S60 R-Design transformation progress
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

S60 R-Design transformation progress

In my area, there is no R-Design model for choose. So I start to find the way to transform my S60 T5 to the R-Design as much as possible. Thanks for the inspiration of wdimagineer and the help of seaton463, here is my current transformation progress...

R-Design Steering Wheel

R-Design Gear Knob

R-Design Mirrors Cover

R-Design Strut Brace

The transformation is not completed yet. Hope that I can keep working on it.
      VOLVO MY11 S60 T5 Flagship
      704 Vibrant Copper + 3101 Black Interior
      | +R-Design Steering Wheel & Gear Knob & Strut Brace & Mirrors Cover & Name Plate | +K&N Air Filter | +Sport Pedals | +Exterior Styling Package | +Rear Spoiler | +Front Blind View Camera | +Engine Protection Shield | +TPMS | +Net Pockets |

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The R-Design Rear Diffuser looks good on a T5 if you also have the chrome exhaust tips installed. The tailpipe diameter is not quite as large as the R-Design tailpipe, but with the chrome tip accessary available for the T5, it still fills it in nicely.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 Saville Grey / Off black, Premium / Climate package, PCC, Nav Prep, Chrome exhaust tips, 50% Tint, R-Design mirror covers / rear diffuser, OEM Blk/Silk shift knob, Tempa Spare, Trunk Spoiler - Wishlist: Sport Pedals
      2002 Volkswagon Jetta VR6 wagon 115,000 miles.
      2002 Volvo S60 2.4 271,900 miles. (Traded 7/8/11)

Congrats. Glad to see you were able to make some progress.
      2011 S60 T6 AWD - Ember Black, Off Black, Climate, Premium, Technology and Multimedia packages, PCC, Polestar, Sport Pedals, Load Bars/Bike Racks, Cargo Mat/Nets, R-Design Rear Diffuser, Strut Tower Brace, Springs and shocks, IPD Rear Swaybar, 50% Tint, LED Conversion
      2006 V50 T5 AWD - Barrent's Blue, Black Interior, Premium and Climate packages, IPD Skidplate, IPD HD Endlinks, Viva Rear Swaybar, EST Strut Tower Brace, LED Conversion

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The upgrade to the R-Design Diffuser looks great? I have a T5 on order and already have chrome SS tips ready for when I get the car later this year. I am seriously considering the Difusser upgrade after seeing your pictures. How long did it take to put on the R-Design Diffuser? Any special tools needed?

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingsessions View Post
      The upgrade to the R-Design Diffuser looks great? I have a T5 on order and already have chrome SS tips ready for when I get the car later this year. I am seriously considering the Difusser upgrade after seeing your pictures. How long did it take to put on the R-Design Diffuser? Any special tools needed?
      I have installed the Exterior Styling Package when I got my ride. Although the R-Design rear diffuser does look good, but I have to put it in lower priority. R-Design shocks and springs will be my next target (Heico spring is too low and too expensive to me).
      | +R-Design Steering Wheel & Gear Knob & Strut Brace & Mirrors Cover & Name Plate | +K&N Air Filter | +Sport Pedals | +Exterior Styling Package | +Rear Spoiler | +Front Blind View Camera | +Engine Protection Shield | +TPMS | +Net Pockets |

I just got a call that my 2012 S60 T5 should be in around Thanksgiving! I ordered the R-Design Rear diffuser from VIVA Performance and have the chrome tips that I will install. I have read that the install is fairly easy but that you need Torx screwdriver. What size Torx driver do I need? Anyone?

If I recall correctly it is a T25 or T30. You might just want to pick up a cheap set of bits and a magnetic bit driver to have around. They always seem to come in handy in my garage.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/Acc...6422-1/NOTHING
      2011 S60 T6 AWD - Ember Black, Off Black, Climate, Premium, Technology and Multimedia packages, PCC, Polestar, Sport Pedals, Load Bars/Bike Racks, Cargo Mat/Nets, R-Design Rear Diffuser, Strut Tower Brace, Springs and shocks, IPD Rear Swaybar, 50% Tint, LED Conversion
      2006 V50 T5 AWD - Barrent's Blue, Black Interior, Premium and Climate packages, IPD Skidplate, IPD HD Endlinks, Viva Rear Swaybar, EST Strut Tower Brace, LED Conversion

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by seaton463 View Post
      If I recall correctly it is a T25 or T30. You might just want to pick up a cheap set of bits and a magnetic bit driver to have around. They always seem to come in handy in my garage.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/Acc...6422-1/NOTHING
      If volvo share the same size of screw for the most of the parts, then the screw driver size should be T25 or T25H.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements