a note on NEW Elevate parts
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

a note on NEW Elevate parts

My exhaust from the turbo back is now all Elevate brand parts. My exhaust has the non-resonator option, and here are some comments about the entire system's livability.

1) MPG+SPG.

I am getting better gas mileage than before, so while it may be a performance mod, it also helps at the pump. In addition, the ability to go 30-120 on an on-ramp is pretty sweet too.

2) IT'S NOT LOUD.

Seriously people, unless the warm-up period in the morning is something your HOA will sue you over, it's fairly quiet and (almost) entirely drone-free. The only issue comes between 1500-1800 rpm in higher gears (5&6). On the hwy it's hardly audible above road noise (unless you're accelerating).

3) The new tip is much smaller than the old one.

Which, incidentally, was called obscene by more than one person I knew.

4) It's 49 state legal.

Take THAT, OBX!

5) Don is a nice man.

nm
      2006 S60R Sonic Blue MT w/Gobi (none of that Nordcrap) SOLD I miss Heidi...
      2004 VW R32 Guess I have a thing for blue R's...
      1996 il rospo My 247,000 mile project car (still on it's first motor)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm getting an elevate exhaust by the end of the week. Just waiting to hear back from someone for a used one "with straight pipe" or i will be getting new one with resonator because 219 for a straight pipe is obsurd.
      Traded In: 06 S60R 6MT Sonicama Elevate Exhaust, Phmic, iPD Stg II,Custom DP w/race cat, EST Ultra Flow Intake, Elevate Sways, SNABB Intake Pipe, SS DEM mod, BT, NAV, Miv w/X1

2019 XC40 T5 Inscription: Denim Blue/Blond
      Wheels: 20" 5 Spoke Diamond Cut
      Packages: Premium, Vision, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel
      Options: Premium Sound, Polestar Tune

I'm glad you like it - I personally love the louder sound of the R

I'm looking to replace my EST tip with something diffrent.
      Can you post a photo of the new Elevate tip on your car? I'm curious to see how smaller it is from the original design.

Thanks!
      2004 S60R 6MT HILTON 2.5 Tuned
      CLICK HERE for Build Thread

My wife's car: 2015.5 XC60 CLICK HERE

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PC Diesel View Post
      I'm getting an elevate exhaust by the end of the week. Just waiting to hear back from someone for a used one "with straight pipe" or i will be getting new one with resonator because 219 for a straight pipe is obsurd.
      I would like to catch up with you when you are home from school sometime after you install it. I don't think I will be doing an exhaust until at least next summer, but I am looking at TME and considering Elevate at this point. A chance to hear it in person would be awesome.
      2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T - Silver, RWD 6MT
      TOTALED 1/10/12 -[/COLOR]2004 S60R Black Sapphire/Gobi, 55K Miles, 6MT
      IPD: R Kelly W/ K&N, Upper Mount, HD Trans Mount, Polly Stabilizer Bushings, Boost Gauge in Bezel Pod. Phuz: HD TCV
      Viva: HD CBV Snabb: Intake Pipe TME: Lowering Springs DEM Heat Sheild Part# 30783129.

Interesting. Did they do a redesign? I've had mine without Cat back w/o resonator for 4 years now and it s LOUD. It resonates bad on the highway/60mph but I also have a GT. I don't mind it but my wife and passengers hate it. Great quality though, no problems.
      07 VR 6MT, Elec. Silver/Nordkap. Pwr mirrors, Do88 IC, OBX DP, iPd oval exhaust, Elevate bumper grilles, SNABB short shift w/ Abrahms M1 knob, tint, 18" Odysseus reps...

EDIT. Just checked the Elevate site. My exhaust came with the straight pipe, whereas now it comes with a resonator in-line with the middle pipe. That's probably why mine drones, and is considered LOUD by most. If anyone wants to trade their reso pipe for my straight pipe let me know.
      07 VR 6MT, Elec. Silver/Nordkap. Pwr mirrors, Do88 IC, OBX DP, iPd oval exhaust, Elevate bumper grilles, SNABB short shift w/ Abrahms M1 knob, tint, 18" Odysseus reps...

Quote Originally Posted by TJM 04S60R View Post
      I would like to catch up with you when you are home from school sometime after you install it. I don't think I will be doing an exhaust until at least next summer, but I am looking at TME and considering Elevate at this point. A chance to hear it in person would be awesome.
      I'll be home this thanksgiving for around 3-5 days. I will install it as soon as i get it, so I would be more than happy to let you hear it.
      Traded In: 06 S60R 6MT Sonicama Elevate Exhaust, Phmic, iPD Stg II,Custom DP w/race cat, EST Ultra Flow Intake, Elevate Sways, SNABB Intake Pipe, SS DEM mod, BT, NAV, Miv w/X1

2019 XC40 T5 Inscription: Denim Blue/Blond
      Wheels: 20" 5 Spoke Diamond Cut
      Packages: Premium, Vision, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel
      Options: Premium Sound, Polestar Tune

Nice. I was just looking at the websit and based on the pictures the straight pipe just replaces the resonator piece with no actual welding, etc. It would be really smart if they let you choose which you wanted (resonator or straight) with the purchase. Anyone inquired about that possibility yet?
      Last edited by TJM 04S60R; 11-09-2010 at 04:02 PM.
      IPD: R Kelly W/ K&N, Upper Mount, HD Trans Mount, Polly Stabilizer Bushings, Boost Gauge in Bezel Pod. Phuz: HD TCV
      Viva: HD CBV Snabb: Intake Pipe TME: Lowering Springs DEM Heat Sheild Part# 30783129.

Yes, Don will offer you either with the Resonator or Straight Pipe. I choose with the resonator on their Cat back system and even with the resonator it was too loud per my wife and kid and for my wagon it drones at any speed driving us nuts! On WOT I loved it! I just brought mine a month ago and am currently selling it on the classified. Believe me I would have preferred to keep it on instead of re-installing the stock exhaust.
      2006 V70R Silver auto tranny with Nordkap interior and 18inch Pegs.

Good to know. I am helping PC install his next Wednesday if all goes to plan. I will then have a chance to hear his and decide what set up I want. Please keep in mind I have no wife and kid, so sounds like I may dig it. Lol. Thanks for the info.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements