SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

v70rm, v50 t5m or s40 t5m?

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  imhereftw 
#1 ·
Hey guys I want to upgrade my car before I go to college in August. 16,000$ is the most I have to spend, unless someone gives me a really big graduation present

I was looking at: v70Rm, v50 t5m AWD or s40 t5m AWD The only requirements are they have to be under 16,000$, manual, with under 100k miles.

I should be able to find all of those under 16k, I hope. I'm looking at wagons so I can throw all of my stuff in them. I'm looking at the s40 because my friend has one and I love it.

I'm in Maryland so I'll have to pass up any deals you find over in California

Thanks gang

See less See more
#7 ·
as someone in college right now, i wouldn't buy another car right before college, especially if you will be living in a dorm. So long as you have reliable transportation(looks like you already have), the value of the car will depreciate like a rock. College students are the most uncaring people to park next to. College is expensive enough without having to worry about buying a new car. Then having a car with 55-100k miles, it will most likely need a few things to keep it like you would want it(i'm just now finding out for myself).

but, thats just my first hand opinion.

If your parents are loaded and you aren't paying for anything(school or car)... Do it big!

#8 ·
Re: (Impulse922)

Quote, originally posted by Impulse922 »
as someone in college right now, i wouldn't buy another car right before college, especially if you will be living in a dorm. So long as you have reliable transportation(looks like you already have), the value of the car will depreciate like a rock. College students are the most uncaring people to park next to. College is expensive enough without having to worry about buying a new car. Then having a car with 55-100k miles, it will most likely need a few things to keep it like you would want it(i'm just now finding out for myself).

but, thats just my first hand opinion.

If your parents are loaded and you aren't paying for anything(school or car)... Do it big!

Well the car will be all out of my pocket. But I like your way of thinking. This car will probably just be garage kept at home. Since most of the colleges I'm looking at don't allow freshman to park on campus.

I was looking at this v70r http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=137109 but I was hoping to find something a little closer then Minnesota!

#9 ·
Re: (imhereftw)

I would get an el cheapo car for college insteas of paying few K's now and the car will just sit at home. After college that car will be 1/2 the value also. I would check out 95-96 Benz C- class, dirt cheap now but still good cars.

#12 ·
Re: (imhereftw)

Quote, originally posted by imhereftw »
I might as well just keep the s80 then. If I'm getting something cheaper 850 it would be.

i kinda wish i woulda got a cherry 95+ 960

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.