Keyless Entry & Burglary
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Keyless Entry & Burglary

A friend's car (Renault Megane) was just briken into, and he swears he locked the car, which I do beleive. He had his laptop in the trunk and they stole his laptop with no sign of any damage to the car at all...

I was wondering if it is possible to capture and resend the transmitted code to the car and to open it? As far as I knew modern cars had rolling codes which made this impossible!

So I would really like to know if anyone has more information about the sunject, as it is a very important one which concern us all!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Keyless Entry & Burglary (volvocu)

Quote, originally posted by volvocu »

A friend's car (Renault Megane) was just briken into, and he swears he locked the car, which I do beleive. He had his laptop in the trunk and they stole his laptop with no sign of any damage to the car at all...

I was wondering if it is possible to capture and resend the transmitted code to the car and to open it? As far as I knew modern cars had rolling codes which made this impossible!

So I would really like to know if anyone has more information about the sunject, as it is a very important one which concern us all!

Doubt it. Starting with the late '90s, virtually all manufacturers are using rolling codes which made this practice (cloning remote control codes) obsolete.

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal Nappa L, Advance, Rear Air Suspension, Bowers & Wilkins, Luxury, RtrbleTow Hitch, Polestar optimization, 20" wheels, Side Scuff Plate
      2020 V90 T6 AWD R-design Crystal White M, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, 20" wheels, Polestar optimization

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements