Post your 120 Pictures - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Keith602 View Post
      Thanks!
      They are just 17" Dodge Charger steel wheels with 205/50/17 Pirellis. I ended up running a 10mm spacer front and rear due to clearance issues, but they fit pretty well. The caps are off of a 164

So are these direct bolt ons besides spacers? Same bolt pattern?

Keith, this is what I've been looking into for the past few months. Seeing it on your car, especially since mine is also a black 2 door makes me want to call the wrecking yard tomorrow! Looks amazing!
      Last edited by R32rennsport; 06-11-2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Question

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by R32rennsport View Post

Keith, this is what I've been looking into for the past few months. Seeing it on your car, especially since mine is also a black 2 door makes me want to call the wrecking yard tomorrow! Looks amazing!
      They are direct bolt on. The offset isnt perfect, so the spacers were needed. There is a slight rub on the sway bar in front at full lock, but I can live with that. Any pics of your 2 door?

Quote Originally Posted by R32rennsport View Post

From: http://www.brickboard.com/RWD/index....581&show_all=1
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Changing the bolt pattern on a car is done by the use of adapters or by redrilling the hub/rotor/axle to the desired bolt pattern. I have gone so far as to weld up the existing holes, machine the hub true and redrill a different pattern. In that case the hubs started out as a four bolt and I needed to change them to a five bolt. On the 122, it is not necessary to weld up the old holes. All that is required is to have a competent machine shop drill the new pattern in your hubs, rotors and axles. In every application that I have ever seen there has been no loss of strength through this proceedure. At least not enough to cause any problems. A competent machine shop is a must though.

That being said, if you can't find wheels that fit your car, your either not trying hard enough or talking to the wrong people. Ford, Chrysler, AMC, Nissan Toyota Jeep and others all have sold millions of cars and trucks with the 5x4 1/2" (5x114.3) bolt pattern with offsets that will work on the Volvo. Make a pattern off of your original Volvo bolt pattern out of cardboard. Take this and go down to the wrecking yard with a tape measure and a straight edge. Start measuring wheels. Find ones with the same bolt pattern first then check the backspacing. The backspacing should be in the 3 3/4" to 4 1/4" for a 7" wide wheel. If your looking at a 6" wide wheel, the backspacing can range from 3" to 4 1/4".

Here's a list of cars and trucks that came in the 5x4 1/2" (5x114.3) bolt pattern. Not every vehicle on this list has the perfect backspacing but the should all be pretty close. You will have to do your own measuring or research to determine if a particular wheel will fit your car. Some of these wheels may just be too wide to fit within the wheelwells of the Volvo.

Ford:
      91-up Crown Victoria
      64-73 Mustang, Maverick
      57-72, 79-96 Fullsize car (Crown Victoria, Custom, Galaxie, T-Bird, LTD, Etc.)
      85-97 Aerostar van
      82-90 Bronco II
      90-up Explorer
      81-up Ranger PU
      68-84 1/2 ton Van
      65-84 Ranchero
      80-85 1/2 ton 2WD PU

Dodge:
      77-up Fullsize (Coronet, Monaco, Polara)
      87-90 Dakota PU
      75-85 Ramcharger PU 2WD
      49-85 1/2 ton trucks and vans

Jeep:
      80-up Cherokee, Wrangler
      80-93 Commanche, Cheif
      93-98 Grand Cherokee

Mazda:
      93-up B-2500, B-3000, B-4000
      90-up Navajo

Nissan:
      84-96 300ZX

Lexus:
      95-up LS400, LS430
      01-up GS430

Mercury:
      78-79 Cougar
      91-96 XR-7
      68-78 Lynx
      95-up Marauder, Marquis, Meteor

Toyota:
      80-95 2WD PU

Lincoln:
      68-72 Continental, Mark III
      88-up LSC
      84-92 Mark VII
      82-up Town Car

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 15" steel wheel from any '62 - '70 Chrysler product will fit perfectly and has a near-perfect offset to give that "full fenderwell" look...

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/imag...ry-60099-7.jpg

Same for many Ford wheels...

http://www.vclassics.com/archive/wheeltip.htm

Opinions are like...

