North American tow hitch?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

North American tow hitch?

Has anyone in USA/Canada had a tow hitch added to a 2011 S60 T6?

I can't find a Volvo part number and no success with third party suppliers. Is there a problem with adding a hitch to this car? I know it will require cutting a notch in the bumper cover.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Third Party- Etrailer.com which has pretty much any hitch made doesn't have any listing for the 2012 S60, or the 2011 60 which tells they aren't out there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcandy View Post
      Has anyone in USA/Canada had a tow hitch added to a 2011 S60 T6?

I can't find a Volvo part number
      At this time, no plans on offering a tow hitch for the S60 (North American markets).
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Grecian / RED - thanks for the responses, unfortunately it confirms what I suspected. Why provide a tow rating in the NA specs if there's no intent to offer a tow hitch?

Grecian - I believe p/n 3079-1002 should be the European draw member and tow ball. Can this be ordered in NA and will it fit a NA S60? I realize it will have a European mechanism for attaching the ball to the car, and that I would also need the module for the lights plus the correct wiring harness for the trailer.

Hitch now available

For anyone who finds this thread - Curt now has a Class II and Class III hitch available with a wiring module for the 2011 S60. Check their site directly or via HitchDepotUsa.com

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements