What did you do to your R today!?!? - Page 444
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 444 of 445 FirstFirst ... 344 394 434 440 441 442 443 444 445 LastLast
    Results 15,506 to 15,540 of 15545
      They came!!! And man are they pretty. The welds look better than the stock Volvo welds.
      Can't wait to get them put on might stop by ipd and buy some new spring seats

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What did you do to your R today!?!?

They look nice. It good to have another option at a reasonable price compared to what the 4Cís are going for.

I would replace the strut mounts also along with spring seats. Not sure I would use OE parts or Lemforder myself.

Spring seats again?!?
      https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by maronha; 01-10-2020 at 07:09 AM.
      2006 Sonic V70R GT 150k
      2013 XC90 R Design Electric Silver 50K (The Wife's)
      2015 Silverado High Country 1500 4WD Ruby Metallic 70k

Quote Originally Posted by maronha View Post
      They look nice. It good to have another option at a reasonable price compared to what the 4Cís are going for.

I would replace the strut mounts also along with spring seats. Not sure I would use OE parts or Lemforder myself.

Spring seats again?!?
      https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

I would stay away from the Lemforder strut mounts. They are now made in China (priced accordingly) and I've seen them fail within 10,000 miles. Febi/Bilstein mounts have actual INA bearings in them like the Lemforders used to.
      2007 V70R GT Electric Silver/Nordkap
      2005 XC70 It's got HIDs yo.
      2006 S60R Black Sapphire M66

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by maronha View Post

Old stock OEM blue box FTW, new lemforder is majority China, old blue box is German.
      06R - Custom Electric Blue Silver - Suntek PPF / IGL Kenzo Coated / Llumar Airblue 80 / Huper Optic 40
      07R - Magic Blue IGL - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
      Old stock OEM blue box FTW, new lemforder is majority China, old blue box is German.
      Hmm good to know. When did they start in China? I will have to see if I have a box in the garage back when I did my struts and see if they were China.

2006 Sonic V70R GT 150k

No clue, but I have seen it posted on FCP an the last box I got from them was from China, I just gave them away. I refuse to put that garbage in my R and besides, between cheap parts failing early and installing it 2-3x the life of a good part, I'm defintiely willing to spend a bit more once.
      06R - Custom Electric Blue Silver - Suntek PPF / IGL Kenzo Coated / Llumar Airblue 80 / Huper Optic 40

No clue, but I have seen it posted on FCP an the last box I got from them was from China, I just gave them away. I refuse to put that garbage in my R and besides, between cheap parts failing early and installing it 2-3x the life of a good part, I'm defintiely willing to spend a bit more once.
      Iím with ya. I had no idea they switch to China.

2006 Sonic V70R GT 150k

You need to check each part, I'm sure there are still some that haven't (Ie sway bar links) but for the most part alot have and once they start they usually keep going.

Buy your German stuff now while you can!

You need to check each part, I'm sure there are still some that haven't (Ie sway bar links) but for the most part alot have and once they start they usually keep going.

Buy your German stuff now while you can!
      well that's scary AF. if FCP is selling OEM and it's Romania, where are we suppose to get German bluebox? I'm about to send in the car for all-around new 4Cs and want to have these ready in hand...

Just order Blue box from FCP, chances are no one is ordering OEM blue box right now. Just bought a bunch and all of it was very dusty, so tells me no one is buying and dates were older as well. It will say the country of manufacture as well.

I got the Sachs brand from IPD, stamped made in Germany.

Some freshening up of interior.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      IPD DP and Evolve Sport Exhaust, Snow Performance Methanol Progressive Kit,Unorthodox Racing Crank Pulley,SNABB Big Front Mount Kit, Eibach Springs,Elevate Rear Sway-Neutrall Setup,10 mm Spacers front & 15 mm Spacers rear, Sleeved block/forged pistons,Steve-O Tune w/snabb S4 intake kit, Hybrid Turbo, delrin bushings

Quote Originally Posted by NYR View Post

Fortunately, those parts aren't hideously expensive!
      2007 Volvo V70 2.5T - Mine
      2008 Nissan Titan SE 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed - Also Mine
      2012 Toyota Camry LE, 2.4 - Wife's
      2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0 - Daughter #1
      2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2.5 - Daughter #2

Oil change and windshield nozzle replacement.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

I need to do that same thing. Parts are in cart.

"The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Got rid of my Hilton tune, set it on the shelf right next to my ARD tune.

Quote Originally Posted by kTaLgsTo View Post
      Curious as to why? How did the two differ and what's up next?

I'm happy with my Contrast Stage 2
      2006 XC90 2.5T AWD - Contrast Works Stage 2 tune with Eco Enhance mode, HEICO Bilsteins and springs, IPD Swaybars, strut brace conversion kit, and subframe bushing inserts. Fast FC05 20x8.5 with 255/45/20 Conti DWS06. Falken HS449 235/65/17 winters. JL 500/1 with Pioneer TS-SWX2502 subwoofer under cargo tray. LED low/hi beams, Tuxmats.

Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
      Fortunately, those parts aren't hideously expensive!
      Yes 40 bucks delivered and easy to replace.

IPD DP and Evolve Sport Exhaust, Snow Performance Methanol Progressive Kit,Unorthodox Racing Crank Pulley,SNABB Big Front Mount Kit, Eibach Springs,Elevate Rear Sway-Neutrall Setup,10 mm Spacers front & 15 mm Spacers rear, Sleeved block/forged pistons,Steve-O Tune w/snabb S4 intake kit, Hybrid Turbo, delrin bushings

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XC90 View Post
      Curious as to why? How did the two differ and what's up next?

I'm happy with my Contrast Stage 2

was having disability issues, Hilton said he couldn't find anything wrong with the tune. Told me to sort my car out, car is well sorted.
      Contacted s60rr on Instagram to look at some scans purely for second opinion. Turns out it was the tune, car runs immensely better after deciding to have the guy tune it for me. Runs and feels like a stage 3 tune should feel like...
      I think Hilton has become complacent with R tuning...

was having disability issues, Hilton said he couldn't find anything wrong with the tune. Told me to sort my car out, car is well sorted.
      Contacted s60rr on Instagram to look at some scans purely for second opinion. Turns out it was the tune, car runs immensely better after deciding to have the guy tune it for me. Runs and feels like a stage 3 tune should feel like...
      I think Hilton has become complacent with R tuning...
      Good to know. Prior ARD was superceded due to upgrades I expect?
      2006 XC90 2.5T AWD - Contrast Works Stage 2 tune with Eco Enhance mode, HEICO Bilsteins and springs, IPD Swaybars, strut brace conversion kit, and subframe bushing inserts. Fast FC05 20x8.5 with 255/45/20 Conti DWS06. Falken HS449 235/65/17 winters. JL 500/1 with Pioneer TS-SWX2502 subwoofer under cargo tray. LED low/hi beams, Tuxmats.

Wow that is such an ARD line right there.

I also know of P80s that have had issues and/or were just poor tunes. Drove one myself a few years ago. Was super jumpy and apparently that was making it feel a lot faster than it actually was. I'm not (yet) convinced that Hilton is on the same level with ARD, but his track record isn't super great at this point.
      Last edited by JaredR; 01-12-2020 at 05:48 PM.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 296k.
      1997 850R Estate. RN/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 136k.

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: In search of new MOMmobile! Prefer ME7 P80 with tan interior. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Wow that is such an ARD line right there.

I also know of P80s that have had issues and/or were just poor tunes. Drove one myself a few years ago. Was super jumpy and apparently that was making it feel a lot faster than it actually was. I'm not (yet) convinced that Hilton is on the same level with ARD, but his track record isn't super great at this point.
      Well, it is pertenant to rule out all hardware issues before blaming software. My 03 has a slightly kinked vacuum hose to the TCV that wasnít apparent just sitting there and kept it from making boost while tuning. Many things were tried and ruled out before a start from scratch mechanical investigation and check over was done and found that if the engine rocked that line would pinch off. You truly never know.

2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 197k - K24/Greens/Do88 IC/SMF & P2R Clutch/DW300C/H&R/Bilstein TC/Delrin/316mm & 308mm Brakes - SteveO Tuned
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

So anyone know which tune is best for a turn key, safe, conservative but obviously an improvement (Ie. 16-17 psi?)

Managed to put a hole in my rocker today... Was so excited to finally get it back in the ground after an angle gear rebuild and CBV install. (What a fight!!)

My daughter was helping me and my focus was on her being clear of the car as I was letting it down off the stands. Didn't realize I hadn't pulled my front stand clear of the caR until it was too late. Nasty crunching sound definitely killed any good feeling if accomplishment...

Luckily the damage is minor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just a little snow action.

04 S60r - Hilton Stage 3 Tuned
      07 S60r - Project Resurrection

Got the front coilovers installed successfully, turns out they accidentally sent me the rear coils for a fwd not an AWD so the mounting point is totally wrong but they are trying to make it right it seems like so fingers crossed. Riding on monster truck front ride height right now lol gotta lower it Soon.
      Second photo is difference between r rear mounting point and what they sent lol.
      The quality is amazing on these tho. Gotta say once they get it right ceika will be a great coilover choice.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see the finished product! /\ I really like Ceika.

Will posting my update pretty soon.. Stay "Tuned"

i used to ofen check for this seat cover panel in junked cars and every single one (well, nearly all) are cracked. wonder what's the reason...

that is so cool, so he remote tunes via DiCE? how much was this guy?

edit: wow he's cheap. $300 for stage 1! *ponders*
      Last edited by tonyc; 01-14-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Hey Tony-I think they crack bc people place their weight on the edge of seat and plastic panel when exiting the car. I have tried exiting a little different now to not put my weight on edge when exiting the R but Im not as young and spry as I used to be and Im sure I wil forget soon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
      i used to ofen check for this seat cover panel in junked cars and every single one (well, nearly all) are cracked. wonder what's the reason...

that is so cool, so he remote tunes via DiCE? how much was this guy?

edit: wow he's cheap. $300 for stage 1! *ponders*
      that is euros btw. And yes he is much better.

As regards to always vetting mechanical before software I get it, because I'm a hardware guy at work and the software guys won't even look at their stuff until I prove hardware is good. Drives me nuts!! Elitists!!

that is euros btw. And yes he is much better.

As regards to always vetting mechanical before software I get it, because I'm a hardware guy at work and the software guys won't even look at their stuff until I prove hardware is good. Drives me nuts!! Elitists!!
      gotcha. euros... good thing euro is at 1.11 instead of 1.3 like before. still a good price!!!

re: hardware
      I mean isn't that just the part of the process? obvs hardware has to work before software

re: thread content
      i actually drove the R this weekend and carried FOUR LITTLE people in all 3 rows. :FLEX: and then the low coolant light came on FML need to install new radiator ASAP.

Heater core : )

15.5 V60 P* Rebel Blue( regrettable Sold) 07 S60R Titanium/Nordcap GT 4T5 Engine 07 S60R Silver/Gobi GT 07 S60R Titanium/Nordkap Gt 06 V70R M66 Titanium/Gobi IPD 4T4. 06V70R Electric silver/Nordkap GT(sold). 06 V70R Sonic/Nordkap M66 (sold and missed)98 S70 T5M Black/Black (Sold and missed)06 V70r GT Passion Red/Atacama(sold) 06 V70R GT Sonic/Gobi(sold and missed)98 S70 T5mRed/Black (sold and missed) 88 740 Turbo(Totaled) 89 780 Turbo(sold) 99 S70 N/A(sold) 98 V70 T5 Silver (sold)13 S60 T6 AWD R-Design White(leased and returned)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
      Don't waste time looking for that part in J/Y's. The new and improved replacement is super affordable and can now be purchased from FCP with a lifetime warranty.

As NYR said, they crack for two reasons: 1) The original design was kind of weak along the top edge. 2) It's very easy to accidentally put your weight on them when you're entering/exiting or even if you're just turned sideways with your door open. This is particularly true for folks with shorter legs.
      2004 V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2006 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 1999 F250 Powerstroke, 2005 TSX, 1997 Bonneville, 1998 Concorde

Check it out , I did a double dye job to get an updated norkap look, it’s not tradition al but I bough this one on a whim and the passenger seat turned out freakin g dope lemme know

Quote Originally Posted by OhsixV70R View Post
      Check it out , I did a double dye job to get an updated norkap look, itís not tradition al but I bough this one on a whim and the passenger seat turned out freakin g dope lemme know
      Canít see a thing right now.
      Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 444 of 445 FirstFirst ... 344 394 434 440 441 442 443 444 445 LastLast