The stock Amazon wheel is a nice piece.

Fitted with the OE beauty ring, small OE hubcap and painted body color we see good things...

http://avclassiccarsltd.co.uk/wp-con...1/volvo-17.jpg

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimag...66_custom2.jpg

George Dill

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Yeah, there are tons of options out there! I went with these because I wanted a 17" and found them cheap on craigslist.

I found this Wheel website to be a decent resource as well. Kind of gives you an idea of the offset, but does gives you the bolt patterns.
      http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse...._Reference.cfm
      Last edited by Keith602; 06-11-2013 at 12:01 PM.

A couple of Volvos drove up to Tail of the Dragon in western NC/eastern TN this weekend. It was a blast and I highly suggest taking that route if you're ever in the area. 318 curves in 11 miles. Need I say more?

'67 130 - B230ft, WC T5, Ford 8.8 in the works.
      '71 142s
      '94 945t
      '98 V70

Not mine, but you nice Amazon people will appreciate this sort of thing - it's a '63 which i seen at a local show a few months back.

Last edited by hikennys; 07-24-2013 at 03:13 PM.
      '99 C70 Coupe 2.4 - T5 looks, without the T5 Tyre Bills..
      Previously: '87 480ES 1.7 - Good when all the Electrics worked..

Where is everyone getting those awesome valve covers with the filler in the center?
      '67 130 - B230ft, WC T5, Ford 8.8 in the works.
      '71 142s
      '94 945t
      '98 V70

Clark Mente in Austin, Texas, eBayed this fine red Amazon and plans to give all a close-up look at the Volvo Meet near New Ulm, Texas, on Saturday, August 31, 2013...

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...August-31-2013.

http://www.dailyturismo.com/2012/08/...zon-coupe.html

http://www.dailyturismo.com/2012/09/...volvo-122.html

George Dill

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnance21 View Post
      Where is everyone getting those awesome valve covers with the filler in the center?
      Those were the standard B18 valve covers before they started having PCV systems, which was for the '65 model year. Before that, crankcase ventilation was through a "road draft" tube, just an open pipe from the top of the block that exited down by the oil pan, and the filler cap was a breather type. With the advent of PCV, the filler cap was sealed and moved forward so it could easily be hooked to the forward air filter.

Just figured i'd put these here too

Last edited by Keith602; 09-03-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Very nice P132, Carl...

http://volvoamazonpictures.se/car_ph..._84_1929_1.jpg

http://volvoamazonpictures.se/car_ph...9_bildsida.php

BTW, did you get the ES gas tank sold?

Also, has your ES ever been to a USA Volvo Meet?

http://volvo1800pictures.com/0_car_p..._42_3786_1.jpg

George Dill
      Last edited by gdill2; 08-26-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gdill2 View Post
      Very nice P132, Carl...

http://volvoamazonpictures.se/car_ph..._84_1929_1.jpg

http://volvoamazonpictures.se/car_ph...9_bildsida.php

BTW, did you get the ES gas tank sold?

Also, has your ES ever been to a USA Volvo Meet?

http://volvo1800pictures.com/0_car_p..._42_3786_1.jpg

George Dill
      I have someone interested in it - but no confirmation on purchase.

I have been to Seattle Swedish Day with both the ES and the 122S, also attended Issaquah Volvo Show with an ES. Have been on drives with Puget Sound Volvo Clubs.

Here's a fun one!
      Last edited by cwdodson88; 09-26-2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: pic upload

well, here's mine, work in progress really. Roof rack is off of a 142 i think, had to narrow it by an inch in the back and widen it by about the same in the front. Wheels are Fuchs reproductions, that i stripped and re-detailed to make them look a bit better. Hopefully someday it will be as pretty as all the other cars on here.
      Last edited by beanoil; 10-16-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Just I figured I would put these pics here also, since it looks more like a real car now.. LOL

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 10-16-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Greetings from Canada, EH? We in the Great White North have a few 'Canadians' (we can't call them Amazon's up here) and we even race 'em. If you Google ' Ian Lok 122 Volvo ' you'll find some pics of Steen Andersen's old Bulova/2.5LTrans Am race car in it's current VARAC vintage form. Ian's brother Leon owns the ex Castrol GTX-sponsored 140 2.5L Trans Am racer and another buddy, Peter Lambrinos owns and races the ex Keller Bros. 140 ITB racer. In 2004 I sold my '67 122 vintage racer for some cash and a '65 Corvette race car basket-case, bought a new (to me) house so the racing was put on hold. My '62 120 right hand drive wagon is a complete basket case waiting a full resto, my current project is a '68 122/Ford 5.0L v8 conversion, and waiting in the wings is a '65 P1800 race car from the old Hershey Hillclimb days, soon to be a VARAC racer: once a Volvo racer always a Volvo racer.
      We race mostly at Mosport but have ventured to The Glen, Road America and Waterford Hills in the past.
      I'll send some pics of our Volvo's in action ASAP
      Cheers,
      Brian

Umm, don't you mean Canadian Tire Motorsports Park? I've seen the 142 a few times at Calabogie Motorsports Park at the MCOs Ted Powell race weekends.
      '88 244 auto (parts car), '89 244 5 spd. (daily driver), '92 245 5 spd. (my car) '80 Holiday Rambler/Ford E350 (tow vehicle and track crash pad), '95 GMC K2500 (local hauler/back-up tow vehicle), '83 Mazda RX7 (race car when I have the funds), '99 Miska 20' car hauler.

The man's prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, ... if I have to, ... I guess."

Greetings from the frozen North,

My Amazon honey, one of the earliest B18/12volt, has been with me for ~35 years, one of ~40 Amazons I've owned over the decades, including a '60 B16, several 123GTs, a '69 Canadian B20, and various sedans and wagons of every color and description.

http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/no...deshow/?sort=4
      (I can't figure out how to post pictures here, tho' I can rebuild SU's and OD's...)

1962, 65K miles, original paint, interior (except floor covering) and mechanicals, runs like it looks.

I'm currently refurbishing mechanicals and cosmetics...Engine/trans removed to clean up under the hood, newly painted balanced B18 (rebored as B20) with 9.5 CR, K cam, lightened flywheel, etc, and M41/J-OD ready to install...Original engine/trans (both still working perfectly) will be cleaned and retained for ?future use...

Many new period-correct parts to install: NOS Abarth full exhaust, Laguna wheels (sexier Italian Minilites), NOS OEM accessory bumper-mounted reverse light, NOS OEM rubber bumper overrider protectors, NOS tach, OEM OD switch and indicator, correct Blaupunkt, and more...
      Also to get an expert compound/buff of still-gorgeous black paint with all trim, etc, removed.

I also have an extraordinarily well-done, no-holds barred half-done (the tough half) '66 Amazon restoration (not by me) that needs to go to the right person to finish. Anyone interested in more details?

Michael
      Last edited by northNH; 03-01-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by northNH View Post
      Greetings from the frozen North,

My Amazon honey, one of the earliest B18/12volt, has been with me for ~35 years, one of ~40 Amazons I've owned over the decades, including a '60 B16, several 123GTs, a '69 Canadian B20, and various sedans and wagons of every color and description.

http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/northNH/library/
      (I can't figure out how to post pictures here, tho' I can rebuild SU's and OD's...)

1962, 65K miles, original paint, interior (except floor covering) and mechanicals, runs like it looks.

I'm currently refurbishing mechanicals and cosmetics...Engine/trans removed to clean up under the hood, newly painted balanced B18 (rebored as B20) with 9.5 CR, K cam, lightened flywheel, etc, and M41/J-OD ready to install...Original engine/trans (both still working perfectly) will be cleaned and retained for ?future use...

Many new period-correct parts to install: NOS Abarth full exhaust, Laguna wheels (sexier Italian Minilites), NOS OEM accessory bumper-counted reverse light, NOS OEM rubber bumper overrider protectors, NOS tach, OEM OD switch and indicator, correct Blaupunkt, and more...
      Also to get expert compound/buff of still-gorgeous black paint with all trim, etc, removed.

I also have an extraordinarily well-done, no-holds barred half-done (the tough half) '66 Amazon restoration that needs to go to the right person to finish. Anyone interested in more details?

Michael
      Welcome to Swedespeed, Michael.

Nice 1962 Volvo P120 Amazon...

http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/no...deshow/?sort=4

My first Volvo was this very same year/version.

Start a new thread here...

https://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdi...-Cars-For-Sale

...for your '66 "needs restoration" just for grins.

Thanks.

George Dill

Finally, here's a picture of mine from yesterday.

IMG_0172 by gts455, on Flickr

IMG_0176 by gts455, on Flickr
      2015 XC60 R Design
      1999 V70 T5
      1967 P130 Amazon B20 with Overdrive (SOLD)

Lots of motorcycles

Here's some new ones of my 66

Keith, that car looks phenominal. I've seen it on Stanceworks and it's definitely the direction i will be going with mine. Beautiful car. How much work was it getting the car that low? I'm guessing you are using airbags?
      2015 XC60 R Design
      1999 V70 T5
      1967 P130 Amazon B20 with Overdrive (SOLD)

Lots of motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by gts455 View Post
      Keith, that car looks phenominal. I've seen it on Stanceworks and it's definitely the direction i will be going with mine. Beautiful car. How much work was it getting the car that low? I'm guessing you are using airbags?
      Thanks! Yeah, airbags and accuair management.

You guys cars are inspiring. Some really nice work in this thread.

Just bought this little guy. As soon as my F150 is done, it's going in for a full resto/mod. Runs and drives perfectly but is looking a little tired. I'm not sure I have been this excited about a build in quite a while. So many parts to fab, so little time.

PM me about custom wire harnesses and other parts.

Excellent! Welcome to the club, be sure to make a thread.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70 2.5T - Ice White - Oak Arena, (almost) bone stock daily driver.
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.

From Kjell Rundgren, my Volvo Buddy in Sweden. Could his white Amazon be a very rare '69 or '70 model?...
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Let me here from you soon so I know when you get it , So much of money I has but in this car // But al is new of ever think is only a new colour on the car but its to much of money but if this going to Germany or for sale in USA / Texas don´t now how I do ? how much in 1 Euro its 9 Swedish kronor in dollar 1 dollar – 5 – 7 sek. Well see ! ? Your Swedenfrend Kjell & Ann-Marie.

http://tinyurl.com/p3ae8yd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George Dill

Hi there, I'm new here. I had been after an Amazon for quite a while, and after 7 months of saving up, today I finally drove home with this guy:

The interior looks a little rough (rear seat and door cards are red, front seats are black from a newer model, with the headrests) but the exterior is pretty alright, considering this is a daily driver, not a collector's car. My priority will be first to get the engine idling properly (carbs need adjusting/syncing) and then to work on the interior. After 9+ years of driving a modern automatic, there will definitely be a learning curve until I get comfortable driving this car every day, but I'm excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by theboycalledcrow View Post
      Hi there, I'm new here. I had been after an Amazon for quite a while, and after 7 months of saving up, today I finally drove home with this guy:

The interior looks a little rough (rear seat and door cards are red, front seats are black from a newer model, with the headrests) but the exterior is pretty alright, considering this is a daily driver, not a collector's car. My priority will be first to get the engine idling properly (carbs need adjusting/syncing) and then to work on the interior. After 9+ years of driving a modern automatic, there will definitely be a learning curve until I get comfortable driving this car every day, but I'm excited about it.
      Welcome to Swedespeed, Adriano.

Start up a new thread and we will present you with the Swedespeed Amazon Starter Kit plus parts resources to find that tiny piece of trim that slips over the trim edges on the drip rail between the doors on the driver's side.

George Dill

My 67 122S Project of the past few years.

Last edited by jg928s4; 09-18-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Hello from Germany and from my side,

her is a picture from my Amazon

Bilder-Upload.eu - share DEINE Bilder

It's a 67' 2 door in dark blue (mercedes clour) and black leather interior, 6X15 smoothies and lower springs. It has a B18 Engine with two HIF6 carburatos with KN Airfilters, 123 ignition distributor, big valves & C camshaft.

regards Andreas
      Last edited by zz-top; 04-27-2015 at 07:21 AM.

My '65 Wagon project

My Volvo amazon 1966

67 122s

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast