Tracking Car to USA - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
      Our car is arriving at the port of Jacksonville before being shipped to our dealer in GA. Is it possible to pick up the car directly in Jacksonville?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by suwanee View Post
      Our car is arriving at the port of Jacksonville before being shipped to our dealer in GA. Is it possible to pick up the car directly in Jacksonville?
      Andrew,

No, you can only receive your car at a Volvo dealer. You can't pick it up at the port.
      William

Go on a Journey for Life...
      " See Sweden by Volvo "
      Click ^^ to take first step

For those of you that use the WW tracking web page - this URL brings you straight to the search result:
      https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...952DL9B4250594
      (Click the link to see the complete URL.)

The VIN in the example is a dummy VIN.
      Replace the VIN with your actual VIN, and you can save the URL as a bookmark that directly opens the result page.
      XC60 3.2 FWD Chameleon Blue (OSD July 2011)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Our actually never changed from the Discharged status. For reference. We dropped off in Gotenburg August 4. On Ship August 18th. At Dealer 9/13/11.

Site doesn't work. entered vin # no records found! You would think Volvo would have a better way.

It’s been a long time since the last post here and it appears that some older postings might need an update. I’ve been successfully tracking our XC60 and here are the methods I’ve used….

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/dat...HIP&level1=220

This site has a great location map. Starting with the link above, type in your vessel’s name (as given to you by the Volvo FDC), then Search. On the next page, click on the ship’s name. This next page will be your ship’s “home page”. Bookmark this page. To see the location, click on the Map link under Last Position Received. You will see its location and previous track. Very detailed maps when you zoom in. One limitation – this site only has the ability to track a ship when it is close to land. So if it’s out at sea then try this link:

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html

Here also just type in your ship’s name, then Search. Then click the name on the next page and the location map will pop up. Nowhere near as detailed, but seems to be able to locate the ship no matter where it is. Bookmark this URL also and refresh to see progress.
      Now to see your vehicle’s progress use this link:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Type in your VIN for the Cargo ID and then click Track. (If the Track button does not show up, then instead select Track and Trace from the Customer Centre tab at the top. Then go at the VIN entry again). The results page will have all the info on your vehicle’s status to date. Clicking on the Voyage Number will give the departure and arrival times at each port.

After arrival at port, EH Harms is the agent acting in your behalf to clear Customs. At this site you can get status on that:

https://eurodelivery.ehharms.com/edt...s/Default.aspx
      Last edited by JLoft; 05-27-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Is there any way to track the car after ehharms reports "Released to Manufacturer"?
      2012 S60 T5 Vibrant Copper/Beechwood, Premium, heated seats, front/rear park assist. Via OSD (April 2012). All-Weather Mats and Mud Guards added at delivery, LED License plate lights once at home.

3,000 miles in 6 countries over 21 days during OSD.

My car has reached the dealer with pickup scheduled for tomorrow after work. That's 11 days "early" compared to the date I was given at OSD.
      2012 S60 T5 Vibrant Copper/Beechwood, Premium, heated seats, front/rear park assist. Via OSD (April 2012). All-Weather Mats and Mud Guards added at delivery, LED License plate lights once at home.

So...the below is my status (the highline status on the WW tracking website reads "delivered from"). I have just a couple questions--does this mean that our S60 has gone through customs and is pending loading on to a truck? Or do I need to wait for both the customs release and liner release to have a status quantity associated with them? And...any guess as to whether or not the dealer might have the car before July 14th? I'm not able to locate the car in EH Harms' tracking system by VIN/last name and am not sure what number the contract ID would be. I'd kind of like to have the car that weekend, since we have a driving trip down the Pacific Coast Highway planned.

DELIVERED FROM PORT HUENEME, CA 02-07-2012 07:00:00 1
      LINER RELEASE PORT HUENEME, CA 29-06-2012 17:54:49
      DISCHARGED PORT HUENEME, CA 29-06-2012 02:33:00 1
      CUSTOMS RELEASE PORT HUENEME, CA 29-06-2012 00:00:00
      LOADED ON VESSEL ZEEBRUGGE 06-06-2012 15:45:00 1
      RECEIVED AT TERMINAL ZEEBRUGGE 05-06-2012 08:46:00 1
      DISCHARGED ZEEBRUGGE 03-06-2012 09:47:00 1
      LOADED ON VESSEL GOTHENBURG 01-06-2012 21:43:37 1
      RECEIVED AT TERMINAL GOTHENBURG 31-05-2012 09:27:38 1
      BOOKED GOTHENBURG 28-05-2012 12:02:51 1
      2012 S60 T5--Flamenco Red/Beechwood/Offblack; Climate/Premium/Dynamic; OSD: May 21, 2012 (Factory Delivery Center)
      2009 S40 2.4i--Silver Metallic/Quartz; Climate; OSD: December 19, 2008 (Munich, Germany)

Question; I have been tracking my C30 (and vessel) the past few weeks, the expected delivery date from Volvo is arrival in Phoenix Oct 15th. It appears the vessel (Torino) got into PORT HUENEME around 3PM Wednesday, it left that port sometimes yesterday but I have not seen a change in my car status.

Does this just mean it is sitting around port waiting to get discharged and customs check, etc? I figured it might show a status of discharged or similar if it simply made it off the boat but I have not seen any change.
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      1999 BMW M3 Estoril Blue (SOLD)
      2012 Fiat 500 Sport
      2012 Volvo C30 R Design Polestar Tune (OSD - DELIVERED!)

Forum Sponsor universityvolvoOSD's Avatar
      Port processing takes 7-10 days usually. That includes US Customs. All you will see is "discharged" as a status.
      Once it is cleared for trucking, (COFT) your dealer may get a notification. This is a frustrating time for those of us who
      arrange OSD's as well as for customers.... because we know it is close, just not exactly when it will arrive.
      Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE
      http://www.universityvolvo.com/volvo...as-program.htm

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor View Post
      Question; I have been tracking my C30 (and vessel) the past few weeks, the expected delivery date from Volvo is arrival in Phoenix Oct 15th. It appears the vessel (Torino) got into PORT HUENEME around 3PM Wednesday, it left that port sometimes yesterday but I have not seen a change in my car status.

Does this just mean it is sitting around port waiting to get discharged and customs check, etc? I figured it might show a status of discharged or similar if it simply made it off the boat but I have not seen any change.
      Send me the last 6 digits of your VIN, your last name, which Volvo retailer it is going to and I will let you know where it is.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Thanks all, William sent me an email with my new expected date of arrival at my dealership here in Phoenix. Original date was October 15th delivery, new date is between October 18th-25th.

I check it again today and the status has now changed from discharged to "DELIVERED FROM" after customs release and linear release showed today. Hopefully that is good news it will be closer to the 18th.
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      1999 BMW M3 Estoril Blue (SOLD)
      2012 Fiat 500 Sport
      2012 Volvo C30 R Design Polestar Tune (OSD - DELIVERED!)

The NEW site for tracking your OSD vehicle is .... www.ehharmsusa.com

Please do not go to the W&W site as they are no longer shipping OSD units. If you cannot find the status of your vehicle on the EHHarms site,
      you can email your vin/order # to [email protected] and they will help you track it down.
      Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE

Anyway else seeing that their cars bounced to Savannah, GA and back due to Sandy?
      For good reason I am a little nervous about my car being in Baltimore during Sandy but did they really move the cars to Savannah and back again?

LINER RELEASE BALTIMORE, MD 05-11-2012 10:38:56
      CUSTOMS RELEASE SAVANNAH, GA 02-11-2012 00:00:00
      DISCHARGED BALTIMORE, MD 24-10-2012 13:00:00 1
      LOADED ON VESSEL GOTHENBURG 09-10-2012 01:23:43 1
      RECEIVED AT TERMINAL GOTHENBURG 01-10-2012 10:16:36 1
      BOOKED GOTHENBURG 25-09-2012 09:02:36

Quote Originally Posted by universityvolvoOSD View Post

Please do not go to the W&W site as they are no longer shipping OSD units. If you cannot find the status of your vehicle on the EHHarms site,
      you can email your vin/order # to [email protected] and they will help you track it down.
      Went looking for status today since they told us our car would ship on the 19th. VIN not found, so I guess our car still sits waiting for a ride
      home
      2013 S80 T6 OSD #2
      2008 G37 Coupe
      2004 XC90 OSD #1

COMark...try checking later today or in the morning. The ships usually depart on time...unless there is a severe weather issue.
      Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by COMark View Post
      Went looking for status today since they told us our car would ship on the 19th. VIN not found, so I guess our car still sits waiting for a ride
      home
      It also takes time for the systems to update. This is not FedEx where they update statuses every few minutes. They probably do batch data entry and updates (like banks processing paper checks).

The car is still not showing up on the shipping company web site and Volvo says they'll research and let us know next week. It'll be a real bummer if it's still in sweden almost 3 weeks after turning it over for shipping
      2013 S80 T6 OSD #2
      2008 G37 Coupe
      2004 XC90 OSD #1

The car is still not showing up on the shipping company web site and Volvo says they'll research and let us know next week. It'll be a real bummer if it's still in sweden almost 3 weeks after turning it over for shipping
      Volvo found our car. It's not expected to be shipped until Jan 11. Exactly 1 month after we turned it over for shipping. Fairly disappointing.
      2013 S80 T6 OSD #2
      2008 G37 Coupe
      2004 XC90 OSD #1

Volvo found our car. It's not expected to be shipped until Jan 11. Exactly 1 month after we turned it over for shipping. Fairly disappointing.
      Ouch. Did they have any idea why? Any relation to Sandy?

Interesting...when I pull my VIN on this site, https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage
      it pulls up two different ships. AIDA and ASIAN EMPEROR. Causes one to wonder a bit...

just figured it out...our car was loaded on AIDA at Gothenburg, transported to Bremerhaven where it spent a day before being loaded on the Asian Emporer for it's journey across the pond. Even cars have travel layovers
      Last edited by COMark; 01-23-2013 at 10:16 AM.
      2013 S80 T6 OSD #2
      2008 G37 Coupe
      2004 XC90 OSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by universityvolvoOSD View Post

Is this current information? I'm asking because:

1) W&W is tracking my vehicle shipment

2) The E.H. Harms web site is using an untrusted security certificate on their tracking page

3) The E. H. Harms tracker always times out before completing a connection. In addition, at the office, the corporate firewall starts complaining about the site.

This really does not inspire confidence in E.H. Harms :-0

I did learn from the Volvo Overseas Delivery staff that my car is schedule to arrive in Newark, NJ on September 19. So it is time to track. I am also unable to open the E H Harms website. Using Wallenius Wilhelmsen site given above with VIN provides a status location of car and ship's name which you can then Goggle and then track.

Anyone know if E H Harms is still Volvo's customs agent?
      Current Rides:
      2018 V60CC T5 OSD, Mussel Blue, My Wheels.
      2016 XC60 AWD T6, OSD, Flamenco Red Metallic. Wife's Car.
      2014 XC60, Black CPO. Daughter's Car.

Previous Rides:
      2014 XC70, OSD, Seashell Metallic. My Wheels.
      2010 XC60 OSD, Orinoco Blue Metallic. Wife's Car
      2007 S40T5, Black, CPO. Daughter's Car

Quote Originally Posted by billxc70 View Post
      I did learn from the Volvo Overseas Delivery staff that my car is schedule to arrive in Newark, NJ on September 19. So it is time to track. I am also unable to open the E H Harms website. Using Wallenius Wilhelmsen site given above with VIN provides a status location of car and ship's name which you can then Goggle and then track.

Anyone know if E H Harms is still Volvo's customs agent?
      No, they are not. The new company is IFF.
      William

" See Sweden by Volvo "

Thanks Wiliam.

Other than getting the paperwork signed and mailed to the owner, what is the Custom's Agent role as part of the cars port processing?

Also when the vehicle status is ' customs release' does the car's paper get sent to the owner?

Thank you. Bill
      Last edited by billxc70; 09-21-2013 at 04:55 PM.
      Current Rides:
      2018 V60CC T5 OSD, Mussel Blue, My Wheels.
      2016 XC60 AWD T6, OSD, Flamenco Red Metallic. Wife's Car.
      2014 XC60, Black CPO. Daughter's Car.

Previous Rides:
      2014 XC70, OSD, Seashell Metallic. My Wheels.
      2010 XC60 OSD, Orinoco Blue Metallic. Wife's Car
      2007 S40T5, Black, CPO. Daughter's Car

Quote Originally Posted by billxc70 View Post
      Thanks Wiliam.

Other than getting the paperwork signed and mailed to the owner, what is the Custom's Agent role as part of the cars port processing?

Also when the vehicle status is ' customs release' does the car's paper get sent to the owner?

Thank you. Bill
      You are welcome.

The custom's agent is main job is taking care of the paper work for the processing of the car. Yes, the owner of the car will receive paper work showing the car has cleared customs.
      William

" See Sweden by Volvo "

I had no problems getting info from dealer. Car took 6 weeks from Gothenburg to Moline, IL:

Hi All, Sorry if this has been address previously, but I think I am still a bit confused. My car is due to arrive at port tomorrow morning. I am curious as to how long it takes for the car to go through the unloading and customs process. I checked the customs tracking website listed above, the EHH website, and it does not seem to be working any longer. Is there a new website for tracking the customs process?
      What will you do Today that will make you Proud in a Year?

Check the paperwork you got at the factory, it should list the customs agent. It is their web site you should check.

IIRC, it was 2 weeks from the boat-at-docks to car-at-dealer (and my dealer is about a 2 hour drive from the docks in NJ). Your timing may be different.

Just to follow up...

It took exactly a week for my car to go from the port to the dealer! It arrived at the port on the 21st and I got a phone call today, the 28th, that it arrived at the dealer and we can pick her up! We are going either tonight or tomorrow morning! I can't wait to see her again and drive her home!
      What will you do Today that will make you Proud in a Year?

My car arrived in Baltimore this morning. Is their an IFF website where I can start following it through the system and on to the truck?

Quote Originally Posted by gliderguider1 View Post
      My car arrived in Baltimore this morning. Is their an IFF website where I can start following it through the system and on to the truck?
      No, unfortunately there is not a website where you can track your Overseas Delivery Volvo as it goes through U.S. customs, port processing and ground transportation to the U.S. Volvo dealer.

Hang in there... you will have your new car soon!
      William

" See Sweden by Volvo "

OK, so not only has my car cleared Customs, it has been sitting at the dealer since yesterday. However, I am waiting for a physical letter, snail mail, piece of paper (yes, this is 2014) from the Port Agent, which has yet to arrive. The dealer is near work and I am an hour away, so if it arrives tomorrow, I won't be able to get the car until Thursday - and that is if the letter arrives tomorrow. All the other paperwork was handled at the dealer or the FDC. Hard to believe that 7 weeks after I dropped it off, I can visit it, but not take it home and instead have to wait by my mailbox like Charlie Brown waiting for a Valentine.

Quote Originally Posted by dexdan View Post
      OK, so not only has my car cleared Customs, it has been sitting at the dealer since yesterday. However, I am waiting for a physical letter, snail mail, piece of paper (yes, this is 2014) from the Port Agent, which has yet to arrive. The dealer is near work and I am an hour away, so if it arrives tomorrow, I won't be able to get the car until Thursday - and that is if the letter arrives tomorrow. All the other paperwork was handled at the dealer or the FDC. Hard to believe that 7 weeks after I dropped it off, I can visit it, but not take it home and instead have to wait by my mailbox like Charlie Brown waiting for a Valentine.
      Unfortunately some states require the customs document to register an Overseas Delivery vehicle. Thank goodness not all 50 of them do!
      William

" See Sweden by Volvo "

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast