SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

ok Sort of dumb Question

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  craigrodrigues88 
#1 ·
Hey volvo people,
My dumb question of the month is, Reading the forums and I see a lot of LPT/HPT for the models. what do they stand for n how do I tell which my C70 is?
this is the listing i got with the car...
2.3L super/turbo 5 cyl
vin.. YV1NK53D031669

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: (Big J)

Thx BigJ,
now I know I have the Hpt model and can go from there.
C70 Black wit biege interior n 11 speaker Dolby surround sound,
but im workin on new leds n such will post pics when i get the new shoes for it this summer, goin 18's i think.

#5 ·
Re: (Big J)

dprem i had alot of the questions you might have. so if need be check out some of my posts. im new to the volvo world too. just bought an '02 c70 but mine is silver. and i guess welcome to volvo's are in order.

#7 ·
Hey guys, I am new to the forums and the volvo world as well. Just picked up a 1999 Volvo C70 a couple months ago. So far I have changed;

235/45/r17 Nokian Z
Full Synthetic Oil
Engine pad
Spring seat
Serpentine belt
Timing belt
Rebuilt ABS module
Turbo drain seal
20% tint all around
Spring for the Passenger Power Seat
Painted Stock Grille Black
K&N Drop in Air Filter
6000K HID Kit

I am absolutely loving the car so far and am looking to lower it next. I was wondering if there are springs that are interchangeable between Volvo models, and if the shocks and struts need to be changed in order to lower it.

I will post a few pictures of my car as soon as I get some decent ones taken.

Modified by craigrodrigues88 at 10:45 AM 3-14-2010

#8 ·
For the C70 Coupe or Vert you will want to buy wagon springs 93-00

The sedan springs are just alittle to soft for the C70s.

Granted IPD makes the same spring for all the cars for there 1.75 drop.

you can use the stock shocks and stuts if you want but I would suggest Konis or Bilsteins when you lower the car .

Here is my 98 C70 T5M with IPD 1.75 Blue springs

And my wifes 99 C70 T5 with TME 1.5 springs

And the IPD 1.75 springs on a S70T5M
same as the purple car

#9 ·
OMG HOTNESS! You just made me love the C70 that much more! what kind of rims are on those C70's? They sit PERFECTLY!

#11 ·
#12 ·
Re: (Chilled Man)

Beautiful cars! I think I have just found the rim/ suspension combo to go with Kilen Springs Bilstein shocks and struts and probably 18" volutions powder coated gloss black, since my theme is silver and black.

#13 ·
I have used sub 20k Bilstein HD forsale ... comes with newer spring seats and strut mounts for $350+ shipping

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.