SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

TPM Problem

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TheCastro 
#1 ·
Low tire pressure message but all tires have good pressure. For the heck of it, increased all 4 tire pressures and still get the warning (And yes I drove around after adding air.)
So I assume one of the TPM's went south. Is there an error code to tell which one is a problem?

#3 ·
It's the little batteries inside the senders in the winter weather. The guy responsible for the design of this worthless system clearly was raised in the tropics. Talk about "Crying wolf!"...
You can thank the dummass Explorer owners for all of this- if they had simply maintained their vehicles and drove at a reasonable speed, we wouldn't be forced to have such a stupid system on all of our cars...

#5 ·
I don't have TPMS on mine, it was an option.

The spare doesn't have* TPMS and I think tires need to rotate to send a signal. After my third 10+ mile trip, the message disappeared. I have regular service scheduled in 10 days. I'll ask them to use an analyzer
(Bartec?) on each tire. Maybe the analyzer tells battery strength. The TPMS's are about $50 each!

*If the valve stem is stiff it has a TPMS.
Your tires also heat up and expand when driving, your pressure could still be off, or it could be reading it as off when it's cool.

#4 ·
The spare doesn't have* TPMS and I think tires need to rotate to send a signal. After my third 10+ mile trip, the message disappeared. I have regular service scheduled in 10 days. I'll ask them to use an analyzer
(Bartec?) on each tire. Maybe the analyzer tells battery strength. The TPMS's are about $50 each!

*If the valve stem is stiff it has a TPMS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.