Let's See Your R in Winter Mode! - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
      even with the snow covering most the cars they still look great guys.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by evilspoons View Post
      Are you just doing the fronts or did you have to get all four?
      Just doing the fronts for now as I got them to warranty them under extended warranty (StatedCare) at 67K miles - saw the warranty bill for over $2K tonight when I picked the car up. Feels like a new car up front. The rears need to be done but I just overspent on my Mustang engine swap so have to wait until the new year after Christmas bills are out of the way - plans are to replace rear shocks and spring seats also.

Quote Originally Posted by -Pascal View Post
      This is what I call winter mode over here.
      Sorry for the cell phone pics, that's all I had this morning.

Am I the first one to do a "chop top" on a VR?
      LOL...I've seen worse this week though...Not R's, but SOOOO many cars stuck...

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Back on stock pegs for winter with Hankook I*cept Evo tires

playing in snow

and back in the garage

Did finally find time whilst the sun was up and shining. Note the funky 'ballon' tires (225x55x17) i kinda bought by accident. they do work rather well though.

Maybe I'll wash her some time.
      2005 V70 Ti/Nord/M66

Quote Originally Posted by chrismtl View Post
      LOL...I've seen worse this week though...Not R's, but SOOOO many cars stuck...
      Wasn't stuck. Shovel (yes, no brush, shovel) the snow off the windshield, DSTC off and out we go with a healthy roar when the 3" DP finally caught its breath and cleared the tailpipes. I've been re-using the same parking spot too, no one seems to want to get in there, I wonder why... it's all good for the R!
      -Pascal
      2005 V70R 6MT ~ Ti Gray / Atacama ~ No it's not stock
      2015 Ford F-150 ~ Magnetic / Black ~ It's not stock either

Quote Originally Posted by tomedkaz View Post
      Interesting rack there

it's actually OEM, although in hindsight I should've gotten the flat kind as it can fit 4 snowboard as opposed to 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ledaaRt_2 View Post
      Did finally find time whilst the sun was up and shining. Note the funky 'ballon' tires (225x55x17) i kinda bought by accident. they do work rather well though.

Haven't seen you around town before, and those tires are huge?!! Are you not rubbing the tires at all?
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread Copper Work VX-XX 19" Staggered | DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White Wifey's Family Hauler | 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards
      12 S60 R-Design Ice White | Bone stock for now
      IG: @devolvR

Welcome to SS 'ledaaRt_2'!
      I'm guessing the picture was taken somewhere off Cherry Street??
      BTW - The big tires make for a lowered look whicle increasing grond clearance.
      Cheers!
      Ron
      2007 V70R GT, Black Sapphire, Nordkap, Nav, Sub Woofer & Bluetooth, Track Spec Sways, EBD & Resonator Delete, Four-C-Mod, Machined Pegs

I think you just started a new trend. I kinda like it!

Here is a few pics from our epic winter storm that passed through here last March... If you are in Tahoe. You have to check out Homeowood. That my new home now!!!

Actually heading up this weekend, un decided if I am taking the R but if I do I have the winterized equipment ready!!

06 V70R GT Magic Blue/Gobi: iPd stage 1 tune, iPd sways, JVC KWM150BT, fixing broken stuff
      Past: (3) 04 S60Rs, 06 XC90, 05 XC70, a couple of 854s, a manual swapped/slammed/19T'd 855 T-5R

Havent seen you around before? Looks like you found my "secret" photo spot

Henry
      2004 S60R [452/Atacap]
      [CFWERKS CF V Front Spoiler][CFWERKS CF Mirrors][CFWERKS Aluminum ECC Stereo Knobs][CFWERKS CF PCC Trunk][CFWERKS Dual Exhaust Panel][CFWERKS CF Gauge Pod][CFWERKS CF Sail Panels][CFWERKS CF Tail Light Trim][19x8.5 VANILLA BRC][Custom Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust w/PORSCHE 996 Tips][CFWERKS Crystal Side Markers][HEICO Springs][CFWERKS.COM]

Here some more from out last snow fall:

Also added a Roof Spoiler and Heico Pedals:

Henry
      2004 S60R [452/Atacap]
      [CFWERKS CF V Front Spoiler][CFWERKS CF Mirrors][CFWERKS Aluminum ECC Stereo Knobs][CFWERKS CF PCC Trunk][CFWERKS Dual Exhaust Panel][CFWERKS CF Gauge Pod][CFWERKS CF Sail Panels][CFWERKS CF Tail Light Trim][19x8.5 VANILLA BRC][Custom Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust w/PORSCHE 996 Tips][CFWERKS Crystal Side Markers][HEICO Springs][CFWERKS.COM]

Quote Originally Posted by Token Blk Guy View Post
      Here is a few pics from our epic winter storm that passed through here last March... If you are in Tahoe. You have to check out Homeowood. That my new home now!!!

Actually heading up this weekend, un decided if I am taking the R but if I do I have the winterized equipment ready!!

What wheels are these

Unseasonably warm today in Salt Lake (Mid 50's) so I took a few hours and cleaned the R up a bit (Wash, Woolite/ Lexol the interior and tire dressing).

Man this car turns heads when it's clean.

2006 Volvo S60 R 6MT; Black Sapphire/ ATACAMA w/ a Personalized PA Plate

2017 BMW X5 ///M; Silverstone/ Mugello Red Leather/ Carbon Fiber Trim; 10/6/17 Performance Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by 05BruzaS60r View Post
      Unseasonably warm today in Salt Lake (Mid 50's) so I took a few hours and cleaned the R up a bit (Wash, Woolite/ Lexol the interior and tire dressing).

Man this car turns heads when it's clean.

Dude - you need more manly ski/snowboard carriers! ....hehe just messing with you
      2004 S60R 6MT HILTON 2.5 Tuned
      CLICK HERE for Build Thread

My wife's car: 2015.5 XC60 CLICK HERE

^ You mean larger?

2017 BMW X5 ///M; Silverstone/ Mugello Red Leather/ Carbon Fiber Trim; 10/6/17 Performance Delivery

Looking good Justin... You see that our Rs made February of the desk 2011 Calandar
      06 Ti Grey SR w/Sport Pkg, Manual, IPD Stage II, Mototec Intake, 3in DP, Track Sway Bars, HD Endlinks, Boost Gauge, Silicone Vac Lines, Upr Engine Mnt, HD Trans Mount. SNABB Intake & Short Shifter,IPD 3" Oval Exhaust, Viva HD TCV, Synchronic CBV, Wg 7psi, Port Matched/Polished Intake Manifold, Victory Performance FMIC w/IMEC. http://www.dragtimes.com/Volvo-S60-Timeslip-19306.html

Quote Originally Posted by kmg_S60R View Post
      Looking good Justin... You see that our Rs made February of the desk 2011 Calandar

Thanks Kyle. You see the winglets are still holding up well even after a few snowfalls..

Naw I didn't know that. Good stuff though.

Looking good indeed other Justin. Hope you see your R again at the Garage Sale. Last year's GTG was fun. I'll have to snag one of the calendars this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Slvr S60R View Post
      Looking good indeed other Justin. Hope you see your R again at the Garage Sale. Last year's GTG was fun. I'll have to snag one of the calendars this year.
      Thanks Justin.

Yup already planning on making the drive out to PDX in May. Kyle and I have talked about another caravan (we are recruiting for others to join too).

Quote Originally Posted by lowenhart View Post
      Here some more from out last snow fall:

Also added a Roof Spoiler and Heico Pedals:

Henry
      Love the Exhaust tips!!! And the whole car!

One of the side effects of living where they salt the roads...

Last edited by qwkbrk; 01-20-2013 at 11:33 AM.
      '06 Long Roof R Magic Blue | Eroticama | 3-Pedal Arrangement | 222k miles | My story: Addicted to a new drug: torque, baby!!!
      '06 S2000 Berlina Black | Black | 27k miles - garage queen | RIP 10/05/17, now a parts car.
      '06 S2000 Berlina Black | Black | 26k miles - garage queen
      '07 Passat 2.0T Wagon | Deep Black | Wifemobile | 161k miles

Quote Originally Posted by qwkbrk View Post
      One of the side effects of living where they salt the roads...

And this is why my garage has Hot/Cold water spouts inside, so I can use warm water to get that stuff off.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

Hi Henry, when I saw your photo I knew the exactly location, as I live a little north east of there I thought it be cool to shot one from the same place. Only problem is, it gets dark to damn early now adays so it took me a while to do the deed.
      The tires are Semprits I thought it be fun to grab them as the price was good (for Canada) and they would be the same brand that my Dad had on our old '74 144 (BRG with Tan leather seats, learned to drive stick in this one). The size issue was due to a brain fart that confused 225x50 and 215x55 at time of (internet) purchase. They did rub at first primarily because the car rides on Eibach's, minor heat gun work on the liner and they work fine; turning circle not withstanding!

*Maybe I come out of ‘Viva Warpdrive’ now and then so that I can be seen from time to time!

*this is actually not true, as DT Toronto is a complete dog for any kind of driving joy…
      Last edited by ledaaRt_2; 12-14-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: photo add
      2005 V70 Ti/Nord/M66

Some more shots from today's storm. Great way to test CF!

Henry
      2004 S60R [452/Atacap]

Umm question from a west LA snow noob... How are lowered Rs with mud flaps in heavy snow places such as big bear.. My friend who grew up in big bear said I would be fine like right now but a little later in the season I'll get stuck since I don't have clearance.. Any comments about that statement??
      Quote Originally Posted by VolvokidS60R View Post
      You see me and Einstein have it right.... Expect the no socks thing he is on his own.
      2011 Subaru Legacy Limited 3.6R. New Venture!
      They all had things done to them.. 1998 S70 T5 White/Beige Blown Motor. 05/11
      06VR Titanium Grey/Gobi Totaled. 02/11 06SR Titanium Grey/Gobi Traded in for the VR. 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by GreensOlicious View Post
      Umm question from a west LA snow noob... How are lowered Rs with mud flaps in heavy snow places such as big bear.. My friend who grew up in big bear said I would be fine like right now but a little later in the season I'll get stuck since I don't have clearance.. Any comments about that statement??
      I think you should be fine, plenty R's with body kits have been able to get around, the key is to have proper tires and good driving skills.

Henry
      2004 S60R [452/Atacap]

Quote Originally Posted by GreensOlicious View Post
      He's right, once you bottom out on the deep stuff, you're stuck no matter what tires or skills you have. Sure, you can get through deep drifts with momentum, but you're not gonna start from a stop in 8 inches of heavy, wet, packed snow if you only have 4 inches of ground clearance.

We just had a huge storm and I was driving an XC70, and just backing it out of my garage maybe 20 feet to a plowed area through snow that was 12-15 inches deep took a lot of momentum and shoveling.
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

Here's my winter mode:

(Don't you hate me?)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post
      He's right, once you bottom out on the deep stuff, you're stuck no matter what tires or skills you have. Sure, you can get through deep drifts with momentum, but you're not gonna start from a stop in 8 inches of heavy, wet, packed snow if you only have 4 inches of ground clearance.

We just had a huge storm and I was driving an XC70, and just backing it out of my garage maybe 20 feet to a plowed area through snow that was 12-15 inches deep took a lot of momentum and shoveling.
      When it comes to the city I have the skill but snow don't know so I don't think I can go with henry on this one even though I've seen it happen I just can't take that risk of going from no snow driving to wabamm storm comes and I'm effed..

So thanks I guess the R won't be getting any pics in the snow anytime soon.. Haha I was so ready to buy a snowboard rack.. But I guess the one on my friends SUV will have to do another year..
      Quote Originally Posted by VolvokidS60R View Post
      You see me and Einstein have it right.... Expect the no socks thing he is on his own.
      2011 Subaru Legacy Limited 3.6R. New Venture!
      They all had things done to them.. 1998 S70 T5 White/Beige Blown Motor. 05/11
      06VR Titanium Grey/Gobi Totaled. 02/11 06SR Titanium Grey/Gobi Traded in for the VR. 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by GiRaff3 View Post
      I have decided that i would like to make sweet love to your winter mode.
      Dan
      http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/New%20moose/06 S60R-M Passion/Gobi ,sport body kit ,18in peg's,center speaker boost gauge,IPD upper and lower poly mounts,SNABB intake,IPD HD TCV,K&N, fender stripes 97 850R-Traded for the SR -00 V70R-Silver/blk-SOLD -96 850R-Blk/Tan-SOLD -97 850R-red/blk-SOLD -98 V70R Saffron-DD

Sadly...this is my winter mode
      Dan
      http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/New%20moose/06 S60R-M Passion/Gobi ,sport body kit ,18in peg's,center speaker boost gauge,IPD upper and lower poly mounts,SNABB intake,IPD HD TCV,K&N, fender stripes 97 850R-Traded for the SR -00 V70R-Silver/blk-SOLD -96 850R-Blk/Tan-SOLD -97 850R-red/blk-SOLD -98 V70R Saffron-DD

My R is a little SALTY!

Last edited by ari951; 12-15-2010 at 10:47 PM.
      2004 S60R MT | Black Sapphire/ Gobi | factory aero body kit | painted grill | painted headlight bezels | custom R badge front grill | 18" two tone metallic grey/black pegs | smoked tail light lenses | 20% tint | USA spec ipod interface | integrated subwoofer system | EBD delete | DEM heatsheild |http://picasaweb.google.com/10580646...NevjZSB6N72mgE

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast