Florida SwedeSpeed Chapter
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Florida SwedeSpeed Chapter

I'm living in Jacksonville, Florida and to my dismay there is no one supporting or promoting car meets. I would like to get a few of us together, even if we get a few people from south Georgia. Let me know if you want this to happen.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Florida SwedeSpeed Chapter (06VolvoR)

Welcome to Swedespeed, Pete.

Here is some contact info on Florida VCOA Volvo Nuts...

http://www.vcoa.org/theclub/chapters.php#florida

...and below are two google searches showing all Sweedspeeders in FL and GA - wake 'em up!

Good luck.

George Dill

http://www.google.com/search?h...ctive

http://www.google.com/search?h...ctive

Hello!

I'm in Jacksonville as well, a freshman at JU.
      You need to join Stateside Euro, a european car forum in Jacksonville.
      http://statesideeuro.com/index.php

It's mostly Vdubs, but there's a fair number of Volvos on there too. They meet on Thursday nights at some restaraunt around here. The details are on the site. I can never go cause I have practice then. But I've heard it's a great time.

If you're not on volvospeed, you need to be, cause that's where most of the club events are talked about for around here. There's lots of stuff happening in Orlando usually.

And I'm trying to get a car show put together for JU Flight Team in the next couple months. Don't have any details yet, but keep that in mind.

That's all I can think of for now. Let me know if there's anything else you want to know!

2002 C70 Coupe - My first car, owned since 2007, mostly stock but big things planned
      1995 BMW 525i - Restoration project
      2017 Toyota Yaris IA - Daily driver

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Re: Florida SwedeSpeed Chapter (Logan2224)

Yes Yes In Ocala would love some swede bonding! Let me know!

Well I'm here if anyone wants to talk Euro Car stuff etc. I'm new to the European car game but have been catching up as much as possible. If I'm not in the gym I'm on one of these forums just reading.

hey guys. i got to school in tampa and im from west palm beach. i make my way around the state on a weekly basis. was in jax for the uf uga game, im in gainesville once a month to visit friends, orlando every oncer in a while, and this weekend im off to daytona for the race. next time im in jax i will let ya know and we can have a mini meet

Re: (R broski)

Good stuff! I'd definitely be up for a mini meet in JAX
      2002 C70 Coupe - My first car, owned since 2007, mostly stock but big things planned
      1995 BMW 525i - Restoration project
      2017 Toyota Yaris IA - Daily driver

I'm down for mini meet Jax? Are any of you guys on Statesideeuro.com? Its mostly Jax guys but...I'm looking for more Volvos to be around seeing how its mostly a VW crew.

I'm in Homestead for the next couple weeks. If there's any members out there from the local area, please PM or email me so I can come say hi!
      Steve
      2005 S60R 6MT Black/Nordkap SOLD at 115K miles!
      2005 V70 2.4 AW5 SOLD at 237K miles!

I'm in Jacksonville. I believe I talked with you on stateside.

I'm up for a mini-meet whenever.

2006 S60R M66
      98 C70 T5M coupe

Yes I believe you did. When I return from Cuba I'll send a message out brother. Good deal!

Man thats going to be like a few days after I get back. I'm not going to be up to driving that far...or am I hmmmm.

I'm def going with the car club from my school. Just thought u guys might be interested

I heard you guys wanna meet in FL! Im down!
      Volvo S40 2.4i / Premium Audio / Triple 10" MTX Sub enclosure / Eibach Pro Kit w/ Koni Yellows / IPD Rear Anti-Sway Bar / Akebono brake pads / K&N Drop in Filter.

Good deal brother, I'll be home on the 27th of this month so we'll have to start thinking up some stuff we wanna do!

Getting the word out early ...

March 5, 2011

Florida Chapter of VCOA's Spring meet to be held at Philippe Park, 2525 Philippe Parkway, Safety Harbor, Fl. 34695-5134 on Saturday March 5 from 10am to 3pm at Shelter #5. The park features BBQ grills, shelters, playgrounds, boat ramp, historical significance and great views of Tampa Bay with lots of shade. This is a great location for a family outing and picnic (alcohol prohibited). Event will feature awards in multiple car categories, a 50/50 cash drawing, door prizes, parts swap, Volvo Jeopardy and more. Further event information will be posted at www.FLVCOA.org as more details become available or email [email protected]. Entry to the park and event are free. All Volvo enthusiasts are welcome regardless of membership in VCOA. Participants are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, beverages, lunch and charcoal if they would like to grill. Parts vendors are welcome. Photos of the park can be viewed at http://pinellas.obsres.com/parkshelters/groupinfo.aspx click on Philippe Park.

That's in my neck of the woods. I think I'll join you guys at that one.

Hi everyone! New member, as you can tell. I've had Volvos in my family since 1996 (1 960, 1 S40, 1 S60, 3 S80s), but have never needed a mechanic except for when I was in Miami. I had a nice family-owned Volvo repair shop I used down there, but now I'm basically on the southern border of Palm Beach, and I'm looking for a shop in Palm Beach or Broward counties. I'm about to buy a 1999 Volvo V70XC to actually work on and mod, so I'd like to find someone in the area I can take the vehicle to and trust that they know what they're doing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Will there be any meets in central Florida any time soon

Good idea

I'm not from around but I think you've been putting a very good idea in your community. I'm hoping for your success sir.

And looking at the number of comment, I think you are getting a got responds there.
      Good luck

Hey everyone! New kid on the block here. I was reading up on the thread and noticed no one has made any mention to the Florida Volvo Community. The online site is down for the time being but here is the link to the site

http://floridavolvocommunity.net

Or you can find us on [email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaVolvo/

Thinking about we should do a Jacksonville FL meet up soon. Summer 2018.
      New Ikea? Or somewhere else.

Or st augustine

New to Volvo

Hello! I'm new to Volvo and Sweedspeed and live in Tampa.
      I just picked up a Used (Don't judge me!) 2018 XC90 R-Design w/ Polstar from The Volvo Store Winter Park, FL.
      I'm looking to make my XC90 go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by DVS1 View Post
      Hello! I'm new to Volvo and Sweedspeed and live in Tampa.
      I just picked up a Used (Don't judge me!) 2018 XC90 R-Design w/ Polstar from The Volvo Store Winter Park, FL.
      I'm looking to make my XC90 go faster.
      Why would we judge you for buying a used Volvo,

For answers and discussion about your car this is the wrong thread, use the XC90 2016 - (SPA) discussion thread.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/forumd...90-(SPA-2016-)

But, note, The T6 R with Polestar is about as good as it gets, so if you still have warranty and want to keep the warranty I would not void it by modifying anything.

NOTE: The T8 has an extra 84 HP and 177 ft/lbs of torque over the standard T6, due to the electric motor,
      Last edited by scaramoucheii; 05-09-2019 at 11:23 AM.
      Currently: 2016 XC90 T8, 1973 1800ES Original D-Jet, 1973 142 B20B, 1977 242 B230FT
      Previously: 1974 144 B20B, 1974 142 B20F, 1989 740, 1981 242 GLT, 1996 740, 1999 V70

29. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements