'99-'00 Manual Swaps
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

'99-'00 Manual Swaps

Curious on the status of ECU programming to swap a manual trans into a 1999 or 2000 V70. It's my understanding that a 1998 is easier and allows for a simple ECU swap, so I'd like to know if folks have figured it out for the newer models.

Chilled Man?

Any input would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Start here. Short answer is IPD tune will do it.

Thanks for the input - I'm a huge fan of your X! I'm looking at V70Rs, with the thought that I might some day try to throw in an M66, and curious whether I need to limit myself to 1998s.

I actually read all 16 pages of that thread earlier today, and it seems to end with speculation that IPD will at some point in the future be able to do it. Is now that point?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

According to 94850tx, who has a M66-swapped 2000 V70R, IPD/MTE has a tune that will work on stock cars. His problems (which are alluded to in that thread) with the tune have arisen from the engine mods he's made (custom intake, exhaust, etc) and MTE not being able to take those into account when writing the inital tune and taking 2+ years to adjust the tune. His car has been safe to drive the whole time he has had the MTE tune, but the tune has been inconsistent on the dyno.

ARD (which is run by Lucky, formerly of IPD) is beta-testing his 99-00 tunes right now, and should hopefully be able to release manual swap tunes for 99-00 cars within the next couple months.
      Here's a thread with some reviews and info about ARD tunes.
      1999 V70 R -- gone, but not forgotten.
      2000 V70 R -- 04 B5234T9 w/ 18T, Stevo tune, M66, CX Racing coilovers, 996TT front BBK. Always working on something...

Thanks, andy!

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements