C70 T5 Dynaudion 10" subwoofer (where are the wires?)
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

C70 T5 Dynaudion 10" subwoofer (where are the wires?)

Ive purchased some subs and crossovers that is for the c70 volvo.
      the problem is ive removed the rear seats but cant find where i plug the subs and crossovers.
      anyone able to tell me where they are?
      or are they not fitted on the coupe?

cheers
      fatz

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: C70 T5 Dynaudion 10" subwoofer (FatLadZ)

Even though the coupe has the cutouts, the vehicle wiring diagram only shows the option for the convertibles. Just hard wire them into the rear outputs from the amp, only 4 wires plus the switch.

there seems to be a bit more to it than that as there is a rather hefty crossover with them.
      dont suppose you have a wiring diagram?
      chers for the reply

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Re: (FatLadZ)

thanks very much for the diagram

Sent, should not take you long to install it, good luck.

theres 8 wires on each crossover.
      are these straight plug in?or will i need to hardwire these in?
      cheers

also there are 5 pins on the switch

Quote, originally posted by FatLadZ »
      also there are 5 pins on the switch
      True, but that's because it is a lighted switch. Any old switch would do, just needs to be on/off is all.

Re: (MKC70)

i have the genuine original brand new switch with the kit.
      i dont suppose that the audio wiring loom is available for sale from volvo from the convertable?
      would have made my life a hell of alot easier lol.
      ill have a play with the wiring in the morning
      thanks for all your help
      and if you think of anything else feel free to post it on here as it is good for people searching for the answer

Post a picture of the equipment you have so others can follow, just email me if you have another question.

there we go this is what they are

That's a nice kit. It will be interesting to know how these fit into the coupe.

You may not notice much difference when installing these subs into the coupe. They were necessary in the convertable because the rear speakers had to be smaller and mounted in the side panels. In the coupe, there are 8 inch woofs in the package shelf that use the trunk as a resonating chamber. That works quite well as is.

My wife's 2006 C70 has the subs. It is hard to tell when they are on, unless you are sitting in the back seats - then you get a back massage!

Re: (flat_six)

Quote, originally posted by flat_six »
      That's a nice kit. It will be interesting to know how these fit into the coupe.

You may not notice much difference when installing these subs into the coupe. They were necessary in the convertable because the rear speakers had to be smaller and mounted in the side panels. In the coupe, there are 8 inch woofs in the package shelf that use the trunk as a resonating chamber. That works quite well as is.

My wife's 2006 C70 has the subs. It is hard to tell when they are on, unless you are sitting in the back seats - then you get a back massage!

+1, I agree that most likely you will lose too much sound firing through the back seat. The rear deck 8's have good output for back seat listeners, but falls some what flat up front. What you gain from the new subs may be offset by what is lost from the deck speakers. May want to add a second amplifier just for the subs and ditch the factory passive filters, of course it does not hurt to hear what it sounds like first.

These subs are not real thumpers, their diaphram travel is more like a typical 9" woofer.
      '04 V70 NA -- gone

looks like im going to sell these as they are too much trouble to wire up for a poor result.
      i paid £155 for the full kit + postage so i cant see it being hard to recoup my layout

Quote, originally posted by FatLadZ »
      looks like im going to sell these as they are too much trouble to wire up for a poor result.
      i paid £155 for the full kit + postage so i cant see it being hard to recoup my layout
      Thought you had a handle on what needed to be done.

yes i have but feel that the money could be spent better elsewhere and these could recouperate the outlay

Do You Still Have Your Subs and Who Much Would You Sell The Whole Kit For?
      2006 S60R, ELECTRACAMA original owner, 20G
      2006 XC90 with B5244T5 w K24 and STEVO tune
      1983 Flatnose
      www.dynamicimportservice.com
      720-600-6085

just do what i did.... put one 12" type R in the trunk. that seemed to do the trick for me.

soo im outa the proper forum butttttt.... who ever sent fatladz the wiring diagram, would you happen to have the wiring diagram for ohh lets say a 901 system so i can figure out how to finaggle my 901 amp into my 816 hu?
      1998 S70 T5M 134,000 miles, Classic Red, 17in Mille Miglia Ravia, Cooper Zeon Sport A/S, iPD Short Ram, iPd H.D. Poly Trans Mount & Upper Engine Stabilizer Mount, OMP Strut Brace, IPD H.D.,TCV, Autometer Sport Comp. II Boost Gauge, MSD Ignition Coil, 3" D.P. & Catback Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, IPD Tune, 8mm Kingsbornes, LED City Lights. Idk i have "stuff"

23. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements