i think i broke my car..?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

i think i broke my car..?

just the other day the tires started spinning. never happened before ever! i believe it is only the fronts spinning under heavy acceleration. did i wreck my angle gear?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Did a yellow triangle pop up?
      '04 S60R. 6MT. Black. Snow Stg. 2 WMI, PhMIC, 3" DP, AMS, HD TCV, Track Spec sways, R boost gauge, F/R strut & subframe braces, silicone coolant hoses, poly tranny and top engine mount bushings, Powerslot rotors, SNABB intake, Forge CBV, kevlar timing belt, TMW short shifter, JRL mod, Powerslot rotors, SS brake lines, Ti brake shims, 3K HID fogs.
      '68 Plymouth Fury III. 318/727 Work in progress.

Well, that's not good. Could be DEM related too, but you are definitely without AWD if you're getting wheel-spin.
      '05 Ti-Kap GT SR; Lost 8/21/17

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vplay84 View Post
      Did a yellow triangle pop up?
      tractioncontrol triangle yes.

warning no

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinBob View Post
      Well, that's not good. Could be DEM related too, but you are definitely without AWD if you're getting wheel-spin.

any diagnostic for that?

Time to see what codes have been generated.
      '05 Ti-Kap GT SR; Lost 8/21/17

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinBob View Post
      Time to see what codes have been generated.
      Yup. If the DEM goes, you'll get a 'Anti-skid Service Required' warning or something similar. That's an electrical failure that the internal diagnostics will find. If your angle gear (or sleeve) went, your car's just going to be confused as to why the wheels are spinning (traction warnings).
      '04 S60R. 6MT. Black. Snow Stg. 2 WMI, PhMIC, 3" DP, AMS, HD TCV, Track Spec sways, R boost gauge, F/R strut & subframe braces, silicone coolant hoses, poly tranny and top engine mount bushings, Powerslot rotors, SNABB intake, Forge CBV, kevlar timing belt, TMW short shifter, JRL mod, Powerslot rotors, SS brake lines, Ti brake shims, 3K HID fogs.

That sucks about the wheel spin. You should def have it looked at to make sure that's all that is wrong with it!
      Traded In: 06 S60R 6MT Sonicama Elevate Exhaust, Phmic, iPD Stg II,Custom DP w/race cat, EST Ultra Flow Intake, Elevate Sways, SNABB Intake Pipe, SS DEM mod, BT, NAV, Miv w/X1

2019 XC40 T5 Inscription: Denim Blue/Blond
      Wheels: 20" 5 Spoke Diamond Cut
      Packages: Premium, Vision, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel
      Options: Premium Sound, Polestar Tune

Which tires were spinning? All of them? I've had the traction control light come on depending on how hard I'm driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My YouTube Channel & My Twitter @TheCastro
      I miss my R, but I don't miss the constant repairs

which wheels? Because under hard acceleration going from first to second i always spin all four wheels for a split sec.

Well hooked up my IPD data tool and have a ECM 6814 turbo signal to high. And a ECM 5200 ac pressure sensor faulty sugnal

AC won't make wheels spin.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybilotta View Post
      which wheels? Because under hard acceleration going from first to second i always spin all four wheels for a split sec.
      You probably have a busted sleeve then, and your just spinning the fronts. I thought the same, until I checked.
      2004 S60R Titanium/Atacama-Spec SM Flywheel, Phuz DP & FMIC, IPD HD TCV, UR F/R Strut Tower Brace, IPD UEM Bushing, IPD LTM. On-the-shelf-UR pulley, UR Lower F&R Braces, IPD HD Front Endlinks, Takspeed Titanium shims, Takspeed SS Brake lines, Takspeed R Pen
      2009 XC90 V8 RDesign Titanium- SS Brake lines, Rear R Calipers (On-Shelf wont fit with rims)

Quote Originally Posted by dave_n_ruth View Post
      You probably have a busted sleeve then, and your just spinning the fronts. I thought the same, until I checked.
      +1 I've never been able to do that unless it was raining with bald pirellis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My YouTube Channel & My Twitter @TheCastro
      I miss my R, but I don't miss the constant repairs

Yes, and I am sorry to be the one to tell you. No one wants to hear that, and the first tendency is to think we are just wrong. Even with my mods I just get hard acceleration, but no wheel spin. I drove another members stage 2 R one day and noticed it was not accelerating faster than my R (no mods at the time) and I was trying to figure out how to tell him something was wrong without breaking his heart. We were lucky to find it was just a FMIC hose popped off.
      2004 S60R Titanium/Atacama-Spec SM Flywheel, Phuz DP & FMIC, IPD HD TCV, UR F/R Strut Tower Brace, IPD UEM Bushing, IPD LTM. On-the-shelf-UR pulley, UR Lower F&R Braces, IPD HD Front Endlinks, Takspeed Titanium shims, Takspeed SS Brake lines, Takspeed R Pen
      2009 XC90 V8 RDesign Titanium- SS Brake lines, Rear R Calipers (On-Shelf wont fit with rims)

Volvo-tech had some great videos about getting the sleeve out. I can't seem to find them at the moment. Great way to save $1000.

You do not.
      2008 C30 2.0 6MT

2006 Ti SR 6MT - Scrapped by CMOD_R.

1984 242 Ti 4sp - Has moar power than Vio's Mom.

Maybe i said this wrong then. Im not legitimately spinning my tires as in burning out, but i can hear and feel them all catch at once between shifts going from first to second. The same noise as when i slip the clutch and the all wheel drive kicks in.

Maybe i said this wrong then. Im not legitimately spinning my tires as in burning out, but i can hear and feel them all catch at once between shifts going from first to second. The same noise as when i slip the clutch and the all wheel drive kicks in.
      If your R is 04-05, the haldex system takes a couple of rotations from the front wheels for the AWD to engage. What you are probably hearing/feeling is the fronts slipping for a fraction of a second and then the rears engaging. If you are able to spin all fours when shifting, then your car must be over 400 hp.

yes i have a 2005 MT so that makes a lot of sense! thanks for clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by vplay84 View Post
      Volvo-tech had some great videos about getting the sleeve out. I can't seem to find them at the moment. Great way to save $1000.

i do recall seeing some videos on youtube of a red s60r getting the sleeve changed but cannot find them anywhere!

any help would be greatly appreciated

Unless you are an EXPERIENCED mechanic, I wouldn't even try.
      2006 S60R Sonic Blue MT w/Gobi (none of that Nordcrap) SOLD I miss Heidi...
      2004 VW R32 Guess I have a thing for blue R's...
      1996 il rospo My 247,000 mile project car (still on it's first motor)

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullitt850 View Post
      Unless you are an EXPERIENCED mechanic, I wouldn't even try.
      Be brave.
      2008 C30 2.0 6MT

2006 Ti SR 6MT - Scrapped by CMOD_R.

1984 242 Ti 4sp - Has moar power than Vio's Mom.

it seems straight forward enough. i have seen it done. on video. if i can find that to reference to i will try it

I did this in my garage on jack stands. It was a PITA, but I enjoyed it and would recommend for you to do it. It was awesome to have my AWD back. Do not drive the car too much, the stripped sleeve will eventually wear down the splines on the angle gear itself. Then you will need a new angle gear.
      2004 S60R MT | Black Sapphire/ Gobi | factory aero body kit | painted grill | painted headlight bezels | custom R badge front grill | 18" two tone metallic grey/black pegs | smoked tail light lenses | 20% tint | USA spec ipod interface | integrated subwoofer system | EBD delete | DEM heatsheild |http://picasaweb.google.com/10580646...NevjZSB6N72mgE

Quote Originally Posted by ari lisner View Post
      I did this in my garage on jack stands. It was a PITA, but I enjoyed it and would recommend for you to do it. It was awesome to have my AWD back. Do not drive the car too much, the stripped sleeve will eventually wear down the splines on the angle gear itself. Then you will need a new angle gear.
      yah i am kind of excited to try doing it. i love working on the car when i can.

i have been driving it a fair bit recently. do you know if i am light on the gas if it will attempt to put me in rear wheel drive?

I can spin all 4 going from 1st to 2nd for a couple seconds.
      2018 Leadfoot Ford Raptor.
      05 S60R MT, Stock block 578AWHP, 12.2 1/4 mile at 124 mph. Built 804 AWHP. Built engine, Cnc ported head, Front & Rear LSD, Ported Gen 2 T4 GTX3584RS hybrid, Turbosmart 45mm WG, Tial QR Bov, Enem Y21 Cams, Radium Surge tank, 1700cc Id's, Triple Walbro 485's, PM3, Devils Own meth injection, speed density converted mafless setup, Bell FMIC, Snabb air box, Poly, Milletech intake manifold, IP plasma coils, IP Plasma lift. Snabb shifter. TTV Twin Clutch. GB Forgestar F-14's, Enkei RSF5, KW V2'S, Ur Braces, Vr sways, IPD toe bars. Built to the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by ari lisner View Post

also do you have a parts list of what you ordered to do the swap out?

Quote Originally Posted by badd View Post
      i have been driving it a fair bit recently. do you know if i am light on the gas if it will attempt to put me in rear wheel drive?
      No...the car is FWD biased. Regular driving will be FWD, while hard acceleration/slippery conditions will get you into AWD.
      2004 S60R Black Sapphire Metallic / Nordkap Seats and the 6 speed ---> IPD CAI w/ K&N Filter, IPD R-Kelly Intake, IPD R-Boost Gauge (V2), IPD Lower Trans Mount, IPD Upper Engine Mount, IPD Poly Sway Bar Bushings, IPD Downpipe, IPD Stage 2 Tune, GSX Intercooler & Piping, IPD HD TCV, IPD Silver Door Pins/Bezels, 7.5 psi wastegate, Updated Clutch/Slave, Mobil 0W-30, Redline MT90, TWM Shortshifter, TWM shift knob, TWM base bushings.

Quote Originally Posted by badd View Post
      also do you have a parts list of what you ordered to do the swap out?
      Call tasca.com order all parts from them. I do not know the part numbers and have been doing a search for previous postings about all of this, but I cannot find them. You need the sleeve kit. It comes with seals and sleeve. You also need transmission fluid. I will try and find all part numbers.
      2004 S60R MT | Black Sapphire/ Gobi | factory aero body kit | painted grill | painted headlight bezels | custom R badge front grill | 18" two tone metallic grey/black pegs | smoked tail light lenses | 20% tint | USA spec ipod interface | integrated subwoofer system | EBD delete | DEM heatsheild |http://picasaweb.google.com/10580646...NevjZSB6N72mgE

Quote Originally Posted by trav8832 View Post
      Not a chance unless you're using some horrible tires.

Quote Originally Posted by trav8832 View Post
      Perhaps if you had Meth inj and nitrous...
      SOLD 2004 S60R MT Titanium Gray w/ Gobi | 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Black w/ Gray Interior | AMSOIL Authorized Dealer | Message me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/BMacLeodTTR

Quote Originally Posted by Vio-TT-R View Post
      Perhaps if you had Meth inj and nitrous...
      In snow, you can spin them in 6th. On dirt road, you can spin them in 3rd. In rain, maybe in 2nd. Dry, in 1st after a very hard clutch dump for .5 seconds maybe.

I could spin my wheels momentarily at a stop light, but that issue was resolved when my AWD was fixed.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast