'74 142 update. - Page 5
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: '74 142 update.

Quote Originally Posted by 142 Guy View Post
      As long as its a Dana 30 rear end, the only difference that I am aware of is in the drive ratio. You could confirm this by pulling the diff cover and count the teeth on the ring gear. The shop manual (and the owner's manual if you have it) should have the final drive ratio for the BW35 diff.

In 1971 with 15" wheels and 165/78 tires, the stock final drive for an M41 was 4.27:1. I think it was 4.1:1 on the M40 cars. 4.56:1 was an option. I ditched my 4.27 on my car because they were really worn and replaced them with a 4.56:1. ...

There is now an insert image icon on the toolbar that you can use to insert images into posts. Goodbye Photobucket.
      Thanks for the quick response. I have my manual around and I'll see what it shows for sizing and thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to buy one asap and change it over to a correct size.
      I'm giving the picture insert a try but it comes out as an attachment and upside down. I'll figure it out!

Thanks!Attachment 8881

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

@Pistorman: Now that these threads are pretty much scrubbed of older photos, can you upload a couple new pics of your car post-restoration? Would love to see it.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MonzaA4 View Post
      @Pistorman: Now that these threads are pretty much scrubbed of older photos, can you upload a couple new pics of your car post-restoration? Would love to see it.

Cheers
      Absolutely, for some reason my uploads are coming as attachments and not picture uploads. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pistorman View Post
      Absolutely, for some reason my uploads are coming as attachments and not picture uploads. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
      I do all of my photo posting on my iPad/iPhone. If the photo is in your device's photo album, you can add it to a post with the Tapatalk app.

Alright so here' a try at uploading two recent photos (last weekend). I didn't take these pictures upside down and they don't show upside down on my PC. I wonder what is wrong with this.
      IMG_1055.jpgIMG_1057.jpg

I've tried redoing their orientation on my laptop and still the same result.
      Last edited by pistorman; 08-03-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Weird. I just stood on my head and they looked fine! Love that color! That spoiler doesn't look familiar, where'd you source it?

Quote Originally Posted by MonzaA4 View Post
      Weird. I just stood on my head and they looked fine! Love that color! That spoiler doesn't look familiar, where'd you source it?
      It's an IPD spoiler, they had very few and they sell them as below quality. We worked a bot on them, not much and it works fine. I'll try to upload more pictures on it later and the correct orientation too.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am selling my 142. I have found myself traveling for work the last 7 years with little time to enjoy my cars and I think it's time to let it go. I invested a lot in this car and I know I am not going to get the money back. But this is a labor of an obsessive person and the car is really nice. If anyone is interested please let me know.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5