2006 to 2008+ Bumper cover swap
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question 2006 to 2008+ Bumper cover swap

I searched around on the forums but couldn't find a previous topic on it. I was wondering if I could use a 2008+ bumper on the 2006 and use the 2011 new grille with the larger Volvo logo. I think the only thing I would need is new headlights as the ones on the 08+ seem to be smaller.

OH, and what about a V50 front bumper? Anybody have any experience swapping?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Crossie has...
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC | intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |IPD front end-links |Focus tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

Lol I just emailed Crossie about it, here is what he replied with:

the front end conversion makes a completely new car I'm not regretting it.

as for the parts, you'll need the front bumper cover from the facelift, new headlights, a new grill and if you really want to do this properly, sort of an air duct (the part behind the bumper cover that controls the air flow through the grill...

the headlights are a direct swap if you have halogens, if you have xenon you'll have to re-wire the housings (or the plug - you could ask AJ (carreragt7) on swedespeed, he has done the swap with xenon)
      you won't need the air tunnel behind the grill, I'm driving around without and never had any problems. you could also modify / cut the old one to fit, since the grill is a bit larger on the facelifted models.

hope that helps

I will do a write-up when I can afford all the parts
      BLACK 13' HYUNDAI GENESIS 2.0T - CURRENT 05' S40T5A BLACK BLISTEN/ EIBACH/ OBX/ ELEVATE/ K&N/ EST/ BSR SOLD- 98' S70T5A STOCK BLUE "A luxury car should drive itself"

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Hmmm, I guess the V50 and S40 share the same headlights so the swap of a V50 bumper should work

anyone knows if you can swap a 2008-2010 logo for a 2001 one?

or if you need the full $300 grill?
      '08 XC90 3.2 - Current | '10 V50 R-Design T5 M66 - Sold | '89 740 GLE 16 valve tank, Sold @ 640k km

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements