How to determine dynamic chassis on a pre-owned s60?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

How to determine dynamic chassis on a pre-owned s60?

Anyone know how to determine if a pre-owned s60 has the dynamic chassis? Is there a Vin# series to look for?

Thanks

PM
      1998 Volvo C70 - Mystic Silver/Charcoal, Stage III
      2007 Volvo S60r - Electric Silver/Nordkap - SOLD, and Missed.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Caspian Blue/Off-black

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

First off, if it's a T6, it will have Dynamic stock (unless customer ordered touring which is pretty rare).

I'd say the easiest giveaway just by looking is the presence of the 18" Sleipner wheels. Since most owners of these cars aren't going to change out wheels, if a T5 (or T6) has those wheels equipped, you can be certain it has Dynamic.

While it's hard to explain, when I was searching for mine, it looked to me that the Dynamic-equipped cars had a slightly more aggressive stance than the touring-equipped cars. Look at enough of them and you probably will be able to tell.

If you're actually driving the car, go into the Sensus menus and look for the adjustable steering force. If that option is there, the car has Dynamic.

Your dealer should be able to pull the car's build sheet, if all else fails.
      2000 V70 R| 2011 S60 T6 Polestar AWD *SOLD*

Should have clarified, on a T5... but thanks this will help my search a bunch.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

If it is a T5 it would need the Dynamic Package. Like he said it would be in the wheels.

Adjustable Steering Force is determining how heavy the steering wheel is right? Light, medium heavy?

Canadians have that on their S60 T5 Level II.... But I'm pretty sure Canadians were shafted with touring suspension and no option for dynamic suspension. At least we didn't get to choose when we bought the car.

If you're unsure, post the last 6 of the VIN, and I'll run a check for you.
      2007 S60 R - Sonic Blue / Nordkap | PhuzzyMotorsports 3" Downpipe | PhuzzyMotorsports FMIC | Elevate/Autotech ECM Tune | IPD HD Endlinks | Goodrich SS brake lines | IPD HD Transmission Mount | QBM Strut Conversion Kit

Quote Originally Posted by blazblue View Post
      If you're unsure, post the last 6 of the VIN, and I'll run a check for you.
      Last 6 of Vin# 078084

The Dynamic package has adjustable steering, doesn't it? So you could just see if the adjustable steering options were there?

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
      Should have clarified, on a T5... but thanks this will help my search a bunch.
      Does it have bi-xenon lights? 18" wheels?

You can also go to a Volvo retailer and ask them to run a warranty inquiry; it will show all options.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Does it have bi-xenon lights? 18" wheels?

You can also go to a Volvo retailer and ask them to run a warranty inquiry; it will show all options.
      Yes, it has both xenon's and 18' wheels.

Yes, it has both xenon's and 18' wheels.
      Then, it has Dynamic package (most Dynamic package cars had Bi-xenons ordered along) which includes Dynamic chassis.

Where is the car? Volvo Irvine or Volvo of Orange County?
      Last edited by GrecianVolvo; 06-29-2012 at 12:08 AM.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Last 6 of Vin# 078084
      Here's what I see when I run a used car check:

Is that the right color combo?
      2007 S60 R - Sonic Blue / Nordkap | PhuzzyMotorsports 3" Downpipe | PhuzzyMotorsports FMIC | Elevate/Autotech ECM Tune | IPD HD Endlinks | Goodrich SS brake lines | IPD HD Transmission Mount | QBM Strut Conversion Kit

Yup, that the car. Bought it this afternoon.

Looks like the former owner changed the rims cause he didn't like the 17" balder rims. Volvo of okc confirmed today.

And, no dynamic chassis.

So that bring up the question, what is involved in conferting to dynamic? Is it only shocks/struts and springs, and software or is there more like the 4-C adjustable chassis?

I've got a set of used dynamic chassis springs and rear shocks from my T6 when I changed to the R-design suspension. Let me know if you are at all interested in them. IIRC I think you might also be looking at a new front struts between the touring and dynamic chassis (t6 dynamic front struts and r-design struts are the same), and some bushing changes.

Separately, I would highly recommend that you look into the IPD rear anti-sway bar. It is a very worthwhile upgrade.
      2011 S60 T6 AWD - Ember Black, Off Black, Climate, Premium, Technology and Multimedia packages, PCC, Polestar, Sport Pedals, Load Bars/Bike Racks, Cargo Mat/Nets, R-Design Rear Diffuser, Strut Tower Brace, Springs and shocks, IPD Rear Swaybar, 50% Tint, LED Conversion
      2006 V50 T5 AWD - Barrent's Blue, Black Interior, Premium and Climate packages, IPD Skidplate, IPD HD Endlinks, Viva Rear Swaybar, EST Strut Tower Brace, LED Conversion

IMO there is a huge difference in ride quality to tell if the car has dynamic or not. Just go over some small bumps in the road. I guess you could order the touring chassis with adjustable steering and rims but I think most people would go for the freja's instead.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5, Flamenco Red Metallic, Soft Beige/Offblack interior, Premium, Climate, Dynamic, Mulitmedia,PCC, Bi-Xenon

Is that the only difference between the touring and dynamic? struts, shocks and springs? Then the R-design has different struts, shocks, springs, bushings and strut/cross stay? Are the sway bars the same on all?

The bushings are different on all three. The R-design has a thicker front sway bar. The dynamic chassis and the r-design chassis share front struts.
      2011 S60 T6 AWD - Ember Black, Off Black, Climate, Premium, Technology and Multimedia packages, PCC, Polestar, Sport Pedals, Load Bars/Bike Racks, Cargo Mat/Nets, R-Design Rear Diffuser, Strut Tower Brace, Springs and shocks, IPD Rear Swaybar, 50% Tint, LED Conversion
      2006 V50 T5 AWD - Barrent's Blue, Black Interior, Premium and Climate packages, IPD Skidplate, IPD HD Endlinks, Viva Rear Swaybar, EST Strut Tower Brace, LED Conversion

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements