The following are tips and tricks I have discovered or seen reported that makes sense to have in one thread. I believe most are exclusive to Sensus-equipped models but some may also work on pre-2011.5 models.
1. While a song is playing you can navigate to a different song, album, artist, playlist, etc by first scrolling within the current track selection, then press Exit to move up the hierarchy to the level you need in order to to navigate to your next selection.
2. Scrolling a large list of media is a pain, but it is somewhat mitigated by being able to scroll backwards from the top of the list to start from the bottom.
3. Muting the sound is Volvo's equivalent to pausing media playback. While this can be done on the console by pressing the left-hand "power" button, it cannot be done on the steering wheel. However, pressing the Voice Command button is a quick workaround if you want to instantly mute from the steering wheel for a brief time.
1. If you are backing up and want your mirror on either side to move from either normal to rear tire mode or the reverse, simply touch the desired L or R mirror buttons and the mirror will switch to the other position.
2. If you would like to hear a chirp to confirm setting of the alarm, simply press the lock button a second time.
3. If you very briefly move the turn signal stalk up or down and release without going so far as locking in the turn position, the turn signal with flash for several seconds, long enough to signal a lane change.
1. When assigning phone numbers to speed dial locations, select the desired location, select assign, find your contact, highlight the phone number, the press and hold the OK button until you are returned to the speed dial screen.
Additions are solicited...