Another Old Time Volvo Owner Back with a new (old) R
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Another Old Time Volvo Owner Back with a new (old) R

Hi everyone,

If you have been around for a lot of years around the old Turbobricks and other places, yes, I am that same Paisley Pirate...

I finally got back into a Volvo last Friday... a 2004 S60R with 60k on it... wow what a rocket! It would even have made my old 245Ti stick car look sad (and that is saying something)...

The car is completely stock, it only has a couple of little oddities that I am sorting through, like a cracked spark plug cover (boo) and it had 2 (count em) bent rims... 18" Pegs... got those fixed (and the dealer is going to pay for the straightening, they should have caught it since it has brand new rubber they put on) So YAY to Superior Volvo for standing behind their product.

The car has been well cared for and the dealer fixed the few things that were wrong with it...

I'll post pix up soon... it has no body kit on it, and it's stock sneaky looking... good times to come!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Your screen name is loll3r

Sounds good, welcome to R ownership!
      | 04 FLO R IDA V |

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Damnnn all these pirates here on SS now haha. We've got you, 850arrrsaylikepirate, and Ti-R is a pirate of sorts...

welcome..but there's a saying in our community about first posters who don't share photos of their cars -they probably own a Camry

so yes...nice camry you've got there
      2004 S60R 6MT HILTON 2.5 Tuned
      CLICK HERE for Build Thread

My wife's car: 2015.5 XC60 CLICK HERE

Tom- you beat me to it because I spent the time to actually find this guy's camry with him in it....search around next time!

There are important things we need to know like MT or GT and color combo. Btw, that white Camry pic is nice, wheels look good and are flush, dual exhaust, nice spoiler, satellite radio...
      '05 Ti-Kap GT SR; Lost 8/21/17

That White Camry looks like my little sisters car... her's is a 4banger and she LOVES them (ugh).

She used to drive Volvos... she had a 140, 2 or 3 240's, and a 264. Then she lost her way and was seduced by the dark (toyota) side... One would think after the Toyota destroyed itself on the back hatch of her 245 wagon (brand new Corolla on a test drive, they plowed into her... motor dropped to the ground on the Toy and everything.... Dad and I popped the dent out of the hatch and it was good to go...) she would never set in one... but no, she drives them now...

Anyway, on to the important stuff: 2004 S60R Sunroof. Silver with Nordkap Blue Interior, GT, no body kit. Appears to be bone stock... ̶H̶U̶-̶8̶5̶0̶ HU-803 stereo with iPod connection. No navie built in. No cell phone built in. That's all it's missing.

I am second owner (3rd of record, original owner leased it then bought it at end of lease... he bought a 2012 Type-R)

It had 59,7xx on it when I (well, wifey got first leg home, so SHE) drove it off the lot. I've got to put the most miles on it so far.

This all started because I saw a GORGEOUS '99 C70 Coupe (that was like new with 100,000 miles on it) at Gorges Volvo here in Wichita and then was dumb enough to stop for a test drive with She Who Must Be Obeyed (Wifey) ... we have been out of Volvos for about 2 years (due to work, money crunch, and having a very serviceable Ford Taurus that we had no car payment on) Her comment while we were test driving the C70 was, "We REALLY need to be back in a Volvo". So the hunt was on... but the C70 slipped through my fingers (sold from Thurs night to Monday morning when I got done talking to the bank and making up my mind to drop $8000 on it... dummy me...) Still it worked for the best, since we have wifey's 92 year young Mother traveling with us a lot, and also are the guardians for her 70 year old brother... so that means we get to drive 4 doors... and we wanted to replace the Taurus as it dies (it's ONLY got 235,000 miles on it... and still runs well, but 235k on a Ford = TIRED, even with religious maintenance) so we went down to Dallas and drove a couple of Volvos (a C70 and an S60 T5) .. and were heartbroken... then I found an S60R in Colo Springs, but it was thrashed hard... and another in Oklahoma that was just ok... then a friend of mine saw this one and sent me a note saying "if you want one, you better jump on this one" So we drove up to Kansas City and drove home with it... paid a pretty good premium for it (since it came off the Volvo lot) but it was also fine tooth combed AND it was well taken care of by the first owner.

SO, now baby is getting pampered and driven here... I just HAD to drive it the last few days for work (since the AC started acting wonky on the Taurus) not that I don't love the Taurus, Red's been a good car... but she is very tired. And she is a work horse, not a thoroughbred like Silver is... Red doesn't owe us a damn thing... but I want to drive her til she drops, and my business is such that I lug a bunch of stuff around all the time... so the Ford will stay daily driver (mostly) until it won't do it any more, then wifey will drive it (or the Subaru Wagon that we both like as a car, but HATE the seats in) and we'll roll the S60R into work service (which means 300,000 or 400,000 miles, like my last 3 Volvo work cars) Since I drive them gently, maintain them like I'm maintaining a rocket, and am picky about who does the things I don't do to them, it ought to last me a very long time with lots of smiles.

I still haven't put any pix up anywhere on it yet... haven't had a chance to take more than a couple of shots so far, posted to FB, but nowhere else *yet*. Hoping to get some good shots of it soon.. but with working on the house, taking a picture of it in front of a PODS pod sitting in the driveway is just not what I would call a decent backdrop...
      Last edited by Paisley Pirate; 05-02-2012 at 07:17 PM.
      2004 S60R Silver, Nordkap, (Currently Dipped Swedish Flag) 18" Enkei RSF5's, FMIC, Snabb MAF to turbo, IPD catback, BC Coilovers, this is Volvo #16
      1st Car - 1965 122S Amazon! A Volvo saved my life - 9/12/94
      My Office Chair is Atacama!

A HU-850? On an 04? I thought that was not supposed to be possible. Or am I misinformed?

Either way, welcome to the club!
      2004 Sapphire/Gobi S60R MT. 98k miles
      Modifications: 05 Console Swap | Full LED Conversion | GROM | TME lowering springs

Pittsburgh, PA // Ft. Bragg, NC // Woodstock, GA
      I met a guy on VS who had a yellow one, called himself Volvo16 too; did a run to Carlisle a couple years ago.

Congrats on the buy man.
      Keoni - 2004 SR Saphakap MT||VolvoTista: BOV Kit // IPD: Strut Bar Conv, Upper Polly Mount, Trans Polly Mount // Elevate: Track Sways, SS Brake Lines, AMS // Phuzzy: FMIC, HD TCV // WothRline: Custom Tune // Custom 3" DP w/Magnaflow Cat w/ 3" Cut-Out // Custom 3" Exhaust w/Borla XR-1 muffler to dual exit 2.5" (quad tips) & Magnaflow resonator // Custom 3" CAI // SNAAB: Intake // UR: Pulley

Quote Originally Posted by tuscani66 View Post
      I met a guy on VS who had a yellow one, called himself Volvo16 too; did a run to Carlisle a couple years ago.

Congrats on the buy man.
      That should read Volvo #16.

122S, 144, 142E (ended up with a 2300 B20 kit in it, monster for it's time... that car got nicknamed the Volvo of Death!), 145, 144, 245, 244, 242, 744, 244T (in pieces, but still have it) , 244, 245Ti (sports car in a box, 20psi, 4+od manual trans, extra fuel, pov, etc etc), 242Ti (sold it to a kid that promptly destroyed it... grrr) , 244, 245 (bought it wrecked, fixed it, drove it 250,000 miles, then sold it with 370,000 on it, 2 yrs ago, it's still running), S60R.... yeah, quite a list of fun times...

RamLlama, that is because I lied (unintentional, I was using my Google search and it came up with what I had typed in a search a couple of days ago, because I couldn't remember which system it has in it, and I mistakenly thought I'd remembered right, I was wrong) it has an HU-803 in it. I just verified it by walking out and looking at it (I don't like being mistaken, and I was on this, and that shows what old age does to your memory some times! LOL!) Build date on the car is 05/04. So please forgive the mistake I made.
      2004 S60R Silver, Nordkap, (Currently Dipped Swedish Flag) 18" Enkei RSF5's, FMIC, Snabb MAF to turbo, IPD catback, BC Coilovers, this is Volvo #16

Pix or it didn't happen... finally got them onto a sharing site... lol!

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements