Tracking Car to USA - Page 15
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
      Liligoat, so there are two boats carrying OSD vehicles on the same route? VERY cool. My car is on the Toledo. She just left Halifax and will be in Newark 25th July. So fun!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by caribchakita View Post
      Liligoat, so there are two boats carrying OSD vehicles on the same route? VERY cool. My car is on the Toledo. She just left Halifax and will be in Newark 25th July. So fun!!
      Looks that way, my car was dropped if in the US 7/21 and the Tombarra continued down towards Florida. I imagine these are regular scheduled runs for all Volvo cars. I am hoping the car gets to Mass soon.683867052.jpeg

Hey there! Like others here, I am eagerly awaiting my XC40 to arrive in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have been tracking the cargo status online and the ship via the MarineTraffic app (which Iím now obsessed with). Looking at the status last night, I got a little confused. Hoping the experts in this thread will know what this means

As you can see, it appears that the ship carry my car, is still somewhere off the Baja of California

But the web tracking shows the car going through customs release yesterday?

Anyone ever seen this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Looks to me like your car is in port waiting to be sent to your dealer. The ship is on its way elsewhere.

Our XC40 was in port for a week, then a few days later it arrived at the dealership.

Congrats, your adventure is almost complete

2019 XC40 T5 Inscription (OSD), Luminous Sand, Adv, Prem, Vis, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel Packages, Harmon Kardon, Four-C Active Chassis
      2012 S60 T5

Quote Originally Posted by drboo View Post
      Looks to me like your car is in port waiting to be sent to your dealer. The ship is on its way elsewhere.

Our XC40 was in port for a week, then a few days later it arrived at the dealership.

Congrats, your adventure is almost complete

I was thinking the same thing, but the boat hasnít even reached California yet. I have been watching (in a unhealthy level of detail) as the ship moves up the coast. Scheduled to arrive at the port tomorrow, so Iím confused why the customs stuff already shows on my VINs tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      I was thinking the same thing, but the boat hasnít even reached California yet. I have been watching (in a unhealthy level of detail) as the ship moves up the coast. Scheduled to arrive at the port tomorrow, so Iím confused why the customs stuff already shows on my VINs tracking.

My XC60 is on the Faust as well. Arrival in Port is Friday the 26th @5:45 am.

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?min...er%3DCD912-FAT

Looks like you hit the Customs lottery. Maybe a pre approval? It will take a bit of time to que the trucking dispatch. I'm guessing 2 weeks to get up to Portland. Then final detail at the dealer
      Sold: 98 V70 2.5T 289k Miles
      Sold 05 V70 2.5
      Sold: 05 XC90 2.5T 313986 Miles
      Traded 2017 V60 Platinum Mussel Blue OSD
      2019 XC60 Inscription (almost OSD)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

As I understand it from other threads, Customs officials are already processing cars on the ship for the next port - not necessarily waiting until the vessel reaches the dock. It is more efficient and helps to mitigate amount of backlog once onshore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 14 Nov 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Drboo, holy smoke, only a week? My XC 40 arrived on the Toledo in Newark, two days ago. My delivery date is Aug. 22. What a party I'd have if it came earlier...xx

Delivery date to you or your dealer? Where did you get the date from, all I have is still in customs.

Picking mine up today at 3pm - 6 days from discharge at the port

Congrats, I'm not jealous at all

We dropped off July 4th.

Itís just now working its way through the Panama Canal.
      MY19 OSD - XC40 T5 AWD Momentum (Osmium grey metallic)

Wow, it cleared customs fast! But I didnít get an email.

Former Portland area OSDers, how long did it take to truck it to Oregon? Best case scenario...

Quote Originally Posted by neovolvophyte View Post
      Wow, it cleared customs fast! But I didnít get an email.

Former Portland area OSDers, how long did it take to truck it to Oregon? Best case scenario...

Iíd also like to know this. Iím hot on your heels. Which dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoova View Post
      Iíd also like to know this. Iím hot on your heels. Which dealer?
      Jim Fisher in Portland. Supposedly our vehicle arrived at the dealer over the weekend. I'm really fiending to be reunited now knowing it's so close...

Jim Fisher in Portland. Supposedly our vehicle arrived at the dealer over the weekend. I'm really fiending to be reunited now knowing it's so close...
      Thatís also where ours is headed. I was hoping it would come in before Tom Kirby retires this Thursday, but I donít think thereís a chance.

Salesman off work today. Have to wait another day!

Hoova suggested I take my extra key in and...

https://youtu.be/SwGR4Q6f86I

Salesman off work today. Have to wait another day!

Hoova suggested I take my extra key in and...

https://youtu.be/SwGR4Q6f86I

Did you get the car? Post some good Portland pics by the Ovlov sign! My xc90 got cleared by customs today, so the final countdown is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoova View Post
      Did you get the car? Post some good Portland pics by the Ovlov sign! My xc90 got cleared by customs today, so the final countdown is on.
      I finally got reunited late Wednesday. Things are pretty chaotic at the dealership now because of the remodel, so they were not able to get the car detailed but rather than make me wait another day they gave me a detail voucher and let me take it home. We dropped it off in Amsterdam pretty clean so it was not a big deal. Our salesman used a little elbow grease and wiped it down and cleaned the windows himself! I met and chatted with Ruth Fisher.

No pics of the Volvo sign. Maybe by the time I need my first service the remodel will be complete.

Just saw this post. Wow, so exciting. Congratulations on your new rides. We got our XC40 from Tom Kirby at Fishers last September. Seems like was only yesterday. Tom was our OSD salesperson. He was great. Sorry that he retired but certainly wish him the best. Since we can't recommend him any longer, we'll have to ask Ruth who she might suggest. We spoke with her when we picked up our car. She's such a dear and a character. I hope she'll be there on our next OSD.

I asked about the remodel when i was in a couple weeks ago. At the time they said the original schedule was about Aug 15th or so. So we are a couple weeks past that. The only thing Jim Jr would say is soon.....

I took that to mean it's too painful so don't dig any further. LOL Dale Neely is my guy there. Done 2 OSD (really 1.5) with Dale and no problems at all. Ruth has really aged in the last couple years. I was kind of shocked to see her when i was in. But she is there every time i go in. And friendly as can be. I have heard her story several times (the long version) I feel fortunate to have heard it, She is a treasure
      Sold: 98 V70 2.5T 289k Miles
      Sold 05 V70 2.5
      Sold: 05 XC90 2.5T 313986 Miles
      Traded 2017 V60 Platinum Mussel Blue OSD
      2019 XC60 Inscription (almost OSD)

Quote Originally Posted by maiathebee View Post
      I was able to finally get my VIN to load in the records trace by appending it to the end of this url:

Code:
      https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?frameId=151743999286781397&url=https%3A%2F%2Fatt.2wglobal.com%2Fgstattweb%2Focean.do%3Fmethod%3DdisplayOceanQuickSearchResult%26oceanQuickSearchCriteria.cargoId%3D
      My car wasn't loaded until freakin Jan 30 (TODAY) at Gothenburg, 2 full weeks after I dropped it off at the factory. Then it's going to sit in Zeebrugge again for 2 more freakin weeks before the boat finally gets going on Feb 13 with an estimated arrival at Port Hueneme on March 9. My paperwork says I should get my car on March 18, but that seems unlikely at this point >:[

It's pretty frustrating that my car missed THREE possible boats that would have put it at Port Hueneme a full 2 weeks earlier than it's schedule to arrive now (see this link: https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?min...ScheduleRWD%2F )

Oh well :/
      I like to thank all of you who were responsible for updating the lookup with link + attaching the VINÖ I had never done it like this before and was surprised that the Cargo ID was removed from the standard Wallenius Wilhelmsen Track and Trace optionÖ I was able to obtain the information and our 2020 XC60T8PE will be on its way soonÖ Thanks much!
      2020 Crystal White XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered with 21" All Season Tires, Rear Bumper Cover and Mudflaps

I got my VIN on 9/23 but the WW website does not find any record. For how long would it be before I see the schedule with my VIN there? Is my car still in the production? When I bought a BMW a few years ago, I was able to see the progress of my car in their production. It was enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by jaep View Post
      I got my VIN on 9/23 but the WW website does not find any record. For how long would it be before I see the schedule with my VIN there? Is my car still in the production? When I bought a BMW a few years ago, I was able to see the progress of my car in their production. It was enjoyable.
      Once your car is built, booked and received at the terminal, you'll be able to see some action on the WW Track & Trace site, using the referenced link and immediately adding your VIN after the final D... It took me about 6 days to see it...
      2020 Crystal White XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered with 21" All Season Tires, Rear Bumper Cover and Mudflaps

Tracking Car to USA

I got my VIN on 9/23 but the WW website does not find any record.
      The WW site is strictly for shipment for the the RoRo (Roll-on Roll-off) cargo ships. It is not a production scheduling service for any manufacturer.

For how long would it be before I see the schedule with my VIN there?
      probably four weeks - maybe a bit less if you are lucky and maybe a bit more if you are not as lucky.

Is my car still in the production?
      Could be. Having a chassis assigned which is then appended as the last set of numbers to your VIN is a pre-production process. Simply because you received your VIN does not necessarily mean that it is in production. It is close, though. Some factors are sufficient components in inventory for your specíd vehicle, factory vacation/production schedules, production schedule and priority.

When I bought a BMW a few years ago, I was able to see the progress of my car in their production. It was enjoyable.
      Yes, this would be really appealing. Some markets (e.g., parts of Europe) have access and visibility to this informational. The US market does not. Donít know why - maybe in the future?

Waiting to see a gift under the tree, then waiting even longer to open it is an exercise in patience - whether young children, or the rest of us. it will be worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 09-28-2019 at 07:57 AM.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 14 Nov 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Thanks folks for your comment. I now see two vessels under my VIN. One from Sweden to NYC/NJ USA via Belgium and the other from Belgium to Baltimore USA with two different ETAs. Weird. I am hoping that the first one is carrying my car as it arrives at NYC/NJ two weeks earlier and that aligns with the ETA that my salesperson has given me.

Apologies guys for the noob question... but is the VIN truly the only piece of info I need when attempting to track my car through this site?

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?frameId=157271150744461741&url=https%3A%2F%2Fatt.2wglobal.com%2Fgstattweb%2Fo cean.do%3Fmethod%3DgetDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

Itís not finding anything with it... The car was scheduled to leave on October 28, but I suppose it might have been delayed.

thanks,

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
      Apologies guys for the noob question... but is the VIN truly the only piece of info I need when attempting to track my car through this site?

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?frameId=157271150744461741&url=https%3A%2F%2Fatt.2wglobal.com%2Fgstattweb%2Fo cean.do%3Fmethod%3DgetDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

Itís not finding anything with it... The car was scheduled to leave on October 28, but I suppose it might have been delayed.

thanks,

Geoff
      Easiest way is to use the link that a few of the previous posters supplied. You have to paste the link into your browser and add your VIN at the end.

"https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?frameId=151743999286781397&url=https%3A%2F%2Fatt.2wglobal.com%2Fgstattweb%2Fo cean.do%3Fmethod%3DdisplayOceanQuickSearchResult%2 6oceanQuickSearchCriteria.cargoId%3D"
      Last edited by nolift; 11-03-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Thank you nolift!!! Note that I had to remove the 2 spaces in the URL you provided above, but it worked otherwise

Now onto the endless wait...

Geoff

Don't track it!! LOL

I kind of regret that I started tracking my car because it has made me obsessive and frustrated about the status. My car sat in Belgium for almost two weeks, awaiting a connection vessel, and it has been a week since it arrived at the port in Baltimore, awaiting a delivery truck. It would be another week before I get it. That is four weeks of dwell time and $$ sitting and collecting dusts Amazing business.

Many years ago, when we did not have this PC tracking thing, I just put a deposit down and forgot all about it until my salesman called in four months.

33. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15