Volvo Amazon (122) history from 1957 to 1970 (and other links). - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Interesting, I never knew that in '69 they deleted the bumper guards and the hood trim, at least in Germany. I see the bumper guards are back in the '70 brochure.

Thanks for posting these links George.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70 2.5T - Ice White - Oak Arena, (almost) bone stock daily driver.
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Air-filter conversion kits, fits vintage VOLVO 544,122, P1800 - on eBay by Bill Langdon in Texas...

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ngdon-in-Texas

George Dill

Quote Originally Posted by LloydDobler View Post
      Placed an order with Swedish Treasures for the M41 speedo cable as well as a few other gaskets and things I need. I seem to have bad leaks around the fuel pump gaskets, but not much else.

Also got a dual downpipe from a friend who just bought a header, so I'm going to do that and some custom exhaust as the last drivetrain mods I do to this car. I actually would like the car quieter than it is, so I'm going to switch to the dual downpipe, move the exhaust out of the way of the speedometer cable and at the same time add a muffler. On the other hand part of me wants to hear how the car sounds if I split the exhaust all the way back.

On to this week's adventure: This car has the classic sticky ignition switch that threatens to snap the key off. On the one hand I should and likely will replace the lock, Swedish Treasures sells them new for $95. But the previous owner installed a separate start button to keep the key safe. However, instead of putting it somewhere logical, like right by the key, he put it over on the far left so you can't work the choke while starting the car. So ever since I've had this car I wanted to relocate it. I also want it to look factory, rather than having an extra button under the dash. One day it hit me - I don't smoke, nobody should ever smoke in a classic car like this, so why not convert the cigarette lighter to a start button?

It disassembles like this:

Radio Shack switch:

It actually fit in the hole in the bottom of the lighter perfectly, I only had to add a washer to space it down where I wanted it.

Bottom view. I also added a spade connector so the switch grounds through the lighter chassis.

And with the lighter barrel in place.

The switch is only rated for 3 amps, and I think starter solenoids pull a bit more than that, so I just wired a generic relay that I had lying around in to handle the current. But it works really nicely! You can't really even tell that it's not meant to be a start button.

http://youtu.be/B4VqJl9LgNs
      George Dill

Update..

http://volvo-122s.blogspot.com/

George Dill

Pics from above link...

http://tinyurl.com/k5b8j5u

George Dill

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2