I guess I'll be posting in here more often...
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n LloydDobler\r\n \r\n
    \n\r\n \nLloydDobler is offline\r\n\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n LloydDobler\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n I guess I\'ll be posting in here more often...\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Hi everyone, I\'m Lloyd. You may know me from subforums such as "C70-1998-2005" or "V70-2001-2007". I have also posted in the 960 forum as that\'s the main car(s) I drove from \'99-\'09.

My very first car was a \'65 Amazon, purchased in 1987. I picked it out when I was about 14, and I considered myself lucky to have my dream car as my first car. There\'s just something about the way they look that just sets me off.

Anyway, I butchered that car. Over 6 years of ownership I frankensteined it like you wouldn\'t believe. I installed D-jetronic from a \'72 140, I installed a 4-speed OD from an 80s 240, I cut the springs to lower it, I drove it for about 15,000 miles with no oil in the rear axle - the gears howled BAD and the pinion was so worn out that I sliced my thumb open on the tip of a gear tooth, and last but not least I hacksawed the roof off to make it a hardtop convertible. In Oregon. As my daily driver. Needless to say, it died a terrible death. The entire thing rusted out, and it was so low that the wheels constantly hit the front fenders, and eventually ripped off every mounting bolt except the ones close to the firewall. It banged loud over every bump, and you could grab the grille and lift all the sheetmetal up off the car about 2 inches. In 1995 I took all the remaining decent parts off of it and sent it to the crusher. I did have some great times in it though:

I then bought a flawless \'67 that was a two-owner car and had been absolutely babied its entire life. No rust, no repaint, no rebuild, it had two patches very professionally done to the interior and that was it. Literally flawless outside of a few rock chips on the front. It was so nice that I couldn\'t bring myself to even cut a hole for a speaker. And I just about had a heart attack when a piece of plastic fell off a truck and punched a hole in one of the grilles. I decided that I was not the right owner for it, and sold it less than a year later. I have regretted it ever since.

So I spotted RoachCoach\'s for sale ad here last October and talked to him, and decided that it wasn\'t the right time, due to how hard it would have been for me to go look at the car. Then in November I got laid off, and spent 6 months unemployed. Then in June I got a new job, and he re-posted the car for sale two weeks later. Then, a friend happened to be road-tripping within an hour of his house, and was willing to stop and look at the car for me, and take high res photos. 204 pictures later and I decided it was meant to be.

I haven\'t even washed it yet!

The specs: 1966, was a one owner car from \'66 to \'04, with 160k on it, when it was sold to the 2nd owner in Virginia. That owner proceeded to put another 45k miles on it, and spent a boatload of money on refreshing a lot of the car. Unfortunately he hit a deer, and had to have the front end repainted. At that point he sold it to RoachCoach, who put very few miles on it before offloading it to me. But it\'s in great shape and is 100% documented. It\'s not perfect, but it\'s very nice, which is exactly what I was looking for.

My short term plans are to get it on the road as is, and do a full "stage 0". After that I\'ll lower it and put custom wheels on it, do a disc brake swap from an 1800, put in an aftermarket stereo, and enjoy it like that for quite a while. Then long term, like a few years from now, I want to put in a whiteblock turbo motor and make it scream. But we\'ll get to that later.

I took delivery 2 weeks ago. The first issue cropped up when it wouldn\'t pass emissions. Fortunately the car came with a ton of parts, among which was a full carb rebuild kit.

I started with the dash wiring though, as you can see in the above picture, things aren\'t quite where they need to be. The wiper assembly had died and there was a new one waiting to be put in.

Ta-daa! The dash metal is in spectacularly good shape, I\'m really glad nobody hacked a hole in it for a modern stereo. It had one mounted below the dash, which I may or may not reinstall.

Then I redid some of the engine bay wiring, I didn\'t like the way the alternator had been converted.

Before:

After:

Then I fixed the driver\'s window, the cable had come off the track. I believe the lower pulley was misaligned due to the axle loosening over the years. I pulled it out and re-swaged it with a hammer, and reassembled everything. No pictures though, that was really greasy. But it works great!

Next I started on the carbs. You could say they were worn out:

Elbow grease goes a long way:

Then I ordered a reamer to re-bush the carb bodies, and set about finishing the last problem with the interior. Besides the seam split you can see above, there is also this:

I stripped the cover, turned it inside out, and sewed it back up.

Then my reamer came in, and I re-bushed the carbs.

Ah, so pretty!

I tried to tune it and it ran like absolute garbage. My front carb was running lean no matter what I did. Turns out I got a little overzealous with the tightening of the jet tube:

So I fixed that and it finally fired up and runs really smooth! I spent an hour dialing it in really fine, thanks to the flow meter that was included with all the parts! I even was able to get the throttle linkage to keep the carbs synced after only 3 adjustments.

Anyway, that\'s 2 weeks worth of work summed up in one post. Gonna try to get it smogged tomorrow, and I\'ll update as I do more.

Modified by LloydDobler at 12:09 AM 8-1-2009

\nModified by LloydDobler at 12:12 AM 8-1-2009\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by LloydDobler; 07-09-2014 at 02:18 AM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
    \r\n2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, stock turbo and tune (for now).
    \r\n1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
    \r\n2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter\'s first car. No mods unless she does \'em herself.
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1295470] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n gdill2\r\n \r\n
    \n\r\n \ngdill2 is offline\r\n\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Re: I guess I\'ll be posting in here more often... (LloydDobler)\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n 1966 - my very favorite year for the USA Amazon - congrats!

If you are Lloyd who is Chris?...

https://forums.swedespeed.com/z...23441

George Dill

\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1295845] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n LloydDobler\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Re: I guess I\'ll be posting in here more often... (gdill2)\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Quote, originally posted by gdill2 »
    1966 - my very favorite year for the USA Amazon - congrats!

If you are Lloyd who is Chris?...

I am also Chris! Heh. I didn\'t know the real name thing was public. I try to stay relatively anonymous online, so I\'m Lloyd on the internets.

And yeah, I live in a Denver suburb smog control county, so the only cars exempt from testing are \'59 and older. And I failed again today, because I\'m an idiot. I set the mixture in a cool garage doing nothing but idling, and today it was hot, I drove it, and the car heatsoaked pretty good while waiting for the test. So I ran rich. First thing I did when I failed was lift the pistons and sure enough, speed increase! I turned them lean another two full flats to get it right. I\'m going to take it to a shop with an exhaust gas analyzer and set it to make sure I\'ll pass next time though.\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
    \r\n2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, stock turbo and tune (for now).
    \r\n2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter\'s first car. No mods unless she does \'em herself.
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Remove Advertisements\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n SwedeSpeed.com\r\n
    Advertisements\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1298641] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #4\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Passed emissions yesterday! Yay!

I spent the last two days trying to find a shop with an exhaust gas analyzer to set me up. One guy said he didn\'t know they made adjustable carburetors. I kind of went over that one.

I even called one Volvo shop that said yes, they have an exhaust analyzer, and no, they won\'t help me tune my car. Apparently everyone with an old beater Volvo expects them to do a miracle and get their car to pass emissions, so they\'ve simply stopped working on anything older than a 240 series. I was really disappointed, as this is neither a beater nor needing a miracle. And I\'ve been a good customer to them for the rare instances when I can\'t or don\'t want to do the work.

I finally realized I was going to have to go out of marque for help, and started looking at British car shops, since as you all know, the SU carbs are on a ton of british cars also. The first Jag shop I called, the conversation went like this:

"Hi I\'m wondering if you guys are familiar with SU carbs"
    -"I only have 40 years or so experience tuning those"
    "Have you ever worked on 60\'s Volvos?"
    -"Did a full rebuild of a P1800 last week for one of my best customers. He\'s a Jag guy but also has this Volvo."
    "I just rebuilt my SUs and I failed emissions so I want to make sure they\'re right. Do you have an exhaust gas analyzer?"
    -"Sure, but you really don\'t need it. To pass emissions with SU carbs, just lean it out till it starts to miss, then richen it enough to make it smooth again. Then after the test, richen it up again so you don\'t burn your valves, and bring it in to me and I\'ll set it right with the exhaust analyzer."
    "Ah, see I was doing the piston lift test and thought I had it mixed right..."
    -"Nah, the piston test is worthless. Just do what I said."

Dudeman knew his stuff. I would have just taken it to him this afternoon but he\'s semi retired and quits at 11:30 every day. So I set an appointment for this morning that I\'d use if I failed again. I didn\'t.

So I went ahead and paid for the 5 year registration on collector plates. I also found out that in Colorado it IS still the rule that on a car with collector plates, you only have to get it emission tested once for as long as you own the car. So unless they change the law, I\'m done! They just don\'t list that on the website for some reason.
    \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1299358] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #5\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Walrus3\r\n \r\n
    \n\r\n \nWalrus3 is offline\r\n\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Congratulations!!
    I\'ll have to remember that.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1295484] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #6\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Walrus3\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Nice work!
    Where do you live that they require smog testing for an over-40 car??
    Maybe you should move to Oklahoma! (probably lower taxes too!)\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1295498] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #7\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n gdill2\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Re: I guess I\'ll be posting in here more often... (Walrus3)\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Quote, originally posted by Walrus3 »
    Nice work!
    Where do you live that they require smog testing for an over-40 car??
    Maybe you should move to Oklahoma! (probably lower taxes too!)

http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/r....html

http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/r...s.pdf

From above...
    -' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-
    On or after October 1, 1989, no used vehicle which is required to be registered in the program area shall be registered, unless such vehicle has a Certification of Emissions Control, or of Emissions Exemption. The seller of a used vehicle is required to obtain a Certification of Emissions Control for the new owner at the time of sale. This paragraph (3) does not apply to the sale of a motor vehicle that is inoperable or otherwise cannot be tested in accordance with this regulation if the seller of the motor vehicle provides a written notice to the purchaser pursuant to Section 42-4-310(4), C.R.S. If a motor vehicle is being registered for the first time in the program area, the owner shall obtain the certification and submit it with the application for registration to the Department of Revenue or an authorized agent of the Department of Revenue.

For a 1981 or earlier motor vehicle, the vehicle has a valid certification of emission compliance and the dealer has had the vehicle inspected since acquiring it. Such a vehicle purchased from a licensed motor vehicle dealer may be registered in the program area without an inspection if, on the date of vehicle registration, at least nine months remain before the expiration of such certification.

-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-

George Dill\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1334126] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #8\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n mjamgb\r\n \r\n
    \n\r\n \nmjamgb is offline\r\n\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Junior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n mjamgb\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n A "speedi sleeve" will fix up the bad seal surface just dandy.
    My "free" 122s also had drums that "fell off" when I started on the refurb of the rear-end.

Unfortunately, I mis-assembled the first side I did but not before I had tightened down the nut enough to make them truely stuck on there. Pause a week for the puller to arrive by mail!

Other side has the shims to set axle end-play and those were corroded, too. Luckily, they cleaned up real good-like and when reassembled were still the appropriate thickness so rear-end stopped clunking!

Really fortunate was that the improper assembly of the rear axles appeared to be the very last thing done on the car before it was parked for the ensuing several years so it didn\'t have enough miles on them to damage anything.

Can\'t speak for the rust or the totally clapped out motor that "needs a head-job."

HAH!\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1343170] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #9\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Just a quick update to keep this out of the archives, not much to report. A friend tried to sandblast the drums for me, and his sandblaster died on him, but not before he waited two weeks to give it a try. No worries, beggars can\'t be choosers. So I took the drums in to a machine shop where they told me that they\'d been machined out numerous times and were too far out for them to re-machine them.

So basically my options were to buy new drums or reassemble what I have as-is and hope for the best. I opted for #2, with the justification that I\'ll just bump up the schedule for the disc brake conversion.

Anyway, I did just that and the good news is that a majority of my braking vibrations were definitely due to the drums being loose. I took a quick test drive with some 50-0 stops and they were very smooth, although not 100%. At least I can\'t visibly see the hood shake like I could before. Good enough to get me through the next 1000 miles or so. \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1346574] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #10\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Here\'s a little teaser for everyone.

\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by LloydDobler; 07-09-2014 at 02:32 AM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1348730] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #11\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Tonight I went back to my storage and actually took the wheels off and played with the ride height. While the pictures are terrible due to the warehouse lighting, and the fact that the car is tilted over to the driver\'s side, I think I got all I needed. Basically this is the stance I\'m going for. Low in the front, with a slight rake.

I\'m trying to decide now just howmuch energy to put in to actually getting the wheels on the car. I could re-drill the hubs and drums with the 108mm bolt pattern, so I can use same-pattern spacers to put the wheels right where they need to be, or I can just wait until I get the P1800 hubs and rear axle, and put the wheels and spacers on then. Which will be a while, because I\'m trying to figure out the cheapest way to ship the parts car here.

Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, what\'s the general consensus on the wheels? I think they fit the car really, really well.

\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by LloydDobler; 07-09-2014 at 02:32 AM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1348926] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #12\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n gdill2\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Re: (LloydDobler)\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Absolutely spectacular!

Save all the extra spacers, etc. as volvostud is looking at new wheels for his \'68 Amazon estate.

George Dill\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1349558] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #13\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n volvostud\r\n \r\n
    \n\r\n \nvolvostud is offline\r\n\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Junior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n volvostud\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Re: (gdill2)\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Very awesome set of wheels. Everyone on Turbobricks gives me hell when I talk about modern wheels on these old cars.

I also like these:

Don\'t forget about the Torque Thrust, or the American Racing Outlaw. both good wheels for the Amazon.

I think I might go with Outlaws, but it will get complicated as I am picking up an 1800 disc rear end from a guy in Houston.

\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1357874] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #14\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n pookybear\r\n \r\n
    \n\r\n \npookybear is offline\r\n\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Junior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Re: (volvostud)\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Much as I\'m drawn to the Torque Thrust wheels, I\'m toying with the style of the Salt Flat Specials (also from American Racing). Any comments?

-Gary

( See e-bay motors item #320442361130 )

\nModified by pookybear at 5:32 AM 10-30-2009\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1381071] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #15\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n She hasn\'t given it a name yet. I\'ve taken to calling it my little buddy, and I think that name\'s gonna stick, as dorky as it is.

Remove the fenders you say? Tonight I went back and finished removing the fenders. The headlight wires were surprisingly easy to remove, just stuck a tiny screwdriver in a slot next to the terminal and it popped right out. Almost like they made it to do that. So out came the headlight buckets.

They look pretty good overall, but are starting to rust due to poor care in the past. My co-worker has a sandblaster so I\'ll clean them all up and repaint with POR-15 so they last forever. And they need new screws all around.

The mud flaps are in great condition for their age. Still quite soft.

Looks like there\'s no paint under the washers. I\'ll remedy that when I reassemble.

Here\'s the rust that was under the front corner. Not terrible, should be easy to clean up.

This kind of bothers me, a little surface rust under the rear of the fender. Back by the windshield. But it doesn\'t look too bad either.

I expected worse down here, there were leaves packed behind the fender at the bottom.

The nice thing about taking it all apart like this is that I can pretty much confirm that there was no serious damage from the deer. It was all confined to the grille and maybe some of the fenders.

So here we are, I guess this isn\'t really rust repair as much as it is re-rust proofing the front.

Other side.

Someone on another forum told me I might have clearance problems with the bigger tires. I don\'t think so.

So anyway, I\'ll remove the goo that went in the fender joints, clean up the metal, hit it with POR 15, find some modern version of the joint putty they used, as it seems thicker than seam sealer.

What I can\'t decide is whether or not to leave the factory undercoat inside the fender and just touch it up, or remove it all and redo it. It\'s incredibly thick, and it\'s plenty tough and stuck on well. But it comes off if you pull on it.

I think maybe I\'ll leave well enough alone and just touch it up, and then whenever I decide to repaint the car fully, see if it makes sense to redo it all then. The really good news though is that the rest of the car is very, very rust free. Nothing underneath or in the trunk except a tiny spot in the spare tire well, some spots in the corners of the rear windows, and the bottom of the driver\'s door has some just beginning to show on the inside. I should be fine with the car until it\'s time to repaint it. I\'m thinking around a 5 year timeline, pretty much the last thing I do to the car to complete it.\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by LloydDobler; 07-09-2014 at 02:33 AM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1381149] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #16\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Walrus3\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Got a couple of beauties there!
    I\'ve run 195-75R15s and 205-75R15s on 122 wagons with no trouble.
    That is a mean sway bar you have in there!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1396568] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #17\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Thanks George. I\'m a pretty proud dad.

Alright, I got a christmas bonus so it\'s time to get back to work on this beast. Poor thing is just sitting, battery dead, cold, and alone. I still go say hi every day or two.

Anyway, I did a shopping list yesterday to see what all I need. Swedish treasures has complete hardware kits for the front end of this car, and very cheaply. I just can\'t decide if I want to go with new plated hardware or go and hand pick stainless hardware myself. Regardless, every single piece is available, all the sheet metal stamped nuts for the fenders (all mine are rusty), the weird headlight adjustment screws (one of mine is broken and the rest are rusty) all the little screws for the headlight assembly, all of it. And reasonably priced too, like 20 bucks a fender for a complete hardware kit including gasket for the edge by the door. Anyway, with a few other things like hood bumpers, turn signal boots and lenses, a new wing window frame rubber, and cylinder rebuild kits for the clutch and brakes (not sure if the brake master cylinder needs it but better safe than sorry) the total came out to just under $400. But I do have a "mandatory" list that is only $220. I\'ll wait till I get back from visiting family to choose what all to buy I think, just in case I have some extra expense like last year - Portland got a twice-in-a-century blizzard that forced me into a hotel for 4 days.

But that means getting back to work prepping the car for reassembly. I decided on one of my little visits to the car that the bent sheetmetal would just not do:

So I drained coolant, and pulled the radiator to get access. A top down shot:

I started on the passenger side, because it was just pooched out a little so the radiator mount was out of position, and the grommet holes through it were all folded. Before:

After: Paint is rough but the holes are flat again.

Then I set to work on the driver\'s side, and really after only about 10 minutes with a hammer and dolly it was like this:

I worked on both sides for another 20 minutes or so just to make sure everything was really close to where it ought to be. Then I wanted to check the alignment with the upper core support:

Everything looks hunky dory. Now it\'s time for sanding all this crappy broken paint and rust off of these things and picking up a can of rust converter.

The interesting thing about all this tonight is that I\'ve never had luck with a hammer and dolly, ever. I think in my old age I\'ve developed patience, in the past I would have wanted more results faster, and just hit the metal way too hard and made it worse. I couldn\'t actually see the metal moving when I hit it, but once I stopped and took my hands off it was a definite improvement. And then out of nowhere it was all straight again. And it didn\'t take really any time at all, a very satisfying evening.\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by LloydDobler; 07-09-2014 at 02:34 AM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1396838] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #18\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n nonhog\r\n \r\n
    \n\r\n \nnonhog is offline\r\n\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Junior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n nonhog\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Wow Thanks for the INSPIRATION ! \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1439138] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #19\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Just a quick update to keep this out of the archives. No new pictures, but I dropped $200 on front end hardware and rubber. New hood seal, turn signal boots, headlight screws, fender screws, all new speed nuts, etc.

Also, my dad started stripping my 1800 parts car and will be shipping me the suspension sometime this month so I can get started on the disc brake conversion.

Also did you all see the LeCarra steering wheel I\'m selling in the classifieds? It bolts right in to a 122 and looks/feels awesome.\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1461726] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #20\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Does this look like $200 to you guys?

Nice to see that the turn signal boots are actually OEM Volvo! I\'m very impressed with the quality of the rest of the rubber parts, they definitely don\'t look like they\'re made from decades-old worn out molds. I got everything from Swedish Treasures, so far the service and quality is good and I recommend them.

The only thing that bugs me about this order is that the fender hardware kits include the rubber hood bumpers, and so does the hood rubber kit. So I have extra bumpers that snap into the fenders, if any of the rest of you guys might be interested I\'ll sell \'em once I figure out how much extra they cost me.

I\'ve had another project interrupt this one so it\'ll be another month or so before I make any more progress. Just another anti-archive bump.\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1461978] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #21\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n gdill2\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n 122 new turn signal buckets install - such fun removing the factory undercoating!

George Dill\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1462056] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #22\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Walrus3\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I have no doubt that it cost $200. As to value, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Take good care of it!!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1480223] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #23\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n So a friend was dead-heading an empty trailer from my hometown to Minnesota last week, and he generously offered to fill it full of my parts sitting in my dad\'s shop and bring them to me for free! What a guy!

We\'ll start with the front and rear disc brake axles from a \'72 1800E. These will allow me to go to all disc brakes with dual circuits, a much stronger rear axle configuration, and the late model bolt pattern for my modern wheels. I believe the front is a direct bolt in, on the rear I just have to decide whether or not to adapt the body mounts to my car, or modify the trailing arms. I\'ll decide on that later once I measure everything and compare. I wish I\'d gotten a \'67 as that would have been a direct bolt-in both front and rear.

Next is the 4-speed + OD transmission from the same 1800E. This will bolt right in and be better matched to the disc brake rear end. I\'ll use this as long as I\'m running the original motor (another year at least), and it\'ll give me the excuse to drop the pan and reseal the rear main which appears to be leaking like a faucet.

Next is the 1800E body, which still has enough goodies on it that I felt it was worth bringing out and chopping up. I\'ll saw out the rear suspension mounts, the driveshaft center bearing mount (if it\'s anything special) and the transmission tunnel for the later short throw stick. It also has the later baffled fuel tank, the heater core and blower motor, and all the brake lines for the dual circuit system, which should all be useful on the 122.

After that is a 5-cyl motor from an 850, to be used for test fitting and motor mount development. It has the turbo on it and everything, although I can already tell I\'ll need a custom exhaust manifold. This one mounts the turbo way to the rear and low.

These are 960 oil pans, which once shortened will allow the 5 cylinder motor to be mounted longitudinally.

A box of springs, trailing arms, and a 960 bell housing for experimental use in making adapters and such for whatever future transmission I use.

And another box of parts which includes the late model dual circuit master cylinder and the 960 oil pickup tube and motor mounts, also needed for longitudinal mounting.

The red car you see there in the pictures is just a beater for a friend that I\'m fixing up, it had busted windows and a few dents but is otherwise in great shape, so it\'s been hogging up my time and space.

The goal now is to finish the red car, get rid of it, finish the rustproofing on the \'66, and get it reassembled, then strip the 1800 body of remaining good parts and get rid of that, then clean and catalog what remains.

After that I might just drive and enjoy the \'66 some, as I\'ve only put something like 150 miles on it since I bought it, then start full steam ahead on the disc and transmission swap. I have a lot of cleaning and measuring ahead of me.\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1480346] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #24\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n gdill2\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Thanks for all the documentation and pics - yet another marvelous Amazon how-to on the www!

George Dill\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1480404] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #25\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Phil Singher\r\n \r\n
    \n\r\n \nPhil Singher is offline\r\n\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Moderator\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Phil Singher\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n The 1800E cross member will not bolt into a 122, but the brake rotors, calipers and backing plates will swap onto your existing spindles no problem.

Hybrid trailing arms are a good way to go for swapping the rear end.\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1527040] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #26\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Alright, another update. I started really cleaning up and sanding the front end this week, starting with the body. It should be ready for POR soon.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThis is a bit of a problem. I\'m not looking at the sanded joint here, but the brake fluid that\'s worked its way into the body joint and is running down the fender well. My clutch cylinder reservoir is completely empty, and this is where the fluid went. I was already planning a slave cylinder rebuild but now it looks like the culprit is up top. This also means more paint work on the firewall, and I have to be super careful to not let this joint corrode from the inside out. The clutch fluid is most certainly removing any metal protection from it.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nNow I really get inside the fenders to see what\'s going on. I\'ve scraped all the loose undercoating and joint compound off, but I haven\'t sanded this yet.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nUgh, there\'s a rubber strip here to seal against the body right in front of the door. Well, apparently the rubber sealed any water that got forced in, inside the joint and held it there. This is the worse of the two. I\'m just hoping a wire wheel and some POR will hold it for a few years until I can hot tank and media blast the whole car.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThe underside of the actual fender joint isn\'t bad either, just surface rust. Although it looks like they put the body together as bare metal and then just sealed the joint from each side after assembly. Of course when the joint was compromised at the front, it rusted in there.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nNot exactly sure how to deal with this, rusting from inside the welded joint. But again if it can just hold off a few more years I can take care of it once and for all then.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nMy buddy here also sandblasted all the smaller parts for me. Here\'s the headlight buckets ready for POR.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThey\'re bent up from the accident and years of being overtightened and such. I straightened them out with a hammer and dolly in a bench vise.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThen I moved on towards stripping the P1800 cross member. I\'m just swapping the brake rotors for now, but I want all the rest of the pieces for a full front end rebuild later. I don\'t need any of these pieces though, the ball joints all have cracks in the rubber and the steering box has tons of play in it. And who needs a stock sway bar?
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThis is basically as far as I got tonight, with the exception of removing both calipers. I need a spring compressor to remove the A-arms.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nStock 4 pot calipers. These are actually for the dual circuit system which I\'ll put on later. I\'ll probably tear them down and do a full rebuild and powder coat them.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI\'m going on vacation next week so it\'ll be after the 4th before I do another update.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by LloydDobler; 07-09-2014 at 02:36 AM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1539145] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #27\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n So vacation was great, my kid made me proud by catching the biggest fish of the weekend. I\'m not even a fishing dude, I slept in while my buddies took her out on the lake and she showed \'em up. 8 years old and her first fish was an 18 inch trout. Ignore the scissors, they were just using them for a handle on the line. Next she discovered that she likes eating it. Ah, youth.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nSo since my return, I decided that the leaking clutch master has got to go. So I took it off, tore it all down, and cleaned it up in the solvent tank. Here\'s what I started with after initial cleaning:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nA closer look at the end:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nLooking down the reservoir, this had a thick black gunk in it. It appeared to be something dissolved into the fluid, might have just been aluminum corrosive remnants or something. Anyway, I cleaned it all out.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nSo here\'s what the bore looked like when I took it apart.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThen I honed it out with some scotch brite in a drill press. It\'s hard to see but the bore was super smooth afterwards, and measured exactly the same diameter. Still more pitted than I\'d like, but good enough for now I think. We\'ll see how long it lasts.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThen the magic of sandblasting was performed on it:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nAnd I thoroughly cleaned all the rest of the guts.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nHere\'s the bad news, now I have to figure out how to clean this up and hit it with paint. I\'m thinking I have to move the whole wire harness out of the way:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nSo I decided to paint the master cylinder after sandblast, black to match the brake cylinder (also black paint was available and free). This is also the rebuild kit, 4 rubber pieces and a small wave washer. I already assembled the smallest rubber piece and wave washer onto the plunger, so here\'s the picture.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nPlunger and piston fully assembled:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nGreased thoroughly, snap ring installed:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nAnd complete:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nSince I also ordered the slave cylinder rebuild kit, and the fluid was all already drained out of the clutch system, I figured I may as well tear down the slave.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThe bore looks similar to the master, maybe a little worse:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nAnd after honing, again some pitting but for the most part really smooth:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nIt was at this point that I learned that I ordered the wrong slave cylinder rebuild kit, as there were two sizes possible and I thought I measured it correctly, but it turns out I didn\'t. So that\'s on order, and I\'m done with the clutch stuff for now. After that I didn\'t feel like digging in to body rust, so I just worked on tearing down the donor car front suspension. I got all but one lower control arm freed from the cross member.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI then laid the 1800 cross member onto my T5 motor just to begin figuring out the mounting. First thing I notice is that it looks like the suspension is just barely wide enough to handle this motor, we\'ll have to see how it flushes out with the alternator and serp belt routing. It\'ll definitely need a custom exhaust manifold to set the turbo up high.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nNext thing is that the lower control arms are definitely going to force the motor more rearward than I think I\'d like, but that pan can be notched if needed. It\'ll just mean that suspension work will be a bit of a pain, but I may want the motor set that far back anyway. It\'s already in the plan to cut clearance into the firewall, I\'m just not sure how much. I\'m still working on overall front/back placement. And again, the motor stuff is just for long term planning fun, I\'m still not doing it for another year or so.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThe sad part is that I just got new insurance cards for this car, meaning I\'ve owned it for a year and have only put 100 or so miles on it. I gotta get it back on the road. I definitely didn\'t plan for things to move this slowly.
    \n
    \nAnyway, that\'s about 2 weeks of sporadic car fun wrapped up in one update.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by LloydDobler; 07-09-2014 at 02:36 AM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1539246] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #28\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Walrus3\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n There are at least 3 different sizes of both clutch master and slave cylinders. Not sure all were furnished on Volvos but they are out there now. Be sure and look at or measure the bore before ordering parts! (Most have the size cast on the outside.) This MAY provide the opportunity for an overbore to next larger size, but I have not tried that yet.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1539278] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #29\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n gdill2\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Nice fish - cool kid!
    \r\n
    \r\nBrake/clutch cylinders - if you don\'t want to go new (recommended) skip the hone job and bore the cylinder to accept a pre-selected sleeve then bore the sleeve to original ID and use the correct rebuild kit assembled in the correct order.
    \r\n
    \r\nIf the cylinder has ANY visible imperfection it will eventually leak.
    \r\n
    \r\nGeorge Dill\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1539787] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #30\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Yeah, once I had the cylinder out I was able to accurately measure it. The problem with overboring to the next size is that you\'d also need a piston, which doesn\'t come with the rebuild kits.
    \r\n
    \r\nI wrestled with whether or not to buy new cylinders, but since I already bought the rebuild kits, I went for it. Also in the mix is that my home a/c compressor died this month, and so did my washing machine. $$$. I\'ll just watch for leaks and if it only lasts a few thousand miles, that\'ll still be several years on this car. Do not underestimate the fine precision of my honing. \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1539955] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #31\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n Walrus3\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n In my case since I have several different sizes I figure I can bore two and sleeve one and have 3 good ones!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1545969] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #32\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n More updating, I\'ve been getting in a few hours a week now with some regularity. I tore down the rest of the front and rear suspension from the parts car and boxed them up.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI test fitted the wheels on the rear axle, with spacers this assembly is only 3/4" narrower than stock from inside to inside of tire. I know I have more than 3/8" play on each side, so I should be fine with this setup. I\'m pretty happy that it\'s so close.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nMmmm. Nice and beefy. These tires are actually quite a bit bigger than what I really want, but they look cool like this.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nSo then I finished assembling the clutch slave cylinder. So that whole setup is ready to go.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI set about grinding down the rust and prepping it for POR. For some reason in all these pictures the rust still looks red, but when I look at it in regular light it looks black. Either way, it\'s been ground down with a nylon abrasive wheel and is ready for POR.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nSame with the fronts of the fenders.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nJust a little in here to deal with, plus I had to pick back some of the old undercoat just to get the new turn signal boots to snap in properly.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThis kinda ticks me off, the prep work for the previous paint job sucked. Someone put silicone in this joint, and then they painted over it. So just removing it lightly with my finger removed the paint from the corner. Ah well, it\'s mostly covered by turn signal trim anyway.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nCleaned out the battery tray, it didn\'t look that bad until I touched it and most of the paint flaked off. I\'ll be relocating to the trunk eventually, but for now this needs repair.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nAaaaand first coat of POR15.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI did both fenders and the front of the car.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThen the battery tray.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nEven though I decided to wait to start on the grille section, I felt like I was forgetting something at this point. I couldn\'t put my finger on it so I figured it was just the grille section and I put everything away. Then it hit me, the headlight buckets were in the trunk all sandblasted and ready to go. Ah well, next time.
    \n
    \nI hope to have the front end bolted back together with the car running by the end of the month.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by LloydDobler; 07-09-2014 at 02:39 AM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1546075] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #33\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n gdill2\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Looking good!
    \r\n
    \r\nWhat are your plans for the single-circuit brakes?
    \r\n
    \r\nGeorge Dill\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1546485] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #34\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Plans are to use them for now but no more than the next thousand miles or so, and I\'m mileage restricted by my insurance anyway so that\'ll be a couple years, and I\'ll find some time in there to do the conversion to dual circuit. That will be dependent on getting the emergency brakes adapted and working in the new axle as well. That shouldn\'t be too hard, I just have to put a couple of cable end brackets on the floor of the car, but I definitely don\'t like being completely dependent on the single circuit.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by LloydDobler; 08-03-2010 at 02:51 AM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1551816] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #35\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n 48 pics in this update and the car STILL isn\'t done! Hehe. Take a breath and grab a drink, this is a big one. (that\'s what she said)
    \n
    \nI left off with the headlight buckets. I started playing fast and loose with the POR as evidenced by the mess I left on the cardboard. I\'m really glad these were in good shape, because this represents about $250 if I buy new replacements.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nNext I laid a ton of POR on all but the front face of the grille section, including a small ring around the headlight, but smaller than the chrome ring. I did get a few runs on to the grille rim but I wiped them back to where they\'d only show with the grilles out. And with that, my painting was done and it became time for reassembly!
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nGrommets. I don\'t even care if they\'re crappy chinese rubber, even if I have to replace them every year or two this kit still only cost a few bucks at harbor freight.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nAnd they have one for every hole size. The larger holes here don\'t even have anything running through them, I just put grommets in because it looks nicer.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI ordered a hood rubber kit which included these. Very nice. Also from this pic I can see I need to do some rustproofing up here.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nNew speed nuts for the fenders, very nice.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI forgot to take pictures, but the last two pieces to get POR were the battery clamp and the radiator top support. New stainless nuts for the clamp, and a new negative cable. As you all know, the car\'s stock setup was just a braided negative that screwed to the body right there next to it, where I have the tiny extra wire going. So now it\'s got a 4GA line right to the block, as it should. Also, optima madness.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI thought this would be a putty-like tape, but it\'s more of a foam. Either way it\'s the modern equivalent to the putty they sandwiched in the fender.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nNew rubber seals for the super rusty edges at the back of the fender. These will get soaked in undercoat once I get it mounted.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nOne! One panel gap! Ah ah ah ah!
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nTwo! Two pa.. ah forget it.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI spent about a half hour lining this all up, and it\'s not quite there but good enough. As good as I can make it anyway. For example, the top gap on the passenger side is slightly larger than on the driver\'s side. I kinda wish I\'d banged on it a little more, and understood better how it all fit together while it was apart. I\'ll have whoever does the full restoration bang it into compliance when I can afford it in a few years.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nLines up pretty good overall, not much POR showing through the gaps.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThe hood naturally falls a tiny bit to the left, but the latch should fix that. Also, the color mismatch is just that I worked with the fenders so I had to wipe all the dust off. The hood still has a year\'s worth of dust on it.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nMmm, new rubber here too! Also you can see the edge of the foam seam sealer tape. It\'s paintable, so I\'ll probably dab it black.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nOn to the headlight buckets. I had to tap the POR out of these holes.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nNew grommet here as well, factory fit though. Not the chinese crap.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThe headlight adjustment is accomplished by sliding around on these three stamped ribs, so I figured why not grease it to head off the rust here now?
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThe second was a lot easier to assemble than the first. Basically I had to wrestle with 4 springs while lining up two screws. It really wasn\'t that hard but I want you to think it was.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nMounted with almost all new hardware. I chased the threads in the fender holes, and I greased all the threads to prevent new rust as well.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThis was all bent up and covered in overspray and dirt and grease. I forgot to take a before picture, but I pounded it flat, scrubbed it in the solvent tank, and rubbed it down with steel wool to turn it back into this. Then I greased it.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nNew hardware for the hood release was also included. In fact, the only hardware the kits I bought didn\'t come with were the 4 bolts that hold the upper radiator support on. I\'ll be remedying that at some point.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nNext was the rubber seal for the top of the radiator support. I had to trim off 1/16" from the back side and then force it in to the tiny crack like this:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nIt seriously took me 30 painful arm cramping minutes or so to get it in, but the results are great. Except I don\'t know why it turns brown when I try to clean it. (that\'s what she said.)
    \n
    \n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1551818] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #36\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Moving on to turn signal cups. I had to fit that fitting through that hole. I spent far too long on it when I had decided to use a punch and open it up. I asked my friend if he thought that was the right thing to do, and he said "I\'d try grease first".
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nAnd bam. A few seconds later they snapped in. If a bigger hammer doesn\'t work, try lube! (that\'s what she said!)
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThese looked a little bleh, overspray and dirt stuck on firmly...
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nSteel wool takes it right off.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nSteel wool won\'t help this though. We can buy new rings in polished stainless, but they\'re $35 apiece. This is invisible when assembled, so it stays for now.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nOne side down...
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThe turn signal rubber was extremely difficult to assemble, and this one ended up sticking just a little low in the center top. I\'m going to let it sit a week and then try it again and see if I can\'t get it to line up better.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThen I tried to close the hood, and it didn\'t latch. Oh right, because the latch was all bent up and I straightened it! So I tried to adjust the hood pin. It was fused solid. I clamped the pin in the vise and put a breaker on the nut. Nothing. I put PB blaster on it and let it sit for half an hour. Then I hit it with an impact wrench. Nothing except it broke the nut off the main plate, it was just swaged together.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nFinally we hit it with the torch until it was cherry red, then tried the impact again. Success!
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nUnfortunately I chewed this up pretty good. Ah well, a little belt sander and polishing wheel will fix that!
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI was able to remove the badge from the grille without destroying it or the fasteners. It\'s looking pretty haggard.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nBut have no fear, because... Sandblasters rule! I need to paint all this, and I\'m going to paint the badge with the modern logo colors, and then polish the crap out of the metal outline and letters. Oughta look great!
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nFriends who can weld also rule.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nSo while I started painting those parts, it was time to clean the bugs out and straighten up the radiator:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nThe grilles are out, and my buddy is going to polish the rim and center bar for me. Here\'s his first test pass just to see if it\'ll do anything. I\'ll paint the mesh black I think, although I might not do that right away.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nSo without further ado, the radiator went in and the bumper went back on!
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI like these pics better than the ones with the flash, because the color is more natural even though they\'re slightly blurry due to the long exposure. Also the POR is extremely glossy, and makes all kinds of weird reflections from the flash.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nHere\'s how it looks under the hood now:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI can\'t decide whether to paint all the hardware or just leave it looking brand new like that. Maybe I\'ll watch and see if it starts to rust at all.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nJust for comparison, here\'s a before picture from a few months ago:
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nIn addition to all this work, it was time to say goodbye to the parts car (that\'s not me, it\'s my fellow car nut Martin again):
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nAlmost in...
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nAnd gone! We had parts from at least 5 different cars in there, all scrap from projects here in the shop. It was amazing. A parted out Audi S4, the 940 I worked on earlier this year, my boss\' motor home suspension, some bent Subaru suspension parts, and of course the throwaway parts from my T5 donor motor. With everything piled in the trunk, the tongue weight was just a few pounds off neutral, it was cool. The dude picked it up for free, and probably made a couple hundred bucks.
    \n
    \n
    \n
    \nI had a huge surge of free time, and did all this over the last 10 days, with a huge push all weekend. Probably a good 30 hours of labor in this post. Some of which was spent helping my shop mates on their projects, and eating/drinking with them. Since I won\'t have much time to work on it this weekend, I decided there were too many pics piling up to delay an update. Remaining in this phase of the project:
    \n
    \nPolish grilles
    \nPaint/polish badge
    \nNew horn brackets/mount horns
    \nPaint hood catch assembly
    \nAdd coolant
    \nWash a year\'s worth of dust off.
    \n
    \nI still don\'t want to drive it because I need to undercoat all my joints from inside the fender, it\'s monsoon season here where it rains every day but you don\'t know when or where or if you\'ll get caught in it, and I just can\'t risk driving in it lest I cram some water into a joint and start this rust all over again. But I\'ll easily hit my goal of having it back on the road by the end of the month, and I\'ll enjoy it as best I can through Sept/Oct until winter hits. Then it\'s time to swap the rear end! (THAT\'S WHAT SHE SAID!)
    \n
    \nYeah I watched a rerun of The Office just before writing this post.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1551909] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #37\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n gdill2\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Once you retire and open your Classic Volvo Restoration Shop I\'ll dig up a bunch of old guys and their old Volvos dormant from "I was gonna...".
    \r\n
    \r\nDid I see a rare steering wheel on that 122 parts car?
    \r\n
    \r\nAny active VCOA people in your area?
    \r\n
    \r\nGeorge Dill\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\n\n'; pd[1551933] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #38\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Not a rare steering wheel. That was a steering column out of a Chevy Blazer that the junk man threw in there as a gag. "I\'ll just drive it home!". It was an 1800, and I did save the full Smiths gage set out of it, which was in moderate condition. My dad used everything else for repairing a rusty 1800, and we have the whole interior, but it smells like mouse pee. Or it did 14 years ago when we got the car.
    \r\n
    \r\nAnd yeah, the local VCOA chapter is pretty active, at least the FWD/R crew is. We had more Yellow 850Rs than 240s at the last GTG.
    \r\n
    \r\nHey maybe you old round fender nuts might know this: inside the fenders at the front and rear upper corners, they sealed the gaps between the fender and body with what appeared to be a large ball of putty. Is that putty still available or is there a modern product for filling large gaps like that? As it stands, if I spray undercoat in there it\'ll shoot into the engine bay and grille. It\'s all clean and prepped right now, I might just soak it all in undercoat and let water trickle in there, hopefully the only water this car sees is when I wash it anyway. But I want to do it right if it\'s out there.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by LloydDobler; 08-13-2010 at 11:01 AM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
  • \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Remove Advertisements\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n SwedeSpeed.com\r\n
    Advertisements\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n \r\n \r\n\n\n'; // next/previous post info pn[1295361] = "7389943,1295470"; pn[0] = ",1295361"; pn[1295470] = "1295361,1295845"; pn[1295845] = "1295470,1298641"; pn[1298641] = "1295845,1299358"; pn[1299358] = "1298641,1308754"; pn[1308754] = "1299358,1295484"; pn[1295484] = "1308754,1295498"; pn[1295498] = "1295484,1334126"; pn[1334126] = "1295498,1343170"; pn[1343170] = "1334126,1346574"; pn[1346574] = "1343170,1348730"; pn[1348730] = "1346574,1348926"; pn[1348926] = "1348730,1349558"; pn[1349558] = "1348926,1357874"; pn[1357874] = "1349558,1357887"; pn[1357887] = "1357874,1381071"; pn[1381071] = "1357887,1381149"; pn[1381149] = "1381071,1396568"; pn[1396568] = "1381149,1396838"; pn[1396838] = "1396568,1439138"; pn[1439138] = "1396838,1461726"; pn[1461726] = "1439138,1461978"; pn[1461978] = "1461726,1462056"; pn[1462056] = "1461978,1480223"; pn[1480223] = "1462056,1480346"; pn[1480346] = "1480223,1480404"; pn[1480404] = "1480346,1480413"; pn[1480413] = "1480404,1527040"; pn[1527040] = "1480413,1539145"; pn[1539145] = "1527040,1539246"; pn[1539246] = "1539145,1539278"; pn[1539278] = "1539246,1539787"; pn[1539787] = "1539278,1539955"; pn[1539955] = "1539787,1545969"; pn[1545969] = "1539955,1546075"; pn[1546075] = "1545969,1546485"; pn[1546485] = "1546075,1551816"; pn[1551816] = "1546485,1551818"; pn[1551818] = "1551816,1551909"; pn[1551909] = "1551818,1551933"; pn[1551933] = "1551909,1552002"; pn[1552002] = "1551933,1552145"; pn[1552145] = "1552002,1552321"; pn[1552321] = "1552145,1554862"; pn[1554862] = "1552321,1555029"; pn[1555029] = "1554862,1575778"; pn[1575778] = "1555029,1575779"; pn[1575779] = "1575778,1575942"; pn[1575942] = "1575779,1583405"; pn[1583405] = "1575942,1584520"; pn[1584520] = "1583405,1651101"; pn[1651101] = "1584520,1651139"; pn[1651139] = "1651101,1700587"; pn[1700587] = "1651139,1700570"; pn[1700570] = "1700587,1701929"; pn[1701929] = "1700570,1702046"; pn[1702046] = "1701929,1703901"; pn[1703901] = "1702046,1704730"; pn[1704730] = "1703901,1704777"; pn[1704777] = "1704730,1753077"; pn[1753077] = "1704777,1753277"; pn[1753277] = "1753077,1753308"; pn[1753308] = "1753277,1754548"; pn[1754548] = "1753308,1785756"; pn[1785756] = "1754548,1785843"; pn[1785843] = "1785756,1785864"; pn[1785864] = "1785843,1788220"; pn[1788220] = "1785864,1801798"; pn[1801798] = "1788220,1801832"; pn[1801832] = "1801798,1801885"; pn[1801885] = "1801832,1802090"; pn[1802090] = "1801885,1802182"; pn[1802182] = "1802090,1802191"; pn[1802191] = "1802182,1802275"; pn[1802275] = "1802191,1826467"; pn[1826467] = "1802275,1854791"; pn[1854791] = "1826467,1855035"; pn[1855035] = "1854791,1856102"; pn[1856102] = "1855035,1856367"; pn[1856367] = "1856102,1856372"; pn[1856372] = "1856367,1857830"; pn[1857830] = "1856372,1859150"; pn[1859150] = "1857830,1870493"; pn[1870493] = "1859150,1883050"; pn[1883050] = "1870493,1883659"; pn[1883659] = "1883050,1883351"; pn[1883351] = "1883659,1883755"; pn[1883755] = "1883351,1884197"; pn[1884197] = "1883755,1884786"; pn[1884786] = "1884197,1884879"; pn[1884879] = "1884786,1887471"; pn[1887471] = "1884879,1887483"; pn[1887483] = "1887471,1888091"; pn[1888091] = "1887483,1890417"; pn[1890417] = "1888091,1890928"; pn[1890928] = "1890417,1893929"; pn[1893929] = "1890928,1894091"; pn[1894091] = "1893929,1894158"; pn[1894158] = "1894091,1894169"; pn[1894169] = "1894158,1897073"; pn[1897073] = "1894169,1897214"; pn[1897214] = "1897073,1897228"; pn[1897228] = "1897214,1897201"; pn[1897201] = "1897228,1897248"; pn[1897248] = "1897201,1897476"; pn[1897476] = "1897248,1897503"; pn[1897503] = "1897476,1897557"; pn[1897557] = "1897503,1904243"; pn[1904243] = "1897557,1909404"; pn[1909404] = "1904243,1922169"; pn[1922169] = "1909404,1922787"; pn[1922787] = "1922169,1922814"; pn[1922814] = "1922787,1922923"; pn[1922923] = "1922814,1926533"; pn[1926533] = "1922923,1952852"; pn[1952852] = "1926533,1951236"; pn[1951236] = "1952852,1951256"; pn[1951256] = "1951236,1951355"; pn[1951355] = "1951256,1952249"; pn[1952249] = "1951355,1952873"; pn[1952873] = "1952249,1953088"; pn[1953088] = "1952873,2080631"; pn[2080631] = "1953088,2080645"; pn[2080645] = "2080631,1953010"; pn[1953010] = "2080645,1953054"; pn[1953054] = "1953010,2081622"; pn[2081622] = "1953054,2117583"; pn[2117583] = "2081622,2117745"; pn[2117745] = "2117583,2117724"; pn[2117724] = "2117745,2117757"; pn[2117757] = "2117724,2117885"; pn[2117885] = "2117757,2117976"; pn[2117976] = "2117885,2146791"; pn[2146791] = "2117976,2147754"; pn[2147754] = "2146791,2147866"; pn[2147866] = "2147754,2208512"; pn[2208512] = "2147866,2208719"; pn[2208719] = "2208512,2208767"; pn[2208767] = "2208719,2209421"; pn[2209421] = "2208767,2209515"; pn[2209515] = "2209421,2233366"; pn[2233366] = "2209515,2234362"; pn[2234362] = "2233366,2234988"; pn[2234988] = "2234362,2235457"; pn[2235457] = "2234988,2235519"; pn[2235519] = "2235457,2236841"; pn[2236841] = "2235519,2244514"; pn[2244514] = "2236841,2269188"; pn[2269188] = "2244514,2271464"; pn[2271464] = "2269188,2271668"; pn[2271668] = "2271464,2271699"; pn[2271699] = "2271668,2271765"; pn[2271765] = "2271699,2297233"; pn[2297233] = "2271765,2297444"; pn[2297444] = "2297233,2327415"; pn[2327415] = "2297444,2337233"; pn[2337233] = "2327415,2338541"; pn[2338541] = "2337233,2338606"; pn[2338606] = "2338541,2338684"; pn[2338684] = "2338606,2339941"; pn[2339941] = "2338684,2390726"; pn[2390726] = "2339941,2338808"; pn[2338808] = "2390726,2339229"; pn[2339229] = "2338808,2375638"; pn[2375638] = "2339229,2375809"; pn[2375809] = "2375638,2390731"; pn[2390731] = "2375809,2390848"; pn[2390848] = "2390731,2391151"; pn[2391151] = "2390848,2391164"; pn[2391164] = "2391151,2438938"; pn[2438938] = "2391164,2439688"; pn[2439688] = "2438938,2439854"; pn[2439854] = "2439688,2506007"; pn[2506007] = "2439854,2507561"; pn[2507561] = "2506007,2516783"; pn[2516783] = "2507561,2516801"; pn[2516801] = "2516783,2516948"; pn[2516948] = "2516801,2516996"; pn[2516996] = "2516948,2517075"; pn[2517075] = "2516996,2526520"; pn[2526520] = "2517075,2531424"; pn[2531424] = "2526520,2867033"; pn[2867033] = "2531424,2868033"; pn[2868033] = "2867033,2868049"; pn[2868049] = "2868033,2869001"; pn[2869001] = "2868049,2878033"; pn[2878033] = "2869001,2878649"; pn[2878649] = "2878033,2878929"; pn[2878929] = "2878649,2879777"; pn[2879777] = "2878929,2880801"; pn[2880801] = "2879777,2881385"; pn[2881385] = "2880801,2882721"; pn[2882721] = "2881385,2885545"; pn[2885545] = "2882721,2915442"; pn[2915442] = "2885545,2919098"; pn[2919098] = "2915442,2940562"; pn[2940562] = "2919098,2950505"; pn[2950505] = "2940562,2953385"; pn[2953385] = "2950505,2958641"; pn[2958641] = "2953385,2986786"; pn[2986786] = "2958641,2987625"; pn[2987625] = "2986786,2990385"; pn[2990385] = "2987625,3034778"; pn[3034778] = "2990385,3035058"; pn[3035058] = "3034778,3090473"; pn[3090473] = "3035058,3281850"; pn[3281850] = "3090473,3282834"; pn[3282834] = "3281850,3285146"; pn[3285146] = "3282834,3286858"; pn[3286858] = "3285146,3739217"; pn[3739217] = "3286858,3743081"; pn[3743081] = "3739217,3750889"; pn[3750889] = "3743081,3754449"; pn[3754449] = "3750889,5301265"; pn[5301265] = "3754449,3816609"; pn[3816609] = "5301265,3820553"; pn[3820553] = "3816609,3823969"; pn[3823969] = "3820553,3827753"; pn[3827753] = "3823969,3828441"; pn[3828441] = "3827753,3903321"; pn[3903321] = "3828441,3983905"; pn[3983905] = "3903321,4041865"; pn[4041865] = "3983905,4044705"; pn[4044705] = "4041865,4046553"; pn[4046553] = "4044705,4048425"; pn[4048425] = "4046553,4049473"; pn[4049473] = "4048425,4178673"; pn[4178673] = "4049473,4664825"; pn[4664825] = "4178673,4667185"; pn[4667185] = "4664825,4671785"; pn[4671785] = "4667185,4666313"; pn[4666313] = "4671785,4669889"; pn[4669889] = "4666313,4674025"; pn[4674025] = "4669889,4679353"; pn[4679353] = "4674025,4682009"; pn[4682009] = "4679353,4684313"; pn[4684313] = "4682009,4712113"; pn[4712113] = "4684313,4712849"; pn[4712849] = "4712113,4713457"; pn[4713457] = "4712849,4715057"; pn[4715057] = "4713457,5284281"; pn[5284281] = "4715057,5284521"; pn[5284521] = "5284281,5285337"; pn[5285337] = "5284521,5285769"; pn[5285769] = "5285337,5286777"; pn[5286777] = "5285769,5286465"; pn[5286465] = "5286777,5297761"; pn[5297761] = "5286465,5298665"; pn[5298665] = "5297761,5365370"; pn[5365370] = "5298665,5389065"; pn[5389065] = "5365370,5437385"; pn[5437385] = "5389065,5474009"; pn[5474009] = "5437385,7356233"; pn[7356233] = "5474009,7356401"; pn[7356401] = "7356233,7357409"; pn[7357409] = "7356401,7357535"; pn[7357535] = "7357409,7357607"; pn[7357607] = "7357535,7358061"; pn[7358061] = "7357607,7358359"; pn[7358359] = "7358061,7369777"; pn[7369777] = "7358359,7371475"; pn[7371475] = "7369777,7371997"; pn[7371997] = "7371475,7389343"; pn[7389343] = "7371997,7389615"; pn[7389615] = "7389343,7389665"; pn[7389665] = "7389615,7389703"; pn[7389703] = "7389665,7389943"; pn[7389943] = "7389703,1295361"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[23441] = "LloydDobler"; pu[7289] = "gdill2"; pu[12908] = "Walrus3"; pu[30552] = "Buddy Palumbo"; pu[7443] = "mjamgb"; pu[9411] = "volvostud"; pu[29126] = "pookybear"; pu[34314] = "JC T ONE"; pu[34502] = "zombie_stomp"; pu[23230] = "nonhog"; pu[6922] = "Phil Singher"; pu[26171] = "John2x240"; pu[36356] = "appropriatenoises"; pu[23397] = "brettborders"; pu[24296] = "tuscani66"; pu[30450] = "tdskip"; pu[36386] = "1friendlyfred"; pu[39980] = "andrewnance21"; pu[41894] = "er120799"; pu[44438] = "mathrock"; pu[36981] = "MikeJr."; pu[46714] = "colovolvo"; pu[34562] = "Dimitri"; pu[50909] = "eric2323"; pu[50932] = "classicswede"; pu[29415] = "Daniel"; pu[43197] = "John Douglas"; pu[58499] = "Me?"; pu[64746] = "rossy65"; pu[55110] = "142 Guy"; pu[48539] = "dman27"; pu[68654] = "fo0manchu"; pu[47812] = "jg928s4"; pu[41965] = "THolandsli"; pu[39047] = "ScoopMan"; pu[6527] = "tmtalpey"; pu[47077] = "bobbyz"; pu[43852] = "dougy"; pu[78139] = "Csm22"; pu[47853] = "68EFIvert"; pu[65503] = "bkap"; pu[45840] = "rixt"; pu[55636] = "NOHOME"; pu[109457] = "Amazon"; pu[162969] = "unevolved"; pu[62115] = "northNH"; pu[180465] = "sweediron970"; pu[144865] = "ThePanda"; pu[63990] = "dander10"; pu[70577] = "khalil_y"; pu[136705] = "Ron Kwas"; pu[310719] = "lindagrey"; pu[60634] = "JaredR"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I guess I'll be posting in here more often...

Hi everyone, I'm Lloyd. You may know me from subforums such as "C70-1998-2005" or "V70-2001-2007". I have also posted in the 960 forum as that's the main car(s) I drove from '99-'09.

My very first car was a '65 Amazon, purchased in 1987. I picked it out when I was about 14, and I considered myself lucky to have my dream car as my first car. There's just something about the way they look that just sets me off.

Anyway, I butchered that car. Over 6 years of ownership I frankensteined it like you wouldn't believe. I installed D-jetronic from a '72 140, I installed a 4-speed OD from an 80s 240, I cut the springs to lower it, I drove it for about 15,000 miles with no oil in the rear axle - the gears howled BAD and the pinion was so worn out that I sliced my thumb open on the tip of a gear tooth, and last but not least I hacksawed the roof off to make it a hardtop convertible. In Oregon. As my daily driver. Needless to say, it died a terrible death. The entire thing rusted out, and it was so low that the wheels constantly hit the front fenders, and eventually ripped off every mounting bolt except the ones close to the firewall. It banged loud over every bump, and you could grab the grille and lift all the sheetmetal up off the car about 2 inches. In 1995 I took all the remaining decent parts off of it and sent it to the crusher. I did have some great times in it though:

I then bought a flawless '67 that was a two-owner car and had been absolutely babied its entire life. No rust, no repaint, no rebuild, it had two patches very professionally done to the interior and that was it. Literally flawless outside of a few rock chips on the front. It was so nice that I couldn't bring myself to even cut a hole for a speaker. And I just about had a heart attack when a piece of plastic fell off a truck and punched a hole in one of the grilles. I decided that I was not the right owner for it, and sold it less than a year later. I have regretted it ever since.

So I spotted RoachCoach's for sale ad here last October and talked to him, and decided that it wasn't the right time, due to how hard it would have been for me to go look at the car. Then in November I got laid off, and spent 6 months unemployed. Then in June I got a new job, and he re-posted the car for sale two weeks later. Then, a friend happened to be road-tripping within an hour of his house, and was willing to stop and look at the car for me, and take high res photos. 204 pictures later and I decided it was meant to be.

I haven't even washed it yet!

The specs: 1966, was a one owner car from '66 to '04, with 160k on it, when it was sold to the 2nd owner in Virginia. That owner proceeded to put another 45k miles on it, and spent a boatload of money on refreshing a lot of the car. Unfortunately he hit a deer, and had to have the front end repainted. At that point he sold it to RoachCoach, who put very few miles on it before offloading it to me. But it's in great shape and is 100% documented. It's not perfect, but it's very nice, which is exactly what I was looking for.

My short term plans are to get it on the road as is, and do a full "stage 0". After that I'll lower it and put custom wheels on it, do a disc brake swap from an 1800, put in an aftermarket stereo, and enjoy it like that for quite a while. Then long term, like a few years from now, I want to put in a whiteblock turbo motor and make it scream. But we'll get to that later.

I took delivery 2 weeks ago. The first issue cropped up when it wouldn't pass emissions. Fortunately the car came with a ton of parts, among which was a full carb rebuild kit.

I started with the dash wiring though, as you can see in the above picture, things aren't quite where they need to be. The wiper assembly had died and there was a new one waiting to be put in.

Ta-daa! The dash metal is in spectacularly good shape, I'm really glad nobody hacked a hole in it for a modern stereo. It had one mounted below the dash, which I may or may not reinstall.

Then I redid some of the engine bay wiring, I didn't like the way the alternator had been converted.

Before:

After:

Then I fixed the driver's window, the cable had come off the track. I believe the lower pulley was misaligned due to the axle loosening over the years. I pulled it out and re-swaged it with a hammer, and reassembled everything. No pictures though, that was really greasy. But it works great!

Next I started on the carbs. You could say they were worn out:

Elbow grease goes a long way:

Then I ordered a reamer to re-bush the carb bodies, and set about finishing the last problem with the interior. Besides the seam split you can see above, there is also this:

I stripped the cover, turned it inside out, and sewed it back up.

Then my reamer came in, and I re-bushed the carbs.

Ah, so pretty!

I tried to tune it and it ran like absolute garbage. My front carb was running lean no matter what I did. Turns out I got a little overzealous with the tightening of the jet tube:

So I fixed that and it finally fired up and runs really smooth! I spent an hour dialing it in really fine, thanks to the flow meter that was included with all the parts! I even was able to get the throttle linkage to keep the carbs synced after only 3 adjustments.

Anyway, that's 2 weeks worth of work summed up in one post. Gonna try to get it smogged tomorrow, and I'll update as I do more.

Modified by LloydDobler at 12:09 AM 8-1-2009

Modified by LloydDobler at 12:12 AM 8-1-2009

Last edited by LloydDobler; 07-09-2014 at 02:18 AM.
      2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, stock turbo and tune (for now).
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.