Angle gear reseal kit, collar kit, and clutch replacement part numbers
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Angle gear reseal kit, collar kit, and clutch replacement part numbers

Hi everyone,

for whatever reason it seems like a good amount of parts fiches on myvolvopartsonline.com and tasca parts are missing/dead/unfindable. There's no driveline related stuff on there at all and I'm not lucky enough to know someone that works for a volvo dealer.

Can anyone help me out here? The car is an 04 m66 SR. The angle gear is from an 05. I have the updated collar gear. I am replacing the clutch with an oem clutch that I got from George from Viva (hollerr), and I am picking up a single mass flywheel and slave cylinder kit from them.

-I need an 05 angle gear reseal kit p/n.
      -I have the updated collar gear, but nothing else from the 31256246 kit that volvo sells. So I need every individual part number for that.
      -I also need the part number for the rear main seal and any other gaskets or odds and ends you think I'll need while the trans is dropped.

While we're on the topic does anyone know where to get either the self-adjusting clutch press tool thingy from volvo or part number KL-0500-40 K from klann tools? I can't find a distributor in the US that'll sell to a consumer. And for the volvo ones they want 8399479874987 euros for them.

Also just to verify:

the angle gear capacity is .75 liters. So a 1 liter bottle of angle gear fluid will be fine? I need 1 crush washer for that.
      the trans capacity is 2.3 liters. I'll be a guinnea pig and using the ford motorcraft xt-m5-qs stuff. 2 crush washers for that job.
      the rear diff has a .5 capacity so a 1 liter bottle will be fine. I'll need another 2 crush washers for that.
      the AOC has a .65 capacity, so a 1 liter bottle of that will do. I'll need another crush washer.

So that comes to a total of 6 crush washers, 1 bottle of angle gear + rear diff + AOC fluid, and 3 of gear oil.

I have all the necessary tools including a low-pro trans jack and an engine support to hold the engine/trans when I drop the subframe.

Anything else I could possibly be missing?

Thanks guys

Edit: also forgot I'll 6 flywheel bolts and loctite. Or is it 8?
      Last edited by thegrapist; 02-26-2012 at 03:19 PM.
      04 S60 R M66

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Viva has everything you need. If I remember, most of it will all be on one page: Drivetrain.
      Last edited by vplay84; 02-26-2012 at 03:46 PM.
      '04 S60R. 6MT. Black. Snow Stg. 2 WMI, PhMIC, 3" DP, AMS, HD TCV, Track Spec sways, R boost gauge, F/R strut & subframe braces, silicone coolant hoses, poly tranny and top engine mount bushings, Powerslot rotors, SNABB intake, Forge CBV, kevlar timing belt, TMW short shifter, JRL mod, Powerslot rotors, SS brake lines, Ti brake shims, 3K HID fogs.
      '68 Plymouth Fury III. 318/727 Work in progress.

The question is, what are the part numbers? I never asked anything about where to buy them.

Thanks again for being such a nice guy and editing your post.
      04 S60 R M66

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thegrapist View Post
      The question is, what are the part numbers? I never asked anything about where to buy them.

Thanks again for being such a nice guy and editing your post.
      If Viva does sell them, they have part numbers on their page. Hopefully that helps ?
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

1997 850 GLT - Daily Driver Check It Out
      2007 S60R - - FOR SALE -285 awhp/305 ft-lb
      Sometimes I sing too

They have part numbers for the kits. Since I need certain parts I need individual part numbers or I'll be left with spare parts and less cash.
      04 S60 R M66

They have part numbers for the kits. Since I need certain parts I need individual part numbers or I'll be left with spare parts and less cash.
      Got ya. Send me a text tomorrow night and I'll see if I can find anything in VIDA.
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

I thought the 04-05 angle gear was the same, and 06-07 was different when they went to the gen 3 haldex with pre-charge?

OK I did some searching for you sir. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the following is included in the kit with part # ending 246.

Snap Ring (which should be pre-installed in the sleeve?) - 977101
      Spline Joint Grease - 1161748
      Drive Shaft Seal - 9143885
      Sealing Ring (75mm Diameter) - 9143911
      O-Ring - 976041
      Sealing Ring (65mm Diameter) - 30735126

Let me know if you want the VIDAgram.
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

That's what I'm talking about. My R would've been a torched mess if it weren't for you.

Do you have the flywheel bolt part number and the rear main seal? Last one, I promise!!!

Btw do you or any of the NY guys up there have a VADIS?
      04 S60 R M66

I'm confused, what are you alluding to?

If because I specified the angle gear year, it's because I have no idea what year goes with what. There's all these revisions and updated part numbers that I am 90% sure my R will be on jack stands for at least one parts trip and I'll have a nice collection of spare parts.
      04 S60 R M66

That's what I'm talking about. My R would've been a torched mess if it weren't for you.

Do you have the flywheel bolt part number and the rear main seal? Last one, I promise!!!

Btw do you or any of the NY guys up there have a VADIS?
      Those part #'s will be tougher to find in VIDA, but I'll see what I can find.
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

I found a "Six Point Socket Screw" that goes into the clutch disc. Could that be it? Part #986321

No idea where the hell to find the rear main seal, but VIVA sells one, part #9458178
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

I'm confused, what are you alluding to?

If because I specified the angle gear year, it's because I have no idea what year goes with what. There's all these revisions and updated part numbers that I am 90% sure my R will be on jack stands for at least one parts trip and I'll have a nice collection of spare parts.
      I was wondering if it were different because you said this in your first post, " The angle gear is from an 05. I have the updated collar gear" I wasn't aware it was updated until 06. If it were updated for the MY05 Rs, than I have less options out there for replacement when mine goes. I was just wondering, not inferring or alluding to anything.

I mean the collar gear is the "hardened" and updated part number that supersedes the old one. If I recall correctly volvo made a 'better" collar gear that's supposed to be more durable. Durable my ass, the "new" collar gear looks like I could wreck the teeth if I was torquing it down with a 1/2 drive wrench. I don't even know if you can get one of the old ones. Either way, I believe they work for all years, except you have to get the right one for the trans. There's a 5 speed auto collar, a 6 speed auto collar, and an m66 collar.

The angle gear just happened to be what I could find and the dude I bought it from (Athruc, who is legit as hell, btw) said it'll fit my trans.

I think that's what you mean, right?
      04 S60 R M66

I don't know. I assume not. That should be for the pressure plate, but I do need those anyway. If not, no big deal. I'll grab them from my local dealer. Thanks again dude. Call me when/if your collar gear craps the bed, I'll be a pro at replacing these by then.

Good looks on the rms, I don't know how the hell I missed that.
      04 S60 R M66

Are you sure the collar sleeve is updated? I think there's just the one for the M66. The 6 speed auto has the supposedly hardened nonsense. I mean listen, either way you're fooked eventually
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

I don't know. I assume not. That should be for the pressure plate, but I do need those anyway. If not, no big deal. I'll grab them from my local dealer. Thanks again dude. Call me when/if your collar gear craps the bed, I'll be a pro at replacing these by then.

Good looks on the rms, I don't know how the hell I missed that.
      Yeah, VIDA doesn't like to call parts what they are so searching is nearly impossible.
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

Sometimes I sing too

Quote Originally Posted by prienzo View Post
      Are you sure the collar sleeve is updated? I think there's just the one for the M66. The 6 speed auto has the supposedly hardened nonsense. I mean listen, either way you're fooked eventually
      Sure? No, not at all. I'm just listening to the dude who sold it to me, which in retrospect probably wasn't such a good idea. According to viva's website there's two part numbers. http://www.vivaperformance.com/genui...-speed-manual/

I think I have this one: 31256008.
      Quote Originally Posted by prienzo View Post
      Yeah, VIDA doesn't like to call parts what they are so searching is nearly impossible.
      They don't have any diagrams or anything? I guess volvo's weren't meant to be repaired.
      04 S60 R M66

Does anyone know where to get the special tool to tension the self adjusting clutch mechanism?
      04 S60 R M66

22. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements