Deja Vu - Page 9
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Deja Vu

Hi Loyd,

Nice progress question for you found two sets of fobs and keys on a 2002 c70 at the local u-pull-it. since i once have one remote and one key ...What all do I have to remove and replace with mine for those keys and keyfobs to work?
      Any pic and location as well.

Thanks Doug!
      Last edited by dougy; 08-21-2016 at 12:22 AM.
      2006 S60R 2.4 T5 mostly stock fine tuned by https://urbastuning.wordpress.com
      ipd = sways, inter-cooler, inlet/TB/OTE silicone piping, cat back exhaust, rear camber bushings, sub-frame inserts,
      Originally Posted by John C "We are in the presence of greatness! "

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      Lloyd, what's the diameter of the snabb intercooler outlet? On the bottom, for "rip" kit type intake routing?
      2" which I think is the same as stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      Hi Loyd,

found two sets of fobs and keys on a 2002 c70 at the local u-pull-it. since i once have one remote and one key ...What all do I have to remove and replace with mine for those keys and keyfobs to work?
      Any pic and location as well.

Thanks Doug!
      I don't know if all 3 are necessary, but here's what I changed in mine that is guaranteed to work:

The little box is on the left side of the steering column below the DIM. I never had the courage to try one at a time for fear of locking it out.
      Last edited by LloydDobler; 08-21-2016 at 07:29 PM.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, stock turbo and tune (for now).
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.

oh man...cluster, ecu, lill box under dim, and key/ignition components ...so it will not work without ecu?
      2006 S60R 2.4 T5 mostly stock fine tuned by https://urbastuning.wordpress.com
      ipd = sways, inter-cooler, inlet/TB/OTE silicone piping, cat back exhaust, rear camber bushings, sub-frame inserts,
      Originally Posted by John C "We are in the presence of greatness! "

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Yeah from everything I've heard, the immobilizer ties it all together. Stealing ECUs became big business in the late 90's apparently, so they tied it to other parts of the car.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, stock turbo and tune (for now).

Found your thread... Read your story... Found a lot of informations for my 2004 C70 2.3hpt...

What's happening since last post?

Daniel "C70-T5"

Just driving and enjoying the car, working on my other cars (click in my signature for threads) and even bought my daughter a car which needed some work.

Basically this one is done and it runs & drives perfect with tons of power. I was going to save up and paint it laser blue, but now I have a V70R in Sonic blue and it's so similar that I'd hate to have two cars that look like the same color. So now I have to decide what other color I want it. Probably Titanium Gray, it looks so good on these cars.

Otherwise I'm just going to drive it till I wreck it again.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydDobler View Post
      Just driving and enjoying the car, working on my other cars (click in my signature for threads) and even bought my daughter a car which needed some work.

Basically this one is done and it runs & drives perfect with tons of power. I was going to save up and paint it laser blue, but now I have a V70R in Sonic blue and it's so similar that I'd hate to have two cars that look like the same color. So now I have to decide what other color I want it. Probably Titanium Gray, it looks so good on these cars.

Otherwise I'm just going to drive it till I wreck it again.
      Titanium gray is a good look, if I do say so myself...

Attachment 5961
      2004 Volvo C70 LT
      2005 MINI Cooper S
      1987 Volkswagen Cabriolet

I continue to drive and love this car, it runs perfect and looks great still. I've had to use it more than I wanted last winter between my V70R needing a ton of work and my daughter's V50 needing some work. And of course using it causes wear and tear.

Both knee panels on the car fell down, with broken plastic clips all around. For the passenger side, I made some aluminum brackets out of 1/16" strip purchased at ace hardware, and screwed them to the meaty part of the plastic:

Turns out there's a piece of plastic right where I had that nut, so I had to flip it to have the thin screw head on top and the nut sticking out the bottom. Can't see it when installed, and now it's in like it used to be.

On the driver's side, not only did the hole in the knee panel wallow out huge, which I solved by using a big fat washer, but the screw boss in the dash split open and won't hold a screw anymore. I figured why not use the oldest cheap trick in the book and zip tied it. Drilled two holes straddling the original one and looped a single tie through both. I've had the side screw in the door jamb there for a while now as well, which helps support it on the outside. You don't notice either one unless you're looking for them.

In addition to that I had a buzz in the plastic right above the rear view mirror, like a broken piece of plastic sitting there. I took down the passenger visor and light, and it flexed enough for me to jam a piece of thick but light foam into the cavity where the electrical plugs are. I buttoned it all up and no more noise. Took it out and washed it for the first time in months.

Also I've decided that because this car is garaged so much, I'm not going to paint it, I'm going to try a vinyl wrap. Taking suggestions for colors, and I'll post pics when done.

I say give the wrap a try. I did my first wrap last summer on my 240. I think for my first time it came out very well. Prep and patience are the keys. It also makes things a lot easier if you have two people, especially on big panels, like the hood and roof. The vinyl is very forgiving and easy to work with, just have to get a feel for it and make sure you get rid of all the air bubble before you "post-heat" it. Stick with a good brand of wrap too...Avery-Dennison, Vviivid, or 3M would be my picks. I used Vvivid.

Well, I was going to pay a guy to wrap it, but then I got his quote. Not entirely unreasonable but out of my budget for this year. Sigh. I should at least PDR the car and maybe have it detailed, that might be enough. I wish I was better at detailing but I don't have the patience.

This is something the rest of the forum might be interested in, I hate driving somewhere and putting the top up just for an hour or so. Like if I go to lunch and don't want the sun to beat up my leather, I put the top up. I finally started shopping and found this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Covercraft interior cover:

It velcros to the mirrors and door handles, and fits under the wipers and velcros to them:

And there are three tabs with bulbs on the end that you close in to the trunk:

It was only $80 when I bought it, and lower right now. It's pretty thin so while it isn't impervious to weather, it's good enough for what I want, which is to cycle the top less than I do now. Also it folds up pretty small. Basically it'll protect from sun and sprinkles and bird crap. I just figure I can't be the only one who wants one, and it is a perfect fit for the car.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9