850R clutch vs T5M clutch (picts)
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

850R clutch vs T5M clutch (picts)

During my recent 850R clutch install, we took a few pictures to compare the two setups. So far, the 850R setup is working well with Stage 3 with no slippage.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Can you ask someone to get the time right on SS, it's worse than before
      Now it's 10 minutes ahead of real life time..

How's the take up?
      Email: jrl1194 ( at ) AOL (dot) com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak/Tan/Arena, 114K miles. My DD with no plans to sell it anytime soon
      2000 V70R, Wife's, she won't sell. Now she hit 150,000 miles and still near perfect!

The only noticable difference between the two setups if the distance of the pedal travel. The pedeal travel feels like its been cut in half. I am use to it now but at first I thought the floor mat was caught under the pedal. Engagement is not sudden nor jarring, and I am happy to say it is not much different in the over all feel.

We also installed a new throw out bearing, it was the expensive one! It is still smooth and easy to shift in DC traffic.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

nice work. I am having this done next week. Any problems with the crank sensor and the new flywheel?

Very interested in those pics, thanks for taking the time, although I don't claim to understand what it all means. The weight differential I get, though. Do you notice the revs drop any quicker between shifts with the single mass?
      1998 V70 T5m @200k miles; 18t, turboback, Quaife LSD, Koni FSD/Eibach, IPD sways, DO88 I/C, SNAAB intake, ARD Blue, greens, etc., 50% E85
      1995 850 Turbo Sold at @168k miles.
      2004 V70R 6mt SOLD in 2008

There do not appear to be any problems with the crank sensor - what would the symptoms be? I do have a slight issue that after sitting all night, going to start up takes a bit more, but I believe this is fuel related. I hope to park the T5 and send the injectors off to be cleaned.

I haven't really been tracking the revs to be able to compare between the two flywheels and give feedback.

GREAT illustration!

Thanks for sharing!

Anyone know which clutch an S70 T5M has if it has a single mass flywheel from the factory?
      2011 S60 T6, Flamenco Red / Biege, Polestar Tune; 1998 V70 T5.
      Previous (sold): 95 855 GLT; 98 S70 T5M; 2000 S40; 2006 XC90 Ocean Race

Thumbs up

Very nice pictures Chris, thanks for the info!!

I'm surprised Jim didn't comment on the "duel" vs. "dual" confusion
      1999 V70 R -- gone, but not forgotten.
      2000 V70 R -- 04 B5234T9 w/ 18T, Stevo tune, M66, CX Racing coilovers. Always working on something...

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      There do not appear to be any problems with the crank sensor - what would the symptoms be? I do have a slight issue that after sitting all night, going to start up takes a bit more, but I believe this is fuel related. I hope to park the T5 and send the injectors off to be cleaned.

I haven't really been tracking the revs to be able to compare between the two flywheels and give feedback.
      Long starts might be the symptom. See this thread:http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index...-and-flywheel/

My symptom acts as if the fuel pressure is low as the long start issue is only after the T5 sits overnight or all day. Starts within a few hours are the normal 1-2 seconds -- the long start is 3-4secs.

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements