What did you do to your S80 today? - Page 17
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

What did you do to your S80 today?

Took out my tailight surroundings to clean the gunk that’s accumulated inside of the crevices and also used a silicone lubricant on the rubber surroundings so that me disturbing them doesn’t create a leak later. IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg
      Janet Jackson is truly 'UNBREAKABLE'. My heartbeat. LOVE you for LIFE JANET!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

IMG_1314.jpg debadged
      Attached Images Attached Images

Do you know if the FL Taillight fit the non FL model?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Keule748 View Post
      Do you know if the FL Taillight fit the non FL model?
      What’s an FL model?

Quote Originally Posted by kyngofpop View Post
      What’s an FL model?
      Facelift

Quote Originally Posted by Keule748 View Post
      Facelift
      Aaah, ok. I think they do fit but there’s an issue with the LED’s in the newer housings.

Changed aw55-50sn automatic transmission fluid! 10 liter used till it was clear red comming out of the hose 🙂. Not sure if it improved on my issues but ateast i know the fluid is new now. Guess valve body is the issue. Hars raspy sound half way between 2nd and 3rd gear, only once after startup. Same each time i start the car and go from 2nd to 3rd gear...

Been a while since I posted in this forum, mostly been hanging out in the XC70 forum and putting miles on that instead.

Car has been sitting for months after developing a loud bearing noise coming from the rear.. decided to swap out the rear dif with a junk yard unit.

Was going well until I spotted the center bearing support rotted away. (damn NY winters!) I'm not sure how I didn't even notice this the last time I drove it.

Anyway, I though about finding a complete junkyard propshaft but decided against it as I'd have to go pick it up locally.

Luckily in my stash of old parts I still had the center bearing support from my 02 S60. After lining them up side by side it was a different design, but looked like it would work perfect. I just had to swap the grommets and epoxy the rubber back in.

(I mounted it backwards in this pic, I fixed that later.)

I also replaced the front CV joint with a newer OEM one and used some 660 retaining compound on the splines to reduce the backlash.

Got the new rear diff in, bolted up the driveshaft and turned it abit by hand and it feels good.

Unfortunately that's all I could get done this weekend. Rear suspension still needs to be assembled and need to work on the exhaust a bit (tip rotted out)

Things still todo:

*Headlight internals need to be polished and glass resealed.
      *Couple rust spots need attention.
      *Inside smells awful from a mouse dying in there last winter. So I might need to pull up the carpets at some point.
      *water coming in through HVAC intake seal

Hoping I get to drive it this summer and enjoy it with the new tires for a bit before I'm done with it.
      Last edited by Racer_S; 05-06-2019 at 11:14 PM.
      2004 XC70 2.5T AWD Crystal Green Pearl/Charcoal [230K] Mud Guards, 05- Wiper Arms, 305mm brake upgrade, Full LED Exterior, 1-inch lift Pic
      2003 XC70 2.5T AWD Silver/Charcoal [180K] XeMODeX, Mud Guards, 05- Wiper Arms, LED Headlights
      2004 S80 2.5T AWD Crystal Green Pearl/Light Sand [240K] Bi-Xenon, LED Foglights, 07 Turbo and rear diff

I took the front bumper off to try and diagnose leaking washer fluid. When it was all taken apart I couldn't find a leak anywhere. Filled the reservoir up completely full, but not a drop. I let it sit for a few hours, still no sign of a drop anywhere. Did it magically fix itself? Was I imagining it the whole time? Oh well, time to put it back together... As soon as I lift up the bumper to put it back together, it starts leaking. It's a steady flow. The leak was in the hose that goes to the headlight washers -- but when the bumper was hanging off the front it put enough tension on the hose in just the right spot to block the leak! A new hose is on the way.

edit: doh, posted in the wrong S80 forum...
      Last edited by Leto Atreides II; 05-07-2019 at 11:59 AM.
      Toby
      2008 S80 T6 AWD Black Stone / Anthracite Black 90k miles
      2008 XC90 V8 Ember Black / Offblack 115k miles
      SOLD: 2005 XC70 Lava Sand / Taupe 176k miles
      Sammamish, Washington

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17