Official Elevate/Autotech Performance Software GROUP BUY-Part Duece! - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by GiRaff3 View Post
      I will be placing an order on 15 October
      Me too. Please get to 30+
      SOLD: 2005 V50 T5 AWD - Metallic Silver 426 - ELEVATE Stage I Tune - ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar - VIVA Performance Front Strut Bar - iPd Front Stabilizer Links - EuroSportTuning Drop-in Filter - Volvo 18' Medusa Wheels - Volvo R-Design Steering Wheel - Full LED Conversion

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ah_long View Post
      so let me get this straight..

from the website:

We get
      Includes: CD with software, Interface cable between laptop and car, tuned file specific to fuel octane, stock file

now here's my question(s)..

1. "tuned file specific to fuel octane", does this mean we can only specify one grade of fuel (e.g. 87, 89, 91, 94?) or do we get all of them plus the stock file?
      2. What is shipping to Canada
      3. What is the advantage/disadvantage of using the APC (aside from not needing a computer)?
      4. In the event that I have lost the APC, can I still purchase the cable and use a computer to flash the car?

But anyhow, I'm in
      1. You only get one free octane file with the tune. If you want additional tailored files, its an extra cost.
      2. Please contact [email protected] for a shipping quote
      3.Other than what you mentioned, there are no differences. Having a handheld unit is a big perk though. I wish this option was around when I got my tune.
      4. I dont forsee that being a problem

Hope that answeres all your questions
      Follow the latest ELEVATE product developments on facebookwww.facebook.com/elevatecars

Quote Originally Posted by B.G. View Post
      1. You only get one free octane file with the tune. If you want additional tailored files, its an extra cost.
      2. Please contact [email protected] for a shipping quote
      3.Other than what you mentioned, there are no differences. Having a handheld unit is a big perk though. I wish this option was around when I got my tune.
      4. I dont forsee that being a problem

Hope that answeres all your questions
      Thanks for the answer..
      I was mainly concerned about the grades of fuel.. I normally put in 94 in my car, but occasionally if I can't locate a station that has 94, I'll have to put 91 in it. I'm wondering if I should go for a 91 or 94 tune in this case.

From your initial post, it states that the APC has the ability to read codes, I'm wondering if I went for the laptop route, would I still be able to retain the same function at the same price. The APC does sound really interesting, but somehow I feel that a laptop would be safer in the long run in the event that a) I lost the APC, or b) the APC is broken

One thing I forgot to ask, if down the road anyone of us decides to add an intake/downpipe/exhaust, we are required to purchase a new tune or?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

One thing I forgot to ask, if down the road anyone of us decides to add an intake/downpipe/exhaust, we are required to purchase a new tune or?
      Just my opinion. It is always best to tune after doing all the mods. And yes, intake/downpipe/exhaust makes a lot of difference, so retune is necessary. Best opt for the stage 2 software, as you can load in after your exhaust is done. As to whether exhaust must do, I'd say definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
      Just my opinion. It is always best to tune after doing all the mods. And yes, intake/downpipe/exhaust makes a lot of difference, so retune is necessary. Best opt for the stage 2 software, as you can load in after your exhaust is done. As to whether exhaust must do, I'd say definitely!
      right now, I'm not interested in the intake/downpipe/exhaust.. I guess I'll just pony up the money for the tune now and buy the additional files when I decide to do all those things

right now, I'm not interested in the intake/downpipe/exhaust.. I guess I'll just pony up the money for the tune now and buy the additional files when I decide to do all those things
      Its your call. The tune gives you about 30bhp gain anyway. Still well worth it.

Its your call. The tune gives you about 30bhp gain anyway. Still well worth it.
      ya, the only reason i'm going with just the tune is because the car is still under warranty... and in the event where I need to take the car to service, I could revert it back to stock software..

ya, the only reason i'm going with just the tune is because the car is still under warranty... and in the event where I need to take the car to service, I could revert it back to stock software..
      I chipped my old A4 Avant and had no other bolt-on's. The APR tune was worth the $500 spent.
      2010 V50 T5 AWD R-Design 6-spd manual (FOR SALE)
      2018 XC60 Hybrid (wife's ride)
      1966 VW Type 2 standard | 1600dp | 40hp | 0-60 in 2min

Thanks for the answer..
      I was mainly concerned about the grades of fuel.. I normally put in 94 in my car, but occasionally if I can't locate a station that has 94, I'll have to put 91 in it. I'm wondering if I should go for a 91 or 94 tune in this case.

From your initial post, it states that the APC has the ability to read codes, I'm wondering if I went for the laptop route, would I still be able to retain the same function at the same price. The APC does sound really interesting, but somehow I feel that a laptop would be safer in the long run in the event that a) I lost the APC, or b) the APC is broken

If I were you I would tailor the tune the gas that most frequently goes into your vehicle....The 94.

Yes you are still able to read the codes and clear them with the laptop setup. This is what I currently have.

If you were to add these in the future, the cost would be an additional $190 for a new file. I am not suggesting this, but there was a guy from the last GB who was going to do the same down the road that got his tune setup as if he had a dp. I dont recall him saying if he ran into any problems.
      Follow the latest ELEVATE product developments on facebookwww.facebook.com/elevatecars

I just want to do the tune. Um...however I might consider adding the K&N typhoon intake, would that make a big difference at all? Downpipe and exhaust are probably something I'd add after 1 year. I'll pay for the retune if it's only $195. As well, our cars now are tune to handle 87, I only use premium (91+). What should I be tuning for? 91 only?
      SOLD: 2005 V50 T5 AWD - Metallic Silver 426 - ELEVATE Stage I Tune - ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar - VIVA Performance Front Strut Bar - iPd Front Stabilizer Links - EuroSportTuning Drop-in Filter - Volvo 18' Medusa Wheels - Volvo R-Design Steering Wheel - Full LED Conversion

very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by m4gician View Post
      I just want to do the tune. Um...however I might consider adding the K&N typhoon intake, would that make a big difference at all? Downpipe and exhaust are probably something I'd add after 1 year. I'll pay for the retune if it's only $195. As well, our cars now are tune to handle 87, I only use premium (91+). What should I be tuning for? 91 only?
      according to Don, re-tune is not nec unless you get a downpipe.

Aftr reading thru this thread - please correct if i am wrong - it is best to order the highest Octane which in FL is 93 Octane (outside the 100 octane).

If I am relocated to a state that only has 91 octane - there will be no problem AND if I only have a stock set up now but plan to later add DP, exhaust system, FMIC and CAI or AMS I should order the tune with that set up now.

Won't have a tune that will not run properly in stock form?

Quote Originally Posted by mtechnic6 View Post
      Aftr reading thru this thread - please correct if i am wrong - it is best to order the highest Octane which in FL is 93 Octane (outside the 100 octane).

If I am relocated to a state that only has 91 octane - there will be no problem AND if I only have a stock set up now but plan to later add DP, exhaust system, FMIC and CAI or AMS I should order the tune with that set up now.

Won't have a tune that will not run properly in stock form?
      You should have your car tuned to the octane that you put in your car most frequently. If for instance there is a time when you put in a lower octane, no damage will occur. Your cars ecm will adapt to the change, although there will be a slight loss of power. When you put back in the higher octane, your ECM will re adapt and you will be good to go.

If you get the tune tailored for mods that you do not have, that is a risk that you are held accountable for. Elevate is in no way responsible should things go south. I just simply stated that someone in the last GB did that and I never heard any reported problems.

maybe the best thing to do is get the tune based on what you have NOW and what fuel you normally use.

perhaps BG can set up a GB later for "add-ons" or re-tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by spindrome View Post
      maybe the best thing to do is get the tune based on what you have NOW and what fuel you normally use.

perhaps BG can set up a GB later for "add-ons" or re-tunes.
      LOL yes B.G. go for it.

Okay another question to clear things up. What is recommended, laptop or standalone device? Is shipping included? Can you offer the same rate shipping to Canada (we already get screwed every which way). Does an intake alone make a difference at all between tunes?

Quote Originally Posted by m4gician View Post
      Does an intake alone make a difference at all between tunes?
      No...

You will get gains from it though.

here's some information that should help some of you.. I have exchanged a few emails with Don @ Elevate

1. If you get a "94 octane" tune, and have to run 91 octane, no damage will occur. Your car's ECM is dynamic enough that it will adapt, albeit with a slight loss of power. When you put 94 octane back in, it will re adapt to the higher octane and give you a bit more power.

2. Same price for APC tuner or PC based system.

3. Yes, that would be an option. You are paying for the "tune" and the "hardware", so we could break those apart if needed in the future should the APC unit get lost--you've already paid for the "tune".

4. Both APC tuner and PC based system have DTC reading and clearing. The APC tuner does need access to a PC to be able to read the DTC codes. DTC reading/clearing is an additional $150.00 for either system.
      If you have a 94 tune and put 91 in it, you would see the same power gains as a "91 octane tune".

I would get the octane tune for whatever premium fuel you have the most access to.

If you always have access to a PC laptop, I would personally choose the PC based version as it does have a few other advanced features/options that the APC unit does not.

^^^thanks for posting

Im not sure i understand....

The tune is 650 +shipping? 30 +

Then if you want speed limiter removed +$190

Then if you want to use their tune product for DTC reading/clearing is an additional $150

So basically Over 1k..... Im pretty sure other tunes come with all this for the same price ... But i guess this is a Good Deal

i was looking @ a Rica tune but it doesn't seem to provide the same gains..

now assuming IF the figures are correct from Viva and Elevate

On T5
      Viva/Rica Gains: +32bhp/+44lb/ft
      Elevate/Autotech Gains: +39hp, +53ft/lb

e.g. rica tune from viva costs $995, and there's additional costs involved in going from stage 1 > 2, GT torque limiter removal.. etc

btw, could someone post this one Volvospeed and c30world?
      I'm sure that way we'll hit the GB mark

Quote Originally Posted by jdsr917 View Post
      Im not sure i understand....

The tune is 650 +shipping? 30 +

Then if you want speed limiter removed +$190

Then if you want to use their tune product for DTC reading/clearing is an additional $150

So basically Over 1k..... Im pretty sure other tunes come with all this for the same price ... But i guess this is a Good Deal
      Good point. It'd be a sure thing for me if the $650 included DTC read/clear, but for an additional $150 that puts it close enough to the RICA Softloader that it kind of kills any urgency for me.

Not sure I care enough about the speed limiter to go out of my way for it (I don't anticipate the opportunity to take advantage of it), but if its all the same I would take it. Are 2007 S60R GT's speed limited?
      2007 XC90 V8 - 2005 V70R M66
      2015 F150 Supercrew 2WD 3.5L

btw, could someone post this one Volvospeed and c30world?
      I'm sure that way we'll hit the GB mark
      I plan on doing this today

its on c30 world in the groupbuy section. maybe put it in performance upgrades too?

Quote Originally Posted by csroka View Post
      its on c30 world in the groupbuy section. maybe put it in performance upgrades too?
      Awesome. I already have a code reader, so I wouldn't need to pay the extra $150 for that "ability?" Also, if I get a stage 1 tune, to go from stage 1 to 2 is only $195? That's fine. It's a software download only right? I have a bunch of laptops. Is this Windows 7 64bit compatible?

Just to share on the shipping after email exchange with Don.

Shipping to USA less than $10. (I remember seeing on the website as $8.95)

Shipping to my country Singapore (South East Asia) cost $57.40 by Fedex.

Very reasonable shipping quote.

Will this be able to datalog?

Is it October 15th yet????

I wonder if my wife is going to notice the difference after I reflash the ECU with the tune????
      Last edited by Jpandes; 09-23-2010 at 01:28 AM.
      2011 CTS-V Wagon Silver A6|Recaros|MoonRoof | Airaid CAI Green Filter | Eibachs | 20" Concept One CS6 | S2T Paddles | V2V Splitter
      2003 C5 Z06 H/C/I/E 458 RWHP / 412 ft/lbs @ 3,100lbs
      2004 V70R SOLD Gray / Gobi w/ some mods

Don says he can ship out on 16 Oct...

i was looking @ a Rica tune but it doesn't seem to provide the same gains..

now assuming IF the figures are correct from Viva and Elevate

On T5
      Viva/Rica Gains: +32bhp/+44lb/ft
      Elevate/Autotech Gains: +39hp, +53ft/lb

e.g. rica tune from viva costs $995, and there's additional costs involved in going from stage 1 > 2, GT torque limiter removal.. etc
      Rica, with all tunes currently speaking, charge extra for a re-map. Whether that's a stage increase or a modification, it's a re-map. Now, Rica/Viva will allow you to specify any special attributes at checkout with no extra charge. For example, I have a Rica "no throttle remap" on my setup, and debated (didn't do it) the "rear O2 delete" option.

Don says he can ship out on 16 Oct...
      Saturday October 16th 2010 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Klinenator View Post
      Will this be able to datalog?
      Haha, i wish.. But not quite...sorry

And yea, for those quoting shipping as $30... Not likely. As posted before shipping is cheap.. around $10 or so.

Could everyone keep the discussion of other tunes costs and comparison to a seperate thread. This thread is SPECIFICALLY for the ELEVATE/AUTOTECH tune. If you dont feel its worth it...DONT BUY IT. But for those and the 55+ others that did on the last GB, you will not be disappointed.. THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by jdsr917 View Post
      Saturday October 16th 2010 ?
      Not sure if he realized its Sat but i did ask him when is the earliest he can shipped out as I willing to pay early (even now). But he said 16 Oct earliest.

Do we have a Canada shipping rate? Will it be as cheap? We'd have to pay taxes and everything on that as well as duties and brokerage which can make the price jump really really high.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast