** Vendor Feedback Thread ** - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      again, in seriousness, before this thread is closed (Not sure why it hasn't been lol). If you like a business, feel free to praise it. If you're unhappy with a business, feel free to say why and let others know you're unhappy. The beauty of free speech and free will is that people can say as they please and other people can think for themselves. If people believe everything they read than they're probably going to end up . There ya go, done and done.
      Last edited by Foreveradvanced; 04-04-2012 at 05:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DevolvR View Post
      But is it your business to know? And for the record, how do you know if those previous transactions are not resolved? So on the full basis of just forum topics and complaints you're judging the vendor?

That's the entire basis of my debate.
      Yes it is my business to know. That's why every online store/merchant has reviews. I have the right to be informed by the previous clients about their satisfaction. By silencing the previous clients, every new client is susceptible to the same experience.
      Listen, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I'm just speaking from my perspective as a justice studies student.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreveradvanced View Post
      They only get bad PR if they deserve it We aren't stifling free speech here are we? Thats not very nice.
      "DevolvR shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the moderation team for a redress of grievances."
      SOLD 2004 S60R MT Titanium Gray w/ Gobi | 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Black w/ Gray Interior | AMSOIL Authorized Dealer | Message me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/BMacLeodTTR

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Senior Member 850arrrsaylikepirate's Avatar
      I don't think it's SS's is responsible to be the mediator of a vendor doing bad business. Nor do they want to be held responsible for bad PR.
      Huh, I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If a vendor is piss poor and we can't voice our opinions about it on a forum, then that's totally f*cked.
      2006 S60R - Black Sapphire~Nordkap~GT~iPd Track Spec Sways~TME Springs~TME DP-Exhaust~Bell FMIC~iMIV~E-Codes
      2009 XC90 3.2 AWD - aka the kiddo hauler
      1997 4x4 Nissan - Fook mi this thing is slow

Quote Originally Posted by atacamaR View Post
      I agree I'm not arguing that. I specifically say there needs to be a record of posts. I actually mention it in both posts. I'm not trying to defend either party here either.
      I hear ya and agree.
      2006 S60R - Black Sapphire~Nordkap~GT~iPd Track Spec Sways~TME Springs~TME DP-Exhaust~Bell FMIC~iMIV~E-Codes

^^ you don't have to explain it to me

We have a difference of opinion that's all. I feel better now that the posts have returned and/or get merged and what not.

Guys - try to keep the posts constructive. The CFWorks complaints are mild to the drama with Richard, Svenske and Alamo - those were some really interesting times during the height of P2 Rs. Several of us went up to Watkins Glen for a couple days and Richard drove up from Texas- those were the good ol' days when Rs were new ... yes, it was uphill both ways in the snow. Jim Lill did a great job coordinating that GTG.
      2016 V60CC Platinum | Beechwood Brown interior swap |
      2016 S60CC Platinum with lowered sport chassis | Polestar Performance Springs |
      20-inch Cratus wheels | Elevate GT5 Exhaust, rear sway bar, brake lines, rear spoiler
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

I get it that we should chill out or whatever, but Alfred, you can't delete posts because they don't appease you/ your friend Henry. My post was completely accurate and acceptable. I simply stated I decided to go with George at Viva strictly based on other's prior experiences. You're abusing your power when you silence people because they don't have the same opinion as you.

It's not really an interpretation. You have a connection, be it friendship or business with Henry. I've always taken Henry's side(look at the 2 other CFwerks gripe threads) but I was posting an opinion on the matter. I posted about ViVa because George sells the same products as CFwerks, but I haven't had an issue with shipping time or anything. To each their own, but we should allow unknowing members to see what has happened in the past with vendors.

That's your interpretation. I wanted to keep the thread constructive rather than destructive. If you think otherwise, that's fine. Oh, and mentioning Viva in a CFWerks thread was off topic.
      The only way to make such thread constructive is to call up Henry and tell him to give these people some answers. Suggesting Viva was actually constructive because it suggests an alternative/bypass to CFWerks. And considering Viva sells CFWerks products, I don't see the big deal. BTW, you say that the negative always outshines the good. When was the last time George was criticized for his customer service? All I've heard is praise for his outstanding handling of the business. Honestly, I don't know Henry, I don't know you. All I know is that he shouldn't run a business he can't handle, and you, as a moderator, shouldn't even get involved with threads involving CFWerks because you're highly biased. It's a shame that you think you can just delete people's posts and close a perfectly useful thread. I'm just glad that someone else saw the light and made a sticky.

P.S.
      This server is hosted in the USA so our laws apply. I'm not sure how Canada works.
      Last edited by usgiorgi; 04-04-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by usgiorgi View Post
      The only way to make such thread constructive is to call up Henry and tell him to give these people some answers. Suggesting Viva was actually constructive because it suggests an alternative/bypass to CFWerks. And considering Viva sells CFWerks products, I don't see the big deal. BTW, you say that the negative always outshines the good. When was the last time George was criticized for his customer service? All I've heard is praise for his outstanding handling of the business. Honestly, I don't know Henry, I don't know you. All I know is that he shouldn't run a business he can't handle, and you, as a moderator, shouldn't even get involved with threads involving CFWerks because you're highly biased. It's a shame that you think you can just delete people's posts and close a perfectly useful thread. I'm just glad that someone else saw the light and made a sticky.

P.S.
      This server is hosted in the USA so our laws apply. I'm not sure how Canada works.
      Read post what I wrote to R.Photo. I'm seriously upset at this if you guys really think that way, but, I guess I'll let it slide.
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread Copper Work VX-XX 19" Staggered | DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White Wifey's Family Hauler | 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards
      12 S60 R-Design Ice White | Bone stock for now
      IG: @devolvR

Read post what I wrote to R.Photo. I'm seriously upset at this if you guys really think that way, but, I guess I'll let it slide.
      I think it's just the fact that every time you've taken Henry's side. I did as well first couple of times because the accusations were just unfair. Or so I thought. It's very difficult to judge things over the internet, so I may be mistaken when I say that you're biased. If I'm wrong, I humbly apologize. But as far as censorship goes, I do still think that deleting those posts was wrong.

In any case, I don't want to go any further with this. I just want you to know that we'll respect you as a moderator, only if you give us a truly unbiased and fair treatment.
      Have a good day sir.

In no way am I targeting you DevolvR, I like who you are I really do you've got a friendly personality. I feel like this thread should just lay to rest and we should all move on merrily, especially because tempers are flared.
      Last edited by BMac_R; 04-04-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Apologies.
      SOLD 2004 S60R MT Titanium Gray w/ Gobi | 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Black w/ Gray Interior | AMSOIL Authorized Dealer | Message me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/BMacLeodTTR

Quote Originally Posted by tmorefi View Post
      I was wondering if anybody knows how to get in touch with Henry from Carbon Fiber Werks. I ordered new front winglets from him and paid via paypal 3 months ago and can't get any response from him. I just want the product or money back. I have left a dozen voicemails and emails.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenhart View Post
      Send me an email folks for all those inquiring about your orders. [email protected]

Yes, I'm a busy guy, but orders have been sent!

Thanks

Henry
      To get this thread going in another (better) direction:

OP - it looks like Henry responded to this thread so send him another email. AND if things get resolved please update this thread so others can get your thoughts, thanks.

Is it completely off topic to mention ViVA? Don't they sell the same products?

Also, why not post it in the R forum? Most people will see it here who are potential buyers. That's the simple truth. Are you really going to move it to another forum because of a technicality? Furthermore, Chris created this thread in the R Forum, so that's kind of a mixed message, no?
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

1997 850 GLT - Daily Driver Check It Out
      2007 S60R - - FOR SALE -285 awhp/305 ft-lb
      Sometimes I sing too

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      We have repeated threads rehashing the same complaints. Those who were here in the '05-07 time frame remember the thread after thread trashing of Svenske and Alamo.

So we do not have repetitive threads, please post questions and comments about a particular vendor or individual seller in this thread. I will try to merge in previous threads. If you see a thread that should be included, drop me a PM.

Thanks!
      Chris
      Here are my experiences with vendors.

IPD - Great customer service. Some of their products are a bit lacking in quality, but the big stuff is all top notch. They are also quick to respond and help when customers have a problem with their products.

ViVA - Great customer service, especially for such a small company. George is always very helpful in answering questions and helping me get what I need.

Eurosport - Great customer service, high quality product. Wouldn't hesitate buying anything from Frank.

Elevate - Slow to respond sometimes, but all I've ordered is an upper engine mount. It's good quality and the fit was perfect.

Tasca - Great source for OEM parts, good customer service when you can get them on the phone. Shipping speed is great if they have it in stock. Otherwise, takes a bit.

TKI - only ordered end links, but I received them quickly and Josh personally reached out to update me on the transaction. Seems like a great small shop.
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

This thread started off as a CFWerks complaint with post #2. Not the thread title and starting post, you see now. So it needs a cleanup. I'll leave that to Chris or else this censorship accusations will go to another level.
      My point was this. If someone posts "don't use CFWerks, they take forever. Use ViVA instead because they have the same products", is that off topic?

Maybe this thread should have been cleaned up long ago? It looks seriously similar to every other Henry thread. Here's the ingredients:

-someone posts about not receiving something from Henry for months
      -Henry usually blames Canadian post
      -the rascals from New England (they know who they are) add senseless fuel to the fire
      -DevolvR claims to take the high road, but falls victim to his friendship with Henry (sorry dude, you can't be unbiased and it really does show)
      -Chris tells everyone to clean it up
      -Blackhole

Did I miss anything? Clean this ish up and let people post (monitored) vendor reviews here
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

Guys, to defend DevolvR, he isn't censoring. He's probably removing stupid posts which he should, so give him a break on that. If you really think that he is abusing his moderator privilages, you should contact Chris with your complain. Personally, I think it would be complete bulls***. He's been doing a great job and understands his new responsibility.
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

You missed a lot pRienzo, it's completely out of context now and makes me look really bad. I don't know what else I can say.
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread Copper Work VX-XX 19" Staggered | DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White Wifey's Family Hauler | 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards

Henry threads suck
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

You missed a lot pRienzo, it's completely out of context now and makes me look really bad. I don't know what else I can say.
      Aw, we still love ya Alfred Don't worry, these posts won't exist much longer

?
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

Quote Originally Posted by prienzo View Post
      Guys, to defend DevolvR, he isn't censoring. He's probably removing stupid posts which he should, so give him a break on that. If you really think that he is abusing his moderator privilages, you should contact Chris with your complain. Personally, I think it would be complete bulls***. He's been doing a great job and understands his new responsibility.
      I agree...but my post wasn't really stupid.
      "Yeah unfortunately this has happened a few times in the past, I ended up going with George at ViVa who is golden in customer service. I like how this 96plat kid pointed out Vio's comment, and not rmorse's. Don't play favorites now!"
      I joked at the end, but my point was clear and absolutely related to the OP's issue, so he wouldn't think this is an isolated event and get nervous about his money.

I just read all of the posts you deleted DevolvR. I agree that all of them except Zacks were bad unhelpful. So you were 100% right to remove them from a thread like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prienzo View Post
      Aw, we still love ya Alfred Don't worry, these posts won't exist much longer

?
      Huh, your last few posts are off base as you weren't here when it started yesterday. You weren't here when posts were deleted, you weren't here when the thread was locked yet the mod was still posting in it while others couldn't, your comments aren't helpful. But thanks for rehashing it all over again

Let's move this thread into the direction of its NEW title and get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 850arrrsaylikepirate View Post
      Huh, your last few posts are off base as you weren't here when it started yesterday. You weren't here when posts were deleted, you weren't here when the thread was locked yet the mod was still posting in it while others couldn't, your comments aren't helpful. But thanks for rehashing it all over again

Let's move this thread into the direction of its NEW title and get on with it.
      You're welcome
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

Quote Originally Posted by 850arrrsaylikepirate View Post
      you weren't here when the thread was locked yet the mod was still posting in it while others couldn't
      Joe, are you still upset over it?

Here, will this make you feel better?

I'm not upset over it at all chillax bro, and most definitely thanks for the pics

I was just wishing to not go over it all over again but thanks to Prienzo we did. Plus by the looks of his posts he didn't get what went down.

I'm chill with it now, the posts have returned we worked it out now we have hot pics, all is good.
      Last edited by 850arrrsaylikepirate; 04-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.

How am I supposed to know what posts were deleted? I simply signed on, read the posts, and commented.

However, to show there are no hard feelings.
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

Nothing is deleted at this point (well just one, of a post I made myself after I realized it was getting personal)

what a joke,

should a person create two threads then?

1. to complain about not getting a product?
      2. one to receive advice on products from forthright vendors?

But how does lighting up a vendor's reputation really help the situation other than preventing others to buy? It gives no other options for the vendor to improve or at least resolve. That's why most complaint threads about Evolve/Elevate or any other vendor gets removed from the forums.

Is your intention to force CFwerks to be out of business or do you want to help the OP at getting their transactions resolved?

By posting negatives here is forcing the latter, not the resolution. If you can understand that, then you will understand why I'm removing such posts.
      How do posts like the following fit into these constructive guidelines:

"I would be VERY hesitant for anyone intersted in buying any B-Line products or from Luciano/F1Volvo1 directly" (DevolvR)

"Anyway I'm done here, just a WORD of warning for those who are remotely interested in B-Line Products or F1Volvo1/Luciano's sales" (DevolvR)

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...hlight=luciano

Is there some contradiction here? Or just selective rules for site sponsors?
      04 V70R. Passion Red. Gobi. Heico Springs. GSX Downpipe. ipd Stage 2. ipd Sways. R Kelly CAI. Phuz TCV. Powerflex mounts

^^ In all fairness those comments were made before he was a mod.

First of all, this is an individual. Secondly as Pirate has mentioned, this was before I was a mod almost 2 years ago. 3rd, I was the victim and directly affected me and I had a right to complain.

Now go back and ACTUALLY read what I posted from page 1 and not skim through these post to pick words or comments what you think is relevant to pose against me.

Since when did this become a Moderator Feedback thread? This isn't good cop bad cop, I'm a former and still a forum regular with a bit more priviledges on this forum. My opinion DOES not reflect Swedespeed.

You know, this is far more than what I signed up for, can I break my contract? LOL
      This is nothing personal--everyone would agree that you're a great mod, but this contradiction underscores the point many have communicated in this thread.

You had a problem with a vendor- B-line/Luciano, in the same respect that many have had issues with CFW/Henry (they are both individuals/vendors so I see no real distinction). He sold you shi^$ product, and you very rightfully and publicly complained. The intent of the complaint wasn't some altruistic move to improve the vendor, it was rather to warn others to stay away. You were right with your actions in that thread, just like the complaints of your fellow board members in this thread are fully relevant, not "spam" or "petty" complaints as alluded elsewhere.
      04 V70R. Passion Red. Gobi. Heico Springs. GSX Downpipe. ipd Stage 2. ipd Sways. R Kelly CAI. Phuz TCV. Powerflex mounts

Quote Originally Posted by natron View Post
      This is nothing personal--everyone would agree that you're a great mod, but this contradiction underscores the point many have communicated in this thread.

You had a problem with a vendor- B-line/Luciano, in the same respect that many have had issues with CFW/Henry (they are both individuals/vendors so I see no real distinction). He sold you shi^$ product, and you very rightfully and publicly complained. The intent of the complaint wasn't some altruistic move to improve the vendor, it was rather to warn others to stay away. You were right with your actions in that thread, just like the complaints of your fellow board members in this thread are fully relevant, not "spam" or "petty" complaints as alluded elsewhere.
      let me clarify(how many times)? I've never said you can't complain about a vendor, the only posts I deleted were comments that were not helpful to the OPs complaint.
      It's considered spam if(not conlusively as I may be missing something); repeated more than once by the same individual, rehash of the same subject more than once, or no relation posts to the R forum(well maybe not this, but it should be moved).

I used the words "Petty" regarding the complaints directed at me regarding the censorship debacle. Or free speech or whatever, not about the victims out their money or products. Please retread all the posts Natron, everything is within context, and if you read from somewhere in between your going to be commenting on stuff that has been already expressed!

I want this thread to focus on the vendors, and not myself. Please!
      Last edited by DevolvR; 04-28-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Ok guys - let's take a deep breath and refocus and not keep rehashing if Alfred should or should not have deleted posts. We all make mistakes and we learn from them. Posts will not be deleted from this thread, nor should they be from another thread, unless the post violates the user agreement. A moderator should remain objective [ you guys make it hard sometimes ] and as volunteers, we do the best we can.

As I alluded to with the first post of this thread - its purpose is to provide one location for the R Forum to ask/complain/praise/et al about vendors - having repeated threads over and over about the same vendor takes away from the regular content of the R forum.

I don't know if our version of forum software is setup with a rating system for vendors but if it is an option, we can certainly explore it. OR maybe I setup a Vendor Feedback forum and all threads about vendors could be posted in there and and would not affect other forums. A sticky in each forum could redirect readers. I'll see how VW Vortex handles this sort of drama as they have a few million more hits a day and quite a few more vendors. For a business to be successful over the long-term, quality customer service is essential. Without it customers will find other businesses to fulfill his or her needs.

thanks
      2016 V60CC Platinum | Beechwood Brown interior swap |
      2016 S60CC Platinum with lowered sport chassis | Polestar Performance Springs |
      20-inch Cratus wheels | Elevate GT5 Exhaust, rear sway bar, brake lines, rear spoiler
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast