front seats out and cleaned and tightened everything back up, and took my front doors back apart to tighten up the speakers. I replaced the factory speakers with Alpines about 3 weeks ago. I blew them in 2 days and replaced them with Infinity reference speakers. What an improvement! But maybe too much treble in the front now. Next weekend or the one after, I plan to replace my antenna mast, the upper engine mount and seafoam the engine.

So what did you do today?

#52 ·
Re: (pelicanflyt)

1. I performed the rear hatch panel repair - no more rattles

2. cleaned the wheels - the brake dust really builds quick!
3. picked up a Snap-On oil filter wrench that will get off any stuck oil filter.

#53 ·
Re: (Chris@Swedespeed)

#3 = smart idea.

#54 ·
In the last week I've...

1. Replaced my CVVT Actuator Solenoid (No more CEL that we've had forever!).

2. Fixed tailgate by getting new clips and putting silicone around the whole thing. Very quiet now!

3. Today, I'm going to take car for a wash, come home and wax the crap out of it!

#55 ·
Hope you're going to wash it again after you drive home or you'll be waxing all the road dirt, fall out and other crap into your paint.
If you haven't had the chance to do it in a while/ever, it's always worth using a clay bar before waxing. You will be very happy with the result!

#56 ·
drove to allentown and back to sell some tires.

ahahah the brake squeel the brake squeal

jebus I hate driving that car now

#57 ·
Re: (Chilled Man)

hha i wouldnt mind brake squeel vs what i had to drive today. outa boredom i saw a 93 850 GLT haha and it only had 86k on it so i figured give it a look. couple dingers and what not but it didnt look to bad nothing i couldnt fix. took it for a spin... thought i was going to die when i had to brake. it was like a seizure throughout the whole car i was like wow. it was in okay condition but they wanted 3499 for it and i laughed when they offered an even trade for my S70 T5 haha

#58 ·
Re: (Big Will)

Car wash place is only a mile from home, so no chance to get too much dirt. I was too cheap to get the clay bar stuff this time, but I am still very impressed with Turtle Wax Ice. Stuff was super easy and quick to use, and car looks the best it's been in years!

Before the long drive back to school I'll give it a little more care!

#61 ·

werd

#63 ·
So far no .

its just bolt on bolt off stuff I am doing .

hardest part is remember where all the bolts goes espcially since allI do is drop them in a box lol

#64 ·

Cleaned the old MG wheels, painted the spokes (too bad I didn't have orange paint
) & dropped them off at the (closed) shop. They are going on the NA on Mon, when the "new" tranny is in. I wasn't so good to my NA for the first 1/2 of its 172k life & the "R" gear started acting up. A tranny w/ 60K kind of 'found me', so it's going in tomorrow. The current wheels are not bad, but we put some drilled rotors & added some 'color' to the calipers & you can see them better thru the MG's.

Have not given much attention to the T5M engine bay 'appearance', so I spent about 1 hr cleaning it up & prepping it for some cosmetic mods soon (IPd short RAM & a shiny RIP kit). The car is fast enough & I don't expect any performance gains, but I might show it next to the 244 at another VCOA event & never show a car w/ the hood closed.

#65 ·
Well today I went thru the automatic car wash, bad move. Apparently they were working on it and did not close it. Instead of soap, I got an oily substance like baby oil. So I took it to a car wash hut and had them give me a quick clean.

Then after my aC cut out again, I decided to check my ac clutch gap. Should be .4ish, mine was 1.112 at it's lowest and 12.5 at the highest. I did not feel like ripping it al apart today, so I shoved some bread clips in there and got it to .38 - .44. Not bad so long as they hold. When the driveway is not 110 I will fix it properly

#66 ·

werd

#68 ·
yeah now I am in the waiting for parts mode

#70 ·
Today I did...

Originally, I was supposed to change the spark plug wires, distributor cap + rotor and other wire(forget name). I saw what needed to be undone(I know, it's not much) I got lazy, so I gave her a nice wash.

This picture is a nice shot cause if I get too close, you see all the little imperfections.. but still decent for a 12 + year old production date car

Some aesthetic work will get done on the car some time soon, but I have a few mechanical things to fix up.

In the mean time, have a great summer.

#71 ·
this is where you need to get to

#72 ·

psst you have some holes in your front fenders haha. i cant talk cause you got more sh*t than i do soo but yea haha. I have some lovely black volvo plugs but im assuming like everyone else ( and finally me ) youll be putting in some sidemarker lights

#73 ·

Quote, originally posted by Chilled Man »
this is where you need to get to

No, THIS is:

#74 ·
Re: (KurT5)

Quote, originally posted by KurT5 »
psst you have some holes in your front fenders haha. i cant talk cause you got more sh*t than i do soo but yea haha. I have some lovely black volvo plugs but im assuming like everyone else ( and finally me ) youll be putting in some sidemarker lights

lol yeah not sure why he still hasnt put the fender lights in yet

#75 ·

new toys for the T5. my painfully slow engine build is coming to a ten week close finally. I will have ti done and broke in by the fourth. Here are the last pieces to go in.

For those not sure what you are looking at: new crome guage rings, dolby pro dash pad, new grille with updated Ironman logo, IPD RIP kit and intercooler. Too much fun and too much money.

#76 ·
hey I remeber that dash lol

need i say more ?