Tracking Car to USA - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
      any updates on how to track?
      2018 XC60, T6, Inscription, B&W sound

2015.5 XC60, T6, OSD, Platinum, Seashell Met, Blis, Inscription, Climate, Fwd Cam, 20" Avior Wheels

2017 Tesla model D90S

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Almost to Baltimore! Dropped off Oct 13th

2015.5 XC60, T6, OSD, Platinum, Seashell Met, Blis, Inscription, Climate, Fwd Cam, 20" Avior Wheels

2017 Tesla model D90S

At the dock in Baltimore. One month exactly from when we dropped in Gothenburg.

2017 Tesla model D90S

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Picking up car today. Nothing like having two deliveries.

2017 Tesla model D90S

One must have to mark CARD ID for respective VIN

fyi, for vehicles pulling into New York:

Its actually the Newark Elizabeth port - https://www.panynj.gov/port/vehicle-...rocessing.html

Looks like the specific handler of Volvos at this port is FAPS :

http://www.fapsinc.com/

My car is at that red circle as of this writing :

FAPS website doesn't really have any useful tools, but perhaps their contact info can help if problems/questions arise.

Not sure who contracts the transport of the vehicle from the port to the dealership.
      Last edited by johnee; 05-15-2015 at 01:13 PM.
      -
      - XC60 T5 Drive-E MY-2015.5 Savile Grey Platinum w/ BLIS, Blond/Black Sport seats, Heated front. OSD -

How long does it take WWL Track and Trace tool to update a vehicle's status? Vessel(Atlantic Cartier) departed from New York port on November 22, 2015 and thus far no Discharge of car is listed.
      Current Rides:
      2018 V60CC T5 OSD, Mussel Blue, My Wheels.
      2016 XC60 AWD T6, OSD, Flamenco Red Metallic. Wife's Car.
      2014 XC60, Black CPO. Daughter's Car.

Previous Rides:
      2014 XC70, OSD, Seashell Metallic. My Wheels.
      2010 XC60 OSD, Orinoco Blue Metallic. Wife's Car
      2007 S40T5, Black, CPO. Daughter's Car

Forum Sponsor universityvolvoOSD's Avatar
      They may not update until monday because of the holiday weekend
      Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE
      http://www.universityvolvo.com/volvo...as-program.htm

You are correct; thank you. I just checked and our vehicle ( my wife's 2016XC ) was discharged along with 8 other cars at 11-22-2015 at 1900hrs. As others have mentioned, waiting for your new volvo to appear at the dealer is the more difficult part of an OSD purchase.

Is there a method to continue tracking your vehicle thru the port processing until it is loaded on a truck ?

Bill
      Last edited by billxc70; 11-30-2015 at 05:13 PM.
      Current Rides:

Previous Rides:

Quote Originally Posted by billxc70 View Post
      You are correct; thank you. I just checked and our vehicle ( my wife's 2016XC ) was discharged along with 8 other cars at 11-22-2015 at 1900hrs. As others have mentioned, waiting for your new volvo to appear at the dealer is the more difficult part of an OSD purchase.

Is there a method to continue tracking your vehicle thru the port processing until it is loaded on a truck ?

Bill
      Yes, waiting is the most difficult part of an Overseas Delivery Volvo purchase.

Unfortunately there is not a method for a customer to track their vehicle after it arrives at the port.

Hang in there... you will have your new Volvo soon!
      William

Go on a Journey for Life...
      " See Sweden by Volvo "
      Click ^^ to take first step

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
      Yes, waiting is the most difficult part of an Overseas Delivery Volvo purchase.

Unfortunately there is not a method for a customer to track their vehicle after it arrives at the port.

Hang in there... you will have your new Volvo soon!

William, thanks for your words of encouragement. No hanging around much longer as Email this afternoon from Barbara (Volvo OSD Team) indicates car has completed port processing, turned back to Volvo for shipment, and trucking company reports delivery to dealer on Friday .

But still awaiting customs paperwork which I believe is emailed.

Thanks Bill
      Current Rides:

Previous Rides:

Quote Originally Posted by billxc70 View Post
      William, thanks for your words of encouragement. No hanging around much longer as Email this afternoon from Barbara (Volvo OSD Team) indicates car has completed port processing, turned back to Volvo for shipment, and trucking company reports delivery to dealer on Friday .

But still awaiting customs paperwork which I believe is emailed.

Thanks Bill
      You are welcome. Yes, the U.S. Customs papers can be emailed.
      William

Go on a Journey for Life...
      " See Sweden by Volvo "
      Click ^^ to take first step

The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics web site att.2wglobal.com has a problem with its HTTPS SSL security certificate - most browsers will likely block it as the identity of the secure site can't be confirmed with an expired certificate.

This has been going on for a few days now - hopefully they'll get a new cert and update the site soon!

Just curious how long it takes to show up on the W&W site after its been dropped off at the factory???
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
      Just curious how long it takes to show up on the W&W site after its been dropped off at the factory???
      For us, I think it showed up about 2 weeks after we dropped off the car.

Quote Originally Posted by KanonBear View Post
      Ours has been over 3 weeks now........dang!!!
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Quote Originally Posted by KanonBear View Post
      Just a heads up to all the OSD participants. If your vehicle doesn't show up on the W&W site after 2-3 weeks, check to be sure it has been sent! On occasion they forget to ship it out.......ask me how I know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
      Just a heads up to all the OSD participants. If your vehicle doesn't show up on the W&W site after 2-3 weeks, check to be sure it has been sent! On occasion they forget to ship it out.......ask me how I know!!!
      2-3 weeks? You mean I shouldn't be refreshing the W&W site 10 times a day just two days after dropping the car off in Gothenburg ?
      This will be a long wait.. I understand now what you have all been talking about.
      2017 T6 XC90 Momentum+ | Crystal White Pearl | Amber/Charcoal | Convenience | Vision | HUD | Air Suspension | 20" 5-Double Spoke Matte Black Wheels (US OSD: Sweden - Aug, 2016, US - Nov, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by mxms533 View Post
      You mean I shouldn't be refreshing the W&W site 10 times a day just two days after dropping the car off in Gothenburg ?
      Well, you could. Just as how tigers in captivity can keep pacing back and forth as a sign of anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by mxms533 View Post
      2-3 weeks? You mean I shouldn't be refreshing the W&W site 10 times a day just two days after dropping the car off in Gothenburg ?
      This will be a long wait.. I understand now what you have all been talking about.
      Yep....I was wayyyyy too patient! Give it 14-18 days then place a call to NJ..........that is if you can wait that long!!!
      Last edited by GregK; 09-09-2016 at 08:03 PM.

So my OSD was just discharged from the ship in Port Huenene on Saturday. Will the W&W site show when it leaves the port and is loaded on a truck to my dealer in WA or do I now just wait for a call from my dealer? It's been a long wait. We dropped the car at the FDC on July 28th and were told the next boat wasn't leaving until August 23rd. It's been a long 2 months of waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W&W does not track the vehicle once they unload it. Usually...it is 7-10 days from unloading to arrival at the dealer.
      Have your dealer see if they can give you any info
      Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE

I put my VIN into the cargo ID field of the WWL site and it brought me to a page with a TON of VINs. I couldn't see mine on there so I'm a bit confused. How exactly do I track the vehicle? This is what I see:

Quote Originally Posted by sendr003 View Post
      I put my VIN into the cargo ID field of the WWL site and it brought me to a page with a TON of VINs. I couldn't see mine on there so I'm a bit confused. How exactly do I track the vehicle? This is what I see:
      Per the screenshot attached, the vin number you entered is incomplete. It seems to end at 113 but there should be more characters after that (a total of 17 I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2017 T6 XC90 Momentum+ | Crystal White Pearl | Amber/Charcoal | Convenience | Vision | HUD | Air Suspension | 20" 5-Double Spoke Matte Black Wheels (US OSD: Sweden - Aug, 2016, US - Nov, 2016)

If I dropped off my XC90 in Amsterdam, should I still be able to track it using the W&W site? Handed car over to united stevedores on the 17th of November and it is not showing up on W&W tracking site.

Any information is appreciated

Have your dealer contact corporate and see if they can check on the status
      Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE

@bigdelta
      When I dropped off my OSD car at Gothenburg on Nov 24th, they gave me a sheet of paper called "Auto Shipment Order". It listed the estimated date of shipment as Nov 28th and they indeed loaded it on a vessel that day per W&W. Did you get any paper like that? What does it say?

Today, got an email (which I first thought was spam) with a PDF attachment with the following content. It also had some couple of pages about marine insurance and claim procedure if there is damage.

Dear Volvo owner,
      We wish to inform you that your Volvo has been loaded on the vessel M/S TONGALA with estimated time of departure from Europe 28-NOV-16. The ESTIMATED time of arrival at your retailer is 16-JAN-17. Please note that this is an ESTIMATED date of arrival. Due to U.S. Customs actions, bad weather etc. there can be delays beyond our control.

Please contact the retailer below to agree on a suitable delivery date. Please be aware of that the Transport Insurance is valid maximum 15 days after arrival at the retailer.

We sincerely hope that your Volvo lives up to your expectations and provides you with a lot of driving pleasure, comfort and satisfaction. We thank you for your valued business and remain,

Yours very truly,
      Volvo Car Corporation
      Volvo Car International Customer Sales (VCIC)
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription (OSD)

I got a copy of my "authorization for car shipment" from united stevedores. It has a contract ID on it. Using that and my VIN I was able to use the link below for tracking. It seems they are using a different logistics company called BLG rather than W&W.

http://jcars.blg.de/wps/portal/extern/exportinfo

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the Wallenius Wilhemsen site? It doesn't give me any response at all. Are there any alternative tracking sites that anyone can recommend?

2017 XC90 T6 Inscription (OSD) | Convenience | Polestar | Vision
      Previous Volvos: 2007 XC90 D5 | 2005 V70 D5
      Current: 2017 Volvo XC90 Inscription | Convenience | Vision | Polestar
      Previous Volvos: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 | 2005 Volvo V70 D5

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
      Is anyone else experiencing issues with the Wallenius Wilhemsen site? It doesn't give me any response at all. Are there any alternative tracking sites that anyone can recommend?

It was hit or miss yesterday on my iPad, but I've tried it twice today on the computer & it has worked both times. I've been trying not to check it everyday since my car arrived in port on Friday.

Congrats Techsan on verifying your car made it to American soil. I'm traveling and using my iPad, but used various browsers, yet none are responding—not even showing any kind of error message. I'll guess I'll have to try again when I get home. VCNA told me I should be able to track my car 2-3 days after it was loaded on the cargo vessel. That was due to happen on 1/17, but to this day, I have not been able to verify what vessel it's on.

I guess I'm just impatient, but can anyone tell me how long it took from the load date noted on the home shipping docs before tracking became active?

Thanks! It was just over a week for us after the load date before we saw anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Techsan View Post
      Thanks! It was just over a week for us after the load date before we saw anything.
      Good to know. Thanks!

It's been 7 days since the boat pulled into the dock & no call from dealership. Tick tock. This waiting game is rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Techsan View Post
      It's been 7 days since the boat pulled into the dock & no call from dealership. Tick tock. This waiting game is rough.
      Mine arrived via the Baltimore port (as I'm hopeful that yours did as well) and it took about a week to clear customs. They may be backed up a day or so due to the MLK holiday. Given that you are in Annapolis, transport time to your dealer should be fast. Hang in there.
      2016 XC60 T5 FWD OSD (May 2016), 6 countries, 2500km

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast