7 inches of new snow
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

7 inches of new snow

Just got 7 inches of new snow and the R is like an allterrain vehicle for the streets. turn off the DSTC in a vacant parking lot and let the games begin!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 7 inches of new snow (dickiemo1)

You go play, I'll keep the R in the garage.
      JRL
      Email: jrl1194 ( at ) AOL (dot) com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak/Tan/Arena, 116K miles. My DD with no plans to sell it anytime soon
      2000 V70R, Wife's, she won't sell. Now she hit 153,000 miles and still near perfect!

Re: 7 inches of new snow (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
      You go play, I'll keep the R in the garage.
      JRL

Does you're R ever see the snow?? I hope it does. That would be worse than keeping a small child in from enjoying the snow Unfortunately it looks like this storm will be south of me, so you must enjoy it for both of us!!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Re: 7 inches of new snow (michael r)

No.
      Why should it?
      I have other cars far better and far less expensive for ice and snow.
      JRL
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak/Tan/Arena, 116K miles. My DD with no plans to sell it anytime soon
      2000 V70R, Wife's, she won't sell. Now she hit 153,000 miles and still near perfect!

I may have moved to South Carolina, but I have not forgotten the experience of driving in the snow. Do not forget that there is a severe ground clearance limitation imposed by the chin spoiler, which probably makes the 'R' less than ideal in deep snow, even with good winter tires.

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
      No.
      Why should it?
      I have other cars far better and far less expensive for ice and snow.
      JRL

H1 or H2 perhaps??

Surburban

The snowy situation just shows off the virtues of the all wheel drive and DSTC very well also the snow tires ,Dunlop graspiks. Add a little hand brake to get around the tight corners and it is like rally racing, again in a vacant parking lot. I also have another car for the good weather, my R is my driver , just like my 850 turbo berfore it. I have put nearlly 8500 miles on it since mid Septemberand I like it more every day. Cars are made to be driven and enjoyed, thats what we paid the big bucks for did'nt we?

If getting salt and cinders all up inside and around your car is your thing then by all means, have a good time.
      I prefer to keep my car clean and NOT getting hammered with salt everyday if I can help it.
      JRL

We have alot of snow in Gothenburg right now. Had a lot of fun with the R during this week end at an abandoned air port outside town. Although I can understand jRL's opinion. It will be h*ll to get the car clean from all the salt. But I still think it was worth it.

Re: 7 inches of new snow (Cain)

Re: the salt
      It's not only an issue of cleanliness, but more so IMO of potential damage. However, fun is the primary goal and main reason I got my R.
      Carpe Diem.

Ditto here. Winter in Chicago, not only salt you have to fight but also potholes everywhere. SUV all the way for winter driving.

Cars will depreciate whether they sit in the garage or are driven!! So I'm all for driving as much as desirable!!

I agree. Also with the anti corrosion coatings and the rust warranty, if you own the car for even up to 8 years, there should be no problems. Drive on I say!!

Quote, originally posted by dickiemo1 »
      Just got 7 inches of new snow and the R is like an allterrain vehicle for the streets. turn off the DSTC in a vacant parking lot and let the games begin!!!

Excactly what I did last night, nothing like going sideway Trying to get video of it tonight unless parking lot is blowed...

2015 BMW M3

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements