SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

No drill removable front plate option - for a Mustang but fits the R

12K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  S60inToronto 
#1 ·
Well I was looking for a no-drill solution for the front licence plate before I racked up too many tickets and found a version that works on one of the Mustang forums I'm on. The guy offered to refund me the cost of the product if my test fit did not work - but it did!

Anyway, you won't have any scraping issues with this bracket and it takes a couple minutes to install and remove. I've had it on a couple weeks now and it hasn't budged (and a few of the local Mustang guys run them on their Cobras with no issues.

Here's a link and you want the version for a 94-98 Mustang Cobra:

http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com

I don't think he shows them on the website but when I emailed him he sent me a PDF for the bracket with install instructions and pictures. I works perfectly for the R front bumper. It's a little off-centre in the pic below because I quickly slipped it on while the cop was writing the ticket for not having it installed (I just got it so hadn't mounted it yet - going to court on Wednesday to talk to CA and ask to have it cancelled now that it's on).

If anyone wants the PDF send me your email and I'll forward it....or just email/call Craig directly.

Modified by S60inToronto at 7:51 PM 4-3-2010

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought I might have to ask him to customize one for me but I sent him my measurement specs and it turned out the 94-98 Cobra version which isn't on the website, is almost dead-on.

#5 ·
Re: No drill removable front plate option - for a Mustang but fits the R (S60inToronto)

Pretty cool.

Man, I hate being pulled over

#6 ·
Re: (liv)

It didn't seem to faze him at all. They don't like you getting out of your car when they are around your car but I guess once they're back in theirs it's ok?

#8 ·
sucks to be you guys. I used to be for front plates, but I've come to learn they don't correlate to reducing anything. glad I dont live in a front plate state.

#9 ·
Um.. I just used some Automotive 3M Attachment tape and I had no problems for months now. I don't even think they can even catch the fact that it's not mounted properly without a much much closer glance. I also keep a roll of the tape in the trunk in case I would want to remove the plate for a GTG or something.
I'm thinking of putitng on some fake "bolts" on the licence plate holes just to be more convincing.

#12 ·
Re: (DevolvR)

+1. I agree. I've been using 3M double sided tape for 10+ years. Typically a front plate violation in California is a $15 fix it ticket. So, with the help of the tape I get the ticket cleared.

Its a pretty common occurance to see people here without a front plate, just like tinted windows. But the sheriffs dept doesn't seem to make a big deal about it. Its the highway patrol that seems to have issues with the front plates missing...

#13 ·
Re: No drill removable front plate option - for a Mustang but fits the R (S60inToronto)

Love the action photo! Classic. Nice find on the plate option. I haven't put mine back on after I fixed the bumper because I liked the look without it so much more. I will probably have to put it on at some point to avoid citation in the LA area where I live.

#14 ·
Re: No drill removable front plate option - for a Mustang but fits the R (jrr422007)

Quote, originally posted by jrr422007 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...edded you could always get one of these

I bought the manual version of that but it would scrape the ground (has to be installed at the bottom only on our cars) at times so did not install it - I'll be selling it to one of the Mustang guys as it works on some stang bumpers.

#17 ·
Thanks for all the replies.

ccmustang is a little more than what I would pay for a license plate mount. I may just just come up with a my own mounting bracket or just use velcro. This velcro I have sticks very well, my only concern is tearing off my paint as I remove the velcro on the bumper.

#19 ·
#22 ·
ohhhh :eek:. Bav Auto just down the road. I'll have to stop by and see about that one!

#21 ·
Just got one last night, parking in the city. Saw the metermaid and asked if I can put the plate on the dashboard next time. I guess she assumed I was trying to get out of it, because her answer was :

Look, it wasn't there before, and we take pictures of the car, because of this ****!

Fair enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.