SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

A couple dumb questions for you

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  VC1125 
#1 ·
1. How do you get the bright lights to stay on? I know I saw it discussed on here before but it must have been in a misleading topic title because I couldn't find the thread again.

2. I recently took off the running boards that the original owner got while on OSD. Should I put the bolts that secured the boards back in or leave them off? My concern is water getting in the now empty bolt holes and possibly rusting out over time. If it's not an issue then I won't worry about it.

Thanks for your time.

#4 ·
Re: A couple dumb questions for you (VC1125)

I'd shoot some Wurth HHS 2000 or anything else anti-corrosive and weather resistant on the holes threaded section then eBay off the boards with the fasteners.

#5 ·
Re: A couple dumb questions for you (robtr8)

Thanks for the high beam hint. I knew I had seen that on here before but I just couldn't find it. Also, I'll head out to the store and get something to put in the holes.

I took off the running boards for a few reasons. Mostly, they're useless to me. I didn't need to use them to easily get in the XC and they always hit the back of my leg as I got out. Also, and not necessairly important except in my own mind, it's nice to shed a few extra pounds and aero drag to possibly gain .1 mpg.

The boards are so big that I'd hate to try to ship them if I sold them via Ebay or elsewhere online. Ideally, a local buyer would be great and I would certainly sell them then. I may also try to use them as a bargaining chip and try to trade them in at the dealer for a free or discounted rate on my upcoming 15K service. Who knows, they could slap them on one of their used XCs and bump the price up an extra $500 or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.