Post your 120 Pictures - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      What is the source on that Wagon, noise? It looks like it is from a video of some sort.... could be fun to watch

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Bump.

George Dill

Interesting build (work in progress): Volvo 122 / lexus sc430

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by goin440 View Post
      Interesting build (work in progress): Volvo 122 / lexus sc430

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...view=slideshow

George Dill

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

My old playtoy...registered as a 123GT, not a 122s. Built engine, upped to a B20...ralleyed it for a few years...had a blast. sold it to a kid who wanted a project car. He wrecked it a few weeks later...into a ditch...he walked away, not a scratch. He and his dad rebuilt it and it it still going today. Had about 500K miles on it when I sold it. Still get a hankering for one. Found a 122s wagon, and I have an overdrive tranny and the P1800 shifter extension unit....hmmmm.....

Derswede

1970 0ne-owner 122S with B-20

I'm a new member, but have owned a 544 or a 122S or a 142S Volvo since 1965. I presently own a 1970 Volvo 122S (P130) with B-20 engine and upgraded M-41 o/d transmission. This may be the newest 122S in the USA -- I bought it new in Calgary, Alberta in January of 1970. It presently has 35k miles, and has been in dry storage since 1976, sad to say --I took it apart to do some mods, and never got it back together again. Now that I have a garage with space to work on it, I hope to get it back on the road.

I would attach photos, but I guess that this forum does not have an integral image upload function, but relies on an outside platform (which I do not have)?

Quote Originally Posted by Derswede View Post
      I have an overdrive tranny and the P1800 shifter extension unit....hmmmm.....

Derswede
      When you're ready to part with that, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by alaskossie View Post
      I would attach photos, but I guess that this forum does not have an integral image upload function, but relies on an outside platform (which I do not have)?
      Yes, the key word you're looking for is "host", search for a free picture host. Some popular ones are photobucket, imgur, and imageshack. Or you can pay for a private host, that's what I do, but only because I have a buddy who pays for a website, and I chip in for the picture hosting. Makes it nice because there's guaranteed uptime and no advertisements. Also, a lot of internet service providers will host for you, you just have to figure it out. I know Comcast includes web hosting with service.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, stock turbo and tune (for now).
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskossie View Post
      I'm a new member, but have owned a 544 or a 122S or a 142S Volvo since 1965. I presently own a 1970 Volvo 122S (P130) with B-20 engine and upgraded M-41 o/d transmission. This may be the newest 122S in the USA -- I bought it new in Calgary, Alberta in January of 1970. It presently has 35k miles, and has been in dry storage since 1976, sad to say --I took it apart to do some mods, and never got it back together again. Now that I have a garage with space to work on it, I hope to get it back on the road.

Welcome to Swedespeed, Tom.

Yes, you will need to save your pics on your pc, laptop, smartphone, etc. then put them on a free internet photo hosting service (as stated above). Once you get the url for each pic you can either just post it in your replies or imbed it in the reply so it will show on the screen.

This all you know already but I use these instructions as primers for many new folks and try to minimize my...

You may have noticed that Swedespeed will eventually put your pics on a dedicated server but we users do not have access to said server.

BTW, I found your Volvo 6-wheeler...

http://www.usa7s.com/vb/attachment.p...4&d=1299442418

...on one of your forums - cool truck!

1970 Amazon - rare bird indeed. The factory put a B20E in a few Canadian cars and I have always heard the urban legend that a 1970 Amazon P220 Kombi B20E with M41/OD was also available.

Let us see some pics!

Thanks.

George Dill

Quote Originally Posted by gdill2 View Post
      ...BTW, I found your Volvo 6-wheeler...

http://www.usa7s.com/vb/attachment.p...4&d=1299442418

...on one of your forums - cool truck!

1970 Amazon - rare bird indeed. The factory put a B20E in a few Canadian cars and I have always heard the urban legend that a 1970 Amazon P220 Kombi B20E with M41/OD was also available.

Let us see some pics!

Thanks.

George Dill
      Yes George, that is my 6-wheel beast, all right. Perfect for a serious pickup truck....

My 1970 122S was built in Sweden, but sold by Halford & Valentine in Calgary. It has the B20-B 2-SU carb engine, and originally had the M-40 transmission; I swapped it for an M-41 with O/D and a the P-1800 gear lever extension (an interesting story). As far as I know, the only 122 Volvos available in Canada in 1969-70 were the 2-door coupes with the 2-carb engine and 4-speed manual transmission.

I've got a few other interesting Volvo-related tales, but I'll hold off until I get my photos posted first.
      Last edited by gdill2; 03-27-2012 at 09:38 AM.

I mentioned this in another thread but my favorite colour scheme I've seen on the net is cream colored with a black roof and accents in black and chrome.

Rodger

Since I'm beginning to dismantle my wrecked C70, I thought I'd throw a couple of the Pegasus wheels on my 122 to see how it looks. Not bad, although I can tell from looking that they'd rub like crazy on every bump. But hey, I have the wheels, the setup, and the spare time so why not have a look? I love these wheels and I think they look great on pretty much any car they go on, although I'd never run them for real on this car because they're just too modern even for me. The specs: 18" x 8" factory pegasus wheels with 235/40/18 tires, and 25mm spacers on stock 1800E hubs and rear axle.

2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, stock turbo and tune (for now).
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydDobler View Post
      Since I'm beginning to dismantle my wrecked C70, I thought I'd throw a couple of the Pegasus wheels on my 122 to see how it looks. Not bad, although I can tell from looking that they'd rub like crazy on every bump. But hey, I have the wheels, the setup, and the spare time so why not have a look? I love these wheels and I think they look great on pretty much any car they go on, although I'd never run them for real on this car because they're just too modern even for me. The specs: 18" x 8" factory pegasus wheels with 235/40/18 tires, and 25mm spacers on stock 1800E hubs and rear axle.

Smooth, Lloyd, very smooth.

Time to roll those fender wells.

George Dill

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
      I mentioned this in another thread but my favorite colour scheme I've seen on the net is cream colored with a black roof and accents in black and chrome.

Rodger
      This one needs those red hubcaps changed to black...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...assic-car.html

George Dill

Yeah! George- that's the one I was talking about.

Rodger

This is the 1967 122s my wife and I scored about 2 weeks ago...runs like a scalded cat with a B18 and M410 trans with OD...

Thanks,

Chris

Forgot the pic of the OD switch on dash...

Thanks,

Chris

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ic-of-my-Brick!

Not mine but nice wagon!

George Dill

Them Canadiens got Amazons, eh?!...

http://images.google.com/search?as_s...OkEsW9qAHxsIFo

George Dill

Picked up another '67 for the wife today. B20, twin SU's, 4-speed short-shifter kit + OD...

image distorted...LOL

Last edited by ibcmoore; 10-17-2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: added pics

New here on the forum, my name is Steven and I'm from San Luis Obispo, California. My automotive background is mostly air and water cooled Volkswagens, but I've always had a soft spot for these early Volvo's. I'm sure you'll start to see me on here quite a bit. There are quite a few old Volvo's in my town, probable 6 122's and a couple 1800's and 544's. Just your run of the mill 1966 122S, nothing too special. I've owned it for a year now and have already clocked nearly 7k miles without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by R32rennsport View Post
      New here on the forum, my name is Steven and I'm from San Luis Obispo, California. My automotive background is mostly air and water cooled Volkswagens, but I've always had a soft spot for these early Volvo's. I'm sure you'll start to see me on here quite a bit. There are quite a few old Volvo's in my town, probable 6 122's and a couple 1800's and 544's. Just your run of the mill 1966 122S, nothing too special. I've owned it for a year now and have already clocked nearly 7k miles without issue.

Welcome to Swedespeed, Steven.

Very nice P132 Amazon - '66 is my favorite year.

Speaking of favorite - back in 02-08-2012 on your 122 thread on Brickspeed you posted this...
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      OK, so it's been awhile since I've updated as I've been busy with wedding plans. Less then 3 weeks to go! My future wife is set on this being our post wedding/honeymoon cruiser! She's a keeper!
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ...so now we need an another update...

Did you get married?
      Did the Amazon enjoy the honeymoon? Where?
      Are you over a mentioned illness?
      "...She's a keeper!..." The car or the wife or both?

This Amazon (name?) needs its/his/her very own thread here...

https://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdi...220-(1956-1970)

...so we can enjoy your updates/progress and join in on the fun!

Thanks.

George Dill

http://brickspeed.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1390

ps: If you decide to have a spare set of wheels cut, reversed and re-welded be sure the shop has experience in this area.

Last edited by gdill2; 10-21-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gdill2 View Post
      Welcome to Swedespeed, Steven.

Very nice P132 Amazon - '66 is my favorite year.

Speaking of favorite - back in 02-08-2012 on your 122 thread on Brickspeed you posted this...
      OK, so it's been awhile since I've updated as I've been busy with wedding plans. Less then 3 weeks to go! My future wife is set on this being our post wedding/honeymoon cruiser! She's a keeper!
      ...so now we need an another update...

Did you get married?
      Did the Amazon enjoy the honeymoon? Where?
      Are you over a mentioned illness?
      "...She's a keeper!..." The car or the wife or both?

This Amazon (name?) needs its/his/her very own thread here...

https://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdi...220-(1956-1970)

...so we can enjoy your updates/progress and join in on the fun!

Thanks.

George Dill

http://brickspeed.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1390

ps: If you decide to have a spare set of wheels cut, reversed and re-welded be sure the shop has experience in this area.

George,

Thanks for the welcome. As far as an update I did get married and we did take the car on our honeymoon. We drove it from San Luis Obispo to Los Angeles (Disneyland) and back without issue, about 600 miles worth of driving. I think I had a run of the mill cold, but in whatever case yes, I'm fine. Lastly, they are both keeper's! My wife love's our Volvo and won't let me even speak of letting it leave the family.

I'll take your advice and start a dedicated thread once I find some time and some more pictures. I have been really bad about documenting this car but I'll do my best to get some updates. Thanks again!

I am a native of SLO and I notice that parking spot. I will look in town for your car nxt time I am there.

Jon

Finally got around to doing this:

It looks good Andrew.

I've been lurking on ths forum for awhile... Finally wrote my first post to "classifieds" I was checking out this picture thread and saw some local Volvos!! I live in Atascadero, Ca., a few miles north of San Luis Obispo. I recently completed rebuild/upgrade to my 122s B20. It has a V-Performance head, headers, Magnaflow exhaust, 123Igniton distributor, twin Mikuni HSR45 carbs, changed rear end to 3.54, M41, V-Performance springs with Bilstein shocks. Here are some pix and a YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlE64...hannel&list=UL

How do you like the Mikunis? I'm thinking of putting them on my RX7.
      '88 244 auto (parts car), '89 244 5 spd. (daily driver), '92 245 5 spd. (my car) '80 Holiday Rambler/Ford E350 (tow vehicle and track crash pad), '95 GMC K2500 (local hauler/back-up tow vehicle), '83 Mazda RX7 (race car when I have the funds), '99 Miska 20' car hauler.

The man's prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, ... if I have to, ... I guess."

I love the Mikunis. They are easy to tune, and make gobs more power than the Weber 38/38 DGAS I had before. They also have a vintage look, like the stock SU's at first glance.

Thanks for the info.
      '88 244 auto (parts car), '89 244 5 spd. (daily driver), '92 245 5 spd. (my car) '80 Holiday Rambler/Ford E350 (tow vehicle and track crash pad), '95 GMC K2500 (local hauler/back-up tow vehicle), '83 Mazda RX7 (race car when I have the funds), '99 Miska 20' car hauler.

The man's prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, ... if I have to, ... I guess."

Andrew, very nice I have one very similar, curious as to what you did for lowering , what springs etc also what are the wheel and tire combo, I,ve trying to post a picture of mine but cant figure this out any info is appreciated Thanks, MIke

Quote Originally Posted by md122s View Post
      Andrew, very nice I have one very similar, curious as to what you did for lowering , what springs etc also what are the wheel and tire combo, I,ve trying to post a picture of mine but cant figure this out any info is appreciated Thanks, MIke
      Welcome to Swedespeed, Mike.

George Dill

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...es-in-a-thread

Thanks. I,ll try to post it later , appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by md122s View Post
      They are coilover spring kits for a Honda. They work surprisingly well but going that low means taking your lower control arms off and having the shock mounts welded to the bottom like this:

The rears are great. The fronts will require using the adjustable perch that comes with the springs so that the spring doesn't go inside the upper spring cup. The ride is pretty stiff as expected.

The wheels are TSW Valencias 17x8 with an offset of +20. It took some fender work on all four corners to make them work but now they don't rub anywhere except at full lock in the front.
      '67 130 - B230ft, WC T5, Ford 8.8 in the works.
      '71 142s
      '94 945t
      '98 V70

Thanks for the reply that may be what i do , hard to find a spring that low with correct rates etc. Do you remember who you got the coilover kit through, Thanks Mike

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast