Tracking Car to USA
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Exclamation Tracking Car to USA

How can we track the status of the vehicle during its trip to the USA? I was told that it was to leave factory on 9/10.Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Went to link and received message that session has expired. Does not open to new link or refreshes page.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

OK,
      Here is a home page:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

Select Track and Trace/All users and then, enter the VIN as a Cargo ID. Sorry, I keep forgetting that the actual search page is expiring.

Here is the sticky. I don't know why it isn't a sticky at the top of this page but maybe one of the moderators can do it.
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...cking+delivery

Quote Originally Posted by ES-V50T5 View Post
      Here is the sticky. I don't know why it isn't a sticky at the top of this page but maybe one of the moderators can do it.
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...cking+delivery
      Done (it's a sticky, now).
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Once our car arrives in Newark,NJ , what is the time frame that it is delivered to the dealer on Long Island?

Depends on how quick it clears customs and then the truck ride to the dealer. If the truck isn't full, it may wait for a few days until it is.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

Shows actual position of a ship real time...

Might be handy, once you know the ship your car is on...

Can anyone tell me if the cars previously driven through OSD get the same protective treatment that a 'new' car (not driven in Europe) gets? Do they get the white plastic stuff on the body panels, etc? Mine's just starting it's voyage across the pond.
      Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by No_Fjord View Post
      Can anyone tell me if the cars previously driven through OSD get the same protective treatment that a 'new' car (not driven in Europe) gets? Do they get the white plastic stuff on the body panels, etc? Mine's just starting it's voyage across the pond.
      Thanks!
      If your Overseas Delivery Volvo was driven in Europe it will not be wrapped in "the white plastic stuff" that regular new cars receive.
      William

Go on a Journey for Life...
      " See Sweden by Volvo "
      Click ^^ to take first step

Shipping Logistics? Our car is in Belgium and will depart in a few days. I've been told that our car will be offloaded in LA and shipped by truck to Seattle. I just noticed our ship's itinerary arrives in Tacoma, WA., four days after leaving LA. I wonder why they would not leave our car on the ship until arriving in Tacoma, I would think it would be faster and more cost efficient?

Cobalt, mine did the same thing; it was released in Baltimore, but the ship went on to Portsmouth, VA, which is only a few miles from where I live. I can only guess that certain ports don't have the facilities to take and store cars as they wait for customs to inspect them.

Cobalt, mine did the same thing; it was released in Baltimore, but the ship went on to Portsmouth, VA, which is only a few miles from where I live. I can only guess that certain ports don't have the facilities to take and store cars as they wait for customs to inspect them.
      That's correct. In addition at the ports where Volvo cars arrive in the US there is also a Volvo facility to process the vehicles.

William
      William

" See Sweden by Volvo "

Thanks William.

I have another question: My car was showing 'customs release' and 'liner release' on Monday morning. I expected it to be at the dealer by late Tuesday, at the latest, since the port is less than a half-day's drive from the dealer. I have heard nothing, and it's now four days later. What could be causing the delay? I assumed that 'liner release' meant that it had been put on a vehicle carrier...

Thanks!

Thanks William.

I have another question: My car was showing 'customs release' and 'liner release' on Monday morning. I expected it to be at the dealer by late Tuesday, at the latest, since the port is less than a half-day's drive from the dealer. I have heard nothing, and it's now four days later. What could be causing the delay? I assumed that 'liner release' meant that it had been put on a vehicle carrier...

Thanks!
      Cars do not just go off the ship and onto a truck to the retailers. They have to go through port processing (along with hundreds and/or thousands of other cars), customs clearance, quality check (for any upgrades that might have been posted during the time it was on the vessel), etc.

Additionally, let's say that the retailer where your car is heading to has your car and only one more scheduled. The truck holds up to 8 cars. They will not make the trip for 2 cars only. They will try to configure (if possible) a full load. Which means they will try to gather 6 more cars that are going to nearby retailers or if there is another vessel that has arrived within a couple of days when yours arrived, they will wait to get cars from that vessel's batch. It's a very carefully "choreographed" (if you will) process.

My, uneducated, guess is that you will be seeing your car on Friday or Monday.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Thanks for the info. It had already been at the port for a week before it went through customs, so I thought it was almost here. It's more difficult waiting the final week than it was waiting for months!

Thanks for the info. It had already been at the port for a week before it went through customs, so I thought it was almost here. It's more difficult waiting the final week than it was waiting for months!
      Yes, this is the toughest part of Overseas Delivery.

Hang in there...

You will be driving your Volvo in the US soon!
      William

" See Sweden by Volvo "

It arrived yesterday!!!! I'm going to pick it up later today! Whoohooo!!!

Congratulations!

Enjoy your Volvo.
      William

" See Sweden by Volvo "

Our XC60 is due to arrive in Los Angeles tomorrow and I just received a letter from Volvo saying to expect the car to be delivered to the local retailer December 27th. Surprised by the delay, I e-mailed FDC yesterday and they replied back saying, "No later than Dec 21". I realize the car has to clear customs and also wait to be loaded on a full transport truck but is 34 days to go from LA to Seattle sound realistic? I was expecting early December. We dropped the car in Paris on October 6th so we're talking 11 weeks if this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt206 View Post
      Our XC60 is due to arrive in Los Angeles tomorrow and I just received a letter from Volvo saying to expect the car to be delivered to the local retailer December 27th. Surprised by the delay, I e-mailed FDC yesterday and they replied back saying, "No later than Dec 21". I realize the car has to clear customs and also wait to be loaded on a full transport truck but is 34 days to go from LA to Seattle sound realistic? I was expecting early December. We dropped the car in Paris on October 6th so we're talking 11 weeks if this is true.
      Volvo usually tells you the latest possible date, just so when the car shows up early you are happy and if the car shows up that late you were prepared for it.

Ours took 10 weeks and we didn't have to go through the Panama Canal.

It all takes time but it is worth it in the end.

The car arrived Sunday night and is now detailed waiting for us to pickup in a couple hours! Volvo must share my business mantra, "Under promise and over deliver"!

Forum Sponsor universityvolvoOSD's Avatar
      It is nice when it works that way! Enjoy your new Volvo )

Thank you Bob. My wife drove it for the first time tonight and loves her new car. She was afraid to drive in Europe so I gladly accepted the dedicated driver role

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

I'm booked on Friday, May 20 on the Otello! I've enjoyed tracking it on its way from San Juan, Puerto Rico using www.vesseltracker.com. Now, I've seen it enter the Port of Bremerhaven using www.marinetraffic.com. Look forward to the rest of the trip and seeing my Volvo on arrival in America!
      2012 S60 T5 emerald black metallic/beechwood/BLIS/Njords,/park assist/tempa spare, Michelins,
      Past: 2004 S40, 2001 S60, 1994 850, 1991 940 Turbo
      Late Dad had: 1971 164, 1959 122S

RECEIVED AT TERMINAL ZEEBRUGGE 09-05-2011 09:54:00 1
      BOOKED GOTHENBURG 27-04-2011 09:43:43 1

Tamesis

Voyage CF113-TAM

Looks like the boat departure from Zeebrugge was pushed back a day or so. Hope the ship does not have a flat!

Best boat tracking site ... http://aprs.fi/

Has Volvo changed the way they book shipments? The earlier link to Wallenius Wilhemsen Logistics has no record of my XC60, and the vessel the FDC gave us lists a ship owned by ACL. Then again, I may be a little premature. I dropped the car off at the FDC this past Monday and our car's estimated departure from GOT is 7/11. I'm just curious to see if it goes on an earlier ship.
      2011.5 XC60, Passion Red, off black interior, 3.2 R Design AWD
      2016 XC70 T5 AWD Magic Blue, off black interior

Nevermind. I was trying too early. WWL now has a record of my car and it was loaded on the ship yesterday. It is on its way!
      2011.5 XC60, Passion Red, off black interior, 3.2 R Design AWD
      2016 XC70 T5 AWD Magic Blue, off black interior

Does "DISCHARGED" status in the WWL site mean, the Car has Cleared Customs .... Or just that it has been taken off the Ship ?
      OSD Picked up May 27 Dropped off June 7 2011 - Flamenco Red 2011 XC60 T6 AWD, Navigation, Climate, Convenience

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dewanderer View Post
      Does "DISCHARGED" status in the WWL site mean, the Car has Cleared Customs .... Or just that it has been taken off the Ship ?
      Hi, D! If you remember, my car was also on the Asian King. Yesterday my status was showing DISCHARGED just like yours. Today it is showing DELIVERED FROM so yours might be as well.

In an earlier post on this forum, I found the following list of statuses:
      LINER RELEASE BALTIMORE, MD 24-05-2011 11:11:36
      CUSTOMS RELEASE BALTIMORE, MD 24-05-2011 00:00:00
      DELIVERED FROM BALTIMORE, MD 23-05-2011 09:00:00 1
      DISCHARGED BALTIMORE, MD 20-05-2011 08:00:00 1
      LOADED ON VESSEL GOTHENBURG 08-05-2011 10:52:40 1
      RECEIVED AT TERMINAL GOTHENBURG 05-05-2011 07:16:36 1
      BOOKED GOTHENBURG 26-04-2011 12:53:58 1

I realize this is Baltimore but same concept. Reading from bottom to top, this implies that CUSTOMS RELEASE is the next step and could happen as early as tomorrow.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...much-longer-..

I also remember seeing another post that gave a very detailed explanation of the various statuses. If I come across that, I will let you know.

Don't know about you but I am getting excited! Good Luck!
      Darryl

Hdarbar ---- Hi

Hi Darryl, huh .... Mine still shows current status as DISCHARGED... Presume u are looking at the WWL site - https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...ckSearchResult...

Yup , I remembered that your car was also on the Asian King. If so, wonder how one is DISCHARGED and other is RELEASED ... Anyways, looks like CUstoms Clearance is still 1-2 steps away..!! So probably Next week is the earliest ..!! Of Course I am excited...Was stalking the Asian King till now.... Dont know which site to turn to now... Thought DISCHARGED was the last status I could see on the WWL site.
      OSD Picked up May 27 Dropped off June 7 2011 - Flamenco Red 2011 XC60 T6 AWD, Navigation, Climate, Convenience

I went to http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp, entered my VIN as Cargo ID, and, at the top of the page, there is my VIN and in the middle there is the Current Status. Mine reads "DELIVERED FROM 12-07-2011 16:00:00" next to Current Status.

There is a Status Details table at the bottom of the page and LINER RELEASE is at the top of that table but the top 2 lines look like this:

Status Status Location Date (DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM:SS) Status Quantity
      LINER RELEASE PORT HUENEME, CA 13-07-2011 09:31:53
      CUSTOMS RELEASE PORT HUENEME, CA 13-07-2011 00:00:00
      DELIVERED FROM PORT HUENEME, CA 12-07-2011 16:00:00 1

Note that DELIVERED FROM, and the other statuses before it, are the only ones showing a Status Quantity. I "assume" that means that those have occurred and the two remaining have not.

I am making some assumptions here but this is my best guess.

Hmmm ..Looks like mine is still DISCHARGED

Hi.. I had done the same... Mine still says DISCHARGED Port Huneme 12-07-2011 1:18:00 ... I guess Customs Needed more time with mine .. :-D

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast