What did you do with your s60 today? - Page 169
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 165 166 167 168 169
    Results 5,881 to 5,911 of 5911
      Nothing big... Just swapped out my aftermarket HIDs for some LEDs in the low beams. The light hitting the pavement seems to be less, so I'd deem these as a downgrade. They put out as much light, but it's more scattered I think. one thing of no, with my HIDs the lights were always aimed proper and I never had issues with people thinking my high beams were on. With the LEDs, not sure if the bulb doesn't sit perfectly seated, but I had to readjust both headlights after installing them. I only drove one night with them before I adjusted them, and I got a couple cars high beaming me thinking that my high beams were on LOL. So they are definitely bright. Although I'm using pretty cheap LEDs, I only got them to try as the base ring is removable which allows them to fit and get the spring clip to hold them in place like normal bulbs. A huge plus in my book since any other ones you'll probably need to remove the housings to properly install them. These are also very compact with everything built-in, including CANBUS compatibility and fans. They use CSP chips instead of COB which is also a plus. So far I'm sticking with them. Onto a couple pics, one without fogs on, and one with them on...

IMG_20191017_213229.jpgIMG_20191017_213319.jpg

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
      2004 S60 2.5T - Stock for now...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
      So clean, I love your S60. Color, wheels and all!

Tbh I HATE this grey but ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2000 Laser Blue V70R

What did you do with your s60 today?

Son just built my 3 inch straight exhaust. Tip inbound. Not braggin but he built and installed it in 3 hrs. He installed the OBX downpipe on Friday. Itís loud! Also, we may be picking up a 1990 760 for $300. Well cared for. Will be fun to have a rear wheel drive car. The guy will let us know when he returns in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Shamak; 10-21-2019 at 04:07 PM.
      2007 S60 T5; M66, Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s/Orpheus 17s, H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellows, Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, StopTech Street Performance pads, ss brake lines, 20mm H&R spacers, 80mm extended stud conversion, OBX catless downpipe, custom 3" exhaust, 4" stainless tip
      1999 V70 XC; auto, Sandstone Metallic: Stage 0, Borbet BS5s, 5mm H&R spacers, Koni Oranges, TME lowering springs, Mishimoto FMIC, Custom 3" exhaust, blue injectors, cool air intake, custom sound system
      1990 760; auto, antique plates, Tokico HD Blues, Midir 18s, 25mm H&R spacers, cut springs

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Whelp, just shy of 108k miles and we visited a shop to have the transmission serviced. I like to do my own work, hell, I even took a class in college 20 years ago regarding automatic transmissions, but decided to pay an expert to handle it right.

It was subtle, very subtle, but starting to blip a 500 rpm flare when gently shifting from 2-3, harder driving no issues up shifting, and occasionally, itíd have a rough downshift when getting on it to accelerate.

Thereís a local shop with a Volvo master tech, and they build/tune performance cars, so it was recommended to check them out so I wouldnít have to de-tune the car and go to the local Volvo/Range Rover dealer.

My invoice shows

- R&R a transmission accumulator

- New Volvo brake band piston # 30751262 (what we affectionately call the B4 servo cover)

- And around 10 quarts of fluid.

Now I was concerned as FCP says this does not fit my car, but IPD does, and I know all of our S60ís liked to use the same parts, so Iím not freaking out much.

Not going to lie, Iím super pissed that this issue presented itself in a late model, especially an 09, it was supposed to be resolved by 04-05, but, just a reminder to anyone cruising here, the ďlifetimeĒ fluid is good for the lifetime until the transmission dies, do yourself a favor, consider starting to do the 4 qt drain/fill before you develop an issue, I can tell you the kit I bought at FCP was like $28 (https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...sin-1161540kt2 ) and the bill for having a shop do this work was multiple hundreds of dollars, and a new tranny is whatever, $2-6 grand depending on source & work.

Anyways, going to do a bunch of driving over the next few days to make sure itís ironed out.

Stupid cars lol.

At least I can stop driving old car to work
      The daily, 2009 S60 2.5T AWD, Ice White, Shark Stage 1.
      The cruiser, 1972 164E, Alpine Blue Metallic.

For the most current photos of the day, find me on Instagram

Better to invest the several $$ hundred now than a few grand later on, so good call on that one. Anxious to hear how it irons out from your team driving and working it. I get bad flares, but only when the fluid heats up in LA traffic, unless I keep A/C on to keep the coming system temps down. The stock radiator has massive heat soak to the trans cooler in my experience and observations. I'll probably get a Hayden plate and fin external cooler to try to remedy that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
      Better to invest the several $$ hundred now than a few grand later on, so good call on that one. Anxious to hear how it irons out from your team driving and working it. I get bad flares, but only when the fluid heats up in LA traffic, unless I keep A/C on to keep the coming system temps down. The stock radiator has massive heat soak to the trans cooler in my experience and observations. I'll probably get a Hayden plate and fin external cooler to try to remedy that issue.

For sure.

I have no car payment now, so a few bucks to try to resolve this is worth it, I of course always want a new/different car, but honestly wanna keep this one for at least a few more years (big move in a few months and need to replace the wifey's high mileage Honda next year too).

Maybe I'll get around to wrapping my steering wheel tomorrow, I should have a quiet night at home lol.

Brembos painted and on.... finally. 4 inch tip on.
      Tore out some of the wheel liner. Spaced rears out with 20mm and fronts at 15mm. Donít have the energy now to put in my new HD strut mounts and bump stops

Last edited by Shamak; 10-25-2019 at 05:03 PM.
      2007 S60 T5; M66, Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s/Orpheus 17s, H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellows, Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, StopTech Street Performance pads, ss brake lines, 20mm H&R spacers, 80mm extended stud conversion, OBX catless downpipe, custom 3" exhaust, 4" stainless tip
      1999 V70 XC; auto, Sandstone Metallic: Stage 0, Borbet BS5s, 5mm H&R spacers, Koni Oranges, TME lowering springs, Mishimoto FMIC, Custom 3" exhaust, blue injectors, cool air intake, custom sound system
      1990 760; auto, antique plates, Tokico HD Blues, Midir 18s, 25mm H&R spacers, cut springs

Quote Originally Posted by Shamak View Post
      Brembos painted and on.... finally. 4 inch tip on.
      Tore out some of the wheel liner. Spaced rears out with 20mm and fronts at 15mm. Donít have the energy now to put in my new HD strut mounts and bump stops

Looks nice! How much clearance do you have between the wheels and calipers? I've heard that those wheels need 10mm spacers.
      2007 Volvo V70 2.5T - Mine
      2008 Nissan Titan SE 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed - Also Mine
      2012 Toyota Camry LE, 2.4 - Wife's
      2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0 - Daughter #1
      2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2.5 - Daughter #2

Yes, for the Orpheus wheels you need a 10mm spacer. My summer wheels (Midirs) work with these spacers, however, due to their offset they come a bit closer to the caliper. I usually go up 5mm with the Midirs to bump them out a bit. I have had the R calipers on for a couple years but just got around to painting them. R I just switched to my winter tires/wheels because the Bridgestone RE-11 summer/track tires were coming apart from within. this pic is not wheel rub- itís actually tearing apart.

Last edited by Shamak; 10-26-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Yikes. Something needs adjustments. Your calipers are the same color as your front door!
      Yes, for the Orpheus wheels you need a 10mm spacer. My summer wheels (Midirs) work with these spacers, however, due to their offset they come a bit closer to the caliper. I usually go up 5mm with the Midirs to bump them out a bit. I have had the R calipers on for a couple years but just got around to painting them. I just switched to my winter tires/wheels because the Bridgestone RE-11 summer/track tires were coming apart from within. this pic is not wheel rub- itís actually tearing apart.

"The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Yikes. Something needs adjustments. Your calipers are the same color as your front door!

True! Same color.

The tires are bad. 6 years old.

Threw on 10mm spacers for a different look. Running 235/45/17 for now. Thinking about moving up to 225/40/19. Talk me out of it?

2002 S60 T5- low mileage sleeper

Posting this here rather than starting a new thread. Anyone with 305mm T5 brake set up have any issues running 16" steelies? Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2013 XC60 T6: her's
      2008 C30: her first Volvo
      2007 XC70 Adventure: mine
      2002 S60 T5M: because it needed to be saved
      Past: 1999 V70 5sp, 2010 Mazda5, 2000 Audi A4 Avant 5sp, 1990 VW Fox 4sp

Quote Originally Posted by LarryM View Post
      Posting this here rather than starting a new thread. Anyone with 305mm T5 brake set up have any issues running 16" steelies? Thanks.

Running 305mm T5 setup with 16" Eurus wheels.
      2007 Volvo V70 2.5T - Mine
      2008 Nissan Titan SE 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed - Also Mine
      2012 Toyota Camry LE, 2.4 - Wife's
      2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0 - Daughter #1
      2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2.5 - Daughter #2

Last rip of the year on summer rubber. Back to Tethys and crappy tires. Will be interested in seeing how it drives going to a lighter 17" wheel over 18" Volutions.

Finally got around to installing the Spoiler King lip spoiler.
      I bought it a year ago on sale, busy life.

I'll definitely get better pictures but ran the space heater in the garage last night to get everything warm enough, used some adhesion promoter, and install went fast.

With the roof wrapped in black vinyl, the black and white contrast looks good, if I end up permanently mounting this then I'd look into having it painted, but for now, I'm a fan of the look

Last rip of the year on summer rubber. Back to Tethys and crappy tires. Will be interested in seeing how it drives going to a lighter 17" wheel over 18" Volutions.

I've got Tethys and snow tires for my setup too, they're great until you do snownuts and pack snow in the spokes and they get out of balance

Tethys are my 365/24-7 wheels with Summer rubber always on them.
      Of course they suck in the occasional mountain snow as I found out firsthand last winter.

It'll take more miles and data, but feels like the lip spoiler actually made the booty stick a little better at 80+, and may detract a little mpg, I dunno, also the first long road trip back on the winter rubber, so who knows.

Today was just down to Chicago, about 2.5 hours one way

Driving from Wisconsin to Southern Tennessee for a run in a few weeks, that'll be a good gauge as well

Quote Originally Posted by spiked60 View Post
      It'll take more miles and data, but feels like the lip spoiler actually made the booty stick a little better at 80+, and may detract a little mpg, I dunno, also the first long road trip back on the winter rubber, so who knows.

Today was just down to Chicago, about 2.5 hours one way

Driving from Wisconsin to Southern Tennessee for a run in a few weeks, that'll be a good gauge as well
      Man,, do I love your car! It's everything ya need and everything Ya don't need. Always great pics too!

Quote Originally Posted by spiked60 View Post
      I've got Tethys and snow tires for my setup too, they're great until you do snownuts and pack snow in the spokes and they get out of balance
      Yours look a lot better than mine. I think I'd like them a lot more if I spring for a refinish job.

Yours look a lot better than mine. I think I'd like them a lot more if I spring for a refinish job.

Possibly the worst wheels to refinish by hand, but there were cosmetically trashed and cheap on marketplace, so something like a few nights and $30 in primer and paint, they're decent for winter but not perfect

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb0iOPYF...=15cxgaqixags6

Iím all over the place.

Installed the upper Poly mount last night after work.
      Will be installing the lower transmission mount (poly as well) this weekend I think.

Stopped by the dealer last night to talk to service and get my car in to get the transmission checked by them since the last shop didnít give me much for solid info, which means I need to de-tune the car this weekend.

And also looking at V60CC & XC70ís, I kinda donít want a new car but kind of do, we have a cross country trip coming up soon and having a larger wagon would be great, but Iím not sure what I want right now.

I want a loaded V60CC but feel an XC70 will give more actual hauling ability, but my wife has and will always have a small/midsize SUV, so I donít really need the biggest wagon. I can grab a great deal on a V60 whereas the XC70ís are still pretty expensive (for a 2-3 year old Volvo yes Iíd want CPO for the warranty + would probably look at the 7/100 extension on it)

Also sad to know how little a dealer would give me for my S60, that may be part of the dilemma. And if I sold it private party, Iíd get more but want the transmission sorted out to sell it as a great runner, not a problem child.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

H&R springs going in! Fronts at least, not sure about rears. May just pay my local to do it.

H&R springs going in! Fronts at least, not sure about rears. May just pay my local to do it.

If you can do the fronts you can do the rears. Get the spring compressor with the forks. Super easy.

If you can do the fronts you can do the rears. Get the spring compressor with the forks. Super easy.

Agreed, fronts are more complex.

On the awd it takes some work to get the rear assemblies out of the area, but not terrible in my experience

This is what I used for the fronts. I take it the one with the forks is different since I can't imagine how I'd use these to get at the rears?

This is what I used for the fronts. I take it the one with the forks is different since I can't imagine how I'd use these to get at the rears?

Those are the ones, I rent them from whatever car store is close

With an impact driver I have it down to an art lol.

I've changed my springs, uh, 3 times now on my S60

Lowering Springs in.
      Lowering Springs out and oem back in.
      Then OEM R springs in.

On the awd it helps to push the rear suspension down to get the assembly out fast, I use a smaller jack (carefully lol) faster than removing bolted things.

Can't recall on the fwd though

Removed my Shark tune so that I can get the tranny checked at Volvo Tuesday, I can definitely say the car feels neutered without it lol.
      Oh well, I actually wanna keep this bitch for many years to come, so let's do the required maintenance

After this is sorted out I'll get my lower poly mount installed along with the T5 OTE pipe and ipd couplers, hopefully next weekend

VW Golf II - 1995-2000
      Audi 80 B4 - 2000-2003
      Suzuki Swift GTi - 2003-2008
      Audi A6 C4 - 2008-2014
      Volvo S60 D5 - 2014 and continue

Well, took the 09 to the dealer and they had 2 techs drive the car and they canít replicate the issue, nor do they think anything is wrong, and no codes, so they donít have any advice.
      Next step would be to do re-adaptations, but they suggested waiting until it progresses.

I guess itís in my head, Iíll have to have my wife drive it tonight and see if it happens to her, am I really that OCD or am I actually driving this in a funky way?

Barely noticeable 2-3 shift, 400rpm blip in the 3-4:

http://imgur.com/a/zq3bBp8

**** it, Iíll give it a week, Iíll be careful, otherwise Iím reloading the Shark tune & gonna keep going sideways into the snow

34. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 165 166 167 168 169