Cooling Fan Issues, Can't Get It To Cool Antifreeze
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Cooling Fan Issues, Can't Get It To Cool Antifreeze

My fan won't turn on to cool the system down, so coolant boils over past the cap and all down the sides of the expansion tank. If I turn the AC on the fan kicks on, so I don't think its the relay. Cleaned the three grounds on the front of the block two above the starter and one to the left of it. At this point I can only think that its a wire b/w the CTS, the ECU/ECM, and the relay. Is there a common problem w/ 96 850R cooling fans.

Replaced radiator, thermostat,coolant temp sensor, expansion tank & cap at the beginning of April. Water pump, timing belt and other timing parts replaced 12k ago.

PS. Moving in about 2 weeks to Everett, Wa to work for boeing so I'd to get it working properly before the car is shipped up there.
      1996 855R - White, Charcoal Interior; ARD Tune; Koni Sport Shocks; RZ intercooler; IPD - Lower springs, short ram intake, MSD Ignition coil, silicone vacuum lines, sway bars 25 F&R, HD end links; Snabb - Intake pipe & IA hose; OBX cat-less exhaust

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Could I run a switch on the inside of the car connected to the center plug on the relay. Center plug because when I connect it either center contact on the relay to the negative terminal the kicks on. So would running it on the low speed help keep things cool or would this make the car run to cool with the fan on all the time?
      1996 855R - White, Charcoal Interior; ARD Tune; Koni Sport Shocks; RZ intercooler; IPD - Lower springs, short ram intake, MSD Ignition coil, silicone vacuum lines, sway bars 25 F&R, HD end links; Snabb - Intake pipe & IA hose; OBX cat-less exhaust

Well I'm going to take it to the dealer to see if they've got an ideas. Probably send more money than its worth but don't really have any other options at this point or time.

Well fan checked out ok, Iat sensor(coolant sensor) working fine, thermo opening when it should. Had a leak down test down and cylinder 2 is leaking, quote from dealer for all gaskets and new bolts is $2070 thats without machine work. If it needs it plus valve job about $2500.

Know if I wasn't moving to Washington in less than 2 weeks I would do it myself but I've still got to pack up my whole life and move. F*** My Life so I'm going to try for a loan or cash my bonds I've gotten over the last/all 26 yrs of my life.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements