I <3 Plastidip-New Look
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

I <3 Plastidip-New Look

After a few success stories I decided to go for it. Painted the grill, slash, and wheels. Went on super smooth and seems very durable. We'll see how they hold up to the Florida sun, but for the price I cant complain. Im already getting more looks in a couple days than I have since I took ownership of the car in March. Also added was 15% tint all around. I have 15mm spacers on the way and am going to have to taillights lightly smoked and do the black headlight mod to complete the look. Sorry for the crappy pics

BEFORE:

AFTER:

The R is gone! Replaced with a 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4 Stage 2+ w/meth

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

looks good ! What did you do to prep the wheels for the plasti-dip? I want to try it out on my winter wheels.
      2005 Red MT R| Dual CAI|Snabb Intake|OBX DP|Custom Exhaust Cut-out|Custom FMIC|AEM Stage 2 Water/Meth Injection| IPD HD Endlinks| Bob Villa Mod| Polyurethane Engine + Transmission Mounts| Prosport Evo Boost Gauge| Eibach Springs| Forge CBV|ARD TCV|Five-O 750cc Injectors|K24 Hybrid Turbo|Custom Tune|

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybilotta View Post
      looks good ! What did you do to prep the wheels for the plasti-dip? I want to try it out on my winter wheels.
      Just sprayed them down with cleaner and water to get all the crap off them and then dried them.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Loving the look... Though I am a biased review...
      06 Ti Grey SR w/Sport Pkg, Manual, IPD Stage II, Mototec Intake, 3in DP, Track Sway Bars, HD Endlinks, Boost Gauge, Silicone Vac Lines, Upr Engine Mnt, HD Trans Mount. SNABB Intake & Short Shifter,IPD 3" Oval Exhaust, Viva HD TCV, Synchronic CBV, Wg 7psi, Port Matched/Polished Intake Manifold, Victory Performance FMIC w/IMEC. http://www.dragtimes.com/Volvo-S60-Timeslip-19306.html

Looks good..I've been considering doing my winter pegs as well. Did you mask them and spray them with the tires on? Or did you have the tires removed and remounted?
      2004 V70R 6MT...mine // 2x Britax Boulevard // Autotech tune // TME DP // Custom Dual Exhaust // R Kelly CAI // SNABB intake & intercooler // Elevate anti-sways // TKi endlinks and toes // TME Springs // Heico 18" Volutions // Bob Villa Strut Brace // IPD Mounts // TWM SS // IPD Boost Gauge // Hard Wired V1 // IMiV // ViVA CBV

Quote Originally Posted by ydowork View Post
      Looks good..I've been considering doing my winter pegs as well. Did you mask them and spray them with the tires on? Or did you have the tires removed and remounted?
      Just stuck some index cards between the tires and wheel.

Thanks guys!

looks good.
      needs a drop and a body kit
      2004 S60R 6MT HILTON 2.5 Tuned
      CLICK HERE for Build Thread

My wife's car: 2015.5 XC60 CLICK HERE

Drop, yes. Body kit, not so much. Im done worrying about ground clearance, my last car had to go over speedbumps sideways...not to mention my wife drives the car every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowRolla View Post
      Drop, yes. Body kit, not so much. Im done worrying about ground clearance, my last car had to go over speedbumps sideways...not to mention my wife drives the car every once in awhile.
      ...i thought all wives drive SUVs...?
      2004 S60R 6MT HILTON 2.5 Tuned
      CLICK HERE for Build Thread

My wife's car: 2015.5 XC60 CLICK HERE

Haha! I like it!

I spent a productive hour at work today looking at options/methods to plasti-dip my winter pegs. I'd really like to paint them a dark bronze but seeing as it's been in the teen's every morning for the past week or so I might have missed my opportunity and will need to put the snows on soon. Plasti-Dip will clean up my current pegs and allow me to remove the paint easily should I decide to go another route next spring.
      2006 S60R MT //Sapphicap//Sport_Premium_Climate_Convenience//18" OZ Ultraleggeras//TME Springs//phMIC//Viva SM Flywheel//OBX DP//Ipd: Boost Gauge & Poly Upper Engine + Trans Mount//Bob Vila//EST Exhaust//Fitzy Gauge Pod//

1999 Chevy Suburban. Beastly.

Ok now you need to tint your side markers, tint your tails, paint your calipers and you can be my twin brother!

2005 Volvo S60R Ti/Nordkap *NAV, Climate Package, Premium Package, 18" Flat Black Retarded Flying Horse Wheels, 10mm spacers (all around), Engine Stabilizer Upper Polyurethane Bushing, HD Polyurethane Transmission Mount, Polyurethane Upper Engine Mount, GROM iPOD unit, 2 10" Infinity Subs, Phuzzy Motorsports HD-TCV, 3.5" Air Intake, Green Calipers, UR Brace Bars (Upper Front and Rear), IPD DEM Shield*

Quote Originally Posted by ions View Post
      Ok now you need to tint your side markers, tint your tails, paint your calipers and you can be my twin brother!

Shoot me a PM on how you did your tails. Im debating on vinyl or spray.

Use the spray for tinting the taillights. I tried to do mine with tint at first but it was an incredible PITA. The tails come out very easy and the spray makes it look clean. Two coats if you're looking for a light smoked look or five coats for a really blacked out look.

Grill looks good especially. I did the same to mine, however countless highway driving (high speed driving in general) has caused a few rock chips. Its nothing you can see from a distance but up close its noticeable. I suppose a respray every now and then wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
      Last edited by iwant one; 11-10-2011 at 08:54 AM.
      2006 Black Saphire/ Gobi S60R...Phuz DP, Custom 3" Exhaust, R kelly w/ K&N, RICA Stage II, Eibachs... http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/...importraceram/

Did you flip them over and paint the insides too?
      2004 V70R 6MT...mine // 2x Britax Boulevard // Autotech tune // TME DP // Custom Dual Exhaust // R Kelly CAI // SNABB intake & intercooler // Elevate anti-sways // TKi endlinks and toes // TME Springs // Heico 18" Volutions // Bob Villa Strut Brace // IPD Mounts // TWM SS // IPD Boost Gauge // Hard Wired V1 // IMiV // ViVA CBV

Quote Originally Posted by MountainR View Post
      Haha! I like it!

I spent a productive hour at work today looking at options/methods to plasti-dip my winter pegs. I'd really like to paint them a dark bronze but seeing as it's been in the teen's every morning for the past week or so I might have missed my opportunity and will need to put the snows on soon. Plasti-Dip will clean up my current pegs and allow me to remove the paint easily should I decide to go another route next spring.
      PlastiDip = Great stuff
      I plastidipped my winter setup (have yet to put them on yet though). You can definitely try Rustoleum's hammer finish line as the top coat for a Bronze look.
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread Copper Work VX-XX 19" Staggered | DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White Wifey's Family Hauler | 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards
      12 S60 R-Design Ice White | Bone stock for now
      IG: @devolvR

Your car would look more aggresive/sexier without that blue volvo badge on the grille.

Other than that I CANT BELIEVE YOU PAINTED YOUR PEGS!....boooo.

A for effort though =)

I did this to my winter pegs today. Turned out awesome. They had a bit of curb rash on them, but with the plasti-dip finish it covers the curbage up nicely. Alot cheaper than powder coating too. Plan on using at least two cans though for a set of 4 wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by ions View Post
      SlowRolla! Shot me a pm. I wanna be the triplet. lol. You gotta show me how you did this. Ive been debating black pegs forever! R looks good too bro!
      94 940 Turbo Sold.
      01 Volvo C70 Totaled.
      04 SR GT TiGry Sold.
      07 SR GT Silver 19" Pegasus,IPD Tune,Intake,Exhaust,Downpipe, Mishimoto Intercooler and Forged CBV
      13 S60 R Design

Quote Originally Posted by adale View Post
      SlowRolla! Shot me a pm. I wanna be the triplet. lol. You gotta show me how you did this. Ive been debating black pegs forever! R looks good too bro!
      Thanks! Ill hit ya up once Im off work.

23. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements