Let's See Your R in Winter Mode!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Cool Let's See Your R in Winter Mode!

I don't think there is a "winter mode" thread, so there it is!

I'll start, Here is mine, along with New
      • IPD R Boost Gauge
      • Custom Dash Cluster Pod
      • 18" Anthacite Pegasus wheels on Winter Tires
      • Crystal Side Markers

Henry
      Last edited by lowenhart; 11-15-2010 at 11:16 PM.
      2004 S60R [452/Atacap]
      [CFWERKS CF V Front Spoiler][CFWERKS CF Mirrors][CFWERKS Aluminum ECC Stereo Knobs][CFWERKS CF PCC Trunk][CFWERKS Dual Exhaust Panel][CFWERKS CF Gauge Pod][CFWERKS CF Sail Panels][CFWERKS CF Tail Light Trim][19x8.5 VANILLA BRC][Custom Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust w/PORSCHE 996 Tips][CFWERKS Crystal Side Markers][HEICO Springs][CFWERKS.COM]

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

So proper Henry!! Pegs surprisingly look really good on your car. Interiors is gonna look even better w a complete heico set
      Follow the latest ELEVATE product developments on facebookwww.facebook.com/elevatecars

REALLY liking the front lip. ever think about painting the silver parts of the grill to match the body?
      Sold : 2005 SR MT Black Sapphire Metallic/Nordkap
      Mods: bone stock

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Yes, that's a good snow plow during winter... Or maybe you get only 1 inch of snow? :P

Thanks for the comments!

In regards to the grill, I like the silver, I think that is what makes the R different from the other S60 models.

Believe it or not, this new 1 Piece Front Spoiler sits about 1inch higher than the stock Winglets so this is an improvement in ride height for most R owners.

For myself, I have Heico Springs installed this season so I basically canceled out my gain in height and as such there should be no difference in my driving in the previous winters with my CF Winglets and Center Splitter set up.

Henry
      Last edited by lowenhart; 11-16-2010 at 10:00 AM.
      2004 S60R [452/Atacap]
      [CFWERKS CF V Front Spoiler][CFWERKS CF Mirrors][CFWERKS Aluminum ECC Stereo Knobs][CFWERKS CF PCC Trunk][CFWERKS Dual Exhaust Panel][CFWERKS CF Gauge Pod][CFWERKS CF Sail Panels][CFWERKS CF Tail Light Trim][19x8.5 VANILLA BRC][Custom Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust w/PORSCHE 996 Tips][CFWERKS Crystal Side Markers][HEICO Springs][CFWERKS.COM]

rockin 15in steelies and winterforces
      -Eric-
      96 850 R
      -President of NMU Car club - Holy Shift!

Hey Henry - I've got you center splitter.
      I wonder if it won't rip in deep snow, taking the winglets with it at the same time. What are your thoughts?

I'm thinking of installing L brackets to hold the middle splitter directly to the bumper.
      2004 S60R 6MT HILTON 2.5 Tuned
      CLICK HERE for Build Thread

My wife's car: 2015.5 XC60 CLICK HERE

I'd take off winglets for the winter...if I had any on my car.

I'm holding off until Spring to fit winglets and a splitter.
      Volvoracer
      *Designer of the SNABB M66 Short Shifter*
      '05 VR Red/Atacama/M66 (1 of 4 in US), many mods, 167k, Brembo, 6-speed
      '05 Ducati 800SuperSport Yellow, Brembo, 6-speed
      '67 1800S S.C.C.A. racecar under restoration

So Henry, or whoever else has that lip, how much additional ground clearance (if any) does that give you over wignlets?

Also, what is it made out of? is it at all flexible or is it hard (and brittle) like OEM winglets?

Thanks
      Gone

Skiing anyone?

2006 Volvo S60 R 6MT; Black Sapphire/ ATACAMA w/ a Personalized PA Plate

2017 BMW X5 ///M; Silverstone/ Mugello Red Leather/ Carbon Fiber Trim; 10/6/17 Performance Delivery

Pittsburgh, PA // Ft. Bragg, NC // Woodstock, GA
      Quote Originally Posted by jstro View Post
      So Henry, or whoever else has that lip, how much additional ground clearance (if any) does that give you over wignlets?

Also, what is it made out of? is it at all flexible or is it hard (and brittle) like OEM winglets?

Thanks
      He mentioned in his post about a 1 inch gain using the single front lower spoiler over the stock/aftermarket winglets.
      Keoni - 2004 SR Saphakap MT||VolvoTista: BOV Kit // IPD: Strut Bar Conv, Upper Polly Mount, Trans Polly Mount // Elevate: Track Sways, SS Brake Lines, AMS // Phuzzy: FMIC, HD TCV // WothRline: Custom Tune // Custom 3" DP w/Magnaflow Cat w/ 3" Cut-Out // Custom 3" Exhaust w/Borla XR-1 muffler to dual exit 2.5" (quad tips) & Magnaflow resonator // Custom 3" CAI // SNAAB: Intake // UR: Pulley

2004 S60R MT Titanium/Nordkap, Premium, Comfort, Nav, Bluetooth, IMiV, ProSport
      2xCAI, BMC filter, Snabb Intake, Viva FMIC/Turbo/CBV, AEM H20 Inj, RICA Stage 3, EST DP, Mod EST Exh, GiroDisc 2pc rotors/SS lines/Ti Shims, IPD endlinks/25mm rear sway, OZ Superturismo LMs, Euro Headlights and so on...
      Link to R Kelly CAI @ IPD

My car, winterized

SOLD - 2004 Volvo S60R 6MT with Atacama Leather - 19" OZ w/ 15/10mm Heico spacers, RICA Stage II, PhMIC, Phuz DP, EST Exhaust, IPD lower tranny mount, Elevate upper engine mount, TME Springs, IPD Track Spec Sways.
      2003 LX470 - Big a$$ tires and CB integration

^Art, do you leave your winglets on in the winter?
      2006 Volvo S60 R 6MT; Black Sapphire/ ATACAMA w/ a Personalized PA Plate

2017 BMW X5 ///M; Silverstone/ Mugello Red Leather/ Carbon Fiber Trim; 10/6/17 Performance Delivery

the real way to do WINTER MODE

Winglets removed
      Rubber floor mats installed
      Bridgestone Blizzacks on 17" POS winter rims

2004 S60R IPD TCV, K&N, R Kelly CAI, BSR cat-back and Stage 1 tune, IPD strut tower brace, IPD track spec sways, Stoptech rotors
      Car Pics

1982 245DL ...broken...

Am I going to rip my winglets off if I drive my car in the winter? My car has evolve lowering springs riding on 18inch Peg's...

Last winter in the North East. Seven feet of snow at the end of the season.

2006 S60 R | Titanium Gray | Nordkap | Sport Kit
      http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/x...40229_8125.jpg

2000 V70 SE

'09 A3 2.0TQ
      '71 914-4 2.0L - jackstands

Am I the only one who can't wait for winter? Every day I wake up to normal weather, or rain, I WANT SNOW!

Mine is not as fancy, but ready for sure.

refinished silver 17 inch pegs with Khumo ASX for winter, mounted and installed that day. Wash, clay bar, polished, waxed and 3 coats of forever black for winter prep, next day before pic. Just did the IPD upper engine mount, tranny mount and stabilizer bar mount same day as wheels. Checked all fluids, Angle gear (only a bit of weeping at 47k), struts look good, breaks are fine, etc, etc. Bring on the winter.

2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T - Silver, RWD 6MT
      TOTALED 1/10/12 -[/COLOR]2004 S60R Black Sapphire/Gobi, 55K Miles, 6MT
      IPD: R Kelly W/ K&N, Upper Mount, HD Trans Mount, Polly Stabilizer Bushings, Boost Gauge in Bezel Pod. Phuz: HD TCV
      Viva: HD CBV Snabb: Intake Pipe TME: Lowering Springs DEM Heat Sheild Part# 30783129.

Quote Originally Posted by tomedkaz View Post
      Hey Henry - I've got you center splitter.
      I wonder if it won't rip in deep snow, taking the winglets with it at the same time. What are your thoughts?

I'm thinking of installing L brackets to hold the middle splitter directly to the bumper.
      Hey!

I would suggest taking the splitter off for insurance. I ran with it in snow (see picture above) and it stayed on with no issues but: if you hit a hard packed ice chunk or snow, it will break. Now your idea of adding reinforcement to the splitter will work though. I did try to add spacers to the rear of the splitter to mount it directly to the bumper and it was super strong.

Hope that helps.

Henry
      2004 S60R [452/Atacap]

Quote Originally Posted by jstro View Post

Thanks
      As mentioned, about 1 inch ground clearance over winglets. The one I have is made out of Carbon Fiber so it is much stronger than the OEM winglets which are made from plastic. This spoiler is also available in fiberglass.

Henry
      2004 S60R [452/Atacap]

Awesome thread! Love the pics of the R's in snow, tough to do where I'm at...
      '05 Ti-Kap GT SR; Lost 8/21/17

From this:

To this:

I love ski season.

Videos of sexy swedish babe playing in the snow...

http://ss.otheron.com/rkelly/video/sideways.MOV
      http://ss.otheron.com/rkelly/video/donut.MOV

Video of me driving in the R while it is snowing, while a BMW has Epic FAIL.

http://ss.otheron.com/rkelly/video/BMWsnow.MOV
      2004 S60R MT Titanium/Nordkap, Premium, Comfort, Nav, Bluetooth, IMiV, ProSport
      2xCAI, BMC filter, Snabb Intake, Viva FMIC/Turbo/CBV, AEM H20 Inj, RICA Stage 3, EST DP, Mod EST Exh, GiroDisc 2pc rotors/SS lines/Ti Shims, IPD endlinks/25mm rear sway, OZ Superturismo LMs, Euro Headlights and so on...
      Link to R Kelly CAI @ IPD

Quote Originally Posted by R Kelly View Post
      Video of me driving in the R while it is snowing, while a BMW has Epic FAIL.

http://ss.otheron.com/rkelly/video/BMWsnow.MOV
      lol. that looked like me when I was driving my RWD last time i went to VA for the first time, is just so happened there was a snowstorm last christmas when I went. was driving straight sideways.

On the streets just before turning on to the main road.
      Rich
      2004 V70R Ti/Ata 6M
      (S6, Jeep GC, 996tt, 968 Cab, A3 tdi, 2014 Rotax TonyKart)
      Selling homes in Park City Utah

love that bmw fail video, RWD is not for snow

Here's my car sitting infront of EST .. too bad there were so many cars there or I would have parked it close to Frank's car...

New silver/clear side markers.

Winter setup: 17" Machined Pegs + Hankook iPikes W409 205/50/17 (same diameter as 235/45/17 but narrower tire), but do to the tire ratio, the car rides slightly higher and we've noticed it when I parked next to Henry's winter setup. Car looks different with these rather than the BBS CKs
      Last edited by DevolvR; 11-17-2010 at 11:25 AM.
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread Copper Work VX-XX 19" Staggered | DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White Wifey's Family Hauler | 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards
      12 S60 R-Design Ice White | Bone stock for now
      IG: @devolvR

Quote Originally Posted by lowenhart View Post
      I don't think there is a "winter mode" thread, so there it is!

I'll start, Here is mine, along with New
      • IPD R Boost Gauge
      • Custom Dash Cluster Pod
      • 18" Anthacite Pegasus wheels on Winter Tires
      • Crystal Side Markers

Henry
      As much as I like BBS rims this car looks so much more sick with the 18" pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by 05BruzaS60r View Post
      ^Art, do you leave your winglets on in the winter?
      Yes, I do. My winglets are shot There is no reason to take them off.
      With parking blocks, steep inclines/driveways, etc... my winglets just don't stand a chance here in CO. Besides, as you can see they kind of work as a snow plow
      SOLD - 2004 Volvo S60R 6MT with Atacama Leather - 19" OZ w/ 15/10mm Heico spacers, RICA Stage II, PhMIC, Phuz DP, EST Exhaust, IPD lower tranny mount, Elevate upper engine mount, TME Springs, IPD Track Spec Sways.
      2003 LX470 - Big a$$ tires and CB integration

Someone should do some foam based winglets
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread Copper Work VX-XX 19" Staggered | DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White Wifey's Family Hauler | 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards
      12 S60 R-Design Ice White | Bone stock for now
      IG: @devolvR

Lovely snow pictures. Always great to see the R in it's natural environment.
      Also makes me feel sorry for the R's who never see snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Slvr S60R View Post
      As much as I like BBS rims this car looks so much more sick with the 18" pegs.
      Thanks! I actually agree, I like the look of the pegs much more.

Henry
      2004 S60R [452/Atacap]

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast