I sprung for the Mods4cars Smart Top module - Page 5
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Yes, should work on any '06+ C70...

not seen it anywhere other than mods4cars, be it their website or their Ebay & Amazon stores...

they do list retailers on their website... I get the impression that most of them are installers who would presumably expect to make some more money by fitting it for you.

Can't help with Xenon bulbs sorry, but can confirm my H9 installation mentioned above was simple and quite effective.
      2009 C70 T5, Celestial Blue 130k
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Caspian Blue

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

+1 to all above. I don't think you'll find it any cheaper than direct from Mods4Cars -- if you check their blog site, they also have a 5% discount code. (Every now and then you'll see a used one on eBay/other resale sites.)

BD

'04 XC90 T5 AWD, '06 S40 M66 T5 FWD, '08 C70 M66 T5, '13 C70 T5 ('94 850 Turbo & '05 S60 T5 FWD R.I.P.)
      Current Fleet:
      1998 S70 Base (New project), 2006 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 2008 C70 Premium Plus M66, 2011 XC90 V8, 2013 C70 Platinum P*

RIP:
      1994 854T FWD, 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD, 2005 S60 2.5T FWD

Quote Originally Posted by suneetk View Post
      pretty sure the answer is yes, but before I spend the cash, will this work on my 2013 C70, USA model?

Also, besides Mods4Cars is there anywhere else I can purchase this SmartTop module?

Finally does anyone know if there are any Xenon replacement bulbs for '13 C70?
      1 yes
      2 no
      3 tons. can replace with oem ($& but very reliable and long life) or aftermarket (much cheaper and decent longevity).

trs has both:
      https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hi...-d-series.html
      2008 C70 GT - Black/Black/Nordic Oak • 18x8 Black Midirs
      Shark Stage 1 Tune • GoVo ECU Spacer • Ford e-Focus Mount • Bilstein B8 • H&R Springs • Elevate Rear Swaybar • Volvo Strut Bar • Massive Camber Arms • Centric Rotors • Akebono Pads • Hankook Ventus Evo2 235/40/18 • Mods4cars SmartTop • Llumar/Madico Tint • E46 Bi-Xenon HID Retrofit w/ZKW-R Lens Morimoto XB35 • LED Int/Ext/Halos • Fryalip • Custom Leather Steering Wheel Wrap • CocoMats Black Sisal • IPD Skidplate • Fumoto F104N Valve

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I just read through this whole thread. Great info. Thanks

I think this is going to be my first mod to the 70. Once it warms up that is. Don't need the top down in January in Wisconsin!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
      11 C70 T5
      06 XC90 2.5T (SOLD)
      00 C70 CONVERTIBLE (SOLD)
      70 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

I just ordered the smart top module.

$265 with free shipping. Can't wait to install it.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
      11 C70 T5
      06 XC90 2.5T (SOLD)
      70 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

you'll love it. besides the remote controlled top up/down and the ability to drive at low speeds while the top finishes it's thing, little things like the passenger side mirror angling down to see parking lines while backing up are super helpful on a daily basis (since i don't have a back up camera or sensors)
      2008 C70 GT - Black/Black/Nordic Oak • 18x8 Black Midirs
      Shark Stage 1 Tune • GoVo ECU Spacer • Ford e-Focus Mount • Bilstein B8 • H&R Springs • Elevate Rear Swaybar • Volvo Strut Bar • Massive Camber Arms • Centric Rotors • Akebono Pads • Hankook Ventus Evo2 235/40/18 • Mods4cars SmartTop • Llumar/Madico Tint • E46 Bi-Xenon HID Retrofit w/ZKW-R Lens Morimoto XB35 • LED Int/Ext/Halos • Fryalip • Custom Leather Steering Wheel Wrap • CocoMats Black Sisal • IPD Skidplate • Fumoto F104N Valve

One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is being able to open my door with one pull of the inside handle. That drives me nuts.

11 C70 T5
      06 XC90 2.5T (SOLD)
      70 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRabbit View Post
      One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is being able to open my door with one pull of the inside handle. That drives me nuts.
      ? not sure this has anything to do with the smart top...
      You won't regret the Smart Top - great mod. Check out my installation pics and video earlier in this thread.
      regtor
      2011 C70 T5 polestar | electric silver metallic/cranberry
      dynamic, multimedia, climate & convenience packages
      blis, sport pedals, oem front strut bar, elevate rear sway bar, mods4cars smart top, volvotech vbb4 rear camera

Quote Originally Posted by regtor View Post
      ? not sure this has anything to do with the smart top...
      You won't regret the Smart Top - great mod. Check out my installation pics and video earlier in this thread.
      I did go through those already a couple times. Very helpful.

The web site says the module can be set to unlock doors to eliminate the double pull?

I had a friend in the car last week and I thought he was going to rip the handle off when it wouldn't open. Forget to tell him about the double pull and I never use the unlock button.

11 C70 T5
      06 XC90 2.5T (SOLD)
      70 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

Yes, one of the SmartTop options can be set to automatically unlock the doors when you turn off the ignition... doesn’t work for my wife who has to open the door as soon as I stop, and won’t wait long enough for me to turn the engine off
      2009 C70 T5, Celestial Blue 130k
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Caspian Blue

Ahh, got it. That was a senior moment...
      regtor
      blis, sport pedals, oem front strut bar, elevate rear sway bar, mods4cars smart top, volvotech vbb4 rear camera

Well, I got it installed today. Took about 45 minutes. The hardest part is getting the grey plug out. My hands are too big.

Thanks to all for the great info on here. Made it a lot easier to have this info.

Now I just need some warmer weather.

I'll add a couple pics too.

11 C70 T5
      06 XC90 2.5T (SOLD)
      70 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRabbit View Post
      Well, I got it installed today. Took about 45 minutes. The hardest part is getting the grey plug out. My hands are too big.

I'll add a couple pics too.

Would angled pliers help any with the removal/install of the gray plug? I probably need to get a set of those for a couple of other challenges anyway; may finally have some time this summer to do the SmartTop mod. Thanks for the updates!

BD

'04 XC90 2.5T AWD, '06 S40 M66 T5 FWD, '08 C70 M66 T5 Premier Plus, '13 C70 T5 Platinum P* ('94 850 Turbo & '05 S60 T5 FWD R.I.P.)
      Current Fleet:
      1998 S70 Base (New project), 2006 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 2008 C70 Premium Plus M66, 2011 XC90 V8, 2013 C70 Platinum P*

RIP:

After struggling with the plug for a bit, I ended up taking the cap from a spray can and used it to push the carpet out so I didn't have to hold that.

Then if you reach in and push the button in with one hand and lightly pop it out from the top with a screw driver it came right out.

11 C70 T5
      06 XC90 2.5T (SOLD)
      70 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

Rabbit - here's hoping for warm weather soon. You'll love walking up to the car and opening the top before you get there. Yes, it's a little showoff-y but you don't have to wait in the car while the top goes down. In any event, no more having to hold the top button down or up!!

BD - not sure if you have space for pliers as it is real tight, and you might damage something down there. You really have to push the carpet panel down and away, so much so that I worried I would damage it. But it was OK in the end. A third hand to hold the carpet panel down would have been great... I did end up breaking one of the gray clips that hold down the carpet panel but they are real cheap at my dealer (ok, $2 each was a ripoff but paid it anyway).
      regtor

Rabbit - here's hoping for warm weather soon. You'll love walking up to the car and opening the top before you get there. Yes, it's a little showoff-y but you don't have to wait in the car while the top goes down. In any event, no more having to hold the top button down or up!!

BD - not sure if you have space for pliers as it is real tight, and you might damage something down there. You really have to push the carpet panel down and away, so much so that I worried I would damage it. But it was OK in the end. A third hand to hold the carpet panel down would have been great... I did end up breaking one of the gray clips that hold down the carpet panel but they are real cheap at my dealer (ok, $2 each was a ripoff but paid it anyway).
      I will probably use it most at work. I tend to leave the top down a lot on my mustang too, and it always seems to rain out of nowhere. Now I won't have to run out to my car in the rain and put it up. I wish I could get one for the mustang too.

And if anyone is thinking of getting one. Motivemods on eBay has them for $312 and eBay has a 15% coupon code that would bring it down to $265 right now.

11 C70 T5
      06 XC90 2.5T (SOLD)
      70 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

Thanks for the tip, regtor! I'll have a few extra hands this summer, especially if daughter #1 thinks she's going to be driving the '08 she has at college now instead of the S40 (currently gutted while I fix the sunroof drains AGAIN).

For all of you bantering on the other posts about the insurance costs when your daughters get old enough to drive, the pain is real. It's about to get even worse for me -- the 16 year old son is about to get his license. Guess which car he thinks he just HAS to drive?

BD

'04 XC90 2.5T AWD, '06 S40 M66 T5 FWD, '08 C70 M66 T5 Premier Plus, '13 C70 T5 Platinum P* ('94 850 Turbo & '05 S60 T5 FWD R.I.P.)
      Current Fleet:

RIP:

" the 16 year old son is about to get his license. Guess which car he thinks he just HAS to drive?"

I told my two boys that I would pay for basic insurance but that they had to pay for any increases that might occur. Worked for us.

You guys are inspiring me! I've only had my '13 for 4 months now, and the craving for a more "satisfying" exhaust sound and this top mod is getting stronger by the day. Road trip to Palm Springs was great and I've added almost 5,000 miles since December!

On that insurance side note: When I told one of my kids he was going to have to contribute towards the costs, he responded: "I have better things to do with my money." And he still doesn't drive, 22 years later! I even gave him the hand-me-down '83 240 wagon! He lives in San Francisco, so a parking spot would cost as much as apartment rent elsewhere. It's hard to understand how a child of mine wouldn't want to drive!
      2013 C70 Platinum Plus. Polestar Tune. GoVo ECU Spacer. Mods4Cars Smart Top Module, Black Ember Metallic, Midir 18”. Bought 1/2018/13,800 mi.
      2004 XC70 (2008-2018 - 189,000mi.)

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorWatcher View Post
      You guys are inspiring me! I've only had my '13 for 4 months now, and the craving for a more "satisfying" exhaust sound and this top mod is getting stronger by the day. Road trip to Palm Springs was great and I've added almost 5,000 miles since December!

On that insurance side note: When I told one of my kids he was going to have to contribute towards the costs, he responded: "I have better things to do with my money." And he still doesn't drive, 22 years later! I even gave him the hand-me-down '83 240 wagon! He lives in San Francisco, so a parking spot would cost as much as apartment rent elsewhere. It's hard to understand how a child of mine wouldn't want to drive!
      Don't get a cat back. I get a serious growl out of down pipe and stage 2 tune , and that all translates to extra power. Our exhaust flows pretty well, so aftermarket exhaust is all sound, no fury.

Oh, and DEFINITELY get the Smart Top!
      Last edited by dbphillips; 05-03-2020 at 01:39 AM.
      2009 Hilton Stage 2 (280hp/340ftlbs) C70 M66 Passion Red/Graphite/Aluminum - Quaife LSD installed!
      2011 XC60 3.2L Barents Blue/Anthracite/Aluminum - rings/pistons at 35k, new engine at 50k, seems no oil loss yet at 100k.

Thinking of the smart module. "Happy father's Day to me.".

Anyone have a used one or thoughts on where to buy?

Glad this works well, plan on ordering this for my amg, pretty amped!
      06R Custom Electric Blue Silver
      07R Magic Blue - Sold
      04 Bonatti Gray Rover Disco HSE
      09 Iridium Silver SLK55 AMG P30 Edition

26. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5