What did you do to your R today!?!? - Page 450
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 450 of 452 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 LastLast
    Results 15,716 to 15,750 of 15806
      Nice! Gotta say that's the first time I've seen nordkap wheels...
      Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumV70R View Post
      Not today but got a 2005 v70r about a week ago. My first Volvo. Had the timing belt, water pump, crank and cam seals, transmission flush, angle gear and diff fluid changed. Awaiting for new rear shocks and inner tie rods to show up. So far loving the car!
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Grom unit installed. Took me more time to get the radio back in it’s home than it did for anything else I shouldn’t have waited so long.

Sent from my iPhone XR using Tapatalk
      05 sr sapphire/nordkap, three pedal arrangement -Contrast Works stg1 18psi w/ 4c map switching -Custom 3" intake pipe w/ stock air box mahle filter -dw 300c fuel pump welded A.G. Bob villa mod PPS: Poly front control arm bushings -poly torque mount-poly subframe inserts Powerflex: race #12/street #5,8,13 Ipd toe bars BC coil overs EST D.P. catted w/ Viva performance cat back exhaust Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2 235/40-18 and of course PEGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by One T Scot View Post

Just finished the break-in of my 07 VR only to immediately be greeted with the anti-skid warning. May the fourth be with us all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I just got this too, first hot day and BAM!

Now that it has cooled back do seasonal temps it has gone away.

I have a angle sensor arriving today, fun times.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Installed a new head unit - Alpine ILX 107 (Just because of Carplay) - I like the functionality a bit more and a fuller screen is nice but doesn't match the car as much and can't do bluetooth via android. If I didn't spend so much time installing this I'd probably go back to my Alpine S920 HD, to add insult to injury I can't use my existing back up camera which is amazing (Alpine HCE-C157D, Wide angle super clear) and have to go with a non wide angle more inferior camera. Overall this was good kick in the pants and wallet! Will be listing the S920 HD for sale with the camera, harness and all.

Overall, other than the functionality, larger screen and Volvo load screen it definitely wasn't worth it.
      IMG_2799 by Jp, on Flickr
      IMG_1959 by Jp, on Flickr
      IMG_1964 by Jp, on Flickr
      06R Custom Electric Blue Silver
      07R Magic Blue - Sold
      04 Bonatti Gray Rover Disco HSE
      09 Iridium Silver SLK55 AMG P30 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
      Installed a new head unit - Alpine ILX 107 (Just because of Carplay) - I like the functionality a bit more and a fuller screen is nice but doesn't match the car as much and can't do bluetooth via android. If I didn't spend so much time installing this I'd probably go back to my Alpine S920 HD, to add insult to injury I can't use my existing back up camera which is amazing (Alpine HCE-C157D, Wide angle super clear) and have to go with a non wide angle more inferior camera. Overall this was good kick in the pants and wallet! Will be listing the S920 HD for sale with the camera, harness and all.
      Anytime anyone does a head unit replacement which isn't one of these, I think they missed the boat:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...0R-with-review
      2004 V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R

brake refresh

rebuilt and powder coated calipers

Adams Rotors - Drag II

StopTech Sport Pads
      - Front: 309.10010
      - Rear: 309.05921

Motul 600 brake fluid

SS brake lines were done last year.

2007 S60R - Ti Grey/Atacama M66 - Stage II Shark Tune - 8EightFab downpipe - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - SNABB FMIC/Intake Pipe - TWM Short Shifter - Forge CBV - UR Front Brace/Rear Brace - IPD 28mm Rear Sway Bar - BC Racing Coilovers
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - Electric Silver - Muffler/Resonator Delete
      2007 XC70 - Ice White - Stage I Shark Tune - Muffler Delete

Overall, other than the functionality, larger screen and Volvo load screen it definitely wasn't worth it.
      i want to add something like this my XC70 but would miss the physical buttons esp a Volume knob. cant decide what HU to get for it.
      2007 S60R - Ti Grey/Atacama M66 - Stage II Shark Tune - 8EightFab downpipe - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - SNABB FMIC/Intake Pipe - TWM Short Shifter - Forge CBV - UR Front Brace/Rear Brace - IPD 28mm Rear Sway Bar - BC Racing Coilovers
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - Electric Silver - Muffler/Resonator Delete
      2007 XC70 - Ice White - Stage I Shark Tune - Muffler Delete

Quote Originally Posted by MN-TURBOR View Post
      i want to add something like this my XC70 but would miss the physical buttons esp a Volume knob. cant decide what HU to get for it.
      That's what I already miss from my last HU. The S920 was such a better-matched unit for the R.
      07R Magic Blue - Sold

Question subwoofer project

hi guys, I try to find a way how I can install my subwoofer. It's the first time I will do this so if you can explain in details should be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by etiennerioux99 View Post
      hi guys, I try to find a way how I can install my subwoofer. It's the first time I will do this so if you can explain in details should be appreciated
      I built my own sub box to fit in the spare wheel well in my VR, running a 300w 12' JL Sub and 300W Kenwood amp which also drives a pair of 6X9's in the tailgate.
      I've also read members here speak highly of using the JL 6" Subs in the rear doors, they said the performance was astonishing given the size
      2006 Sonic Blue / Nordkapp V70R GT, custom made exhaust and 3" Downpipe, IPD sways, Powerflex bushings all around, Delrin front subframe bushings, BC Racing Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by Gonadz View Post
      I built my own sub box to fit in the spare wheel well in my VR, running a 300w 12' JL Sub and 300W Kenwood amp which also drives a pair of 6X9's in the tailgate.
      I've also read members here speak highly of using the JL 6" Subs in the rear doors, they said the performance was astonishing given the size
      Full throw 6” JL subs work great in the doors. I also ran a 10” Alpine sub with 600/1 JL amp in the rear and it sounded wonderful.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...peaker-Upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      06 VR GT - daily driver ~18" TSW Nurburgring wheels ~Contrast Stage 4 ~Shimmed block ~EFR7163 turbo ~1050cc Injectors ~TorqByte PM3 fuel pump and CM5-LT W/M controllers ~track spec IPD Bars ~Ultra Racing front strut bar & VST rear strut bar ~SS brake lines~Innovate Boost & AFR fail safe

What’s the switch in the lower left for?

2008 C30 R-Design MT Black
      2007 V70R GT Ti Grey Nordkap

Installed a new head unit - Alpine ILX 107 (Just because of Carplay)
      I used to sell Alpine. Sound is sweet and the looks can’t be beat. I still have my Alpine hand held remote control head unit with Nakamichi amps and KEF speakers setup for my 77 bug. Ran all new Monster Powerline at the time. This thing cranks the tunes. You will love the unit and very nice install.

05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace. iPD Sways and other little upgrades they have. EST DP with Touring Exhaust.

I finally super glued the rubber so it stops eating the rear door seal. Not perfect but so much better than before. The rubber was not attached.

05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace. iPD Sways and other little upgrades they have. EST DP with Touring Exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by One T Scot View Post
      What’s the switch in the lower left for?

It's safety override, so I can access menus when the car is in drive, rather than having to throw it in park everytime.
      07R Magic Blue - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by HunterBD View Post
      I used to sell Alpine. Sound is sweet and the looks can’t be beat. I still have my Alpine hand held remote control head unit with Nakamichi amps and KEF speakers setup for my 77 bug. Ran all new Monster Powerline at the time. This thing cranks the tunes. You will love the unit and very nice install.

Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed. After playing with it a bit the sound is good, still miss the presets on the S920 though, as well as the look.
      07R Magic Blue - Sold

You guys with all your mods. Wow. I just keep her clean.

2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      You guys with all your mods. Wow. I just keep her clean.

I've been doing everything but baby is so dirty on the outside right now. Inside is clean at least haha

Me: 2007 VR gt Slicktop Titanium Grey/Nordkap Wife: 2015 XC60 T6 AWD Ocean Race Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T AWD Silver/Black
      Me: 2007 VR gt Slicktop Titanium Grey/Nordkap Wife: 2015 XC60 T6 AWD Ocean Race
      Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T Silver/Black, 1991 745 White auto, 1982 244 Silver 4spd w/od

Also, @ZZZZZZZ and others, I've been toying with the idea of repairing autodimming mirrors by mail... Thoughts? Like you send me your malfunctioning mirror and a donor, I fix and send back to you.... Maybe like $70 including return shipping? Xc90s have tons of autodim mirrors at pick n pulls available that you could nab.

Me: 2007 VR gt Slicktop Titanium Grey/Nordkap Wife: 2015 XC60 T6 AWD Ocean Race Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T AWD Silver/Black
      Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T Silver/Black, 1991 745 White auto, 1982 244 Silver 4spd w/od

Quote Originally Posted by tabormeister View Post
      Also, @ZZZZZZZ and others, I've been toying with the idea of repairing autodimming mirrors by mail... Thoughts? Like you send me your malfunctioning mirror and a donor, I fix and send back to you.... Maybe like $70 including return shipping? Xc90s have tons of autodim mirrors at pick n pulls available that you could nab.

$70 for 30 min of work? I could get in on that! But, I have too many other projects to deal with.

Seems like a good idea for those that are intimidated by a soldering iron! Be interesting to see how many takers you get. Maybe $70 if you provide the donor mirror, $50 if they provide it?
      2007 Volvo V70 2.5T - Mine
      2008 Nissan Titan SE 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed - Also Mine
      2012 Toyota Camry LE, 2.4 - Wife's
      2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0 - Daughter #1
      2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2.5 - Daughter #2

Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
      $70 for 30 min of work? I could get in on that! But, I have too many other projects to deal with.

Seems like a good idea for those that are intimidated by a soldering iron! Be interesting to see how many takers you get. Maybe $70 if you provide the donor mirror, $50 if they provide it?
      Time is money and so is skill, 70 is more than fair. What about the cost of the solding iron, solder itself (Quality costs more), how many hours has a person spent doing it, what if it breaks? return shipping cost, time to and materials to pack it, and ship it back. It's not 30 mins, It's an hour atleast, why is it no one ever factors in setup time. Does everything just set itself up, clean up itself.

I love when people do this to me with detailing, have some guy from craigslist do it, blow through a panel and ask if there is any way to fix it, to which I reply gotta call a bodyshop. We always say in the business it's all about the prep, meaning I could polish a door in 15 mins, I spend 3x the time prepping and cleaning everything before and after.

If my mirror goes, I'll definitely give you a call.
      07R Magic Blue - Sold

Merp. Why would FCP sell them then? They're pretty legit with their product choices normally

Some people value super low dust over everything else. Those squeaky POS pads were the worst thing I ever put on my car.

Time is money and so is skill, 70 is more than fair. What about the cost of the solding iron, solder itself (Quality costs more), how many hours has a person spent doing it, what if it breaks? return shipping cost, time to and materials to pack it, and ship it back. It's not 30 mins, It's an hour atleast, why is it no one ever factors in setup time. Does everything just set itself up, clean up itself.

I love when people do this to me with detailing, have some guy from craigslist do it, blow through a panel and ask if there is any way to fix it, to which I reply gotta call a bodyshop. We always say in the business it's all about the prep, meaning I could polish a door in 15 mins, I spend 3x the time prepping and cleaning everything before and after.

If my mirror goes, I'll definitely give you a call.
      Sorry, I didn't have sarcasm emoji there! Ultimately, it's your time and skill and you can charge whatever the market will bear. I have had a couple of autodim mirrors apart. If mirror clips in, 45 min. If it's 2-sided tape, it could be closer to 1:15. I think you should eventually have the option of them providing the donor or you, with the appropriate price delta. Initially, have them provide it and see how it goes. If you get enough business, maybe expand into the the other option. A couple of hours in JY would yield a bucket full of donors. And you control the entire product. If they send you a bum mirror, you have to deal with that hassle.

Good luck with your venture.
      2007 Volvo V70 2.5T - Mine
      2008 Nissan Titan SE 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed - Also Mine
      2012 Toyota Camry LE, 2.4 - Wife's
      2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0 - Daughter #1
      2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2.5 - Daughter #2

Just don't advertise your service in the classifieds here on Swedespeed.
      2007 V70R GT Electric Silver/Nordkap
      2005 XC70 It's got HIDs yo.
      2006 S60R Black Sapphire M66 - Resurrected from the dead and sold

Quote Originally Posted by youropeen View Post
      Just don't advertise your service in the classifieds here on Swedespeed.
      Right, I need to get a vendor license or something right? I haven't decided either way yet, just seems like something that could be nice for people who don't want to do it themselves. I'm not really trying to make a bunch of $$.

Here's what I did today!

There's a factory place for the mic (installing my Grom) in the UEM, this little grille here. Used part of this guy's instructions for taking UEM apart, good to have a quick reference.
      https://youtu.be/pOERlJOBf38

This little cover pops out after you turn it (I think counter clockwise?) a tiny bit.

I then threaded my mic up and through...

Down the A pillar....

...and under the driver's kick bolster, to the Grom which is sitting behind the carpet on the console.

Here's a couple shots of how I mounted the mic in the factory location. Hoping it picks up sound well, very hype on the all-factory look

A pillar in (thanks again @ScottishBrick!)

... And finally got rid of this awful old 30pin Melbus cable running to the trunk. For some reason the previous owner thought it was worth it to cut up the mat and carpet under the rear seats. *sigh* only cracked one tiny piece of trim wrestling it out of the stupid path they routed it, thankfully that trim is always under a seat unseen.

Good riddance.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
      Last edited by tabormeister; 05-18-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Right, I need to get a vendor license or something right? I haven't decided either way yet, just seems like something that could be nice for people who don't want to do it themselves. I'm not really trying to make a bunch of $$.

Here's what I did today!

There's a factory place for the mic (installing my Grom) in the UEM, this little grille here. Used part of this guy's instructions for taking UEM apart, good to have a quick reference.
      https://youtu.be/pOERlJOBf38

Nice job on the mic install, I just routed mine to behind the drivers headrest, it is visible and pokes out from the trim near the headline but only took 5 minutes to do...

Quote Originally Posted by kTaLgsTo View Post
      Nice job on the mic install, I just routed mine to behind the drivers headrest, it is visible and pokes out from the trim near the headline but only took 5 minutes to do...
      Well yeah this is a little more complicated hahaha

3 Week Insanity / COVID Detail Coming to an End to 38K mile Sonic.

Here is what we did:

-Complete Paint Decon (Car Pro Eraser / TriX / TarX)
      -Some parts of the roof needed wet-sanding
      -Full paint correction (took 4 passes to get it right) (Manzerna 1500 & 4000)
      -Wheels were pulled off and ceramic coated, along with calipers (Car Pro Cquarts uk 3.0)
      -Black Trim cleaned and ceramic coated (Car Pro DLux)
      -2 coats of Power Lock + was applied as LSP
      -Finish was topped with Car Pro Reload.....
      -Interior leather was cleaned with Griots Interior Cleaner than conditioned with Zaino Z9 & Z10

Next Power Mirrors will go in which is the only mod this car is ever going to see.

Some pics during & after the process:

Next Project~

Volvoless in Seattle……………

Yellow 854 T-5R - 42K miles

Junior Member Chicago_UnCommon_Bricks's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by TG850T5R View Post
      Here is what we did:

-Wheels were pulled off and ceramic coated, along with calipers (Car Pro Cquarts uk 3.0)
      -Interior leather was cleaned with Griots Interior Cleaner than conditioned with Zaino Z9 & Z10

Next Power Mirrors will go in which is the only mod this car is ever going to see.

Looks great! There can’t be more than a handful of Rs as nice as this one.
      Last edited by R-Pow3R3d; 05-22-2020 at 03:00 PM.
      2015.5 Volvo S80 T6 Platinum AWD - Savile Gray Metallic / Off Black In Anthracite - 117,XXX

Titania Diamond Cut and Black Stone - Vredestein Quadrac 5 235/45/18

ISO - One used Fortuna, round, preferably Light Gray

Here is what we did:

Fantastic. Jealous of the folding mirrors! I think it needs some E-codes to go with the folding mirrors though . And then it would be perfect.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 140k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

Here is what we did:

Mother of Pearl! Wow, I'm really itching to do this to my Sonic now. PA finally opened real estate to function, so hopefully I'll have a garage to do this in by the end of summer.
      2006 S60R MT Sonic Blue with Atacama - Garage Queen
      2008 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red with Off Black - Hers
      2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI MT, 2001 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L MT 60th Anniversary Edition
      Previously: 2010 S80 V8, 2006 V70R MT, 2004 S60R MT, 1993 245 NA, 2006 XC90 V8, 2002 Dakota V8 MT

Some days the S60 just won't do . . .

2007 V70R / Black Sapphire Metallic / Atacama
      1989 780 B230FT / Maroon / Tan
      1973 1800 ES / Lt Blue Metallic / Black
      1996 960 / Maroon / grey

This isn't a fun job, but since I had the front sway bar out and subframe dropped it was slightly less annoying...

I’d love to have my car look that good. Fantastic job, TG.
      Quote Originally Posted by esmith813 View Post
      Mother of Pearl! Wow, I'm really itching to do this to my Sonic now. PA finally opened real estate to function, so hopefully I'll have a garage to do this in by the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by kTaLgsTo View Post
      This isn't a fun job, but since I had the front sway bar out and subframe dropped it was slightly less annoying...
      What is that?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 450 of 452 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 LastLast